Billion BiPAC 7800VDPX

3.5

Craig

CraigPerth

Does the job

This modem router does the job. The interface is a big clunky. That is you have to dig around to find what you are after and the fields aren't as detailed as say a Netgear. There also aren't any detailed stats about traffic, etc. However it has provided stable internet and wireless connectivity for years now.

Date PurchasedSep 2013
    Ravi B

Ravi B

Nothing Extraordinary

Bought it after reading a lot of reviews however not at all impressed.. Dual band feature is nice but 5ghz has really short range. Cannot port third party custom OS. And official software upgrades has stopped for this product. My unit died after one year but billion sent another with no issues and am still using it on tpg ADSL 2+. Speed is not great but according to tpg its my distance from exchange. Ah well!! I would recommend Asus nighthawk over this one

Date PurchasedApr 2012
    Jay

JayBris

Good connections

I used to own a Billion a few years ago, so when it was time to get a new modem, I decided to try it again. The price is reasonable and the setup is relatively easy to do, as I have a technical background. It's reliable, stable and does what I need to do when I'm online. A solid investment.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
    Routers

Find out how Billion BiPAC 7800VDPX compares to other Routers

Sam Lenny

Sam LennyMelbourne

The worst router/moderm I ever used!!! AVOID

I bought this from Msy for my very big business building I checked the review looks good especially I am concerned for the reception of the network after installation it was fine but three days later the reception becomes unstable I went back to the shop they persuade me to purchase extra two units to set up different area of the building but it did not do nothing more I tested it with some other brand old modem I had for years the old one beats these expensive high tech lookalike in both coverage and speed on the same network w sigh with!!! Pity it's with only repair warranty I now left with them for no use!!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
    BBBrisbane

BBBrisbaneQLD, 4101

It is doing the job. needs reboot every now and then

It has good interface and a lot of features you expect from a modem in this price range. Like many other modems it has a lot f settings that sometimes seem to be difficult to find the one you are after among all others. It is a reliable and quality router in general.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
    MoFresh

MoFreshMelbourne

Fast, easy-to-configure router

This router is packed with features, great for someone with a bit of technical know-how, and a perfect price. Fast speeds and good reliability. We have been using this modem/router for a number of years now, and have always been pleased with it. Only minor gripe would be a slight difficulty in sometimes finding certain settings - the UI could be tweaked a little to be more user-friendly (but it isn't bad by any stretch).

Date PurchasedJun 2012
    Rozzer

RozzerBrunswick

Good product for a reasonable price

I purchased this router as my router died and was looking for a quality router that wouldn't break the bank. I decided on this one based on some reviews I found on Whirlpool and have not looked back since. Not only is it extremely stable, it has a ton of features that you wouldn't expect at this price point. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a quality router at a good price.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Find out how Billion BiPAC 7800VDPX compares to other Routers

ted12

ted12brisbane

Trouble free all-in-one router

Easy to set up and configure. Every works well. Gets good sync and fast upload and download without drop outs. Streams well over wireless. No problems with interference.

Voip seems to work OK but we dont use the land line much so I cant really rate voip performance yet.

Outperforms my previous draytek across the board. I bought it in a hurry because the draytek fried itself. If I had more time to research I probably wouldn't have got an all in one.
    Worked out of the box