TP-Link AC1200 VR4000

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

okay for 2 storey townhouse

I Live in a 2 storey double brick townhouse. I can only receive 5g service when I was downstairs in the living room where the router is located. on a 50nbn plan.
upstairs on normal wifi i get about 12mb-20mb. sometimes even 5mb
downstairs i get about minimum 40mb
Dropout sometimes I get it once a week.
For NFC NBN users it is not plug and play. You have to read to manual to set it up.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $140.00.

Number of Connected Devices 4 devices
ISPAussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus)
Functionality
Ease of Setup
Wi-Fi Range
Reliability

Good range and reliable modem

For sub $100, this is a great modem with 3 years warranty, range is good and very reliable. 2.4G range is good but 5G range is acceptable. Some drop outs on 5G connection, but 2.4G performance is perfect.

This modem should be read TP-Link AC1200 VR400 NOT VR4000.

Purchased in July 2017 at Officeworks for $84.55.

Functionality
Ease of Setup
Wi-Fi Range
Reliability

Slow VPN Speed

I won't bang on for hours, I use a VPN when watching UK TV etc, after contacting TP-LInk support I was told the VR400 is limited to 8-9 MB when using a VPN, I'm losing around 4.4MB compared to my 12 year old Billion on ADSL2+ other than that, the modem is good for the price, TP-Link Support is good, just wanted to warn about slow VPN speeds.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Great Long Range Modem

An excellent modem with a very long range which easily covers the entire house and allows a lot of devices to connect (multiple laptops, mobile phones, tablets at the same time) without any noticeable drop in speed. It was straight-forward to setup and I never had any issue with it.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Good router.

It has decent range, communicates well with the network. Haven't had any real dropouts. Signal goes through the walls pretty well. Several hardline outlets. Easy to understand functions and outlets. I download a fair bit for work and the unit has been constantly in use for about 9 months without issue.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Very reliable

Purchased this modem when I signed up for the NBN with TPG. It's been very reliable. I've never had to do a reset. It was very easy to set up. The reception seems pretty good as I can still get a good signal from the back yard. Would definitely recommend.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Good wifi range.

Bought this modem for our NBN service.. Has good WiFi range, interfered with our radios so had to turn off 2.4 mhz WiFi and you can't connect a VOIP phone to it. Also a bit ugly with antennas sticking up everywhere.
Overall not bad and I should have realised these shortcomings when I purchased.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Nicely priced Modem Router - effective

I was able to buy this router after a storm killed my previous 1. It has a 3year Warranty and is
VDSL/ADSL/Fiber/Cable Compatible, has AC1200 Dual Band Wi-Fi and Beamforming for Targeted Wi-Fi.
Cost $129

Does the TP link AC1200 VR400 have full cone NAT option or one-to-one NAT.
TP-Link support told me the VR-400 had a cap of 10 Mbps when using a VPN, so I went back to my favorite brand and got another Billion Modem, a BiPAC 8700AXL-1600 from IJK http://ijk.com.au/au/ I checked out the user manual and it seems to have what your looking for.

Does the usb support an ext h-drive to use as a file transfer hub for general back ups and file transferring files to other devices ? If so, what is the max speed ? Many thanks
https://www.tp-link.com/au/download/Archer-VR400.html Go to user manual cpage 8https://www.tp-link.com/au/products/details/cat-15_Archer-VR400.html

CategoryRouters and Modems
Frequency BandDual-Band (2.4GHz, 5.0GHz)
FeaturesBeamforming, External Antennas, Parental Controls and Quality of Service
Maximum Wireless Speed867 Mbps