6TP-Link AC1200 Archer VR400

Helpful customer support

Cogs
CogsWhittlesea6 posts
  V3

Worst modem/router I have ever owned

Bought it October 2024 for my daughter, and it was good for the first three or so months.

Started getting dropouts which I thought was ISP/NBN issues.

Today, 21 May 2024 the internet connection was lost and with help of my ISP we could not get back online.

I connected my TP Link Archer VR2100v and we had internet connection.

A new modem has been ordered through ISP.

Definately not happy with it.

Will be returning for a refund.

I do NOT recommend. Show details

Amin
AminSouth East Queensland, QLD

I am connected now!

Had an issue with my modem. Contacted the customer service and Rita helped me to sort it out. She was helpful and patient. Thanks Rita :) Show reply
Edy
Edy

Easy setup

Relatively simple set up and customer service was very helpful, Daria in particular! Show reply
Ronald D.
Ronald D.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

amazing

10/5 stars for the help from sylvia we went through a lot of different options and got the problem fixed great work. Show details ·  1
Rahul V
Rahul VPerth, WA

Great Customer Support

Great customer service by Aurelia for solving the problem. She was so patient and helpful during the process. Appreciate the support. Show details ·  1
Ryan P
Ryan P

Excellent service from Cassiel

Cassiel has been really professional, patient and friendly during our call. She has settled my concerns efficiently. I’m so glad that I got call from her. Not to mention, she’s also a bilingual which has been such great help. Show reply
anna
anna

connected successfully

I was having issues with connecting my wifi modem and Daria was very helpful and patient with me until it was successfully connected. Show details ·  1
Richard M.
Richard M.

Great experience, result achieved

Winnie was friendly, patient and helpful and got me to the result I wanted. Thank you so much! Show reply
Rupen
Rupen

Problem Solved

Very Satusfied with Mona’s service. Thank you so much . Stuggling to fix problem with router. Connecting only one device at a time but mona helped me to fix problem. Show details ·  1
Agrim
Agrim
  Fair Incentive V3

Reliable support and excellent product

Really amazing and support is really reliable help alot hardware hardly gave any problem Show details ·  1
Tom
Tom

Very easy to use

Easy connection as a modem router
Tp link support crew are phenomenal if you have any connection issues Show reply
Melanie R.
Melanie R.

Amazing Support

Took a little bit of help to set up because I had no idea what I was doing but the TP-Link Tech Support Aurelia Kuang was extremely helpful and answered all my questions. Show details ·  1
Nura Abdu
Nura Abdu
  V2

Perfect service and solved all problems

Modem connected immediately with help. Thank you for very much. Show details ·  1
Alex
Alex
  V3

Great service and easy to install

Aurelia was outstanding in helping me set up my home internet as well as rectifying any issues I had in the process. Show details ·  1
Paul
Paul2 posts
  AC1200 Archer VR400

Very happy with Modem

Very happy with Rosine the technician very smart.Thanks Rosine. And happy with the modem so far Show details ·  1

Sophia P.
Sophia P. · AC1200 Archer VR400

Would this modem router work with a RJ-11 6P4C DSL cable? It comes with a RJ-11 6P2C cable.

Juzzy
Juzzy

Yes, because DSL only uses a single pair, contacts 1, 2, 5 & 6 are unused.
A 6P2C, 6P4C and even a 6P6C will work fine as it is the same physical sized connector.

TP-Link
TP-Link   DM

Thank you Juzzy for providing the correct answer, you beat us to it! Appreciate your assistance.

Jeff M.
Jeff M. · AC1200 Archer VR400

Can you plug you phone in this modem
I had a Optus supplied modem and I could do this on the nbn

Johnno
Johnno
jnu123

i have VR400 Version 1, there is no port to link your phone, but you can use this on FTTN, FTTC, HFC, FTTP NBN internet connection, it is a pretty good and reliable router too, 3 years warranty is very good.

Kael · AC1200 Archer VR400

Does this modem router have a limit for connected wireless devices? I've noticed somewhat frequent internet drops when powering on certain devices (printer).

jnu123

There is a limit, but is over 100 devices, try 2.4g instead of 5g to connect printer, I use cable to connect my printer to this to link. Internet drop may be the reason of your internet provider , are you using nbn fttn or hfc technology?

Kael

Oh great, thanks. I have nbn fttn and I have it connected using 2.4g already. It happens when we send a print job on a laptop connected to the same network, but only occasionally (frequently enough to be frustrating).

Features:

• The TP-Link AC1200 Archer VR400 has dual-band Wi-Fi, with 867 Mbps (5 GHz) + 300 Mbps (2.4 GHz).
  • This modem router has versatile connectivity, being fully compatible with the VDSL2/ADSL2+/ADSL2/ADSL standards, as well as fiber, cable and 3G/4G Internet services.
  • There are two versions of this modem router: the V2 and the V3.
  • Both have a USB port and beamforming technology. The V3 also works alongside TP-Link OneMesh products to create a Mesh network.
  • Both models connect to the Tether App, which lets you access and manage your router on iOS and Android devices.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers said that the TP-Link AC1200 Archer VR400 had great speeds.
  • They also said the modem router was reliable, with no or minimal dropouts.
  • Those who called TP-LINK assistance if they had trouble setting up or any issues with their device said they experienced helpful, professional customer service.
Compare all TP-Link AC1200 Archer VR400 listings
TP-Link AC1200 Archer VR400 V3
  • 🏆 2024 Award
TP-Link AC1200 Archer VR400 V34.5
TP-Link AC1200 Archer VR400 V2
  • 🏆 2024 Award
TP-Link AC1200 Archer VR400 V24.2
CategoryRouters and ModemsRouters and Modems
Frequency BandDual-Band (2.4GHz, 5.0GHz)Dual-Band (2.4GHz, 5.0GHz)
FeaturesBeamforming, External Antennas, Mesh Compatible, Mobile App Control and Parental ControlsBeamforming, External Antennas, Mobile App Control, Parental Controls and Quality of Service
Maximum Wireless Speed867 Mbps867 Mbps
Number of Ethernet Ports44
Wi-Fi Standard802.11 a, 802.11 ac, 802.11 b, 802.11 g and 802.11 n802.11 a, 802.11 ac, 802.11 b, 802.11 g and 802.11 n
DSL SupportADSL, ADSL2, ADSL2+, VDSL and VDSL2ADSL, ADSL2, ADSL2+, VDSL and VDSL2
Number of USB 2.0 Ports11
Number of USB 3.0 Ports00
Dimensions 31.6 x 215.6 x 124.6 mm32.5 x 243 x 160.6 mm
NBN CompatibleYes
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)
ManualDownload manualDownload manual