TP-Link Archer VR600 / VR600V

TP-Link Archer VR600 / VR600V

VR600 and VR600V (VoIP)

Excellent Router with a good price

Bought this router modem when I was having an issue with the provider supplied model (TPG/Huawei). I was thinking of changing the old modem but unfortunately I will lose my VOIP as I don't have the configuration for this. Instead I use the VR600V in bridge mode and use the old one as a modem only. The quality of the connection did change and much better than Huawei, I would like to use the VR600V as my modem-wi-fi but need to research on how to activate/settings of the VOIP.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

A great product!

We signed up with TPG for an NBN package and they supplied us with the TP-Link modem. It is an easy to use product where you literally just plug it in. The support service provided by TPG also made tracking the NBN route easier. I can recommend this if you are looking for an easy to use modem.

General average

Bought a period of time, sometimes will be inexplicable drop line, probably a few minutes.
Sometimes a reboot is needed to fix the problem, whether it is a router problem or a carrier problem.
When you go to the room and close the door, the signal is very erratic.
But it's still a good product, at least for most of my time.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

It's a good choice.

The surface is relatively smooth, will absorb dust and leave fingerprints traces, and the phone screen like。Quick settings make it easier, the list of ISPs is selected, it pre-selects various settings for that provider.Great WiFi RangeThe 2.4 and 5GHz WiFi series have been improved, the TP Link theter app is great, it's easy to set up and manage the connection easily.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Beautiful Outside But Beautiful Inside!

This not only a beautifully designed router, which saves space and delivers the great benefits promised on online reviews.
Set up was a breeze when I selected "Basic", no hiccups, no problems at all.
Note that I have Comcast/Xfinity Basic Internet service: 3Mbps down and 0.78Mbps Up. Not very fast at all but, when I replaced my older Netgear WNR2000v3 ( has was working but I wasn't happy) with this TP Link, it's like I have new pc and higher internet speed.

Great router for the price. Good 2.4/5ghz combo

Simple to set up modem. Quick set up makes it easier (such as choosing from list of Australian ISP's, which preselects various settings for that provider).

Option to setup VPN to work with router is a great little feature.

Only downside is, whilst our phone line is stable, I do like the idea of having an auto rebooting late night/early morning for a resync (as I find it works a bit better). This modem has the feature. But it is not auto rebooting at all, despite all settings being correct.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Very reliable

Easy to setup - mater of fact it is preconfigured for a wide selection of aussie ISPs all you need is your ISP username and password.
Seems to handle 12+ devices being connected without any issue.
Good signal.
Had no issues transferring from adsl to nbn FTTN
The device very lightweight not sure if this is a pro or a con

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Solid family router works well

This is our family home router and it puts in a solid job. The kids give it a pounding and there is usually somebody streaming something. It answers the call very well and apart from getting a bit warm from time to time, works very well. I have only ever occasionally had to reset it and initial set up was fairly straight forward with a little help. Overall a good performer

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Reliable router - rearely need to restart

I used to have to restart my old router every second day towards the end - it would look if you even looked at it. This has been a dream run by comparison. Its extremely stable and causes meno issues at all. Initaila set up was not too bad, I have a techie brother so he did most of it. I like it when a product "just works"

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Great pickup!

My home is fairly spacious, and with my old modem I experienced a lot of "black spots" where I had no connection to the Wi-Fi. When I bought this modem, I immediately noticed that the speeds were faster, and I had absolutely no dark spots in my house. I would recommend this modem to anyone with a big house who has problems with range.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great product!

This modem never misses a beat. Handles streaming from multiple devices with ease and wifi range is incredible. Never had a dropout as a result of the modem, and the UI is easy to understand when configuring options. I've started recommending TP-Link modems to friends looking for a reliable modem.

Average WiFi signal strength

Replaced my old Netgear N600 as the NBN had been switched on and being FTTN connection I needed a VDSL modem which my old modem wasn't. I bought this one hoping to broadcast a stronger signal, the N600 wasn't a high end modem and old with no external antennas so I reasonably expected a better signal strength. Nope. And my devices often loose the connection around the small house and issue I never previously had. I'll be 10 feet away from the WiFi and my iPhone will be using mobile data as it hasn't detected the network! I'm hoping it is a hiberation features or something similar on the TP-Link. Setup was dead simple but performance has been sub par.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Great range

Very easy to set up and use. Great little app that can set up the passwords on your phone or android device.
I live in a double storey house and range is actually very good.
The fast speed 5G wifi function one is a bit limited to the downstairs area( modem router located downstairs) but the normal wifi range gives a full strength to all my devices.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Voip won't work

Internet wise, haven't had any drop outs yet and has great range compared to other routers I've used. My only issue is I've been unable to get voip working with my provider Spintel. Neither Spintel or TP-Link could solve the issue. I had a TP-Link VR200V before this and it was working fine voip and all.

Pros:
-Great Wifi range (although the signal strength may seem weak as it shows 1 bar or so on my phone the connection is outstanding)
-VOIP capability
-Has 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz bands
-USB port sharing
-Printer sharing
-Built in answering machine to save to USB and many more phone options

Cons:
-Rather pricey
-Took some time to set up my NBN due to and tricky option 'Operation Mode' that was not set correctly.
-Voip not working with my provider.

Bottom Line: I bought this model for the viop option but are unable to get it working. I'm left with no options now but to return it a second time.

Good Modem / Router for NBN

I have installed this modem and also Tp-link VR900 over 20 times. It’s a very reliable modem, has excellent wifi AC Dual Band range, and the best thing using it with NBN is that it has Broadcom chipset and it will achieve the best Sync rate (download / upload speed)

D2 Archer

A very good easy to setup ADSL modem, password is on the base of the unit and IP access is simple to configure by using the proprietary IP address which alows you to customise things like password etc.
This is a dual 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz modem which means most accessories operate on the 2.4 Ghz range but a few items like mobiles have the option of 5 Ghz
Remember 2.4 Ghz wave signals will penetrate walls and travel further, whilst 5 Ghz are shorter waves but have faster transfer speeds.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Speed Improved with this Router

We are connected to the NBN FTTN, with Telstra BigPond. We were using the Telstra supplied Technicolor Gateway Modem/Router. After a recommendation to switch to the TP Link Archer Series, I picked the VR600 as it had all the features we need, without DECT as we’ve ditched the unused Landline. Our WiFi range on both 2.4 and 5ghz have improved, the TP Link Theter App is fantastic, it made set up a breeze, manages connections with ease and is great for setting up and managing a Guest network. The best thing overall though, is that we now have faster download and upload speeds! By a massive 40%!! So before you think you have a bad NBN connection, blame the hardware not the copper!

Supplied when I switched over to NBN

I used to own Netgear ADSL routers.
Then I switched over to NBN, with phone included.
It has overheated, shutting itself down.
I personally find there are not enough personal settings for example QOS to name but one.
I am not a fan of this router give me a Netgear

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Excellent coverage on a small apartment

I was looking for a bang for the buck adsl2 and vdsl2 modem router. This led me to the vr600.
Pros:
Dashboard is easy to use (on a computer)
Dual Modulation
Competitively priced
Has a good signal coverage (home is a 2 bedroom brick walled apartment).
LED lights can be controlled via dashboard
Cons:
Tends to go hot, you may want to place it on a well ventilated area.
Dashboard can be annoying on a mobile.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Good modem

The look and feel of this product is good. I must admit the modem gets hot and im not sure if the design of the product helps with the heating issues. Its an easy modem to set up and is NBN ready. Overall i'd say its a good little modem. I hope Tplink continues to update the firmware as required.