TP-Link Archer VR600 / VR600V

TP-Link Archer VR600 / VR600V

VR600, VR600V (VoIP)

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

airsolaja

airsolajaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Suggested by a company but not impressed

I don't know if this is the network, provider or NBN system that makes internet today worse then 3 years ago. The company instaling NBN suggested buying TP-Link, and the internet is just so unpredictable, on weekends it is so slow that I do not understand the point of having NBN? The box of the router does not have any hook so I can hook it up on the wall, they assume that I will have a shelf to put it on?

Purchased in April 2019 at eBay for $300.00.

Number of Connected Devices 1 devices
ModemNetComm 3G29WN2

Kieren A.

Kieren A.Murray Region, NSW

Great range and speed. Reaches the sheds!

What I can I say it was cheap and looks great in the kitchen. Has a fantastic range and well out does any NBN bottleneck with fibre to the node connections.

Purchased at Jaycar Electronics for $129.00.

Number of Connected Devices 6 devices
ISPAussie Broadband NBN 100 (Family)
Modemthis one!
Tejash

TejashPerth, Western Australia

Excellent and good enough for domestic use (5-6 devices)

My previous modem used to be D Link python which was a great device, however after a year and half, it started getting dropouts frequently for some reason. After going through quite a few attempts and checks with D-link technician over the phone, D-link offered me a refund. I had a chat with Mate communicate service tech who recommended me of TP-Link VR600V after a couple of questions. I bought this router from Officeworks and since then I haven't looked back.

The router is easy to set up with a very few time dropouts so far (barely 2-3 in last six months).

I would rate this router for ease of set up, reliable and affordability. Five stars from me :)

Purchased in February 2019 at Officeworks for $228.00.

Number of Connected Devices 5 devices
ISPMate NBN 50 (Best Mates)
ModemTP-Link VR600V (VoIP)
Shahrin noor

Shahrin noorGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect!

We live in a area where its sometimes hard to get the network but since we got this everything went the best. I even get coverage from little far from my house.

Purchased in July 2019 at Officeworks Physical store for $250.00.

Number of Connected Devices 6 devices
ISPACN Pacific NBN
ModemTP-Link Archer C7

Aiden P.

Aiden P.

Awesome router with great WiFi performance

Super fast router, great signal throughout the house, great NBN sync speeds, and super cheap ($100 for this?).

Works great on Aussie Broadband FTTN and the ability to turn the lights off is awesome.

Purchased in March 2018 for $100.00.

Number of Connected Devices 10 devices
ISPAussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus)
ModemTP-Link VR600

Steve

SteveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good enough for NBN

Needed something NBN compliant once it rolled into my area, this was a decent budget unit that does the job. Pretty simple to set up - mostly automated. Aesthetically sleek design and easy enough to find the relevant buttons and ports.
Get dropouts maybe once a month or less, pretty reliable.

Wi-fi range is so-so, I can connect with varying signal strength depending on the range obviously, though I've seen better.
The UI and internal settings could be a lot more involved and expanded sadly, no ability to block individual IP's or certain other tweaks that you may be interested in.

Purchased in March 2018 at eBay for $106.00.

Number of Connected Devices 7 devices
ISPiiNet NBN 12
ModemD-Link AC1900 Viper DSL-2900AL

Pawan Prasad

Pawan PrasadSydney, NSW

Nice.

Bought this router modem when I was having an issue with the TPG modem which they provided. now all good. it is working perfectly, smoothly. would recommend anyone to buy and try.

Purchased in January 2019 for $199.00.

Number of Connected Devices 8 devices

umar a.

umar a.

so far so good

i just want to point out buying a new router wont help if the device on the other end have outdated wifi chips and if your isp dont support the speeds your router clams to output then whats the point in Australia really. my provider is LETSBEMATES there really good and with the tp-link i run power line adaptors on my main pc and i get 84 mbps after 6:00pm so far so good

Purchased in May 2019.

Number of Connected Devices 10 devices
ISPMore Telecom NBN
ModemASUS DSL-AC52U
Emer

EmerSydney, NSW

Excellent Router with a good price

Bought this router modem when I was having an issue with the provider supplied model (TPG/Huawei). I was thinking of changing the old modem but unfortunately I will lose my VOIP as I don't have the configuration for this. Instead I use the VR600V in bridge mode and use the old one as a modem only. The quality of the connection did change and much better than Huawei, I would like to use the VR600V as my modem-wi-fi but need to research on how to activate/settings of the VOIP.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Angela vd K

Angela vd KGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A great product!

We signed up with TPG for an NBN package and they supplied us with the TP-Link modem. It is an easy to use product where you literally just plug it in. The support service provided by TPG also made tracking the NBN route easier. I can recommend this if you are looking for an easy to use modem.

JahannaLeo

JahannaLeoWarrnambool

General average

Bought a period of time, sometimes will be inexplicable drop line, probably a few minutes.
Sometimes a reboot is needed to fix the problem, whether it is a router problem or a carrier problem.
When you go to the room and close the door, the signal is very erratic.
But it's still a good product, at least for most of my time.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Jacqueline

JacquelineLEANYER

It's a good choice.

The surface is relatively smooth, will absorb dust and leave fingerprints traces, and the phone screen like。Quick settings make it easier, the list of ISPs is selected, it pre-selects various settings for that provider.Great WiFi RangeThe 2.4 and 5GHz WiFi series have been improved, the TP Link theter app is great, it's easy to set up and manage the connection easily.

Alannah Hislop

Alannah HislopWadalba

Beautiful Outside But Beautiful Inside!

This not only a beautifully designed router, which saves space and delivers the great benefits promised on online reviews.
Set up was a breeze when I selected "Basic", no hiccups, no problems at all.
Note that I have Comcast/Xfinity Basic Internet service: 3Mbps down and 0.78Mbps Up. Not very fast at all but, when I replaced my older Netgear WNR2000v3 ( has was working but I wasn't happy) with this TP Link, it's like I have new pc and higher internet speed.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Daniel

DanielBrisbane

Great router for the price. Good 2.4/5ghz combo

Simple to set up modem. Quick set up makes it easier (such as choosing from list of Australian ISP's, which preselects various settings for that provider).

Option to setup VPN to work with router is a great little feature.

Only downside is, whilst our phone line is stable, I do like the idea of having an auto rebooting late night/early morning for a resync (as I find it works a bit better). This modem has the feature. But it is not auto rebooting at all, despite all settings being correct.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Flossy

FlossyCanberra

Very reliable

Easy to setup - mater of fact it is preconfigured for a wide selection of aussie ISPs all you need is your ISP username and password.
Seems to handle 12+ devices being connected without any issue.
Good signal.
Had no issues transferring from adsl to nbn FTTN
The device very lightweight not sure if this is a pro or a con

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Service

ServiceDoncaster

Solid family router works well

This is our family home router and it puts in a solid job. The kids give it a pounding and there is usually somebody streaming something. It answers the call very well and apart from getting a bit warm from time to time, works very well. I have only ever occasionally had to reset it and initial set up was fairly straight forward with a little help. Overall a good performer

Date PurchasedSep 2017

FootyM8

FootyM8Balwyn

Reliable router - rearely need to restart

I used to have to restart my old router every second day towards the end - it would look if you even looked at it. This has been a dream run by comparison. Its extremely stable and causes meno issues at all. Initaila set up was not too bad, I have a techie brother so he did most of it. I like it when a product "just works"

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Josh R.

Josh R.Perth

Great pickup!

My home is fairly spacious, and with my old modem I experienced a lot of "black spots" where I had no connection to the Wi-Fi. When I bought this modem, I immediately noticed that the speeds were faster, and I had absolutely no dark spots in my house. I would recommend this modem to anyone with a big house who has problems with range.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Bantam

BantamBatemans Bay

Great product!

This modem never misses a beat. Handles streaming from multiple devices with ease and wifi range is incredible. Never had a dropout as a result of the modem, and the UI is easy to understand when configuring options. I've started recommending TP-Link modems to friends looking for a reliable modem.

Travis

TravisPerth

Average WiFi signal strength

Replaced my old Netgear N600 as the NBN had been switched on and being FTTN connection I needed a VDSL modem which my old modem wasn't. I bought this one hoping to broadcast a stronger signal, the N600 wasn't a high end modem and old with no external antennas so I reasonably expected a better signal strength. Nope. And my devices often loose the connection around the small house and issue I never previously had. I'll be 10 feet away from the WiFi and my iPhone will be using mobile data as it hasn't detected the network! I'm hoping it is a hiberation features or something similar on the TP-Link. Setup was dead simple but performance has been sub par.

Date PurchasedJun 2018