TP-Link Archer VR600 / VR600V

TP-Link Archer VR600 / VR600V

VR600, VR600V (VoIP)

4.1

• Number of Connected Devices 6.833 devices (12)
  • Ease of Setup
  • Wi-Fi Range
  • Reliability

Alex

Great affordable modem + router unit!

This unit is great.
I have switched from the ASUS DSL-AC68U model to the TP-link VR600 due to constant wifi dropouts.
I am really happy with this unit, its been an absolute workhorse, great wifi performance and provides stable NBN connection. I wish I bought this earlier, it would have saved so much frustration.

Great thing about this unit is that it used a Braodcom chipset which is known for its reliability.
Highly recommend this one!

Purchased in June 2020 at eBay for A$156.00.

Number of Connected Devices 4 devices
ISPAussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

Nabeel AzizGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Modem router with NBN FTTC support

Purchased in May 2020 at eBay for A$169.00.

Number of Connected Devices 15 devices
ISPDodo NBN
rezz110

rezz110Melbourne

A really good device for a national disgrace called NBN.

Purchased in April 2020 at Officeworks for A$225.00.

Number of Connected Devices 5 devices
ISPSpintel NBN 25 (Standard 25)

sunny

sunnySidaknee

Decent performance, nice range of features and excellent value

Purchased in February 2020 at Officeworks for A$225.00.

ISPiPrimus ADSL
Peter P

Peter PGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great WiFi modem for ADSL 2+, ready for NBN (I hope)

Purchased at Amazon for A$140.00.

airsolaja

airsolajaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Suggested by a company but not impressed

I don't know if this is the network, provider or NBN system that makes internet today worse then 3 years ago. The company instaling NBN suggested buying TP-Link, and the internet is just so unpredictable, on weekends it is so slow that I do not understand the point of having NBN? The box of the router does not have any hook so I can hook it up on the wall, they assume that I will have a shelf to put it on?

Purchased in April 2019 at eBay for A$300.00.

Number of Connected Devices 1 devices
ModemNetComm 3G29WN2
Kieren A.

Kieren A.Murray Region, NSW

Great range and speed. Reaches the sheds!

What I can I say it was cheap and looks great in the kitchen. Has a fantastic range and well out does any NBN bottleneck with fibre to the node connections.

Purchased at Jaycar Electronics for A$129.00.

Number of Connected Devices 6 devices
ISPAussie Broadband NBN 100 (Family)
Modemthis one!
Tejash

TejashPerth, Western Australia

Excellent and good enough for domestic use (5-6 devices)

My previous modem used to be D Link python which was a great device, however after a year and half, it started getting dropouts frequently for some reason. After going through quite a few attempts and checks with D-link technician over the phone, D-link offered me a refund. I had a chat with Mate communicate service tech who recommended me of TP-Link VR600V after a couple of questions. I bought this router from Officeworks and since then I haven't looked back.

The router is easy to set up with a very few time dropouts so far (barely 2-3 in last six months).

I would rate this router for ease of set up, reliable and affordability. Five stars from me :)

Purchased in February 2019 at Officeworks for A$228.00.

Number of Connected Devices 5 devices
ISPMate NBN 50 (Best Mates)
Shahrin noor

Shahrin noorGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect!

We live in a area where its sometimes hard to get the network but since we got this everything went the best. I even get coverage from little far from my house.

Purchased in July 2019 at Officeworks Physical store for A$250.00.

Number of Connected Devices 6 devices
ISPACN Pacific NBN
ModemTP-Link Archer C7

Aiden P.

Aiden P.

Awesome router with great WiFi performance

Super fast router, great signal throughout the house, great NBN sync speeds, and super cheap ($100 for this?).

Works great on Aussie Broadband FTTN and the ability to turn the lights off is awesome.

Purchased in March 2018 for A$100.00.

Number of Connected Devices 10 devices
ISPAussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus)
ModemTP-Link VR600
Steve

SteveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good enough for NBN

Needed something NBN compliant once it rolled into my area, this was a decent budget unit that does the job. Pretty simple to set up - mostly automated. Aesthetically sleek design and easy enough to find the relevant buttons and ports.
Get dropouts maybe once a month or less, pretty reliable.

Wi-fi range is so-so, I can connect with varying signal strength depending on the range obviously, though I've seen better.
The UI and internal settings could be a lot more involved and expanded sadly, no ability to block individual IP's or certain other tweaks that you may be interested in.

Purchased in March 2018 at eBay for A$106.00.

Number of Connected Devices 7 devices
ISPiiNet NBN 12
ModemD-Link AC1900 Viper DSL-2900AL

Pawan Prasad

Pawan PrasadSydney, NSW

Nice.

Bought this router modem when I was having an issue with the TPG modem which they provided. now all good. it is working perfectly, smoothly. would recommend anyone to buy and try.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$199.00.

Number of Connected Devices 8 devices
umar a.

umar a.

so far so good

i just want to point out buying a new router wont help if the device on the other end have outdated wifi chips and if your isp dont support the speeds your router clams to output then whats the point in Australia really. my provider is LETSBEMATES there really good and with the tp-link i run power line adaptors on my main pc and i get 84 mbps after 6:00pm so far so good

Purchased in May 2019.

Number of Connected Devices 10 devices
ISPMore Telecom NBN
ModemASUS DSL-AC52U
Emer

EmerSydney, NSW

Excellent Router with a good price

Bought this router modem when I was having an issue with the provider supplied model (TPG/Huawei). I was thinking of changing the old modem but unfortunately I will lose my VOIP as I don't have the configuration for this. Instead I use the VR600V in bridge mode and use the old one as a modem only. The quality of the connection did change and much better than Huawei, I would like to use the VR600V as my modem-wi-fi but need to research on how to activate/settings of the VOIP.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Angela vd K

Angela vd KGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A great product!

We signed up with TPG for an NBN package and they supplied us with the TP-Link modem. It is an easy to use product where you literally just plug it in. The support service provided by TPG also made tracking the NBN route easier. I can recommend this if you are looking for an easy to use modem.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

JahannaLeo

JahannaLeoWarrnambool

General average

Bought a period of time, sometimes will be inexplicable drop line, probably a few minutes.
Sometimes a reboot is needed to fix the problem, whether it is a router problem or a carrier problem.
When you go to the room and close the door, the signal is very erratic.
But it's still a good product, at least for most of my time.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Jacqueline

JacquelineLEANYER

It's a good choice.

The surface is relatively smooth, will absorb dust and leave fingerprints traces, and the phone screen like。Quick settings make it easier, the list of ISPs is selected, it pre-selects various settings for that provider.Great WiFi RangeThe 2.4 and 5GHz WiFi series have been improved, the TP Link theter app is great, it's easy to set up and manage the connection easily.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Alannah Hislop

Alannah HislopWadalba

Beautiful Outside But Beautiful Inside!

This not only a beautifully designed router, which saves space and delivers the great benefits promised on online reviews.
Set up was a breeze when I selected "Basic", no hiccups, no problems at all.
Note that I have Comcast/Xfinity Basic Internet service: 3Mbps down and 0.78Mbps Up. Not very fast at all but, when I replaced my older Netgear WNR2000v3 ( has was working but I wasn't happy) with this TP Link, it's like I have new pc and higher internet speed.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Daniel

DanielBrisbane

Great router for the price. Good 2.4/5ghz combo

Simple to set up modem. Quick set up makes it easier (such as choosing from list of Australian ISP's, which preselects various settings for that provider).

Option to setup VPN to work with router is a great little feature.

Only downside is, whilst our phone line is stable, I do like the idea of having an auto rebooting late night/early morning for a resync (as I find it works a bit better). This modem has the feature. But it is not auto rebooting at all, despite all settings being correct.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Flossy

FlossyCanberra

Very reliable

Easy to setup - mater of fact it is preconfigured for a wide selection of aussie ISPs all you need is your ISP username and password.
Seems to handle 12+ devices being connected without any issue.
Good signal.
Had no issues transferring from adsl to nbn FTTN
The device very lightweight not sure if this is a pro or a con

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Prue

Prueasked

VR600V (VoIP)

I need a modem/router for NBN FTTN, home landline, 1 pc connected, one smart tv. What is suitable? I'm with Telstra but have hopeless buffering problems when downloading or streaming on tv.

Nabeel Aziz

This will suit youe needs more than enough. Just don't put it very at the other end of the house. If you don't need the phone support you can buy the non voip version TP-Link VR600

Alex

This modem will be fine for you. As already addressed by others, keep your modem close to your devices as buffering issues can be the result of poor wifi signals.

Mathew Turnerasked

VR600V (VoIP)

Nabeel Aziz this may be the solution to your problem, We noticed that the unit was dropping Internet connectivity on occasion but enabling SRA within the DSL settings fixed that issue. We’re not sure why TP-Link decided to disable SRA by default.

Nabeel Aziz

Oh ok. I could not find this setting. My modem is set on Wireless router mode. NBN is FTTC.

Mathew Turner

yes this bloke is talking fttc fttn and fttp it may help others however.

Allan

Allanasked

Archer VR600 / VR600V

Which is better the TP-Link VR1600V or the TP-Link VR600V?

Alex

Don't have any experience with the vr1600. However, from what I read it's pretty much a VR600 with voip.

Nabeel Aziz

I think VR1600v is an old model and does not have an external antennas. I think vr600v will be better in performance. I have it and it is working really good. See my review of it too.