TP-Link Archer VR600 / VR600V

TP-Link Archer VR600 / VR600V

VR600, VR600V (VoIP)

4.1

• Number of Connected Devices 7.091 devices (11)
  • Ease of Setup
  • Wi-Fi Range
  • Reliability

Nabeel AzizGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Modem router with NBN FTTC support

Purchased in May 2020 at eBay for A$169.00.

Number of Connected Devices 15 devices
ISPDodo NBN
rezz110

rezz110Melbourne

A really good device for a national disgrace called NBN.

Purchased in April 2020 at Officeworks for A$225.00.

Number of Connected Devices 5 devices
ISPSpintel NBN 25 (Standard 25)
sunny

sunnySidaknee

Decent performance, nice range of features and excellent value

Purchased in February 2020 at Officeworks for A$225.00.

ISPiPrimus ADSL

Peter PGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great WiFi modem for ADSL 2+, ready for NBN (I hope)

Purchased at Amazon for A$140.00.

airsolaja

airsolajaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Suggested by a company but not impressed

I don't know if this is the network, provider or NBN system that makes internet today worse then 3 years ago. The company instaling NBN suggested buying TP-Link, and the internet is just so unpredictable, on weekends it is so slow that I do not understand the point of having NBN? The box of the router does not have any hook so I can hook it up on the wall, they assume that I will have a shelf to put it on?

Purchased in April 2019 at eBay for A$300.00.

Number of Connected Devices 1 devices
ModemNetComm 3G29WN2
Kieren A.

Kieren A.Murray Region, NSW

Great range and speed. Reaches the sheds!

What I can I say it was cheap and looks great in the kitchen. Has a fantastic range and well out does any NBN bottleneck with fibre to the node connections.

Purchased at Jaycar Electronics for A$129.00.

Number of Connected Devices 6 devices
ISPAussie Broadband NBN 100 (Family)
Modemthis one!
Tejash

TejashPerth, Western Australia

Excellent and good enough for domestic use (5-6 devices)

My previous modem used to be D Link python which was a great device, however after a year and half, it started getting dropouts frequently for some reason. After going through quite a few attempts and checks with D-link technician over the phone, D-link offered me a refund. I had a chat with Mate communicate service tech who recommended me of TP-Link VR600V after a couple of questions. I bought this router from Officeworks and since then I haven't looked back.

The router is easy to set up with a very few time dropouts so far (barely 2-3 in last six months).

I would rate this router for ease of set up, reliable and affordability. Five stars from me :)

Purchased in February 2019 at Officeworks for A$228.00.

Number of Connected Devices 5 devices
ISPMate NBN 50 (Best Mates)
Shahrin noor

Shahrin noorGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect!

We live in a area where its sometimes hard to get the network but since we got this everything went the best. I even get coverage from little far from my house.

Purchased in July 2019 at Officeworks Physical store for A$250.00.

Number of Connected Devices 6 devices
ISPACN Pacific NBN
ModemTP-Link Archer C7
Aiden P.

Aiden P.

Awesome router with great WiFi performance

Super fast router, great signal throughout the house, great NBN sync speeds, and super cheap ($100 for this?).

Works great on Aussie Broadband FTTN and the ability to turn the lights off is awesome.

Purchased in March 2018 for A$100.00.

Number of Connected Devices 10 devices
ISPAussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus)
ModemTP-Link VR600

Steve

SteveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good enough for NBN

Needed something NBN compliant once it rolled into my area, this was a decent budget unit that does the job. Pretty simple to set up - mostly automated. Aesthetically sleek design and easy enough to find the relevant buttons and ports.
Get dropouts maybe once a month or less, pretty reliable.

Wi-fi range is so-so, I can connect with varying signal strength depending on the range obviously, though I've seen better.
The UI and internal settings could be a lot more involved and expanded sadly, no ability to block individual IP's or certain other tweaks that you may be interested in.

Purchased in March 2018 at eBay for A$106.00.

Number of Connected Devices 7 devices
ISPiiNet NBN 12
ModemD-Link AC1900 Viper DSL-2900AL

Pawan Prasad

Pawan PrasadSydney, NSW

Nice.

Bought this router modem when I was having an issue with the TPG modem which they provided. now all good. it is working perfectly, smoothly. would recommend anyone to buy and try.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$199.00.

Number of Connected Devices 8 devices
umar a.

umar a.

so far so good

i just want to point out buying a new router wont help if the device on the other end have outdated wifi chips and if your isp dont support the speeds your router clams to output then whats the point in Australia really. my provider is LETSBEMATES there really good and with the tp-link i run power line adaptors on my main pc and i get 84 mbps after 6:00pm so far so good

Purchased in May 2019.

Number of Connected Devices 10 devices
ISPMore Telecom NBN
ModemASUS DSL-AC52U
Emer

EmerSydney, NSW

Excellent Router with a good price

Bought this router modem when I was having an issue with the provider supplied model (TPG/Huawei). I was thinking of changing the old modem but unfortunately I will lose my VOIP as I don't have the configuration for this. Instead I use the VR600V in bridge mode and use the old one as a modem only. The quality of the connection did change and much better than Huawei, I would like to use the VR600V as my modem-wi-fi but need to research on how to activate/settings of the VOIP.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Angela vd K

Angela vd KGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A great product!

We signed up with TPG for an NBN package and they supplied us with the TP-Link modem. It is an easy to use product where you literally just plug it in. The support service provided by TPG also made tracking the NBN route easier. I can recommend this if you are looking for an easy to use modem.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
JahannaLeo

JahannaLeoWarrnambool

General average

Bought a period of time, sometimes will be inexplicable drop line, probably a few minutes.
Sometimes a reboot is needed to fix the problem, whether it is a router problem or a carrier problem.
When you go to the room and close the door, the signal is very erratic.
But it's still a good product, at least for most of my time.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Jacqueline

JacquelineLEANYER

It's a good choice.

The surface is relatively smooth, will absorb dust and leave fingerprints traces, and the phone screen like。Quick settings make it easier, the list of ISPs is selected, it pre-selects various settings for that provider.Great WiFi RangeThe 2.4 and 5GHz WiFi series have been improved, the TP Link theter app is great, it's easy to set up and manage the connection easily.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Alannah Hislop

Alannah HislopWadalba

Beautiful Outside But Beautiful Inside!

This not only a beautifully designed router, which saves space and delivers the great benefits promised on online reviews.
Set up was a breeze when I selected "Basic", no hiccups, no problems at all.
Note that I have Comcast/Xfinity Basic Internet service: 3Mbps down and 0.78Mbps Up. Not very fast at all but, when I replaced my older Netgear WNR2000v3 ( has was working but I wasn't happy) with this TP Link, it's like I have new pc and higher internet speed.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Daniel

DanielBrisbane

Great router for the price. Good 2.4/5ghz combo

Simple to set up modem. Quick set up makes it easier (such as choosing from list of Australian ISP's, which preselects various settings for that provider).

Option to setup VPN to work with router is a great little feature.

Only downside is, whilst our phone line is stable, I do like the idea of having an auto rebooting late night/early morning for a resync (as I find it works a bit better). This modem has the feature. But it is not auto rebooting at all, despite all settings being correct.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Flossy

FlossyCanberra

Very reliable

Easy to setup - mater of fact it is preconfigured for a wide selection of aussie ISPs all you need is your ISP username and password.
Seems to handle 12+ devices being connected without any issue.
Good signal.
Had no issues transferring from adsl to nbn FTTN
The device very lightweight not sure if this is a pro or a con

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Service

ServiceDoncaster

Solid family router works well

This is our family home router and it puts in a solid job. The kids give it a pounding and there is usually somebody streaming something. It answers the call very well and apart from getting a bit warm from time to time, works very well. I have only ever occasionally had to reset it and initial set up was fairly straight forward with a little help. Overall a good performer

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Neilasked

Archer VR600 / VR600V

I own the archer vr600v and recently upgraded to wifi nbn so I now use as a router.
My nbn speed is recording as 46 mbs but my main tv that is located 19 metres from router still has occasional buffering on life streaming tv. Will a range extender solve this issue ?

Nabeel Aziz

Does your TV only support 2.4Ghz connection? If it supports 5Ghz try that.

Yes wifi extender can resolve this issue. Put it somewhere in the middle so that it can get and broadcast stronger signal.

But how about you try changing some of the wifi signal values. They are under wireless advanced settings.

Do inform how it goes for you.

Neil

Thanks, my first answer is yes it supports dual bands so I have TV set with 5ghz. Problem with wi fi extender in the middle is there are no powerpoints in the middle?
Can you expand on what you mean by wifi signal values?

Furthermore, and totally appreciate your reply, I have been suggested to use either wifi mesh or wifi on line but I truly wonder if this will help as all speed tests are strong at 46 mbs in any hardware on wifi in any room, including main lounge with tv.

Peter P

Make sure you have downloaded the latest software upgrade for your TV... and, for that matter, the WiFi adapter/modem. Try 5GHz WiFi connection if available, otherwise use a "WiFi Analyzer" app on your mobile phone to check WiFi conditions and move or re-orientate the adapter if necessary. Also select an alternate channel on 2.4GHz as I previously suggested. If the TV is the ONLY DEVICE with reception issues then I'd recommend Ethernet Over Power modules to provide a direct Ethernet connection to your TV.

Bill Lowifi

Bill Lowifiasked

Archer VR600 / VR600V

Hi I have a Belong Router F@ST 4315 (Tekstra NBN) I have a number of black spots in my 1 bedroom apartment. Will the TP-Link Archer VR600 be an excellent replacement as I only use WIFI?
Bill

Peter P

Have you checked the signal using a "WiFi Analyzer" app on your smartphone? If on 2.4GHz* and all your neighbours are using channel 1, try setting your WiFi to 6 or 11. Simply moving the WiFi may also make a difference. Of course if you have 5GHz available try using that. With regards using a VR600, provided you don't need a VOIP phone service (your ISP will need you to use their modem for security reasons) it's a good choice... although I'm still on ADSL 2+ at the moment and bought the VR600V for when I upgrade to the NBN (now delayed due to CV crisis). *remember that lots of things use 2.4GHz and microwaves can interfere with the signal... e.g. the dreaded buffering logo appears on the TV whenever we operate our microwave at full-power!

MR. Omorogbe

MR. Omorogbeasked

VR600

Is Archer VR600 better than VR1600V?

L8r.cloud
L8r.cloud

VR1600V is with voip. If you don't need voip then they are indistinguishable from one another