ASUS RT-AC68U

ASUS RT-AC68U

MPN: RT-AC68U

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

calais

calais

Meh ok

My tplink archer d was broken thanks bro the kids. I was advised how good these were but the WiFi Ain't as good and I find that I'm having to reboot the Asus slot more than the old d9. Has some good features thoe.

ModemASUS AC1900 DSL-AC68U

Anne

Anne

great router

I brought this Asus router after reading online recommendations and haven't regretted it. It's the best router I have owned. It's very reliable, easy to set up and manage and has many great features. The signal strength is strong and easily connects to my devices.

coinlaundry

coinlaundry

Brilliant router, can use with NBN.

If there was one router I had to recommend, it would be this one. It is very reliable, easily the best router I've ever had. It's been active at home for > 4 years and the technology is far from obsolete. Signal quality is great throughout the home. You can also plug in a USB pocket WiFi to use as a backup, which is extremely handy. Configuration is simple and there are plenty of options to customise if you wish. Also had NBN recently installed - this router can handle it without any fuss. Highly recommended.

Brodie

BrodieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great value router

Router is rock solid with advanced features and great wifi strength. Ability to set static addresses easily in the front end and rename devices is very useful for IoT enabled homes. I have ~25-30 devices connected simultaneously and it works 100% without issue.

Purchased in March 2019.

Pottering11Perth, WA

Fantastic Router for FTTP NBN

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Not working out of the box, very frustrating experience

Hi I have wasted 3 hours today attempting to get this router to work, to no avail. I have set up 5-6 routers in the past with no dramas - but this one just didn't work. I haven't been able to access the router setup page. I have tried by Lan cable connection only for window 10 not to connect and wireless. It connected for about 10 minutes only and was able to look at the settings page, only for it to drop out again. Maybe I just bought a dud, but taking back to the shop tomorrow for a refund.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Bailey

Baileyperth

Good router

it meets the needs of a large family with lots of devices. I am always very satisfied with the connection. Our family of seven barely ever gets drop outs, almost never. This modem is very simple to set up and manage, just put it on the bench and get wifi.

Date PurchasedJul 2011

Agger

AggerMelbourne

Great router

great asus router used to own a tp link router but it was too slow and cutting out all the time
but when we got this router everything is flying now soo happy what we purchased
This unit works well for us, from one end of the house to the other as well as our downstairs garage and well into our rear yard.
The router was easy to configure. The Asus interface is excellent and user friendly too.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
GSN

GSNMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Did all our research to find correct one - very happy

NBN rolled out to our street and started looking to find appropriate modem / router. Did all our research to find appropriate one. Finalised with this and purchased one. Had initial struggle with updating firmware, once followed the step in their website it is not that hard to update.

Always connected with 5+ devices and excellent range.

Very happy with this equipment.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Merlot65

Merlot65moorabin

Awesome family router

This meets the needs of a growing large family house easily. We often have multiple people streaming Netflix or similar movies without a problem. The router never acts up, it just does its thuing and always works. Initial set up was done by a tech savvy family member and I cant think of any major problems with it, just reset it occasionally. Works very well

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Seagul1

Seagul1Melbourne

Solid performance for over a year

Virtually never need to restart this modem - its as solid a s rock and has reach right to every room on the house. Often have three people streaming Netflix simultaneously no problems at all. Initial set up was easy although I had to Google a few terms Good overall experience and I would definitely get the same model again. I think Ausus are just getting better and better

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Hardwood

HardwoodChadstone

Excellent experience with this router

This was a real breath of relief after my ancient Netgear that would collapse if you looked at it funny. I have reach in every room of the house and seriously good speeds. Set up was relatively painless although it took my a while to configure it. Never drops out - I just dont have to think about it. Good device

Date PurchasedDec 2017

jaysblueausAU

Best router that my partner and I have ever owned

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Pete n Rete

Pete n ReteMelbourne

Fast & Stable

We got this Asus router after having problems with our old D-Link N300 which kept dropping out and was quite slow. The Asus RT-AC 68U router has doubled our internet speed, is very stable with good coverage. We haven’t had any problems with the internet or the router since we installed it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Dina

DinaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not great

I got this modem when I purchased a 24 month contract with spintel and the modem arrived it's not a great quality and the internet seems so slow from it it was easy to set up but not happy with it not worth 149 I wish they provided better modems with better functions

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Naoki D

Naoki DAU

Keeps disconnecting.

This may be a ISP problem and not a router problem but this router always disconnects for me. This is after deciding to spend lots of money on a quality router because the cheap one I got had the same problem. Only reason I don't rule out out completely as an ISP problem is because the first ever router I got for joining my ISP was very cheap and didn't have any of these problems until it stopped working. It's a shame because this router is very good for gamers and has all the features you would need to play games at a stable ping.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Jason

JasonPerth

Very Stable Modem, great wireless

Purchased this modem for replacement to DSL604T. This new Asus is much more stable without dropouts even when pushing it hard (opening folder of 10 pages simultaneously). Price is on the expensive side but well worth the investment.

Installation was very easy and intuitive, nice interface.
Wireless is very good and reaches all around my house (modem located in office which is central to the house)
Easily reaches my Solar inverter on the outside back wall of house.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Adam

Adam

Solid router with plenty of features

I purchased this router after online forums were raving about how good it was. It has not disappointed me. I am using it for home internet, home automation with numerous iot devices and media steaming. The devices struggle before the router does. The interface is user friendly compared to a lot of other routers. My only complaint is that I can't get the router to share my hard drive consistently. Ideally I'd like to use the onboard media server by plugging a hdd into one of the usb ports. I've tried this, set it all up and got it working but it keeps disconnecting. I think maybe the hard drive goes to sleep in some sort of power saving mode and it isn't recognised but I've spent enough time trying to get it working properly.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Evelyn

EvelynGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Works very well in our modern apartment

I have been using this in our newer style modern apartment and it works perfectly
Now we have moved to an older property it’s obsolete because we have a modem router.
Depending on individual needs it’s actually a good router does all the basic what’s a router is needed for.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

puddingoz

puddingozGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best router I've owned so far

Purchased in April 2018.