Bio-Oil

Bio-Oil

Pros

• Treats a variety of conditions

• Vegan and cruelty free

• Found in most supermarkets and chemists

Cons

• Triggered allergic reactions for some reviewers

Elle L.

Elle L.Sydney, NSW

Less is More!

Have been using this product for all 3 pregnancies, found that it helped nourish the skin be reducing new stretch marks. Don't forget elbows and knees! I like to use just enough and add a barrier cream on top to lock it in. For me i don't recommend it on the face, my face got irritated.

Purchased in March 2021 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store.

Lynda B

Lynda BSydney, NSW

Bio Oil

I agree with the positive remarks on this product.
Cannot track any certain use, however have been using this for all the things they state. Had noticeably cleared up deep cuts on my son.
The ignorant person who says they try to emulate a gel is wrong, they don’t! Bio OIL. Grow a brain

Purchased in November 2020 for $30.00.

Before and after picture 6weeks apart

These photos are just six weeks apart. I can’t recommend Bio oil enough. Amazing. Highly recommend. My scars are fading rapidly and have healed so fast.I also put bio oil in the bath for super soft skin . 5 star rating

Purchased in September 2020.

RedPenVandal

RedPenVandalCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Not a single stretch mark!

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $25.00.

Mz Zombie

Mz ZombieQueensland

It tries to be gel, but fails miserably.

Bought this due to its Urea content and it's supposed 'Gel' consistency.
On initial inspection it looks kind of like gel until I dipped my finger in, and there was an entire layer of oil, so I pushed deeper and the 'gel' was just more oil, I don't know how something can look somewhat like gel but feel so very greasy.

Purchased in August 2020 at Priceline for $14.99.

THTm

THTmSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not a gel at all

Purchased the bio oil gel. It is just the oil in a jar no gel consistency AT ALL. Waste of money. Not A soothing Product at all. Not suited for sensitive skin either

Purchased in August 2020 at Priceline for $12.00.

f.c.w

f.c.wGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I got rashes, allergy and eczema

I am 15 weeks pregnant and i used this bio oil for a week I then got rashs breaks out. the rashes covered all the skin where i applied the bio oil. Now my whole upper front body are covered with rash. I have to take medicine n cream to calm my skin.

Purchased in June 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for $20.00.

irene

ireneSydney, NSW

Great product

I had a brown spot on forehead for years and it would get raised and crusty. I started using bio oil for my face, the brown spot disappeared and any redness/dryness around my nose disappeared.

Purchased in January 2019 at Chemist Outlet.

Tayla Dee

Tayla DeeCentral Queensland, QLD

Worked wonders

I used bio oil a couple of years ago when it first came out, I had some really bad scars/scabs all over my legs from excessive itching.. brought bio oil and within 3-6 months they had gone. Really was a life saver and I currently use it while pregnant to prevent stretch marks around my tummy and haven't had any new marks. Great product!

Purchased in May 2020.

Sam

SamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love bio oil - currently using roaccutane

I am currently on roacutane so you can imagine how dry and sensitive my skin is. I use this on my face at night time after my moisturiser. It really helps and I would recommend. I do struggle to find products that I can use on my sensitive and easily reactive skin and bio oil is a must!

Purchased in January 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $24.00.

Gemma E.

Gemma E.South East Queensland, QLD

if i could give no stars i would

within a hour of putting the bio oil gel for face!!! on my face i had a horrible reaction i now have sore skin around my eyes and cheeks, it says its safe for your face but i've read a lot of reviews saying the ingredients is bad for your face especially if you have sensitive skin and it was dry skin not open wounds or scars so for it to react this badly! I only had it on for an hour and my face felt hot and itchy i took it off and applied a cold compress but it stayed raised for days on day 3 now. not happy. i've taken piritol just in case its a allergy but my skin is still sore and hot to the touch.
will not be purchasing again.

Purchased in March 2020 at boots for $6.00.

Not much change

Applied it since a cut healed for 6 months and counting. I still have pretty obvious cut scar and it has not faded at all. Not sure this did anything

Purchased in July 2019 for $25.00.

Woot

Woot

No good for scars.

Have used for 3 months on a large new scar and it didn't change appearance at all. I may have well just dabbed water on it for the same result.

Purchased in September 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $24.00.

Bio-oil Rash

I started using Bio-oil, to help with surgical scars, about 3 weeks ago. Woke up this morning with large, itchy hives. Do not use if you have sensitive skin, or are prone to allergies.

Purchased in December 2019 for $24.00.

bio oil

.I ran out of shave oil so tried whether bio oil would be OK. It was excellent and left my skin soft and pliable, even mores after I applied more bio oils an aftershave.I found the same good effects when I used the oil to shave my dick and balls, which can be a problematical area.

Skin TypeNormal Skin
Causes IrritationNo

Find out how Bio-Oil compares to other Pregnancy & Postnatal Skin Care Products

If you're skin is SENSITIVE & dry, dont use this!!!

2 days after using bio oil on my face I woke up to my face being red, swollen & burnt from the middle of my nose down. I had lumps on each side of my nose from the crease onto my cheek. It hurt so bad even applying a warm or cool cloth hurt. I applied moisturizer as much as possible all day for day 3 & on day 4 my skin looked like a snake does when shedding their skin!! Big patches were peeling off my face!! I'm on day 7 now & the peeling is almost gone but it's still sore. There are A LOT of chemicals in this stuff that cause damage. I have really dry skin & was looking for a solution. Bio oil made it so much worse. Be careful.

Purchased in December 2019 at Amazon for $9.99.

sarah

sarahMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The best!

I love bio oil honestly its the best i got terrible stretch marks through pregnancy as i gained 60 kg and 12 weeks pp there already dissapearing, ive began using it all over my body and face and i have a glowing tan and even completion. Anyone who doesnt like bio oil probably has crap/too far damaged skin to begin with, there's not much on the market at this price and chemist available that works so im very happy.

Purchased in January 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $30.00.

Sharon

SharonMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Can't believe how great it is

Not only has it fixed my dry skin on my face it's also made my wrinkles dissapeared. I have received alot of compliments on my skin lately which is wonderful considering my skin is usually red and dry.

Purchased in September 2019 at Amcal.

LISA

LISA

Expect better

The product is OK. It works but the results are super slow. I apply it like 3-4 times a day and I use ALOT of product in one day but still I only see the smallest results. I also leave it on my uneven skin tone overnight and I see the smallest results. I recommend this if you are patient. But I think this product is better than ALOT of products solt so I recommend this.

Purchased in May 2018 at BIGW for $15.00.

Sue b

Sue bMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best product that helped my dry upper arm skin

After trying many moisturisers for my upper arms near my biceps this is my saviour. I am petite and in my early 60s . As a result of menopause my skin had dried out even though I participate in gym classes the skin was sagging badly.
I noticed an immediate change and now use it morning and night and the results are fantastic. I can now wear sleeveless tops again with confidence.

Purchased in June 2019 at Pricelinepharmacy for $12.00.

Florence

Florence asked

Can I use bio oil and palmer skin success together?

Lara C

Lara Casked

Can I mix bio oil with my aveeno baby?

annie a.

annie a.asked

Can a bio oil good for bed bug on hand?

Features:

• This oil is made up of botanical extracts, such as lavender and rosemary oil, and vitamins such as vitamin A and vitamin E
  • Bio-oil can be used to treat stretch marks, scars, uneven skin tone, effects of ageing, and dehydrated skin
  • Safe to use during pregnancy, teenage growth spurts, and rapid weight gain, and can be applied on the face or body
  • This product is vegan and cruelty-free as it’s not derived from animal products or tested on animals
  • Available in 60ml, 125ml and 200ml bottles, and is easily accessible - can be found in major supermarkets and chemist chains

What reviewers thought about this product:

• Bio-oil has benefited many reviewers, but overall, responses to this product have been mixed.
  • When applied consistently over a long period (usually around 3-6 months), many reviewers have been able to remove scars and spots that have been around for years.
  • Reviewers reported that using this oil has left their skin feeling soft and supple.
  • Upon further investigation, it appears as though most of the negative reviews this product centres around people experiencing some kind of reaction from this product, whether it was developing a rash or itch. It’s important to note that different products will affect people differently, and some people may be unaware of allergies that they might have.
CategoryPregnancy & Postnatal Skin Care Products and Serums & Oils