Bio-Oil

Bio-Oil

See the Best Serums & Oils in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Sharon

SharonMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Can't believe how great it is

Not only has it fixed my dry skin on my face it's also made my wrinkles dissapeared. I have received alot of compliments on my skin lately which is wonderful considering my skin is usually red and dry.

Purchased in September 2019 at Amcal.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation No
Skin TypeSensitive Skin

LISA

LISA

Expect better

The product is OK. It works but the results are super slow. I apply it like 3-4 times a day and I use ALOT of product in one day but still I only see the smallest results. I also leave it on my uneven skin tone overnight and I see the smallest results. I recommend this if you are patient. But I think this product is better than ALOT of products solt so I recommend this.

Purchased in May 2018 at BIGW for $15.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation No
Skin TypeCombination Skin
Sue b

Sue bMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best product that helped my dry upper arm skin

After trying many moisturisers for my upper arms near my biceps this is my saviour. I am petite and in my early 60s . As a result of menopause my skin had dried out even though I participate in gym classes the skin was sagging badly.
I noticed an immediate change and now use it morning and night and the results are fantastic. I can now wear sleeveless tops again with confidence.

Purchased in June 2019 at Pricelinepharmacy for $12.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation No
Gemma

GemmaPerth

Bio oil dry skin gel

This review is for the bio oil dry skin gel only. I am in my 30s and have always had very dry skin (never been prone to pimples, even in teenage years). I used this product to alleviate dry skin and it has clogged my pores and resulted in blind pimples forming. May continue to use on arms etc but do not use on face!! Disappointing as it was promoted as safe for use on face

Forget Boost

Forget BoostVictoria

Too greasy

I didn't like this product. It's very greasy and you need a lot of it so it works out expensive. Neo strata is a much better product. I wasted my money.

Purchased in August 2019 at FoodWorks.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation No

clarity

clarityGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don’t expect miracles.

Did nothing to improve my stretch marks or scars but it did leave my skin soft and it has a nice fragrance. I personally find it too oily so I now use it the day after waxing or shaving for a longer smooth feeling.

Purchased in January 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $21.49.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation No
Skin TypeSensitive Skin

CyberKingKongCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great result for only consistent and regular usage

I bought a 125 ml bottle and have been using this oil twice a day from top to toe (on my face, too). After regular using for 24 days in a row, I haven't seen any change of my little scars yet, but I definitely can see the improvement of my skin tone. Skin in winter time was so dry, flaky and itchy last year. This year my skin is softer and looks much healthier. I don't have any breakout on my facial skin after using this oil. It looks much more even and slightly radiant. I don't have any allergic reaction even though I have a sensitive skin.

Pricewise this oil would hurt your wallet a bit but for the quality I absolutely love the results.

Purchased in June 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for $22.99.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation No

Jess

Jess

Great for scars and stretchmarks

Fairly expensive but lasts ages, product left a small amount of oily residue but completely worth it when you look at the benefits. Love the smell and can see it working on small scars and stretchmarks within six weeks. (with everyday use)

Purchased in April 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $17.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation No
Sarah Dean

Sarah DeanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disappointed

I had dermatitis within a few days of using the product. This is disappointing give its reputation. The product does state it is good for all skin types, which is not the case, should have had a better outcome given there are cheaper products in the market.

Purchased in May 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $30.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
Ayla

AylaPerth, WA

Not my cup of tea.

My sister and I both tried it, she breaks out often and I rarely get pimples unless I'm menstruating although I have some scars if like to get rid of. One week into this and I was getting spots all over my face, another week in and it became pimples all over instead and my sisters acne has become worse thus far, after switching back to our old skin care routine the breakouts seemed to stop for both of us. Im really disappointed in this product, it doesn't live up to its good reviews, I dont recommend it.

Purchased in April 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $11.99.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes

bubblebee_123

bubblebee_123Perth, WA

I like it!

Feels nice on the skin. I really like it for after the shower. Great for winter to rehydrate the skin too. Good price point and easy to find a stockist.

Purchased in September 2012.

Great results on dull skin

I have been using bio oil 2 times a day for tree
Month now and I see major improvements on my skin. I have a lot of pigmentation on my face and also very dry skin. I dont know if I can say de pigmentation is gone but my face looks soo much better!! In general. And befor this I had tried very expensive products and non had worked! So I’m more tha pleased!

Sophie

SophieMelbourne

Seriously allergy, itchy rashes during pregnancy

Sandra B

Sandra BAU

Bio oil help

This works on new sutures or scars. Use a small amount to make sure you don't get a rash. I use on my skin and its sensitive. Totally recommend this awesome bio oil. Doesn't clog pores. Very light weight. Not real expensive. Buy the original bio oil. Love it. Awesome oil to fade scars or stretch marks.

Doesn't work like the ads say

You need to show women and men (Priceline Ad) with stretch marks, before and after, not women with perfect flat smooth stomachs. Your own site says bio oil will never remove them, why show something that cannot be achieved by using your product. More transparent advertising is definitely needed here

jord

jordHunter Region, NSW

Perfect!

Have used bio oil for many years now, great forbest skin. It was always recommended by my tattooist to use bio-oil, it actually heaps with healing and gives the ink a better chance of sinking in nicely...I now rub bio-oil into my tattoos and they look awesome and bright. I had some horrible scars on my arms, used this stuff for years, didn’t totally make them go away but took the redness from them. Great product, you only need small amounts so the bottles last long time.

Potjing

PotjingSydney, NSW

Bio-oil perfect from head to toe

I’m undergoing chemo and need to take extra care of my skin. Since I have incorporated this in my daily routine, I see and feel noticeable improvement with the elasticity and clarity of my skin. I don’t think I’ll return to just moisturiser when I can use this all on its own. Of course, don’t forget your sunscreen if you’re going out in the sun.

10/10 for uneven skin tone

Very happy with the product..I've used it for a few weeks now... I apply it twice a day to help with hyper pigmentation on my chin and already a huge noticeable difference, it's lightened the area. I can't believe I didn't try it sooner... I recommend it for sure its worth trying..

Elisha

ElishaCwmbran

This is perfect!!!

Absolutely amazing! Been using it only a few weeks and the scars I have on my arm have faded so well, considering they are old scars.will of course continue using.Would definitely recommend 10/10. massaging it in thoroughly helps to speed up the process. Adding moisturiser after also helps for sure.

apple

appletumut

Not a good product

Purchased Bio -oil for post.op scars on my stomach.
Have been using it for four months and have seen absolutely no benefit or change.
I used it on the back of my hands for the same amount of time and it made my skin go scaley and horrible and itch. ..
Wouldnt recommend this product at all.q

Clive M.

Clive M.asked

Can you mix bio oil with Caro white?

CyberKingKong

Hi Clive, I don't mix bio-oil with anything. I simply apply bio-oil in the morning and before bed. I do believe that Caro White is kind of bleach or skin lightening lotion. I suggested that if you are expecting only smooth skin, healthy skin tone and less scar, bio-oil is perfect for it. Please keep applying regularly particularly on the drying spots (elbows and knees)

Shaan A.

Shaan A.asked

I have been using this oil for two months this oil does nothing at all totally a waste of money, ZERO results. I don't recommend to use it.

Traceyasked

I had an abdominal hysterectomy 12 days ago is it safe to rub bio oil on my healing scar

Vanessa

Wait 12 mths. That scar is tender and needs to heal. Tracy u know what makes me angry. Everything is such a rush with women. After I had my son I stayed obese for 2 years. No rushing to the gym. I always advocate to women to love the skin they are in

Ok

Vanessa

Thankyou 4 saying ok . Women and people behind them usually BAIT me . U know try and get a reaction from me . Ive now learnt in life only advise people who want your help . 4 the others keep my mouth shut. I hope your healing is quick and pain free . God Bless

CategoryPregnancy & Postnatal Skin Care and Serums & Oils