23V8F, 94E9T
See the Best Steam Mops & Hard Floor Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bissell? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Caza
CazaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Waste of good money

Total waste of money. I agree with other reviews. More water is left on floor rather than a good steam clean like other products I've used. Poor CS. Tried to get a single mop pad rather than the scrubby one which is of NO use on my floors only to be declined. I would have to buy the 2 pack including scrubby mop. This was after 3 calls . I would never buy Bissell again. Good money spent up in smoke or is it steam ??

Purchased in February 2021 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $309.00.

touchy
touchyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

crap item

its crap last 2 years you get what you pay for.the inters dont seem to last long.i require my money back from them.and the cleaning pads are so expensive as well

Purchased at Betta Home Living for $169.00.

weerakrishan1
weerakrishan1Melbourne

Don't waste your hard earn money

I bought this a few months ago from Godfreys. I have passed cheap $40-50 and purchased this thinking that the paying triple the price would give me a better product. I was wrong! It left a lot of water on the floor which I always had to turn on the heater on full to dry the floor and in somedays use an old towel to wipe some areas. Funny enough the water container got stuck and had to put a lot of pressure to release it from the body but only succeeded after breaking the neck of the container. No spare parts available now due to Covid situation. So now I have a broken mop purchased on the highest bid from the market and use the mop and bucket now.
So think twice before buying this product. God bless you all!

Purchased at Godfreys for $149.00.

Kim in AustraliaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nearly perfect but....

Purchased for $160.00.

Steam Mops & Hard Floor Cleaners

Find out how Bissell Steam Mop Select compares to other Steam Mops & Hard Floor Cleaners

Monica6753
Monica6753Pilbara, WA

I like it

I really like this mop, the cord is a bit short and I have to refill the tank twice to do the whole house but it gets all the stains off easily

Purchased in March 2020 at Catch for $257.00.

NannyJoan
NannyJoanSouth East Queensland, QLD

2nd to fail the same way

This is the 2nd steam mop (exact same style) and both have failed the same way. Steam coming out the side of the machine. I do like the steam mop but I am frustrated that this has happened yet again.

So disappointed! It broke after only a few utilisations, and they don’t sell the broken parts (water tank)!Never Bissell

2 times for a 2 rooms appartement
It was almost dry, pretty powerful
2 times/cleaning. It broke really fast, didn’t get the chance to buy second pads
Yes, the cord is long enough

Purchased in March 2018 for $250.00.

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Disappointed
DisappointedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Product Quality in recent production

Three in a ROW have failed the same way, steam out of the side and just a small amount out through the base where it should be coming out. Distilled water only. We have used this product successfully in two Motels for years and now there seems to be a quality issue with this model.

Purchased in January 2019 for $120.00.

Floor Type Tiles

Terrible to use

Find it hard to push on floor, the floor is not left dry after use I have to use a cloth to dry floor. Cord is not nearly long enough and it is noisy I wish I had bought a VAX.... And should have read these reviews before I purchased one.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Melimc
MelimcMelbourne

Crap product, don’t waste your money!

After having my Bissell Steam Mop replaced under warranty in October 2017 as it shorted out whilst mopping my floors, exactly the same thing had happened 12 months on. Would not recommend buying a Bissell product as they only provide a 12 month warranty on the original purchase. Do not waste your money.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Kishkabibbles
KishkabibblesPatterson

It worked great up until...

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Mel E.
Mel E.Perth

Excellent Mop!

Bissell 23V8F Steam Mop Select has excellent cleaning power. It was light and easy to maneuver. I haven't change the pads yet so I can't make a comment on that one. The annoying thing is you have to press button all the time if you want steam. I find the power cord too short as well.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Maggle
MaggleEden

Love it

Easy to use, fast heat up. Cleans tiles and wood floors beautifully. Love that you dont need chemicals to get floors so clean. Price is excellent. Comes with scrubbing pad and normal both machine washable. Decent size cord and triangular shaped head allows to get in corners and hard to reach places. Fairly light making it easy to maneuver.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Alan F.
Alan F.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Does a Great Job

We've had other Steam Mops and found this Bissell Steam Mop Select more convenient to use. We use it on Tile and Hard Wood floors and happy with the cleaning power. The steam dries quickly without leaving pools of water.
Our home is a small 3 bedroom and can clean all the floors with ONE tank of water. The Pads wash easily.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Disappointed

Rubbish - after using the steam mop on my tile floor it is so badly watermarked VERY disappointed this product, after mop the floor look more dirty then before mop what can i do I replace pads twice during cleaning, but this makes no difference at all. Get down on my hands and knees and polish floor with dry towel after steaming to try to make the floor look good. Cost the money for nothing.

Date PurchasedSept 2017

Devilasked
Steam Mop Select

Can anyone PLEASE tell me the size of the mop pads? A few other brands I've looked at lately have got bigger which I don't want. Thanks

Kim in Australia

29cm x 23cm triangle (this is the part of the mop pad that actually touches the floor. The overall size is slightly larger but it just covers the hard pad of the mop itself. It's quite small and very easy to use. Good luck.

Margaretasked
Steam Mop Select

I have a bissell steam mop select, plugged it in the blue light is coming on, but no water is coming out via the bottom(the area to steam or mop) can you tell me what's the problem?

BingoBingo

The steam is activated upon pressing the trigger in the handle. If it's the first use of the mop, ensure you have primed the machine by holding the trigger down for one minute consecutively until the steam starts being generated at the floorhead of the unit. From then on with future uses the steam will immediately start once unit is heated and ready with the trigger being pressed. If still having issues, contact Bissell customer care on 1300-247-735

Margaret

It's not the first use, I accustom using, but now the water is not seem to be coming through to the mop area on the floor, and the blue light is on

BingoBingo

Check if you can hear the pump of the machine working when pressing the trigger with the water container removed from the unit. If there is no 'knocking or clicking' sound from the pump, then it may be faulty or the handle may need to be reinserted into position. Best to contact Bissell customer care who are based in Melbourne on 1300-247-735 or emailing consumercareau@bissell.com

Lorraine M.
Lorraine M.asked
Steam Mop Select 23V8F

Can anyone recommend a good steam mop that is not priced out of this earth! I have a very small area to clean.

See all Bissell Steam Mop Select questions