BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S Dual Camera

DR650GW-2CH, DR650S-2CH, D650S-TR-IR-16

Sam

SamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Problems Galore

Purchased in September 2016 at Daschcams Australia for $549.00.

Readable Number PlatesYes
Car Modelcx5
Night-Time Video Quality

Unlucky

UnluckySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great when it worked

My dash cam was purchased and installed by a reputable dealer just over two years ago. It has been replaced because it kept restarting and the replacement unit was repaired under warranty because the internal power in the front camera was faulty. The dealer has sent it off again today because the front camera won't power up. I'm very disappointed- I was assured this was a very good brand and I seem to have had nothing but trouble with it. I drive approximately 1000 kms a week and need a good, reliable unit for peace of mind on the road.

Purchased in June 2017 at Sound in Motion for $880.00.

Readable Number PlatesNo
Car ModelMazda CX-3 DK Akari AWD, 1.8L Diesel, Automatic
Battery Life
Blackvue 650S 2ch LEMON

Blackvue 650S 2ch LEMONSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst Camera Ever

Purchased in August 2017 at No Limit Audio Melbourne for $900.00.

Readable Number PlatesYes
Car ModelToyota Hilux
Audio Quality
Night-Time Video Quality
Battery Life

Upset AussieChisholm NSW

Only Dash cam to Have

Needed to be hard wired but well worth the effort. So impressed will keep it for whatever car i drive even though costly to have hardwired. Havent needed to update software after 2 years of wear. Costly to buy but so much better than cheaper dash cams. Before buying a dashcam its worthwhile doing the research. This product is worth the money.....

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Thanks very much for your review :) If you ever considering upgrading your system, then please get in touch with us so we can help you out.
Thanks again,
Tom.
Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd

Its working fine thanks

Avoid

Hi Brendon,
Just touching base to see if you have had any joy resolving the problems you were experiencing? Our support team haven't heard from you, feel free to get in touch if you would like any help.
James

Beachman

BeachmanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Avoid this unit.

The dash cam worked very well for a while then stopped working without any warning. Changing the SD card, rebooting, downloading and installing firmware are all complicated and time consuming. Theres a constant “invalid settings” warning. I’ll be looking to get my money back and get a more reliable dash cam.

Vincent23Sydney, NSW

Expensive Popular Camera and Pretty Reliable

ALL THE SEARCHES SHOW THAT THE REAR CAMERA IS TERRIBLE

I have a fleet of cars, and one Blackvue 650 2 ch, nothing but issues from day on, cable to rear renewed, rear camera stopped no power now, multiple issues with the upgrades, and cloud etc,
I think the rear camera is better than the front on video, but it never works, so thats in the bin.
No more Blackvue for me.

Not worth the money

Purchased this unit 18 months ago. Had it fitted by an auto electrician complete with the power magic pro. This unit worked well for the first 6 months but then came daily issues, ranging from, loss of audio, no recordings, turning on and off at random times. Seriously every couple of weeks something would go wrong. I contacted blackvue support and with there assistance via email over a 6 month period, it was diagnosed as having a broken NAND memory??
Anyhow since it was outside the warranty period they were not prepared to fix it at there cost.
Not happy with the product, will be removing and throwing in the bin over the weekend.
Save your money.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Customer Service from Autoblackbox WA (Aust Supplier)

Sibron

SibronPerth, WA

Good, but not cheap

Not happy

I purchased the 650GW 2ch some time ago. I was fine for about 13 months then the SD card problem started. I tried various SD cards including the one from Blackvue. I kept getting the "Please check the SD card" message. I'd re format the card once a week and kept getting the error message. I disconnected the rear camera and the problem stopped. I payed for a 2ch dash cam but I've ended up with a 1 channel cam. Never again will i buy a Blackvue dash cam.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

motion sensor warnings are flooding in post firmware upgrade

Hi,

Today I upgraded the firmware of my dashcam.

Post the upgrade, the sensor warnings are flooding in despite the fact that I have put the impact sensor to 20. I have tried multiple numbers ranging from 20 to 100 and not seen a change. Surely I can't set it to too low so wonder what the ideal number.

Has anyone seen this issue?

regards,
JB

Can’t trust this camera, I purchased it to safe guard any claims against me in an accident. It has f

How many words does it take to let you know that I feel very dissatisfied with the purchase of this unreliable dash cam, I thought I was buying the best but maybe a cheap one would have served better. It is obviously a bad unit as you have discontinued it that’s the best thing for it.

Eric
Eric
Lidia

LidiaSydney

Best dash cam and best customer care

Perfect tools

I have this due camera for more than 2 years, and it's still perfect. I have installed 64gb as card in it and I have no issues at all.
Highly recommended. Rear and front camera. It's has nice options and I can use it with clouds as well.
All good
Thanks.

Hi Adel,
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Really glad to hear how happy you are with it :)
Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

John

JohnAdelaide

Piece of mind

Bought it 2 years ago for my new 4x4, really good quality and pay what you get for.
Tucks well behind the rear view mirror.
Only problem with it, it’s slow for download a video and SD card is too low at 16gb (2hrs usage before it rewrite over), Would love to have a 64 or 128gb.

CazRAU

The most irritating distracting unintelligible voice ever

CazR

I did contact BlackVue Australia and that was where I was given the suggestion to turn the volume off. I have had the installer check it and replaced it with another one- just the same. Will try and message you later today.

CherieSydney

Won't power up after upgrade to v1.008

Installed with Power Magic Pro. Worked perfectly until I upgraded the firmware to v1.008. It started continually powered on and off by itself when I was driving for a whole day, and it didn't power up at all the next day. Does the firmware v1.008 has a big issue? Because I saw your website released a newer firmware v1.009 immediately. But as I can't power up the unit I can't upgrade it to the latest version. Very disappointed as I just used it for two weeks.

Cherie

I got this resolved by reinstalling the camera and power magic pro and I installed the latest firmware by copying the files to the sd card. Now it works fine. Hope this could help people who have similar problem.

Pete58

Pete58Melbourne

Best Dashcan

After doing a lot of research I bought this dashcam about 18months ago (and talked my 2 sons into buying one) prior to driving to central Australia. Recorded and downloaded the whole driving as i also bought additional 128gb sd cards.. Went back this year and whilst in Alice Springs it kept rebooting. As i was taking it out of cradle dashcam fell onto centre console and stopped working. Would like to get it repaired or if too expensive happy to buy updated version where i can still use the same rear camera. Just need to know if there is any repair centre in Melbourne that can give me a quote for repairs. Thanks Pete M

See all BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S reviews

Ben W

Ben Wasked

After an incident last night, I removed 64gb sd card to review files. Only files found on the card were from a few months ago and it seems no new files are available to view. My cameras are set to record constantly inc parking mode using the power magic pro.
The SD card was purchased recently from Ebay advertised as 'genuine blackvue' and from an Australian seller.
Is this likely to be an SD card issue or something else?

Hello Ben,
We're very sorry to hear that this has happened. From what you have described, it does sound like the mSD card is corrupt and will need replacing. May I suggest contacting our support team via email; sales@blackvue.com.au
They will be able to further assist you with this matter.
Tom.
BlackVue Australia.

Mohammad

Mohammadasked

Hi I want to know why front camera footage don’t show on recording? all lights on all settings good I can not see live view front camera Thanks

Hi Mohammad,
This could be for a number of reasons, the most common would be the SD card has become corrupted.
The easiest way to resolve the issue would be to contact our support team so they can facilitate some diagnostics and provide a suitable solution.
Feel free to call Mon-Fri 9.00-5.00 AWST
Best Regards
BlackVue Australia
08 6267 5167

Tan H.

Tan H.asked

My front camera when view on my smartphone. Show rainbow colour. Rear view working. Any ideas?

ANGRY MUCH
ANGRY MUCH

Have you tried slightly point it down while you're on view with your phone and see if there is still rainbow. It could be the sun reflecting on your window, if you still see rainbow could be your lense. If it is in warranty get in contact who you got it from and send it back.

Hi Tan,
Thanks for your question.
As others have previously stated, you can try re orientating the camera to reduce the direct sun exposure, however if this doesn't have the required effect you are welcome to contact the BlackVue support team. We may be able to offer a repair option even if the camera is out of warranty.
Feel free to get in touch 9-5 Mon-Fri AWST
BlackVue Australia
08 9267 5167

Get an answer from our members and BlackVue representatives