BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S Dual Camera

BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S Dual Camera

DR650S-2CH, DR650GW-2CH and D650S-TR-IR-16

Worst Camera Ever

This is the worst dashcam ever owned and was not cheap. Had owned 5 different brands over the years so far.
This is the 650S 2 Channel hardwired into car with Blackbox kit by professional installer who sold the entire system to us. The unit after around 4 weeks of use continually says "Blackvue for your safety, restarting normal recording" The SD card is then not able to be formatted.
It has been back 6 times to Blackvue in Perth who have always promptly under warranty kept replacing parts and modules and SD cards. Now it is doing it again while still under warranty. The GPS has stopped recording speed again. The single camera version of the same model in another car has never been a problem.
We have asked for it to be replaced by a different model but were declined . Retailer keeps sending us back to Blackbox.
Very dissapointed

Purchased in August 2017 at No Limit Audio Melbourne for $900.00.

Readable Number PlatesYes
Car ModelToyota Hilux
Features / Functions
Video Quality
Audio Quality
Night-Time Video Quality
Battery Life
Hello there and thank you for taking the time to leave a review, though I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with your BlackVue dash cam, it's definitely a concern that I would like to resolve for you as best I can. Are you bale to email me with more details so I can look into this further for you? Our email is support@blackvue.com.au and just attention it to Tom, or feel free to call me on 08 6267 5167. Either way I do look forward to hearing from you so we can resolve this situation and hopefully turn this 1 star experience into a 5 star experience. Thank you, Tom. BlackVue Australia.Hi Tom As you can see I was very complimentary towards the Blackvue team and your prompt efforts to address the item under warranty. Unfortunately no matter what you did it failed repeatedly and the SD card would be unformattable. My gripe was with the particular model/installation and not a general gripe as I am still using the 650S1ch units on other cars without problems. Some are maybe 4 years old and have never failed. the retailer/fitter kept referring me to you so I was going round in circles. I asked to upgrade to a different model and pay the difference which was declined by you. The only thing not changed or replaced was the power module which was hard wired into the car when the unit was purchased and fitted. I kept asking should that be checked and was repeatedly told no by your technicians. We had numerous cameras fail and have wifi modules, Bluetooth module, GPS modules SD Cards replaced and the GPS failed again on the latest replacement after 4 weeks of use. I have yesterday sold the car and am leaving the dashcam in it for free as it is useless to remove to the new car and I could not sell it. It is faulting at the moment and resetting continuously while driving. Good luck to the new owner, they may contact you as the original warranty paperwork is still with the car. Ironically the Ford dealer tried to sell me a Blackvue dual camera system for the new car but we declined. MikeHi Mike, Thanks for getting back to me. I appreciate your honest feedback and will pass this onto upper management. It is difficult for our support team to make decisions such as upgrades unless they have authorisation from management, so it is a shame that we did not do this for you in this case, for that I do apologise. Perhaps we still have the opportunity to offer you the DR750S at a reduced cost if you are interested? Feel free to get back to me at your earliest convenience. Thank you, Tom. BlackVue Australia.

Only Dash cam to Have

Needed to be hard wired but well worth the effort. So impressed will keep it for whatever car i drive even though costly to have hardwired. Havent needed to update software after 2 years of wear. Costly to buy but so much better than cheaper dash cams. Before buying a dashcam its worthwhile doing the research. This product is worth the money.....

Thanks very much for your review :) If you ever considering upgrading your system, then please get in touch with us so we can help you out. Thanks again, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty LtdIts working fine thanks

Avoid

I wouldn’t recommend this camera at all, it’s been nothing but trouble. The WiFi connection is hopeless, it only works if you sit in the car right next to the unit. So it’s pointless. It takes several attempts to login once you do get the WiFi connection, the unit keeps saying “wrong password” even though it is the right password that has been saved on my phone from the previous log in. Contacted BlackVue and was told to download the new firmware, which is a complicated process with little instruction. That changed nothing. Issue remains. The camera also interferes with my cars DAB radio making it pretty much impossible to listen to the radio at all because it keeps dropping out. I have put noise suppression choke ferrite core clips on the cables which didn’t help either. To watch a video back takes ages to download when watching on your phone, but does work well if you can be bothered removing the card to plug into your computer. I also got the power pack for constant recording. The motion detection is a load of rubbish, I have the settings on the lowest possible detection and it just constantly records. So in the garage at night with zero movement the camera just keeps making new files with nothing happening. It should only start recording and create a new file once some movement is detected. So if I did have an accident I’d have about a day to get the vision before it would be recorded over with files containing nothing. I would expect these issues from a cheap $100 camera but not from a expensive “top of the line” camera like this. Would definitely NOT recommend.

Hi Brendon, Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your BlackVue dash cam. All the issues you have raised sound like they can be resolved: 1. The WiFi signal is designed to be short range to conserve power and maximize run times. If you wish to connect to the camera away whilst you're away from the car, this can be done through the BlackVue Cloud typically by connecting the camera to a mobile LTE dongle that can be kept in the car. If you have troubles connecting to the camera whilst in close proximity try resetting the "network settings" on your phone, this generally resolves connection issues however outside signals can also interfere such as multiple networks in the area. 2. DAB Radio interference can happen if the coax cable or if the front or rear camera is too close the radio antenna. Whilst shielding is built in to the cable, the cable size also has to be taken in to account for easy installation. Longer cables are available from any BlackVue retailer if the cable needs to re run to avoid the interference. 3. The motion detection feature is triggered by any movement within either scope of view. This also includes immobilizer lights which can cause the symptoms you describe. Please feel free to get in touch with our support team so we can facilitate with your camera set up and ensure your camera is performing as desired. Look forward to hearing from you. James BlackVue Australia 08 6267 5167 Mon-Fri 09.00-17.00 AWSTHi Brendon, Just touching base to see if you have had any joy resolving the problems you were experiencing? Our support team haven't heard from you, feel free to get in touch if you would like any help. Best Regards, JamesHey James, unfortunately I haven’t. Understand your point about WiFi range. Even when I’m connected to the wifi the camera keeps saying “WiFi hotspot unavailable”. I’ll try the phone settings reset. Does the motion detection have the same view/range as the camera view? The 2 lights that flash on the front doors aren’t in view and are angled out the door, so they shouldn’t be setting it off. I also bought the battery pack that apparently turns the camera off before it runs the battery flat, this wasn’t the case. My new cars battery was completely dead. So this expensive project keeps getting worse.s The support team are only open when I’m at work.

Avoid this unit.

The dash cam worked very well for a while then stopped working without any warning. Changing the SD card, rebooting, downloading and installing firmware are all complicated and time consuming. Theres a constant “invalid settings” warning. I’ll be looking to get my money back and get a more reliable dash cam.

Hi Beachman, sorry to hear your camera has stopped working. Have you been able to contact the BlackVue Australia support team to see if we can help? We can facilitate with the correct firmware installation if required. I'm not sure what the"invalid settings" warning is, as the camera does not have this announcement. However from your comments it seems like the incorrect firmware has been applied to the camera, this will produce one of the following announcements: "firmware version is invalid" "firmware information is different" "dash cam model error" Keeping the firmware up to date ensures the camera will perform as specified and will be able to communicate with your smart phone as and when the phone is upgraded. Please feel free to get in touch if you would like us to help. Best Regards, BlackVue Australia 08 6267 5167

Expensive Popular Camera and Pretty Reliable

I bought this about 12 months ago when I picked up my new car got it installed a week later after picking up the car, the camera was all setup and functioning a few months later upgraded the SD card to the black box 128gb card. All working for about 8 months then the battery seem to be an issue because it was not holding the settings would of have to reset the camera once a month due to time and date was incorrect. I went back to the dealer to get it assessed been advised it just needed a firmware update. The camera was up to date prior, didn’t believe it and got in contact with Auto black box and they had for it replaced with a new one. I would of given it a lower rating but auto blackbox restored my faith in reliability of blackvue brand. I was at first upset as I bought the latest dash cam and a month later the newer edition came out and couldn’t return it.

Hi Vincent, thank you for taking the time to review your camera and overall experience with our company. I'm sorry to hear you initially had issues however it's great to know our team was able to resolve your issue and restore your faith in our brand and our company. As for the new models, believe it not we only received about a weeks notice that it was being released as well, we were equally surprised. Thanks again and please do not hesitate to get in contact if you have any questions. Regards, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.Just wanted to touch base the camera is now have been replaced 4 times already and the guys say it was being returned as a good gesture of will as they said i only get 1 year warranty. but i thought the consumer law gives me 2 years. i still occasionally get the check SD card error and when i unplug the cam and plug it back in 10-15 mins it works again!! i really wish i can retract my post and change this to a 1 star as what service is this and i clearly thing the model i got is a dud!!!Hi Vincent, sorry to hear of the issues you have been having, but I have reviewed the emails between yourself and our support team, and to be fair the service you are receiving is far from being described as a dud. If you are having further issues, then please get in touch with us so we can resolve them for you. As for the consumer 2 year warranty you mentioned, this is not the case, but we are still happy to offer any support, no matter the issue or time frame. Furthermore, if your retailer is not willing to offer you support, then please let us know so we can address this with them directly, we always encourage our retailers to offer the best after sales support to our customers. Regards, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

ALL THE SEARCHES SHOW THAT THE REAR CAMERA IS TERRIBLE

I have a fleet of cars, and one Blackvue 650 2 ch, nothing but issues from day on, cable to rear renewed, rear camera stopped no power now, multiple issues with the upgrades, and cloud etc,
I think the rear camera is better than the front on video, but it never works, so thats in the bin.
No more Blackvue for me.

Hi annoyed, We're sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with your DR650-2CH, we certainly can understand your frustration. I hope you've had a chance to email us at support@blackvue.com.au so that we can give you the right assistance and provide you with the customer service you require. Unfortunately with all electronic products there is a chance of failure. The front camera should be providing better picture than the rear, it is possible your front camera has a sensor fault. Nevertheless, please get in contact with our support team and we'd like to be able to help you out as best as we can. Thank you. Regards, Caleb BlackVue Australia

Not worth the money

Purchased this unit 18 months ago. Had it fitted by an auto electrician complete with the power magic pro. This unit worked well for the first 6 months but then came daily issues, ranging from, loss of audio, no recordings, turning on and off at random times. Seriously every couple of weeks something would go wrong. I contacted blackvue support and with there assistance via email over a 6 month period, it was diagnosed as having a broken NAND memory??
Anyhow since it was outside the warranty period they were not prepared to fix it at there cost.
Not happy with the product, will be removing and throwing in the bin over the weekend.
Save your money.

Hi Blue, Thank you for the review and your honesty. I'm not sure if you have been in contact with us, BlackVue Australia, but we definitely would have been able to help regarding your issues. In situations like this we like to provide you with 5 star customer service, as it is a strong foundation of BlackVue and our principles. I hope you can contact us on support@blackvue.com.au and speak with our support team, who should be able to assist you. Please let us know if we can assist further. Regards, Caleb BlackVue Australia

Customer Service from Autoblackbox WA (Aust Supplier)

In a previous review in regards to the BlackVue cameras, we had problems with reliability and problems with SD cards.
Tom from Auto BlackBox contacted me personally to discuss the problems.
After sending items back I was kept informed. I would note the DR650GW dual camera, 64gb card, tinted lens were the items sent.
Although the DR650GW was just over 2 years old the expectation from me is that I should get more than 2 years usage. The rear camera lens ended up being replaced, 64gb card (Blackvue) was also replaced (less than 12 months old which was a previous replacement) and the tinted lens cover which had started crazing was also replaced.
In a previous post, I also indicated cards should last more than 12 months due to the cost. Auto BlackBox also supplied a spare 32gb Blackvue card at no cost so thanks for that.
I would say the customer service was excellent from Tom and also Chaim.
As it stands we now disconnect all cameras at night or when the cars aren't being used when parked at home to help with the SD cards lasting longer.
We also carry a spare SD card in our cars (Driving School Cars) so if we have a "card issue" (card saying please check SD card) we can simply swap the card over to maintain the cameras operating whilst on driving lessons.
After using these cameras for a few years overall they work quite well but you do need to monitor your SD cards. By that, I mean regularly view the videos on a computer to ensure they are recording properly and the time zones don't change and there is no disruption to continuous recording. Broken recordings can mean you may need a new card. (Card formatting and checking firmware should be checked first)
Due to having dual cameras, the cards can rewrite quite quickly (when set at higher resolution) so a larger capacity card should be used especially if you leave your car in public car park. (Magic Pro required for operation when engine not running or parked for long period)
It's a shame they don't have a pivot so the camera can be turned to the sides when needed rather than fixed straight ahead or behind and maybe a "time-lapse" recording for parking as some other brands do.
At least it's good to see that the customer service is great and resolved our issues.
Well done to Autoblackboz in WA.
Geoff
Penrith Driving School

Hi Geoff, Thanks for taking the time to update your review and your recent experience with our company. While somethings are out of our control, we certainly pride ourselves in the way we offer customer support and I'm very glad to hear hat Tom and the team were able to resolve your issues. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any further questions or require further support. Best Regards, BlackVue Australia

Good, but not cheap

This is not actually what I wanted. I wanted one with a screen because I have a Bull motor body on the back and it would be good to be able to see what is directly behind me as I am driving.
Ultimately the rear camera was the clincher for getting this unit over any other, it was the only one in Australia at the time with an all weather rear camera. I also opted for the BlackVue SD card, they are expensive but I watched a Youtube reviewer who had issues with a non BlackVue SD card so I figured I would forego that pain and get one straight from the start. The stupid pricing on the SD card is what prompted me to give 4 stars, not 5.
There were a couple of issues in the first month or so, that ended up being caused by the SD card failing.
Claiming warranty was totaly painless though. Black box in Perth were a pleasure to deal with.
The front camera is unobtrusive and it has performed well since a firmware update in March.
I do like that it will record while parked too.

Hi Sibron, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad that you're were happy with your new dash cam and your after sales experience was up to standard. We understand that high end SD cards are more expensive than their generic counter parts. This is due to the specific standards recommended by the manufacturer to ensure the most reliable footage is captured in a stable format. Although Generic SD cards may work for the short term they typically cycle through their write-cycles very quickly rendering the card and therefore the camera useless. To ensure your camera works to its optimal performance we recommend MLC High Endurance SD cards. If you have any other questions regarding your dash cam, feel free to get in touch with our support team. Best Regards, BlackVue Australia

Not happy

I purchased the 650GW 2ch some time ago. I was fine for about 13 months then the SD card problem started. I tried various SD cards including the one from Blackvue. I kept getting the "Please check the SD card" message. I'd re format the card once a week and kept getting the error message. I disconnected the rear camera and the problem stopped. I payed for a 2ch dash cam but I've ended up with a 1 channel cam. Never again will i buy a Blackvue dash cam.

Hi Micheal, Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with you dash camera system. Have you tried contacting our support team to get the issue resolved? We can't work out from your review if you have contacted us for support, tried a new BlackVue SD card or the 13 month old original? Unfortunately SD cards are a consumable item and have a finite number of write cycles. As recommended in the instructions BlackVue only recommend the use of genuine BlackVue MLC Endurance SD cards as not all SD cards are compatible - in any case we would like the opportunity to try and resolve the issue you have been having and investigate why the retailer has not offered to help you. Please feel free to get in touch with our support team to find a solution, as a premium dash cam brand we like to offer premium after sales service. We look forward to hearing from you. Best Regards, BlackVue Australia 08 9267 5167Hi Micheal, just touching base to see if you have had a chance to contact our support team so we can help you out? If not, please reach out to us so we can help. We look forward to hearing from you. Best Regards, BlackVue Australia 08 9267 5167

motion sensor warnings are flooding in post firmware upgrade

Hi,

Today I upgraded the firmware of my dashcam.

Post the upgrade, the sensor warnings are flooding in despite the fact that I have put the impact sensor to 20. I have tried multiple numbers ranging from 20 to 100 and not seen a change. Surely I can't set it to too low so wonder what the ideal number.

Has anyone seen this issue?

regards,
JB

Can’t trust this camera, I purchased it to safe guard any claims against me in an accident. It has f

How many words does it take to let you know that I feel very dissatisfied with the purchase of this unreliable dash cam, I thought I was buying the best but maybe a cheap one would have served better. It is obviously a bad unit as you have discontinued it that’s the best thing for it.

Hi Eric, Sorry to read that your experience with BlackVue has not been a positive one, we certainly would like the opportunity to inspect your camera to find out what the cause of the issue is. As for the model being discontinued, this was to make way for the newer models, just like most tech companies do with their products, it wouldn't make sense to sell two flagship models at the same time,however the DR650S is still available and fully supported :) Look forward to hearing back from you: support@blackvue.com.au Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.Hi Tom, firstly this review is for the DR650GW/2CH not the S. The camera is at Bkbox and has a fault that requires it to be returned to the factory, I have been made an offer of sorts but does not address the problems over the past 18months. The camera went into fault with a card after 3months card replaced then again approx 5months later, again 4months later. At this point I upgraded to a 128 card supplied by black box refunding cost of burnt 16 card this card burnt after about 4months. The retailer said it was beyond them and suggested I go to black box direct which I did they replaced the card which burnt up again now they say it’s a unit fault. When I purchased the camera I thought I was buying the best most reliable camera, it looks good picture quality is great.... but.....it turned out to be the opposite, I should have been given the opportunity to have my money back or a replacement free of charge before the warranty ran out. I need a camera that works as an incident can occur in seconds......yes I have a camera......but it doesn’t work......can you Tom tell me that the replacement S refurbished model offered will work and I can feel safe in case of an accident or whatever. I really would have preferred to be giving a glowing report on the camera but it really has been a very bad purchase and experience. Regards EricHi Eric, apologies for the confusion, I noticed the review subheading was titled DR650S-2CH. I have spoken with the RMA team and they have agreed to replace your current GW with an S series, at no charge of course. Hopefully this will resolve all the issues you have been having and will restore your faith in BlackVue once again - and perhaps at some stage you will feel comfortable to re-evaluate your 1 start review :) Thanks again Eric, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Best dash cam and best customer care

I upgraded from the 650w to the 650S 2CH.
The cameras are fantastic. Prior to upgrade, the service and actual customer care from
Auto Blackbox was exceptional.
I strongly recommend anyone experiencing technical issues to contact them for solutions and guidance first. They know the product and will have the best option for you. They truely care about their customers. I can’t recommend them enough.

A little story about the first difference i noticed in the upgraded cameras.

I had an evening meeting to attend and I arrived early. I turned the ignition off and sat in my car going through emails for about 15 minutes. I went to the meeting and when it’s finished i get back into my car and turn the ignition on, the camera turns on as usual then i hear “an impact was detected in parking mode”

I drive home and start walking around my car checking for damage. I see none.
I jump in the car and look at the footage recorded whilst i was in the meeting. Nothing.
I check the event on the camera and there I see a woman walking past the front of my car carrying a hand bag. I think, she must have hit my car with her bag. I get out and check the front of my car again but can’t see any damage. I go back inside my car and check the footage again. I notice this woman is walking towards the same building i was in. Who is she? I take a closer look and it suddenly dawns on me... it’s me.
Because i turned the ignition off and sat in my the camera went into park mode.closing my door after this registered as an impact.
Love this camera!

Hi Lidia, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Its great that you are using the parking mode feature to its full potential. Should you need any assistance in the future please get in touch with us at Auto BlackBox, one of the staff will be happy to help. Best Regards, James Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd

Perfect tools

I have this due camera for more than 2 years, and it's still perfect. I have installed 64gb as card in it and I have no issues at all.
Highly recommended. Rear and front camera. It's has nice options and I can use it with clouds as well.
All good
Thanks.

Hi Adel, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Really glad to hear how happy you are with it :) Thank you, Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Piece of mind

Bought it 2 years ago for my new 4x4, really good quality and pay what you get for.
Tucks well behind the rear view mirror.
Only problem with it, it’s slow for download a video and SD card is too low at 16gb (2hrs usage before it rewrite over), Would love to have a 64 or 128gb.

Hi John, Great to hear your are enjoying your BlackVue dash cam. The quickest way to save files form the SD card is through the BlackVue PC player which is available for download from the BlackVue website: https://www.blackvue.com.au/support/downloads/ The new DR750S series has much quicker WiFi for more convenience when using the mobile app. Larger SD cards are also available from our authorised dealers, you will need to check with the dealer to see if your camera is compatible with a 128GB as the older DR650GW models we not compatible. https://www.blackvue.com.au/dealer-locator/ Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions. Best Regards, James BlackVue Australia

The most irritating distracting unintelligible voice ever

Four days after installation I emailed Blackvue about the helium assisted voice they now have on the dashcam. Their response was - just turn it off!! I have paid a substantial amount for this system and find the voice SO irritating and additionally almost incomprehensible when the car is running. As it is installed just behind the rearview mirror having the announcement is my indication that the system is working.
I have an older model that just plugs into the lighter socket and the voice is clear and van be understood.
I have just had it checked and the 'fix' was to turn up the volume so I can hear helium girl slightly louder. Was informed that they are all like that.
The camera etc is probably ok but the distraction level when you are driving is unacceptable.

Hello CazR, thanks for letting us know about this particular issue. Have you contacted BlackVue Australia, or BlackVue overseas? If your new unit has a faulty speaker we can arrange a replacement for you right away. Please message us with your name and place of purchase for immediate support. We hope to hear from you very soon. Thank you, BlackVue AustraliaI did contact BlackVue Australia and that was where I was given the suggestion to turn the volume off. I have had the installer check it and replaced it with another one- just the same. Will try and message you later today.Hi CazR, I'm not sure about the team member that may have said that but I assure you our first priority is always to offer a replacement to the customer. While we will do all we can - I am not particularly sure on what the problem with the voice is as this would be the first report of this nature on the DR650S series. Does the voice on your unit match the voice shown on the various Youtube videos that demonstrate the DR650S booting up? Alternatively we can send you a recording of a DR650S booting up here and you can check if this matches your camera. Thanks again

Won't power up after upgrade to v1.008

Installed with Power Magic Pro. Worked perfectly until I upgraded the firmware to v1.008. It started continually powered on and off by itself when I was driving for a whole day, and it didn't power up at all the next day. Does the firmware v1.008 has a big issue? Because I saw your website released a newer firmware v1.009 immediately. But as I can't power up the unit I can't upgrade it to the latest version. Very disappointed as I just used it for two weeks.

Hi Cherle, as the Australian representative for BlackVue we would like to do all we can to help you out, and we really hope we get the opportunity to do so. While we are not aware of the firmware for a camera affecting a power control module we will investigate this and if you can get back to us we will have our support team (Australia) contact you when we return to office on the 8th Jan. We hope this is satisfactory and look forward to assisting you further. Regards, Support Manager BlackVue Australia.Hi Cherie, Just touching base to see if you had managed to get your camera working? Please feel free to email me at support@autoblackbox.com.au if you are still experiencing issues with your camera. We will certainly get this resolved for you or replace your camera with a new one. Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.I got this resolved by reinstalling the camera and power magic pro and I installed the latest firmware by copying the files to the sd card. Now it works fine. Hope this could help people who have similar problem.

Best Dashcan

After doing a lot of research I bought this dashcam about 18months ago (and talked my 2 sons into buying one) prior to driving to central Australia. Recorded and downloaded the whole driving as i also bought additional 128gb sd cards.. Went back this year and whilst in Alice Springs it kept rebooting. As i was taking it out of cradle dashcam fell onto centre console and stopped working. Would like to get it repaired or if too expensive happy to buy updated version where i can still use the same rear camera. Just need to know if there is any repair centre in Melbourne that can give me a quote for repairs. Thanks Pete M

Hi Pete, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We will be able to advise the best solution once we have inspected your camera. You are welcome to send the camera via one of our authorised dealers which you can find on the link below: https://www.blackvue.com.au/dealer-locator/ or you are welcome to send it directly following the 2nd link below; https://www.blackvue.com.au/support/warranty-return/ If you have any questions, please get in touch. Best Regards, James BlackVue Australia 08 6267 5167

Works well, paid for itself, wireless no longer works

I received the two channel camera for my 60th birthday two years ago and it has worked very well, except now the wireless function has stopped working so I can no longer check the recordings from my phone, which is a small inconvenience as I have to take the SD card out and view the footage on my computer. Apart from that, it has worked well and paid for itself. Not long after installing it (fairly easily I found), I was waiting at a traffic light to turn right when the car in front of me suddenly reversed into me. The driver insisted I had hit him, but I quickly showed him the footage from my camera revealing his reversing lights coming on and my velocity as zero which convinced him of the error of his ways.

Thinking of getting one for my wife's car too. Great product

Hi maxfieldg, Thanks for leaving a review!! Glad to hear that your camera had paid for itself so quickly. As for the WiFi, come by our office and we can replace the module in your camera and get the WiFi working again. Our address is 5/43 Hutton Street Osborne Park. Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.Hi Tom Thanks for repairing my dashcam, the wireless works fine now and I am a happy camper again. Very prompt work. GeorgeHi George, Glad to hear it!! Please get in touch if you have any other questions. Thanks, Tom.

Worked For A Total Of 4 Months Of True Time (Driving Equiv) Then Gps / Speed Failed.

The camera was fine until blackvue started issuing firmware updates. It was updated to last v2.008 and speed read capture eventually stopped at some point. During the support trials of keep putting re formats of same firmware and then one attempt to do it via phone which the last method now has rendered it useless. Won't restart at all even the the last instruct after the upload from the iphone app was to re boot it now sits all day with red/green alternating flashing light plus the blue blinker. The update via sd in pc won't save it either now. Reading all reviews google wide its a common fault over time. Why else was it superseded. No confidence in blackvue product line now on.

Hi Fabian, Thanks for taking the time to write a review and sorry to hear that you are having issues with your BlackVue camera. I assume you have contacted our office in Perth for support? If not, send us an email so we can assist you and get your camera working again :) Our email is support@autoblackbox.com.au I will make the suggestion to use the Legacy Firmware version 1.011 unless you specifically want to use the BlackVue Cloud function. I can also assure you the reason the manufacturer superseded the "GW" series was not because of issues, but because they had released the newer "S" series, just like Apple do with their iPhone's and Holden does with their cars :) Look forward to hearing from you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.Hi Tom, I thought i would update my review with a response regarding events that have unfolded since i wrote originally. I believe Tom your in the Perth WA office and work along side your tech Caleb. My review was based on the fact that there is known issues in how the dashcam behaves and integrates with iphone apps and the latest firmware dispatched by blackvue including failures with updating process. In summary the system has bugs and is well known and you cant discount that, yet in the end my problem i had as many others have had, I resorted to the original "legacy" firmware V1.011. This has resolved the issue of no GPS and more importantly has re-stored the cameras function. Strangely the camera will no longer accept V2.008 that enables the cloud remote access function that was promoted by blackvue themselves. Hence why i rated it based on the irritation it has caused and the fact users cant use cloud function if indeed was wanted as constantly advertised by blackvue emails. The Korean ( main site ) has issues in how it supplies firmware because the issue ultimately was resolved by an Australian Agent ( yourselves) by a independent link to firmware. How many people would know that??? Hence my review also covers the fact that the entire Blackvue ecosystem is a jumbled mess and possibly confuse the hell out those of a non technical background. This needs to be reported back to HQ were even their support structure was the usual fill out the RMA warranty process blah blah. It was in fact the software and improper function of firmware inc the iphone firmware updating process that rendered the dash-cam useless. BUT on a positive note i cannot fault the camera when it does work and even better the support offered by your guy "Caleb" that was an absolute breath of fresh air to deal with and even took the time to call me to discuss all matters relating the above...and each learnt some interesting quirks to the system. So that i cant rate high enough. CheersHi Fabian, Thanks for updating me with regards to the issues you were having with your camera, I'm really glad to hear that Caleb was very helpful in assisting you with this frustrating problem. We would love for the manufacturer to redirect all Australian customers to our website, this would certainly help us resolve issues in a much better time frame than you have experienced. However, I am glad we got there in the end and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any future questions or feedback. I do hope that you may consider reviewing your 2 star review, as we aim to always have a minimum of 3-4 starts for our customers, so if there's anything I can do, please let me know. Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

See all BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S reviews