BlackVue Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

BlackVue Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

Sam

SamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Problems Galore

Purchased in September 2016 at Daschcams Australia for $549.00.

Readable Number PlatesYes
Car Modelcx5
Night-Time Video Quality

Unlucky

UnluckySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great when it worked

My dash cam was purchased and installed by a reputable dealer just over two years ago. It has been replaced because it kept restarting and the replacement unit was repaired under warranty because the internal power in the front camera was faulty. The dealer has sent it off again today because the front camera won't power up. I'm very disappointed- I was assured this was a very good brand and I seem to have had nothing but trouble with it. I drive approximately 1000 kms a week and need a good, reliable unit for peace of mind on the road.

Purchased in June 2017 at Sound in Motion for $880.00.

Readable Number PlatesNo
Car ModelMazda CX-3 DK Akari AWD, 1.8L Diesel, Automatic
Battery Life
Blackvue 650S 2ch LEMON

Blackvue 650S 2ch LEMONSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst Camera Ever

Purchased in August 2017 at No Limit Audio Melbourne for $900.00.

Readable Number PlatesYes
Car ModelToyota Hilux
Audio Quality
Night-Time Video Quality
Battery Life

Upset AussieChisholm NSW

Only Dash cam to Have

Needed to be hard wired but well worth the effort. So impressed will keep it for whatever car i drive even though costly to have hardwired. Havent needed to update software after 2 years of wear. Costly to buy but so much better than cheaper dash cams. Before buying a dashcam its worthwhile doing the research. This product is worth the money.....

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Thanks very much for your review :) If you ever considering upgrading your system, then please get in touch with us so we can help you out.
Thanks again,
Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd

Its working fine thanks

Avoid

Hi Brendon,
Just touching base to see if you have had any joy resolving the problems you were experiencing? Our support team haven't heard from you, feel free to get in touch if you would like any help.
Best Regards,
James

Vincent23Sydney, NSW

Expensive Popular Camera and Pretty Reliable

ALL THE SEARCHES SHOW THAT THE REAR CAMERA IS TERRIBLE

I have a fleet of cars, and one Blackvue 650 2 ch, nothing but issues from day on, cable to rear renewed, rear camera stopped no power now, multiple issues with the upgrades, and cloud etc,
I think the rear camera is better than the front on video, but it never works, so thats in the bin.
No more Blackvue for me.

Not worth the money

Purchased this unit 18 months ago. Had it fitted by an auto electrician complete with the power magic pro. This unit worked well for the first 6 months but then came daily issues, ranging from, loss of audio, no recordings, turning on and off at random times. Seriously every couple of weeks something would go wrong. I contacted blackvue support and with there assistance via email over a 6 month period, it was diagnosed as having a broken NAND memory??
Anyhow since it was outside the warranty period they were not prepared to fix it at there cost.
Not happy with the product, will be removing and throwing in the bin over the weekend.
Save your money.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

motion sensor warnings are flooding in post firmware upgrade

Hi,

Today I upgraded the firmware of my dashcam.

Post the upgrade, the sensor warnings are flooding in despite the fact that I have put the impact sensor to 20. I have tried multiple numbers ranging from 20 to 100 and not seen a change. Surely I can't set it to too low so wonder what the ideal number.

Has anyone seen this issue?

regards,
JB

Can’t trust this camera, I purchased it to safe guard any claims against me in an accident. It has f

How many words does it take to let you know that I feel very dissatisfied with the purchase of this unreliable dash cam, I thought I was buying the best but maybe a cheap one would have served better. It is obviously a bad unit as you have discontinued it that’s the best thing for it.

Eric
Eric

Lidia

LidiaSydney

Best dash cam and best customer care

CazRAU

The most irritating distracting unintelligible voice ever

CazR

I did contact BlackVue Australia and that was where I was given the suggestion to turn the volume off. I have had the installer check it and replaced it with another one- just the same. Will try and message you later today.

CherieSydney

Won't power up after upgrade to v1.008

Installed with Power Magic Pro. Worked perfectly until I upgraded the firmware to v1.008. It started continually powered on and off by itself when I was driving for a whole day, and it didn't power up at all the next day. Does the firmware v1.008 has a big issue? Because I saw your website released a newer firmware v1.009 immediately. But as I can't power up the unit I can't upgrade it to the latest version. Very disappointed as I just used it for two weeks.

Cherie

I got this resolved by reinstalling the camera and power magic pro and I installed the latest firmware by copying the files to the sd card. Now it works fine. Hope this could help people who have similar problem.

RJMMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

It might suit your vehicle, but I regret this purchase

Viking

VikingMelbourne

dash cam heaven

Yes, there are a lot of products out there that do similar jobs and at a much more affordable price point BUT....THIS product is fan-bleepin-tastic. Easy to use and review the SD card. Unobtrusive and not in the driver's view, great video quality, maps, GPS, anddriving data. I literally would NOT be without it and the dual camera option is well worth it and now I have had need of some after-sales service, it not only matches the product but stands out as a credit to the company. Don't consider cheaper products just to save money,. THIS does THE LOT and is worth it. We have a dual camera for both of our cars and feel safer for it.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Very high quality camera solution

This isnt just a camera, it is peace of mind! I can now log in and check my car from anywhere, anytime! Very easy to install and setup. The quality of the camera footage is fantastic as well! No issues with anything - instructions are clear and simple.

Highly recommend

Ozzy

OzzySydney, NSW

This is Perfeet, can't live without my BlackVue

It's easy to use and even an app to connect to it inbuilt WiFi. I love it, It's got record while car is parked which is the best as being a deliver driver I park and stop all the time, I'm on the road most days so it's caught a lot of crazy drivers even a hit and run on my van..

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi Ozzy, Feel free to share some of the videos you have captured on our Facebook page, we always love to see footage our customers have captured.
Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Excellent low profile dash cam.

Recently installed the DR650s 2 ch system with power pro magic. Very discrete profile with HD front camera 1080 and 720 rear camera. Optional power pro installed to prevent draining battery when in park mode. Easy application installed to change settings and review any footage. Plenty of easy to follow instructions on their web site and utube.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Thanks for the review Brazilnut, definitely a great choice with the DR650S-2CH and Power Magic Pro.

AMAZING CAR CAMERA

By far the best car camera ive seen and brought on the market would never buy any other car camera blackvue is the best the two channel is great as you can record front and back of car and the recording even after parking is awesome keep up the great work blackvue

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi David, Thanks for the review!! Really happy to hear how much you love your BlackVue.

Mind at Ease.

Best thing since slice bread. I hear all the time he hit my car and denying it. Great to have for the safety of your family, all you hear these days is people getting hijacked. You need to see it with your own eyes to believe it. Great product. ✅.

Davo

Couldn't think of anything better. Especially when disputing the speed travelling. It's all being recorded in front of your eyes, when, where, what & whom. Love it cos the truth hurts. Recommend this product 10 million times over.

See all BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S reviews

Ben W

Ben Wasked

After an incident last night, I removed 64gb sd card to review files. Only files found on the card were from a few months ago and it seems no new files are available to view. My cameras are set to record constantly inc parking mode using the power magic pro.
The SD card was purchased recently from Ebay advertised as 'genuine blackvue' and from an Australian seller.
Is this likely to be an SD card issue or something else?

Hello Ben,
We're very sorry to hear that this has happened. From what you have described, it does sound like the mSD card is corrupt and will need replacing. May I suggest contacting our support team via email; sales@blackvue.com.au
They will be able to further assist you with this matter.
Best Regards,
BlackVue Australia.

Mohammad

Mohammadasked

Hi I want to know why front camera footage don’t show on recording? all lights on all settings good I can not see live view front camera Thanks

Hi Mohammad,
This could be for a number of reasons, the most common would be the SD card has become corrupted.
The easiest way to resolve the issue would be to contact our support team so they can facilitate some diagnostics and provide a suitable solution.
Feel free to call Mon-Fri 9.00-5.00 AWST
Best Regards
BlackVue Australia
08 6267 5167

Nab

Nabasked

Hello
I have the blackvue dr650s/ 2ch bought it a few days a go.
Everything is great only one problem is I can’t see the videos in the app
I need to remove the sdcard to watch them in my laptop
I don’t know why can’t do the upgrade of the blackvue by the app
And especially about videos can’t see them in the app blackvue is empty every time
How can you help me please ?
And what is the firmware for my blackvue?
Thanking you in advance

Upset Aussie

You should get support from your installation.

Hello Nab,
I am no expert on this issue. I contacted this site for help, which they gave and fixed my problem, :- " Support Team - Auto BlackBox [support@autoblackbox.com.au]"

This is the information they sent to me and it fixed my problem:-

"They have informed us that it is the current viewer version you have installed that is causing the issue.
Can you please try installing the version below.
Please advise if the issue still persists."

They are a great support team and responded ASAP to my enquiry, I think they will be your best option to fix your problem.
Also I have NOT used a "app" to download my film footage, I take out the sd card and use my computer, don't own a "smart phone :)"
Sorry if this is not very helpful but I cannot offer you much more!
Regards
Tassie Devil

Get an answer from our members and BlackVue representatives