BlackVue Single Camera DR650S-1CH

BlackVue Single Camera DR650S-1CH

Fantastic After Sales Service

Bought 2 Dash Cams for our cars and had them "hard wired" by an Auto Electrician, the only way to go! Both were very easy to set up once fitted, I did this on our computer (don't have a "so-called" smart phone) with ease, right global location and the settings we wanted. One camera worked perfectly on play-back but the other had a "Script Error" message that blocked the viewing screen.We contacted the main supplier's support team for help. Within less than 24 hours we received a reply and a site on how to fix it. Not being totally computer savvy, I rang the support number and the guy guided me through the update procedure which worked great. The "new" update has much clearer display and viewing and is just like you are driving the vehicle for real! The service we have received has been excellent

Hi Tassie Devil, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We hope you enjoy the security of your new dash cams. Please feel free to get in touch should you have any other questions. Best Regards BlackVue Australia 08 6267 5167

Rubbish-didn’t even last 2 years.

Considering this camera wasn’t cheap it is very disappointing that it lasted 1 year and 10 months! And the salt in the wounds is that 6 months after I bought it the warranty went from 1 year to two years. My local electronics shop now refuses to stock them because of the failure rate and how painful BlackVue Australia are to deal with. Will never buy another BlackVue.

Hi Mish, we have certain special case warranty programs in place which means you may still be covered by us at BlackVue Australia. Yes you are correct we do offer 2 years warranty on BlackVue products now, we do this through BlackVue Australia and are one of the very few dash cam brands to offer this. If the units can be repaired there are usually only minor repair costs to have the unit fixed up as well, rather than having to go and purchase a whole new dash cam system. Are you interested in getting support from BlackVue Australia, and if so can you please respond to us here or by private message? We hope we have a chance to turn this 1 star experience into a 5 star for you. :) Thank you BlackVue Australia Team.Hi Mish, just following up and checking if you have had a chance to read our reply and private messages? Thank you,Hi-would be interested to see if it can be fixed. How do I go about this? I would rather have a working BlackVue than to have to rip all the hardwired power cable setup out of my car and get another brand.

Very poor app

The app is not user friendly. Compared to much less expensive cameras this is not a good one. Camera quality is good, but if you need info from the app ie how to change passwords etc, forget about it. Mine is sitting in a draw, and I went and bought another cheaper one. much easier to use. Overall very disappointed in this camera.

Hi Luko, Sorry to hear you have been having troubles with your BlackVue Dash Camera. As the leading dash camera brand in Australia we take pride in ensuring all our customers are able to use the camera successfully. To change the password on the WiFi is a simple process, you are welcome to contact our full time support team to guide you through this. I have also included the instructions on the link below if you prefer. https://helpcenter.blackvue.com/hc/en-us/articles/222403147-How-to-change-reset-the-dashcam-s-Wi-Fi-SSID-password- Alternatively your retailer should be able to facilitate if your are struggling to use the camera. Feel free to get in touch if you have any other questions. Best Regards, James BlackVue Australia 08 6267 5167Hi Luko, Just touching base to see if you have had chance to reset your password? We are here full time to help with any questions you might have. Best Regards, BlackVue Australia 08 6267 5167

Perfect

Good resolution and clear. Do not have overheating problem and connection are good. Wide angle. However, need to purchase it together with power magic so that things will be working very well.

Will strongly recommend this car camera to anyone who is looking for car camera, anywhere in the world

the cam for car

this is a great camera for the car in its own right, but the beauty comes alive when you combine the internet capabilities. easy to install and just as easy to attach a mobile sim router to connect to the web. know where your car is and what its doing.
great buy.. just wish i had got the 2 channel so i could record the rear.

Hi Neil, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear you are using the cloud platform to take advantage of all the cameras features. Best Regards, James Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd

Great camera but dont waste your money on the genuine sd card

The camera is fantastic with great resolution and features. It is well worth spending a few bucks on the polarising filter to cut glare both at night and in the day. The only thing I suggest is that you do not waste you money buying the genuine Blackvue sd card. It is more expensive than the same standard on the general market and after the first time I formatted mine the camera refused to recognise it. Just buy a top grade generic brand card and enjoy your great camera

Hi Gavin, Thanks for your feedback, we will definitely pass this onto the manufacturer. If your SD card has failed, we can replace this under warranty for you. As for the use of 3rd party SD cards, please be aware we have undertaken 1000's of hours of testing and found that after several months, sometimes even weeks, particularly when it is hot, most 3rd party SD cards will fail. This is due to the high bitrate and continuous loop recording that dash cams use. When SD cards get hot, the write speed is drastially reduced, leaving you with poor quality recordings. Read/Write speeds are just one very small factor when deciding what SD cards to use. The most important factor is the heat/endurance rating, this will allow a continuous high bitrate recording to be written to the SD card without losing quality. Thanks again for your review. Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.Hi Tom, I did speak to you at the time but for some reason the reply box wasnt available here. It turned out that it wasnt the card that failed, it was a glitch in the software. I downloaded the Blackvue software again, reformatted the card and it worked fine. The camera continues to perform excellent to this day. Regards Gavin

Great camera.

Purchased the blackvue 650. It replaced a 450 as the 659 had wifi. Have used for about 3 weeks and had no problems at all. Would thoroughly recommend this dashcam. I am looking at purchasing the 112 battery pack as well so I can run the camera in park mode as well. Again great product and great service from Sportsgps from where I brought it from. Thanks for a great product.

Hi Steven, Glad to hear that you are happy with your new BlackVue, please get in contact with us before purchasing the battery pack and we may be able to help you out on price. Cheers, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Fantastic unit

A nice small unit which replaced an existing dashcam in my car. Its so easy to use and the size means that it sits nicely behind the mirror and doesn't obscure the view. Easy to connect to it via wifi to view live and recorded footage (and download if required) and i love the voice announcements it makes. Excellent quality video also. Highly recommended.

Hi Kristen, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. If you have any questions about how some of the features work, feel free to get in touch. Best regards, James Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd

BlackVue dashcams are AWESOME

A friend of mine has one of these dash cams. It is AMAZING. Wifi works so well. The picture quality is the best I have seen. I don't have one yet but I will have one when mine doesn't work any more. I don't think it will be too long.

Hi Dereck, Thanks for leaving a review. When you are ready to purchase your new BlackVue, you can find your nearest dealer on the dealer locator page. https://www.blackvue.com.au/dealer-locator/ Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions. Best regards James Auto BlackBox Pty LtdI will. Thank you.

Lifetime of protected motoring

I've had the DR650S installed in my car for 3 weeks now.. I've since had 3 weeks of reliable, protected motoring. Actually turns out to be 3 weeks longer than I've had before and I've had a dashcam installed in my car for over 18 months. The Power Magic Pro Kit works wonderfully well with parking mode and is a cinch to install (if you're somewhat technically minded). Set up is easy on the phone with the wifi connection option. I purchased the optional tamper proof case which fits well; except wifi can't be easily turned on and off with it installed. Not a big issue however. I would 100% recommend one of their products to anyone.. I just wish I could've seen into the future with my previous purchase.

Hi SCM, Thanks for leaving a great review. It's great to hear your enjoying the benefits of the new tamer proof bracket. FYI it is possible to set the WiFi to automatically power on with the camera, this can be done through the camera settings either on the smart phone app or the PC player. Thanks again, James. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

The Blackvue Dash Cameras only get better

This is the fourth BLACKVUE dash camera I've purchased over the past three years. I have them in all of my vehicles now and the quality of the image, the storage capacity and the app have improved over that time. When you install the Power Magic Pro, which allows recording when the ignition is off, it gives you piece of mind that if you car is damaged while its parked you'll be able to identify the vehicle or person who has damaged it.....and will save you money with the insurance excess when making a claim.

Hi JJT, Thanks for leaving a review. Great to hear your using the cameras in all of your vehicles. Cheers James Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd

Excellent product

Very happy with this dash cam purchased it today fantastic though I'm not sure about the distance viewing in the front maybe I'm not use to it yet I viewed it from my iPhone and struggled to read the number plate apart from that this product is the best on the market

Hi Steve, Thanks for leaving a review. When viewing the footage through the BlackVue player you should be able to zoom in by scrolling on the mouse wheel. This should help to read any licence plates. Regards James Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd

Satisfied Customer

I have recently purchased a BLACKVUE DR650S-CH. This is the third BLACKVUE Camera I have purchased. I have two vehicles and updated to a later model BLACKVUE in one of my vehicles. The replaced camera is not High Definition. I am completely satisfied with this product. I have recommended the BLACKVUE Camera to others who have also purchased this product.

Hi Paul, Thanks for your review!! Really appreciate you recommending BlackVue to your family and friends. Thanks again, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Blackbox recorder

We have now bought 4 cameras for all our cars and cannot fault them. Simple to install and then forget about...until you need it. Recording quality is extremely good with great software for playback. Although not what I intended using it for I have taken footage of extremely dangerous driving to the Police who managed to freeze frame a car number plate, this was only due to the quality of the recording. Would recommend BlackVue to anyone who is considering buying a dash cam.

Hi Waiirri, Thank you very much for your review. It's always great to hear positive feedback from our customers. Hopefully you took advantage of the Xmas promotion and received your FREE Power Magic Pro. Thanks, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.Certainly did, thankyou. I'll come and see you in the new year about a rear camera.Great!! See you then :)

Great Camera with Plenty of Features!

Purchased the Blackvue DR650S-1CH and Power Magic Pro after a carpark incident and I could not be happier with it! Installed it myself and it was straightforward (Power Magic Pro took a little while to power up after being hard-wired in to the cars wiring loom, I had to toggle the adjustment switches before the power LED activated) and set up was very simple using the Blackvue app on my smartphone. Picture quality is great, easy to pick numberplates during daytime recording even on my phone screen. The sensor on the side of the unit to switch audio recording on/off is great too, was an unexpected surprise. It's a feature packed and high quality camera and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another!

Hi P.D, Great to hear you're enjoying you new camera. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Cheers James Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd

See all BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S reviews

Coming up to 3 years. No complaints, even when switching phones. I am disappointed though with it apparently not being able to utilise the cloud. The 2ch and above models apparently do, but if the 1ch does... I haven’t been able to get it to work. :(
Hi Kamagloire, Thanks for your questions. Both 1Ch and 2Ch DR650S models are cloud compatible. Please feel free to get in touch with our full time support team to assist with setting up your cloud connection. 9-5 Mon-Fri AWST BlackVue Australia 08 6267 5167Ok, I’ll give that a go. Thanks. Gave it a go. Some nice chap 2 hours in the past (AWST) solved it clearly within 5 minutes. Now it’s time to buy a BlackVue battery. - smiley face

hello I bought a camera BLACKVUE DR650S-1ch I can not register it on a cloud serial number is D65SS1FBE02360 cloud number 5LMWNJ2B5D4VJ4 each time shows exceeded time limit or that the camera is already registered - and her application can not see if you can help me thank you
Hi Pawel, best thing to do is email the manufacturer who controls the BlackVue Cloud Service, they can be reached on cs@pittasoft.com and they will be able to check the registration details for you. Thanks, Tom.

How do you change facebook you live stream to? the live steam works but i cant change user
Hi Heath S, Sorry I cannot help you. I do not stream to Facebook, I never use Facebook, don't trust it! I contacted this site and had great help :- : support@autoblackbox.com.au Explain your problem and they can help, they answered my enquiry in a couple of days. Not much chance over Christmas, now though! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. Tassie Devil P.S. I have only just fitted my dash cam in the last few weeks, and am still learning too :)

Single Camera DR650S-1CH