Listing monitored by BlackVue

4.4
  • Readable Number PlatesYes (2) · No (0)
  • Video Quality
  • Audio Quality
  • Night-Time Video Quality
Jayasooriah
JayasooriahSydney, NSW

Customer Service DR900S-1CH

Some 22 months after I purchased DR900S-1CH camera with 128GB the SD card failed. I contacted customer service I was told the accessory warranty is only for 12 months. I was further told: BlackVue 128GB SD card for $159 this comes with a 1 year warranty; Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB SD card for $79 this comes with a 5 year warranty.

I said that I would not have purchased the BlackVue SD card at the premium price had I known about the Samsung Pro Endurance and asked for the decision to be reviewed. They promptly agreed send me a replacement Samsung card. I call that good customer service.

Vladimir
VladimirMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent camera and quality videos

Have had eBay generic cheapies, to reasonable quality cameras. However they all suffered from battery expansion and reduced video quality within one year. The DR990s has been faultless For over a year. No batteries to worry about (super capacitors). I got it with the power magic pro so it can record in park mode. No issues with connecting to its wifi to download videos. I use quality cards like the Lexar professional series. The only problem I had and lots have had as well, was the 3M double sided tapes that came with it was not up to the autumn sun, let alone the summer sun. I went to Bunnings and got the Moroday brand one. It hasn't come off since.

Purchased in March 2019 at Autobarn Online Store for $562.00.

Other Dash Cams

vlad32
vlad32Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great camera.

After an eBay generic that failed less than 12 month, I got a mini 0806, which although was a lot better than the eBay generic ones, the GPS took time to lock and after 3 years has died. I stumbled upon autobahn sale and snatched a bargain. GPS locks in about 30 seconds and parking mode with the power magic pro is handy. Only down side I can think of is its size which is more than twice that of the mini 0806 and only has one card slot.

Purchased in April 2019 at Autobarn Online Store for $505.00.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi Vlad32, thanks for taking the time to leave a review and thanks for choosing BlackVue. If you ever need any help or assistance please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
Tom.

Dash Cams

Find out how BlackVue DR900S-1CH (1 Channel) compares to other Dash Cams

Harvey
HarveyMelbourne

Feels more secure

I'm am reaching my senior years so I wanted a product that would be easy to install and operate. The BlackVue ticked both those boxes and now it just operates in the background with just a small amount of maintenance each month.

Purchased in April 2019 at Autobarn for $600.00.

Brilliant

Don’t waste your money buying cheaper brands as I did, the DR900S-1CH is simply the best. Day time video clarity is I believe second to none and the night time clarity would with out a doubt be the best I’ve seen. I self installed using the PMP by just following the install instructions & video, easy as.Everything else from mounting the dash cam to viewing the recorded video is a breeze, only taking a few trips to adjust the settings to my liking. I brought the 1ch model because of the dark tinting on the rear window on my 4X4, so the only criticism that I have is that a rear camera can’t be added later on if I require one, (maybe this could be looked at by BlackVue for future models). Overall this is a brilliant dash cam.
Wayne Ellis

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Good picture but terrible cloud connectivity

Recently purchased 4k BlackVue DR900S dash cam. The picture quality is excellent. However, I have had no end of trouble trying to connect remotely and use the cloud (which is what I wanted - rather than physically removing replacing a memory card). While the camera itself is ok - they have not got remote access or cloud capability right. I do not reccomend this product if remote access or upload to cloud is important.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi DC Syd, just wondering if you have had a chance to reach out to our support team so they could assist you in getting your camera to connect to the Cloud correctly?
James.

DC7
DC7Perth, WA

Blackvue Dashcam - Superior Product

Checked out multiple dashcams and in the end settled for the Blackvue 900s.

If you want superior video quality (day & night) with excellent features and user friendly this should be the camera of choice.

Was that impressed with the dashcam, I have booked in my second car to get the same camera.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi DC7, thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we're glad to hear how happy you are and that you've purchased a second unit.
Thanks again,