BMW S1000R

BMW S1000R

See the Best Super Sport Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

theaussiedon

theaussiedonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great bike, reliability is an issue 2018 model

I purchased a brand new 2018 s1000r sport late May. The bike is absolutely amazing! I easily clocked up the first 1000kms in a week of pure riding bliss. I have had an issue that made the bike unrideable, the fuel pump failed. Bike has 3000kms on it. Now I'd be livid if it wasn't for what I would consider the best customer service I have ever had. My local BMW dealership in Brisbane have bent over backwards too get to the bottom of the problem. Parts are being flown in from Germany and they have provided me a loan bike for the duration. Outstanding customer service. I'm sure once the bike is back (now been 2 weeks) I can give it the full 5 stars.

Purchased in May 2019 at Morgan and wacker BMW for $21,990.00.

Noise Level

Suspension
Frank 3

Frank 3Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

An all round super bike

I have had the 2018 for 3 months. I have had super sports bikes before, and wish i had switched to this bike earlier. It is a quick and easy bike to ride. It has all the super bike features with the added comfort and ride-ability from a fun weekend track or country ride to a daily weekday commute to work.
It has power & torque throughout the ranges.
There is a minor con being; not as easy to filter through tight traffic because of the wider handle bars. Apart from that, it is a fun & predictable bike to ride

Date PurchasedMay 2018
CLM

CLMPerth

Brilliant

Believe it or not I swapped my 2017 s1000rr for the s1000r! It is user friendly, handles great, and fast. While not as terrifying as the RR, it's much better on the streets. The low end grunt is superb as is the up/down quick shifter. I love the way it can be chucked on its side in perfect safety. It brakes like a demon and corners like it's on rails. Fantastic bike.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

rob D.

rob D.Gold Coast

Fantastic bike

This is a very impressive motorcycle. It is a good mix of brute power and excellent handling tamed by selectable rider modes that make it (comparatively) a very safe bike. Probably the best naked bike I have ridden.

Wiffaasked

I am thinking about trading for the S1000r, the R1250RS is not due until Sept. I will be having a ride next week. This will be my last bike and will be doing some long trips and considering the comfort seat & Touring Screen. Does any have comments on the Touring Screen & Seat functionally for the long rides.

End User

I have comfort seat from BMW and Wunderlich touring screen. I come from sportsbikes so it’s much more comfortable for me. If you are from ADV background I am not sure how you will find the R because the riding triangle is sportier than GS. If you are coming from sportsbikes then you will appreciate the comfort.

Seat comfort depends on bum pressure points and rider posture and height determines screen protection. I guess once you buy a bike you will find ways to customise it for more comfort.

I have done 5000kms of sports touring through winding roads in 10 days with 15kg luggage.

Wiffa

Na Cruisers, Harleys, etc & now F800GT so I a tipping a dramatic change in all respects. Have a test next week with the screen fitted.

Thankyou Wiffa

End User

Good luck mate. Any Questions shoot it.

Get an answer from our members and BMW representatives

CategorySuper Sport Bikes