Yamaha YZF-R1

See the Best Super Sport Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

NaIve AS EVER

NaIve AS EVER

Yamaha YZF-R1

2004, Model S,. I think Yamaha is king of motorcycles. Best running, smoothest running bike I have. Maintenance interval for valve lash check is highest of all bikes (25,000 miles). Top speed is above 180 mph. No regrets . Fairing panels are relatively easy to remove and install. All the makers need to remove the excessive maintenance.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Dig

DigSydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent for track days, pretty good on the road.

Get one, she'll never let you down and will turn heads.

rob77Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unbelievable machine but....

JCWAus

JCWAus

Good

Great bike, sprocket change helps redeem some of that low down power. Gotta love those headlights. Very reliable I used the bike to commuts, country runs and fairly regular track use, never let me down. Owned for just over a year and 25,000 kms. Sadly the bike hit a Hyundai and came off second best. I'd recommend the R1 as a great bike.
Great performance and fun on the road and track. Easy to source aftermarket parts. Looks hot and sounds great. Reliable just as easy to ride in peak hour traffic as it is to ride on the track.
Lacks the low down power from the start that the earlier models had.

Monyet_Bodo

Monyet_Bodo

This bike is a recommend buy for everyone. It is a one powerful engine which makes this bike a road killer. I would even like to buy a bike like this when i have the money. I would rate this bike a 5/5
You gotta love the looks, feel, power, colour of this bike. It is very fast and runs like a thunder bolt. It is easy to handle when going around the corner. The design of this bike looks really cool. It is a cheap for a fast bike like this one.
Theres nothing that i dislike about this bike.

dana wills

dana willsasked

My first and only bike was a 250rr cbr that was great fun about 8 years ago and I hav not done any riding since. Now im thinkn about getting a 09 r1 in white with the red frame witch i hav always love that colour,but people r sayn im crazy and some say get it because the r1 is such a great bike. I'm worryed because one i havent done any riding 4 a long time and two is that im only 55kgs am i going 2 be able 2 ride a r1 with out it wanting 2 flip me. Please help me out?

rob77

Hey Dana, personally the r1 is a bit of a pig on road, Track days or just thrashing nothing beats it, but if you want to do long rides seriously keep away . On flipping it it's one of those things on how you ride, full throttle drop clutch and your on your ass, you will never use all that power unless your pushing over 130 clicks. I've got a hayabusa now which i can ride all day, same thing everyone said I'm crazy blah blah blah you don't have to ride it hard to get good power its just nice to know its there. Being as light as you are have a look at R6 or gsxr 600-750 great bikes and you can use the power. I also swear by Honda cbr 1000 and 600 not as much punch but they do everything perfectly. The 09 R1 has the big bang engine sounds like a Ducati when it's got pipes. Go out and test them all! I rode 12 bikes before buying my busa a few months ago. Try triumph speed triple, gsx750r both naked bikes but awesome fun, sports try any cbr very comfy. Hope I helped!

Get an answer from our members and Yamaha Motor representatives