Yamaha YZF-R3

Yamaha YZF-R3

See the Best Super Sport Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

asherlaide

asherlaideMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect first bike. Amazing handling.

Purchased in March 2018 at Yamaha World for $5,500.00.

Noise Level
Suspension

John

John

2017 Yamaha YZF R3 Review

I bought my 2017 YZF R3 brand new on the 15th Dec 2017. Today it’s the 3rd Feb 2018. I’ve done 2100 kms on it in less than two months.
My god, what a bike!
I’ve put a tale tidy on it and the Akrapovic slip on exhaust for $399 here in Sydney.
It’s had its first 1000km service.
This bike goes like the clappers when you know how to ride it (took me a while to understand it plus it needs the break in period of 1600kms or so).
I got the blue colour and it turns heads everywhere. I’ve only seen a black one on the streets. It’s a rare bike. Mostly I see ninjas or hyhusongs.
This bike is a dream. Can’t say much more. If you’re looking for a mechanical break down, don’t bother. It’s at the top of its class.
Love it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
mafr0

mafr0South East Queensland, QLD

Amazing LAMS bike!

So impressed with the Yamaha R3. Not being the most experienced rider when it comes to non-LAMS bikes, I can't say how it could compares to the big bikes, but I'm amazed at how much bike I'm getting out of this ripper of a machine! I honestly can't see how I'll ever want or need to upgrade as this things keeps my wow-factor well satisfied. Having riding mainly Honda LAMS bikes, this thing is just so much more fun and keen to thrill. My only negative with the bike is the mirrors - I ended up buying extender spacers to get better vision. All in all, fabulous bike, don't know why you'd bother with the heavier restricted 600cc+ LAMS bikes. Can't recommend the R3 more!

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Alan Dunn

Alan DunnMAITLAND

Great LAMS bike

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Mustafa

MustafaVic

Really nice ride in summer

This bike is a really nice bike to ride in summer. I've been riding for approx. 2 years now and it is a great first bike for learner to learn on. having said that, if you live in a windy city, I'd recommend that you get a heavier bike as you'd be feeling the wind pressure.

Ahmad N

Ahmad NSydney

Excellent LAMS bike for both beginners and aspiring 300cc racers.

Duckduck

DuckduckSydney

Great learner's bike

The Yamaha R3 is a good bike for leaners, as a first bike. It is extremely easy to control and maneuver. The breaks are very forgiving, which is especially helpful for new riders.

ROKU

ROKUWestern Australia

CRAZY FUN BIKE !

My wife bought one of these and asked me to pick it up and take it home for her. By the time I got home, 60 k's later, wanted one ! Great little bike. They say you get what you pay for but in this case, well I think you get more for your money than anyone thinks. I normally ride super bikes, this ain't one of those, but it's a FUN bike and behaves like a decent bike at all times. A pleasure to ride and pretty well made from what we can see so far !

Kevin

KevinMelbourne

Can't get off it

Roley

RoleyAdelaide

YZF-R3 composed and capable

Paul E

Paul E

Great commuter with enough power and tank range to tour

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Best learned legal supersport out there!

I bought this bike around 3 months ago and have loved it eversince! It's an absolute beast for a 320cc bike and will not disappoint. Would recommend it over any other 300cc learned bike. Even the KTM rc390 as the KTM is only single cylinder and overheats even when you test ride it!

Tw586

Tw586Sydney

all that is needed in one package