Yamaha YZF-R3

Yamaha YZF-R3

See the Best Super Sport Bikes in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Yamaha YZF-R3? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.9
  • Handling

R3 fan
R3 fanNew South Wales

Good little bike

I bought my R3 new in 2018. I’ve put 12000km on it, servicing every 5000km. I’ve been riding for 6 years and have mostly ridden 250cc and smaller bikes, often thinking I would like a bigger bike but I am honestly very happy with this one. Most of my ride to work is speed limited to 80 or less so I can’t justify getting a bigger bike. The R3 has plenty of power for what I need. No problem sitting on 110km/hr freeway speeds though - maintains revs at about 7500. I typically get between 350-400 km a tank (95 ULP) which I think is very good. I haven’t modified it in any way - I just treat it gently and look after it.

Sayed F.
Sayed F.Sydney, NSW

The best LAMS supersport bike but...

Purchased in at On Two Wheels for $6,666.

asherlaide
asherlaideMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect first bike. Amazing handling.

Purchased in at Yamaha World for $5,500.

John
John

2017 Yamaha YZF R3 Review

I bought my 2017 YZF R3 brand new on the 15th Dec 2017. Today it’s the 3rd Feb 2018. I’ve done 2100 kms on it in less than two months.
My god, what a bike!
I’ve put a tale tidy on it and the Akrapovic slip on exhaust for $399 here in Sydney.
It’s had its first 1000km service.
This bike goes like the clappers when you know how to ride it (took me a while to understand it plus it needs the break in period of 1600kms or so).
I got the blue colour and it turns heads everywhere. I’ve only seen a black one on the streets. It’s a rare bike. Mostly I see ninjas or hyhusongs.
This bike is a dream. Can’t say much more. If you’re looking for a mechanical break down, don’t bother. It’s at the top of its class.
Love it.

mafr0
mafr0South East Queensland, QLD

Amazing LAMS bike!

So impressed with the Yamaha R3. Not being the most experienced rider when it comes to non-LAMS bikes, I can't say how it could compares to the big bikes, but I'm amazed at how much bike I'm getting out of this ripper of a machine! I honestly can't see how I'll ever want or need to upgrade as this things keeps my wow-factor well satisfied. Having riding mainly Honda LAMS bikes, this thing is just so much more fun and keen to thrill. My only negative with the bike is the mirrors - I ended up buying extender spacers to get better vision. All in all, fabulous bike, don't know why you'd bother with the heavier restricted 600cc+ LAMS bikes. Can't recommend the R3 more!

Alan Dunn
Alan DunnMAITLAND

Great LAMS bike

Mustafa
MustafaVic

Really nice ride in summer

This bike is a really nice bike to ride in summer. I've been riding for approx. 2 years now and it is a great first bike for learner to learn on. having said that, if you live in a windy city, I'd recommend that you get a heavier bike as you'd be feeling the wind pressure.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Ahmad N
Ahmad NSydney

Excellent LAMS bike for both beginners and aspiring 300cc racers.

Duckduck
DuckduckSydney

Great learner's bike

The Yamaha R3 is a good bike for leaners, as a first bike. It is extremely easy to control and maneuver. The breaks are very forgiving, which is especially helpful for new riders.

ROKU
ROKUWestern Australia

CRAZY FUN BIKE !

My wife bought one of these and asked me to pick it up and take it home for her. By the time I got home, 60 k's later, wanted one ! Great little bike. They say you get what you pay for but in this case, well I think you get more for your money than anyone thinks. I normally ride super bikes, this ain't one of those, but it's a FUN bike and behaves like a decent bike at all times. A pleasure to ride and pretty well made from what we can see so far !

Kevin
KevinGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can't get off it

Roley
RoleyAdelaide

YZF-R3 composed and capable

Paul E
Paul E

Great commuter with enough power and tank range to tour

Purchased in for $7,995.

Best learned legal supersport out there!

I bought this bike around 3 months ago and have loved it eversince! It's an absolute beast for a 320cc bike and will not disappoint. Would recommend it over any other 300cc learned bike. Even the KTM rc390 as the KTM is only single cylinder and overheats even when you test ride it!

Tw586
Tw586Sydney

all that is needed in one package