2Bondi Sands Liquid Gold Self Tanning Oil

Causes Irritation Yes · No
Stains ClothesYes · No
3.0
4.3
Smell
4.1
4.9
4.1
Brand Manager for Bondi Sands? Claim your listing.

Bozza2caroline
Bozza2caroline

Skin irratation

After years of using fake tans I thought I'd treat myself to the Australian gold bondi sands liquid gold with coconut scent £15

I prepared my skin as directed and applied all over, within a few hours our been dried I was very itchy, dry red an blotchy red rashes particularly on the forearms legs and ankles.
To my disappointment hardly a sun kissed tan look hardly no change in my tan either.
Very dissapointed, the irritation lasted the week , I was constantly applying a medicated dry skin moisturiser to soothe my irrated dry skin
Was not worth the money Show details

Colour
Smell
Ease of Application
Maddie Mouse
Maddie MouseSouth East Queensland, QLD16 posts
Dee
DeeSydney, NSW12 posts

Holly D.
Holly D.

Not for people with sensitive skin!

The application was easy & I enjoyed the color, however both my little one & I (I didn’t apply it on her but she’s near me often) broke out in a rash. If you have a baby/toddler that likes to snuggle or you have sensitive skin I wouldn’t recommend it. Show details
Hannah B
Hannah BPerth2 posts

Liquid gold Bondi sands

I am not allergic to anything and this is the first time ever I’ve used anything and got a painful Rash from it! I tried it
Once more a month later and got the same rash ... Show details
Smell
Ease of Application
Tess_x
Tess_xSydney Surrounds, NSW33 posts

Quite Impressed

I have very fair skin and have tried various self-tanning products with no success. I saw the Bondi Sands Liquid Gold featured as the number 1 recommended self-tanning product in a magazine, and after reading a few reviews, I thought I'd give it a go.

A nice natural looking tan is what I was after, and it delivered. Easy to apply (I use the mitt), just go easy on dry skin areas.

The only minor negatives for me is it takes a while to dry (about 2 hours) and can feel a little sticky. The smell when applied is quite pleasant although I find that as it develops, it changes a little and gets stronger. In saying that, it's a small price to pay for great colour.

I will absolutely keep using it!! Show details

Colour
Smell
Ease of Application
Jo B.
Jo B.15 posts

1 hr still sticky & Developed orange

Bought the foam. Develops very bright orange & dark stained elbows, knees or anywhere slightly dry skin. No guide color but it doesn't stain clothes. Takes ages to dry and feels very sticky & uncomfortable & strong coconut smell but not the fake tan smell. Stays on for a week but just the orange color let's it down unfortunately & drying time. I have fair skin. Have used most tanning products.
10 mins to apply
An hour approximately to dry Show details
Smell
Ease of Application
Sus F
Sus FGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Dries skin

The color was amazing and I received many compliments, however I have really dry skin and this product dried it out even more, I was itchy and my skin felt very uncomfortable. I will have to go back to the normal Bondi Sands tan as the Liquid Gold doesn't work well with my skin. Show details
Colour
Smell
Ease of Application
Nicole
NicoleGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

Best tan for dry skin

If you must use tan like myself and struggle with eczema this is absolutely my favourite tan! It doesn’t bunch in dry patches and is 10/10 I absolutely love it! Show details
cameron
cameronSydney, NSW

gives allergic reaction

i really liked the result of this product, however i have received a severe rash all over my body little red itchy bumps my eyelids were swollen red and peeling so i don't think i can use it again. Show details
Colour
Smell
Ease of Application
Rylea K.
Rylea K.

Laura
LauraBerkeley vale5 posts

Ok but takes a while to dry

Applying wasn’t bad but definitely had to be careful around the knees and elbows, so the tan would be even. Drying took ages, maybe around 2hrs. The tan turns out good but the mousse is definitely quicker and easier to use.

Eva
Eva

Turned Green after use

After trying this product, my skin turned Green. This is the second time i used it, as I thought maybe i did something wrong the first time. I followed instructions on the bottle, but my skin, still turned Green. I was mortified. I could not go out until the Green faded which took 2 days and 2 showers. Would not recommend it. Also, it does stain your sheets and clothes, regardless what the bottle says. it does stain.

Paloma p
Paloma pSydney3 posts

Game changer!

As a religious fake tanner (1-2 times a week) I can’t believe I haven’t discovered this sooner. It has a very light non offensive smell and dries very quickly so you don’t have wait too long before getting dressed. It has a light non sticky feel so you don’t feel gross. Best of all it does not stain bed sheets or clothes. The colour seems green based and gives a nice golden colour. Very easy to rub in with a mit and not streaky. It fades nicely and doesn’t go patchy. Seriously the best fake tan product I’ve ever used!!!

Makayla
MakaylaBlacktown

Not sure if I’d yous it again

This product made my whole body and face a really dark orange, I followed all the steps and not sure if I stuffed anything up but I’m really disappointed in this product :((