Bondi Sands Liquid Gold

Bondi Sands Liquid Gold

See the Best Self-Tanning Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bondi Sands? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Causes Irritation Yes (5) · No (2)
  • Stains ClothesYes (2) · No (4)
  • Colour
  • Smell
  • Ease of Application
  • Coverage

Not for people with sensitive skin!

The application was easy & I enjoyed the color, however both my little one & I (I didn’t apply it on her but she’s near me often) broke out in a rash. If you have a baby/toddler that likes to snuggle or you have sensitive skin I wouldn’t recommend it.

Purchased in May 2020.

Hannah B
Hannah BPerth

Liquid gold Bondi sands

I am not allergic to anything and this is the first time ever I’ve used anything and got a painful Rash from it! I tried it
Once more a month later and got the same rash ...

Purchased in December 2019 for $20.00.

Tess_x
Tess_xSydney Surrounds, NSW

Quite Impressed

I have very fair skin and have tried various self-tanning products with no success. I saw the Bondi Sands Liquid Gold featured as the number 1 recommended self-tanning product in a magazine, and after reading a few reviews, I thought I'd give it a go.

A nice natural looking tan is what I was after, and it delivered. Easy to apply (I use the mitt), just go easy on dry skin areas.

The only minor negatives for me is it takes a while to dry (about 2 hours) and can feel a little sticky. The smell when applied is quite pleasant although I find that as it develops, it changes a little and gets stronger. In saying that, it's a small price to pay for great colour.

I will absolutely keep using it!!

Purchased in January 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $11.99.

Jo B.
Jo B.

1 hr still sticky & Developed orange

Bought the foam. Develops very bright orange & dark stained elbows, knees or anywhere slightly dry skin. No guide color but it doesn't stain clothes. Takes ages to dry and feels very sticky & uncomfortable & strong coconut smell but not the fake tan smell. Stays on for a week but just the orange color let's it down unfortunately & drying time. I have fair skin. Have used most tanning products.
10 mins to apply
An hour approximately to dry

Purchased in September 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $19.99.

Sus F
Sus FGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dries skin

The color was amazing and I received many compliments, however I have really dry skin and this product dried it out even more, I was itchy and my skin felt very uncomfortable. I will have to go back to the normal Bondi Sands tan as the Liquid Gold doesn't work well with my skin.

Nicole
NicoleGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best tan for dry skin

If you must use tan like myself and struggle with eczema this is absolutely my favourite tan! It doesn’t bunch in dry patches and is 10/10 I absolutely love it!

Purchased in August 2019 at Priceline for $14.99.

cameron
cameronSydney, NSW

gives allergic reaction

i really liked the result of this product, however i have received a severe rash all over my body little red itchy bumps my eyelids were swollen red and peeling so i don't think i can use it again.

Purchased in February 2019 at Woolworths for $20.00.

It actually works!

Laura
LauraBerkeley vale

Ok but takes a while to dry

Applying wasn’t bad but definitely had to be careful around the knees and elbows, so the tan would be even. Drying took ages, maybe around 2hrs. The tan turns out good but the mousse is definitely quicker and easier to use.

Turned Green after use

After trying this product, my skin turned Green. This is the second time i used it, as I thought maybe i did something wrong the first time. I followed instructions on the bottle, but my skin, still turned Green. I was mortified. I could not go out until the Green faded which took 2 days and 2 showers. Would not recommend it. Also, it does stain your sheets and clothes, regardless what the bottle says. it does stain.

Paloma p
Paloma pSydney

Game changer!

As a religious fake tanner (1-2 times a week) I can’t believe I haven’t discovered this sooner. It has a very light non offensive smell and dries very quickly so you don’t have wait too long before getting dressed. It has a light non sticky feel so you don’t feel gross. Best of all it does not stain bed sheets or clothes. The colour seems green based and gives a nice golden colour. Very easy to rub in with a mit and not streaky. It fades nicely and doesn’t go patchy. Seriously the best fake tan product I’ve ever used!!!

Makayla
MakaylaBlacktown

Not sure if I’d yous it again

This product made my whole body and face a really dark orange, I followed all the steps and not sure if I stuffed anything up but I’m really disappointed in this product :((

Betty
BettyMelbourne

Difficult to apply.

The spray bottle is messy and the colour is not natural at all. There’s definitely better products in the market. I have had to scrub the bathroom clean after using this product as it went everywhere and nearly stained the bath.

SOPHIE
SOPHIEEchuca

The mousse is way better

Krystal
KrystalBrisbane

Ahh mazing

I've always used the bondi sand dark tanning foam but thought I've give the liquid gold a go. It comes in a stylish black and gold bottle, with a convenient pump. Must apply with the bondi sand tanning mitt as it stains easily. The tan was streak free, fast drying and smelt amazing. Nil organizeness. It gave a nice natural looking tan in less than 15 minutes. The tan lasted approx 5 days, and no shower was required after applying.