Bookabin.com.au

Bookabin.com.au

See the Best Rubbish Removals in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Hidden costs

Booked a skip through bookabin, you need to pay for the service before you find out who the supplier is, you need to pay for a permit direct to the supplier, the supplier can charge you anything they like for the permit (in my case they charged double the council fee), if you don't agree with what they will charge you, you have to pay a cancellation fee.

Job Satisfaction

Totally unprofessional no customer service skills

Ordered a small skip to be delivered on small truck in order to get through driveway. Driver arrived on wide truck couldn't get through drivrwsy. Had to pay for wasted fee. Complained to Bookabin who paid Kwikskips and took their fee. Gave me remainder. So I paid over 200 for skip I never had. Wouldn't recommend

Job Satisfaction

Spot on - arranging the skip was the easiest part of the clean up

Bookabin worked as promised. Bin arrived at 630am the following morning. Driver was very helpful in positioning it. They even generously agreed to pick it up a day later at no additional charge. Bookabin was so easy. Im now a bit dubious about all the negative reviews here - a bit fishy I think.

Hi Steve. Thanks so much for your positive feedback and good vibes. We're happy that you're happy, and we're looking forward to your next booking. Many thanks - bookabin team.

So Far so Good

Had 2 bins so far from book a bin, different suppliers each time and have bee cautious with the weight limits. Only paid what I was told so far and they have delivered and picked up on time each time.

Wrongly charged- via online booking

I booked a skip bin via online, yesterday for 2 cubic meter. Website indicated $199 for delivery on 04 March 2019 and pick up on 05 March 2019 for garden waste.

They even have not come and they charged me $440 stating 6 cubic meter on email invoice. This is very scam from online booking.

I called them and left voicemail and emailed but no reply.

How do I get $241 refund ?? Or even $440 if they do not show up tomorrow.

We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us and we apologise for the inconvenience we have caused you. From our understanding, you had contacted us on Sunday afternoon with your concern, however there was no one in the office to take your call & by the time we received your message on Monday, the supplier had already delivered your bin. From looking at our records, a 6 meter skip bin was ordered & the website doesn't have the capacity to override the information our customers put in. We have emailed with you concerning this & again, we apologise for the inconvenience. The BookaBin Team

DO NOT BOOK WITH THESE PEOPLE

Same experience as previous review. Booked and no show. Contacted the “supplier” as per confirmation email and said it wasn’t his business and he knows nothing about the booking. I’ve contacted Bookabin but business closed until 7th Jan. I will continue to follow up until I receive a refund, take legal action if necessary - these businesses should not be allowed to operate.

Dear T.J, We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us and we apologise for the inconvenience we have caused you. Some of our suppliers had scheduling conflicts round the Christmas period that we were not aware of and this meant that unfortunately some of our bins weren't delivered. If we were notified of this, you would have received a refund. If you have not received a refund, please contact us at admin@bookabin.com.au and we'll get you sorted. Again, we apologise for the trouble. The BookaBin Team

Do NOT book through these scam artists

I booked a bin for this morning which still hasn’t arrived. I contacted the supplier - (as per the instruction on the confirmation email)- and they knew nothing about it! They are not even open for business over this new year period which means I will have to pay for another skip - (yay! Another $300 after Xmas!) because the message bank at bookabin says they’re not even available until the 7th of January. So how they were able to confirm and charge for a service which they are clearly unable to provide is just criminal.
They should be deregisteted as a business. Do not use then

Dear LisaAndrew, We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us and we apologise for the inconvenience we have caused you. Some of our suppliers had scheduling conflicts round the Christmas period that we were not aware of and this meant that unfortunately some of our bins weren't delivered. If we were notified of this, you would have received a refund. If you have not received a refund, please contact us at admin@bookabin.com.au and we'll get you sorted. Again, we apologise for the trouble. The BookaBin Team

Extra hidden charges

I wish I had read these terrible reviews before I had booked! I brought to bookabins attention that the company they sent out (The easy gardener skip aka skip bin brisbane aka garden bags brisbane aka 4 waste garden bags brisbane - as if that's not dodgy enough to have several company name headers for one company) that once booked on the bookabin site that they try to charge additional cost which are triple the costs to that on the bookabin site AND their own site.
Thinking I am doing them a courtesy to not have such companies on their site while I take up the dispute with the actually company I get a not compassionate and terrible customer service reply from a [name removed]. Absolutely disgraceful customer service. I had no intentions of leaving bookabin a bad review, as I see it they are the middle man, but after their filthy response here I am.

Hi Jamie, We would like to extend our sincerest apologies regarding the issues that you have faced during your experience with us, its a failure on our part in serving you. We aim to maintain the highest quality standards for our customers, but clearly that has not happened here. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and we will definitely take it on board. The BookaBin Team

Slow to deliver and even slower to pick up

Booked a bin for 4 days. Missed half of the first day because it wasn't delivered until after lunch. It's now 4 days past the pick up date and I'm still waiting for the bin to be picked. Bookabin admin advice? Contact the supplier, the details are on the booking confirmation. They had my name and address, but needed an invoice number to do anything for me....really!! Contacted the supplier, and the bin possibly will get picked up today or tomorrow. My advice is to cut out the middle man (bookabin) and go straight to the supplier....that's bookabin's advice as well. Not sure how they expect to make this business model work with such poor after sale service.

Hi Glen. Our apologies for your poor service and will discuss the issue with our team. Thank you for your feedback.

Total ripoff

The information and concept of additional charging is deceptive. Total scam. First and lasr time will be used. Never again....

We’re sorry to hear about your bad experience. We’re normally known for our exceptional attention to detail. We regret that the information regarding term & conditions has been missed. We’ll are looking into presenting the information differently.

The Bad reviews speak for themselves... go elsewhere!

Wish I saw this before I booked.
Worst service ever - Dodgey company that charges extra fees and skims off everyones credit card. Refused to provide Tax Invoice.
Complaint lodged with ACCC and ATO for their dodgey trading practices.
Go elsewhere!!

We want to sincerely apologise for your negative experience. However, we'd like to learn more about your situation and what exactly happened. We want to make things right. So, please give us email us at admin@bookabin.com.au and we will get back to you promptly. We look forward to hearing from you and earning you back your business.

Scam, scam, scam

Wish I had read the reviews before I booked. 4cubic meter bin. Charged a great price. Came to pick up and was told I had to pay extra $100 as over 600kg. Not even close to that amount. If anyone starts an investigation, happy to help.

Dear Roula, we would like to extend our sincerest apologies concerning the issue that you have faced. We are wondering if a weighbridge docket provided by the supplier?

Absolute crooks

I have had the worst experience dealing with this company. They deliver bins bigger than what you ordered and then charge you for it and then threaten you with collection action and other costs if you do not pay for the bigger bin. They need to be investigated. Don't DEAL with them EVER.

Dear Rick, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Firstly we want to apologize to you for any problem that you have faced because of this, we want to tell you that we take customer feedback very seriously. Some suppliers have one bin size and volumes are marked on the bins. If waste exceeds the level, usually the suppliers informs the client. If this didn't happen we will work on rectifying this miscommunication.

Delivered what was ordered collected a few days late

Bookabin are a booking agent only, and as far as I can tell did a good job of allocating the job. In my case the job was allocated to Roo Bins in Croydon and they dropped of exactly on time. Pickup was late since they had a truck under repair over the new year period (new parts were clearly visible on the truck that eventually came to do the pickup so they were not bullshitting :-)

Dropping a single star from the rating of bookabin because their customer service can be a little useless when I talked to them a while back about whether paints and oils can be placed in a skip.

Hi Richard. Thank you. The team here at bookabin.com.au is thrilled to hear such good feedback.

Weight surcharge scam

We ordered a 4m bin, which had a weight limit allowance of 600kg, with a surcharge levied if the weight of the material is above this allowance. We placed no more than 200kg of paver offcuts in the bin and the remainder was comprised of cardboard from furniture wrapping as well as some polystyrene. I would estimate the total weight at 400kg. After the bin was collected and dumped we were charged an extra $140 (almost the cost of the bin itself) as apparently the contents were weighed at 960kg. This would not have been possible. Someone involved in the chain is doing the wrong thing. If you do decide to use them, either weigh the material you're dumping or take photos as you fill the bin.

Dear SBW, We are deeply sorry that you have had a negative experience with us. We aim to maintain the highest quality standards for our customers, but clearly that has not happened here. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and we will definitely keep it in mind for future collections. The BookaBin Team

don’t Use! Craphouse!

Booked a bin online, paid. No bin and no answer from supplier regarding why. Unable to contact bookabin or the supplier from Roo Bins,!! Put in request to bank to reverse the charges on my card! I should’ve read the reviews first!!

We would like to extend our sincerest apologies concerning all the issues that you have faced. However, we'd like to learn more about your situation and what exactly happened. You can reach out to us via email on admin@bookabin.com.au

Worst service ever. Bordering on scam artists

Ordered a skip. Call from supplier day before to tell me about extra hidden costs. Went ahead anyway.
Couldn't fit truck down my driveway so didn't get the skip in the end. Supplier told me to contact book a bin for refund.
One week later I have consulted with consumer affairs and lodged a reversal of payment with my bank because no-one will answer the phone or respond to emails at book a bin.
Worst experience ever.
Wish i had seen these reviews before I booked.

Hi Ana, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us and we apologise for the lack of communication on our end and any inconvenience that may have been caused. Your feedback will definitely be take on board. The BookaBin Team

Awful aggressive service! Website price not honoured.

I ordered a medium sized skip bin - delighted that for 4 weeks it was only going to set me back $160. What arrived on my front lawn when I wasn't home was a TINY deflated pink bag. I have photos if you want me to send them. I was actually convinced this was a funny mix up - shocked to find upon contacting them that they were blaming me - saying of course you can't get a skip for 4 weeks at that price and of course it would be a bag. I would have gone to book-a-bag if that is what I wanted. My invoice clearly states that I ordered a Skip Bin. Still struggling to get my money back, at best they want to withold a $30 admin fee for causing me all this grief.

Dear LunchtimeReviewer, We would like to extend our sincerest apologies concerning all the issues that you have faced and we are saddened to hear that you have not been treated properly. We aim to maintain the highest quality standards for our customers, but we completely understand that our reputation is not something we should hide behind. Thank you for communicating these issues to us and we will definitely take them on board. The BookaBin Team

Lies, Scam, waste of time!

Please never ever anyone out there use bookabin.com. We ordered a bin to be delivered on a Wednesday, nothing arrived by 4pm. Tried to call contractor who asked if he could call me later via text. After hassling him he gave me the number for his driver [name removed] who estimated dropoff at 7pm. No good to us! Then text me saying he was broken down and bin would be delivered next day. My husband called from a different number 13 times. He said he couldn't answer because he was driving. We ended up cancelling and thank goodness no money was taken and I was able to cancel my card because I do not trust them for a minute! Our contractor was called [name removed]. Terrible people and a terrible business.

Hi Julia, Thank you for bringing your issue to our attention. We are very sorry that you received a negative experience. We aim to maintain the highest standards of service for our customers and we apologise for the poor performance, its a failure on our part in serving you. Thank you for the evaluation and we will definitely take it on board for future pick ups. The BookaBin Team2 years to reply?

Continuous lies. Wasted a good weekend waiting for a non existent bin to be delivered. Avoid these

Contacted Harpers Bin Hire thru BookaBin website.

Can’t believe we have been mucked around by BookaBin and Harpers Bin Hire.
I rang to confirm on the day I received confirmation email.
Harpers acknowledged.

I rang on Thursday morning at 7am to confirm delivery of the bin that day.
Said they would ring me back.

I rang yet again on Thursday at 12noon
Said they would ring me back

I rang yet again on Thursday at 1pm.

They said they have been trying to ring.
The number on this confirmation was correct.
I had left my number multiple times.
We have an auto divert to answering service.
No message was left.

They finally said the bin was on the truck to be delivered that afternoon.

It wasn’t.

Friday was a holiday.

We were to have the bin filled by this morning.

I just got off the phone and they told me the bin was not to be delivered because they needed a $10 charge of every 100KG over a certain weight.

They claim they have written record informing me of this need.

I don't understand why they would not have told me this on Thursday 7am.
We could have sorted the credit Card number out then and there.
Or at least been informed the bin wasn't going to be delivered.

They have mucked us around constantly and deliberately.
If this is the type of business BooKABin supports then this is bad for both businesses.

I have asked them for a refund and I am asking BookABin for a refund.

I can’t believe they mucked us about like this.

Should have looked for these reviews first.

Hi BarrySumpter, We would like to extend our sincerest apologies for the negative experience you received. We aim to maintain the highest standards of service for our customers, so we are deeply saddened to hear that you had a poor experience with us. We want you to know that we take feedback very seriously and that we will definitely be taking your review on board. The BookaBin Team