Bookfari

Bookfari

1.8

Worst Australian Online Bookshop Ever

I've asked for a refund on my purchase, 6 months later and they still haven't acknowledged or sent a refund. There's no way to contact them other than their email, which they don't answer anyway.
    Take your business somewhere else, there's too much negative energy and time spent following up your order to risk shopping with them.

Scam company

Ordered a book in July...it has not arrived...it is now late September...emailed twice...no response...Booko should not be allowed to list their prices because the product/service doesn't exist.

Peaved
    Peaved

They returned my money 2 days after I wrote this review..thought I should mention that..still will never buy from them again though

steffje

steffjeMelbourne

Bookscam

Don't order from this company. Ordered a book in June, but never received the book. No response to repeated emails. Had to escalate via Paypal to receive my money back. No customer service.

Ian

IanPerth

Bookscam

I ordered a book in early June, its now mid September and still no sign of book. I have written on 2 occasions requesting either my book or a refund, they do not answer. I buy alot of books online, never from these scam artists again.

Still waiting book to arrive

Do not order from this website as ordered book 28/6 no 11/8 - still not here. Have sent several emails and have not had the courtesy to reply to any. Will send a third email next week and if no reply will have to forward details to visa to try and get my money back which they have been very helpful with in the past. Mind you it will be another couple of hours work for me. If the book is just taking a little longer to deliver why just not tell me this as I don't know if it has been lost, delivered to wrong address etc.

Tluacuof Lehcim

Tluacuof LehcimBrisbane

Ordered 2 books, only got one

Ordered 2 books on 6/6/2017 received one after one month.
    delivery man just dropped it out my house. not even bother locking at the door.
    contacted Bookfari asking why the other one not received. after 1 week still no reply.
    I'm just worrying about my credit card number!

Kevin

KevinPerth

Not Recommended

Best price, arrived on time in good condition..

I bought a copy of Climbing Knots from Bookfari, I couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else, I went through a website called Booko that does price comparisons..

The book was coming from their UK warehouse, so took 12 days to arrive. They did say 10-20 business days though, so this was the quicker end of the scale. Same for books I get from Book Depository really, so no complaints there.

Other Book Shops
    topbloke

topbloke

Hopeless online ordering

I tried to order a book but the system came back that there was an error so I thought that the transaction was not processed. I've just my bank account and found that it has been processed twice. These people are too stupid to deal with.

My Book arrived quickly, 10 days

I ordered a book and received a confirmation of order email but a couple of days later still no dispatch email.
    I contacted customer service who kindly confirmed my book had been posted on the purchase date.

Sarah M

Sarah MMelbourne

Poor company policies - Not Customer Focused

chille

chilleMelbourne

Beware this bookseller

Being a seasoned book buyer, I should have known better but they had the book I wanted when others didn't - HA ! but they don't really. Ordered and paid 3 months ago ! On the 24/4/15 they sent me an email saying the book was shipped from the UK supplier and would arrive in 10 - 20 days. It is now 2 months later and no book and waiting for them to respond to my emails.

Interestingly they claim to be all local and Australian and not a big multi-national but in the contact us section, all Corporate enquiries go via Singapore. Hmmmm. Wont be using them ever again.

AndrewSydney

Total waste of time - didn't have my book after screwing my around for a month

Andrew

As a follow up to this review. After talking with Bookfari, they did eventually ship my book, so I received in the end. Albeit 3 weeks after I ordered it, but I did get my book. So it was not a total waste of my time.

Bookfari - takes cash, gives no books

took 2 weeks to tell me they couldn't deliver the goods because they weren't in stock. The refund is in progress... we shall see.

BronRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Dodgy....

BIPBOP

BIPBOPMelbourne

50% success rate

I've made two orders. Both times i ordered two books and only one was delivered. Both times when i've ordered the books it's said they're in stock and they'll be sent in 1-2 working days. Both times i've had to contact bookfari to find out what has happened to the second book - they don't bother to contact me. Both times they've taken the money from my credit card when the book hasn't even been sent!!!! Both times they've had to refund me for the book they haven't sent, weeks after they've supposed to have been delivered. Shan't be using them again.

Jaycee C

Jaycee CSydney, NSW

Bewari of Bookfari

lissybug

lissybugSingleton, New South Wales

I've purchase a few books from here (used and new) and hadn't really had any issues until the last time. I ordered a used book and when I received it, it smelt really strongly of smoke. I sent an email, got a really quick reply telling me to send it back (reply paid!) and then I got a refund. Was all really easy and no fuss. This is a really great policy they have regarding the used books. They are definitely my preferred online bookshop now.
    Great prices, good refund policy
    Some used books might be a bit dodgy but have a good refund policy if not satisfied.

Good company

I was very happy with Bookfari.
    The book I ordered from them arrived quickly, and in good condition. It came in cardboard, so the book couldn't get damaged during transit.
    The book being wrapped in wrapping paper with quotes about books was a nice touch.
    I would definitely order from this website again!
    Cheap, quick, wrapping paper