2Booktopia

4.2

32,838 reviews
Fiona J.
Fiona J.

Dont purchase if the books not in stock

Order a book in early Feb was suppose to receive late March after chasing it up it was rescheduled till early June. Again chased it up saying if still not available l wanted a refund, l was told its still not in supply l again replied l wanted a refund. I received another email with a new delivery date of August. I eventually got through via phone and was able to cancel and have re- ordered the book through another site for the price of the book with free postage so cheaper and it’s already dispatched. Don’t purchase if the books not in stock! Show details
Catherine O
Catherine O

Useless, avoid buying from here

2 months and still no product received (textbook for general surgery exams).
Replacement sent after 1 month but this still not despatched after enquiring another month later. Wouldn’t waste my time, terrible service.
Ccg
CcgGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No communication and vey slow to ship order

...If you don't mind waiting weeks for your order to be shipped. Definitely not fast shipping.
Jim
JimSyd

Website is usable again!

Update: I had an issue using the Booktopia website due to anti robot measures clashing with browser extensions. Initial attempts to report through regular channels were unsuccessful. After posting this review I was contacted and they were able to get to the cause of the problem and resolve it. Very impressed with their tenacity. Perhaps one thing that could be improved would be to show that same tenacity through the regular reporting channel. Show details
Pat T.
Pat T.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA
  Fair Incentive

Good service

Very prompt service, fast postage. Helpful staff. Good variety of books. Show details
Bookworm7 posts

Wait time of 120 days before Booktopia will check on backorder is not proactive customer service

I’ve now been waiting for a $100 book on backorder for 2 months. Understandably, I asked booktopia to double check with the supplier to make sure the book had not been lost in the system and to confirm it was still on order with the supplier.

They refused to do this, advising me that ‘if no delivery estimate has been provided within 120 days, we will contact our supplier for an update’.

Having to wait 3 months to make sure an order has not got lost in the backorder system is too long. It would not take much effort to double check after two months.

Booktopia seems to work for books that are genuinely in stock, but in my experience, for anything else, it’s really not worth the hassle and the disappointment. Show details

Ali
AliGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very bad

I have ordered two books with booktopia recently. The first was over a month before I realised that the order was received, but no further progress. Rang and cancelled order. The second book I ordered was received via email, again, but no further process.
I rang again, cancelled order. Asked about delay, the order might be delayed or processed about six weeks or more from start date of order. Do yourself a favour, and do not order books from this website unless you can wait six weeks or more until delivery, if you are lucky . I will never use this site again to purchase books. In saying so, the people I spoke to when calling for support, and cancelling orders, were very understanding and polite. Show details
Sarah B
Sarah BMetropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

Fast delivery

Fast delivery & book well packaged. I buy lots of books through them. Show details
Naf2 posts

28 days and no order and no communication

Ordered 5 books, waited 18 days and still haven’t received them, send a email enquiry as to where my order was. No reply for ten days. Just automated email. Saying they will be in contact with me shortly. Now trying to get refund after 28 days of no communication and not receiving my order. Hopefully Afterpay will be able to help. All items stated that they were in stock, worse company to deal with. Avoid booktopia.
Naf

Finally got a refund but had to have Afterpay to intervene. Apparently they have a policy that they have 30-35 days to ship your order. But nowhere on their website or when you order does it say that. Absolutely disgusting customer service

Rebecca B
Rebecca BCentral, SA3 posts

Carol Wilson
Carol Wilson3 posts
  Fair Incentive

Well done

Thank you very much for the quick and great service. I would use you in the future. Good prices on the books. Show details
Ken K.
Ken K.7 posts

Book arrived in the end, so no worries

Book arrived just in time, but arrived, as new. Was looking a little touch and go there, but special efforts were made to get it to its destination. Show details
Cranky Alice
Cranky AliceHunter Region, NSW37 posts

Richard M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts
Richard M.

Update - Booktopia have now updated my order and the item is expected on 16/8. A few months later than the preorder release date of 1/5.... Aboslutely appaling behaviour.

Aaa
Aaa

always on backorder and waiting months for delivery

Shows books available to order, but actually they are always on back order and no guaranteed time frame of availability/ delivery.
I have ordered 2 books from this company and one ended up waiting 4 months after order for it to be cancelled and refunded due to them not being able to source if from their suppliers.
currently have another book ordered that was promised to be available for delivery in 2 months and the 2 months have come up and they have said it is still unable to be sourced.
???? why are there books shown available and take my money and cannot source it in the first place?

Noel H.

No pictures appear on the Booktopia website when I open it on my Mac. All the words are there but no illustrations. The site works perfectly on my Android phone, but I don't do commerce on it. I've cleared the cache on my Mac, but no change. Any ideas? I don't have ad blockers or the like. Could it be my anti-virus?

Tanya M
Tanya M

I’m so sorry I can’t answer your question due to being a tech dummy ‍

Booktopia   DM

Hi Noel, thanks for reaching out. I am sorry to hear your having trouble with our website.

It might help if I could take a look at what you are seeing on your end. Would you be able to send us a DM with a screenshot?
- Ethan

How?

Steven
Steven

When I open the booktopia app on my iPhone 13 I get nothing but a white screen. Any troubleshooting advice? I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app but the same problem persists.

Genevieve F.
Genevieve F.

This is happening to me too. White screen is all I get when I open the book on my iPad through the Booktopia App. Any fix?

Rosalba C.
Rosalba C.

I ordered my book on 6th August 2023 and I have not recevied it yet despite being told it was being sent. Customer service is shocking! No one returns emails nor does anyone bothers to pick up the phone. I want my money back. Can someone from Booktopia please contact me?

Booktopia   DM

Hi Rosalba, thank you for your patience. As I mentioned in your review, I have just sent an email to try and help resolve this issue for you. If you need help with anything else, please don't hesitate to be in touch.
- Ethan