2Booktopia

32,802 reviews · Statistics

95% · 31,2241,165 · 4%
Return Claim MadeYes (74) · No (2,363)
4.6 (2,195)
4.3 (1,926)
4.2 (1,837)
See the Best Book Shops in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

32,802 reviews
Arty
Arty2 posts

Efficiently handled

The book order was promptly actioned and delivered. It was well packaged, so no chance of damage.
Vincent W.
Vincent W.

Worth waiting for

After a delay caused by a holdup overseas, once my order arrived in Australia, the process speeded up. I received excellent service from then on, with frequent updates regarding the date & time of the arrival of my book. The packing around the book ensured that it arrived in first-class condition. Show details
Stella R.
Stella R.SACentral, SA

Excellent service!

Received chosen book without delays as usual, and at a good price. Show details
Madu
MaduVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

The service is great as well as the products

I wanted to exchange a book before arriving my order. The staff member ( Aileen) was so helpful and helped me within a day to fix my order and it’s a great help for me as I didn’t want duplicate. Show details
Disappointedcustomer
Disappointedcustomer

Waited for 3+ months

Kept me waiting since October with barely any updates and putting the blame on the supplier. But somehow other stores have it in stock? The final straw to make me refund (should've done it much earlier) was seeing that they're taking orders for the item again yet my order is still nowhere to be seen.

Also would've been nice to get a proper apology. Generic "Sorry to hear you wish to cancel your order" doesn't really cut it after 3 months!

Nicole
NicoleQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

The best beginners study Bible!

Ordered the Life Application NLT Study Bible in coral from here because Koorong and everywhere else was sold out. Arrived quickly (couple of days) and better than I could have imagined!
Maddy W
Maddy WVICSouthwest, VIC

vadi
vadi10 posts

My first and probably last order

On 10 January I ordered three books from Booktopia. I was told that they would be delivered between 5-8 days and I would be advised when they were dispatched. It's now the 25th and I have heard absolutely nothing. In the interim I ordered 2 books from Blackwells and they both have arrived....I would prefer to order Australian but this is a case of "once bitten."
Petendel
PetendelVictoria14 posts
Mischka
MischkaVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts

Great Books

Good selection of new releases and older books and great authors Show details
Gordon J.
Gordon J.2 posts

Booktopia   DM

Hi Gordon, thank you for sharing your feedback. I genuinely apologise for the disappointing experience you had. I would like to review your order a little further. Can you please send through your order number?
- Shanna

Victoria
Victoria8 posts

Books

Books came in excellent condition and promptly. Not all items in stock but sent them when they arrived. Show details
Susan P.
Susan P.

A very happy purchase. Thank you Nick Bryant

I bought "Where America stopped being great." In pristine condition when parcel arrived, despite rain. Thanks to the strong package. The writer is excellent as I thought he would be, being a top journalist. I'm reading the book in sections. I don't want to read it too fast as I might miss something. Perhaps Nick Bryant will make up for the great loss of John Pilger. I am very pleased I saw this book for sale and bought it. Thank you. Sue Piesse
James
James2 posts

Don't trust preorders

Do not preorder. Only order items that are listed as in stock. Booktopia takes more preorders than they can fill and they won't tell you they can't fill it until the actual day of delivery, when they give you a surprise last minute cancellation. If you preorder a new release from them that you know is in high demand, you'll never see it.
Maria Franklin
Maria Franklin2 posts

Noel H.

No pictures appear on the Booktopia website when I open it on my Mac. All the words are there but no illustrations. The site works perfectly on my Android phone, but I don't do commerce on it. I've cleared the cache on my Mac, but no change. Any ideas? I don't have ad blockers or the like. Could it be my anti-virus?

Tanya M
Tanya M

I’m so sorry I can’t answer your question due to being a tech dummy ‍

Booktopia   DM

Hi Noel, thanks for reaching out. I am sorry to hear your having trouble with our website. It might help if I could take a look at what you are seeing on your end. Would you be able to send us a DM with a screenshot?
- Ethan

How?

Steven
Steven

When I open the booktopia app on my iPhone 13 I get nothing but a white screen. Any troubleshooting advice? I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app but the same problem persists.

Genevieve F.
Genevieve F.

This is happening to me too. White screen is all I get when I open the book on my iPad through the Booktopia App. Any fix?

Rosalba C.
Rosalba C.

I ordered my book on 6th August 2023 and I have not recevied it yet despite being told it was being sent. Customer service is shocking! No one returns emails nor does anyone bothers to pick up the phone. I want my money back. Can someone from Booktopia please contact me?

Booktopia   DM

Hi Rosalba, thank you for your patience. As I mentioned in your review, I have just sent an email to try and help resolve this issue for you. If you need help with anything else, please don't hesitate to be in touch.
- Ethan