4.8 from 30,933 reviews

2,322

Morris

MorrisSydney, NSW

First of many purchases

My first time ordering online with Booktopia I found the website easy to navigate. I was kept updated on delivery via text, so I knew when my books were arriving. I will definitely use Booktopia again and highly recommend it to my friends and family.

Barbara

BarbaraIllawarra, NSW

Excellent service

Arrived very quickly, well packed, I bought a few books so it was a boxed parcel. This is the 2nd time I have purchased from them, highly recommend this company,

Madelynne

MadelynneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Timeliness of delivery

I was surprised and delighted at the speed at which my order arrived. I ordered them on 5/12 the order was processed on Friday 6/12 and they arrived on my doorstep on either Tue 10/12 or Wed 11/12. The parcel and contents were intact and in excellent condition. Many thanks

DeeRok

DeeRokGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Still Waiting

Placed order on the 26/11/19 and received 1 out of the 2 books i ordered. Funds taken out of card however product not received.
Live chat is always offline and no one gets back you, it just send you a transcript of what you wrote.
Call them and wait on hold for ridiculous amount of time and hear to go on live chat. i gave up after 30 minutes, yes 30 minutes on hold to speak to someone after 3pm. viscous cycle of wasting my time and still not getting an answer or reply.
I will NEVER purchase from them again!!

Jude

Jude

Abysmal delivery and service

Ordered 3 items on 29/11 still waiting. Originally they said 7-10 days delivery now they have changed to 15-20 days! The same thing happened with my last order with them. I tried their online chat but it said I had to wait 25 mins for a chat, unbelievably bad. I would like a refund and will never order from them again.

Chrys

ChrysGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Overall unhappy with Booktopia

Great range of books to choose from.

Excellent company to deal with. I chose 4 books as gifts, and they arrived today at my home address in W.A. This is the second time I have ordered books from Booktopia, and I would definitely recommend them.

Assaph

AssaphSydney, NSW

Great, local service!

Reasonable pricing and speedy delivery.
Much better to support local business, rather than buy from overseas and wait a very long time to receive books. Booktopia had very clear interface, easy to use and to order, and excellent after-sale tracking.

Travel Book

Iceland Travel Guide as advertised on Booktopia site arrived promptly within time frame mentioned. Cost of book was also much less than other companies. Packaged well and in excellent condition.

Book was perfect, packaging was ridiculous!!

My book order arrived promptly and in perfect condition. Product was as described. My major problem was the packaging that my order arrived in. Booktopia wrapped my order in not one, but two layers of bubble wrap. This was subsequently put into (again), not one...two cardboard boxes. I will never gain order from this company again. I would much prefer to order from my local bookseller and pick up from the location. Sorry, just being honest. Booktopia are not the only online outfit doing this, they are all guilty of it!

Genellen

GenellenSouth Australia

Sensational Service

Book was on back order when I placed my order and I was aware of that - they gave me an ETA for them to have stock. True to their word they contacted me again to advise in stock and then to confirm my order had been dispatched.
Such amazing communication!

Alvin T.

Alvin T.Hobart, TAS

Happy buyer

Order placed on 04/12/19, delivered on 06/12/19. I was pleasantly surprised at the express shipping timing considering I live in Tasmania. The textbook arrived undamaged and was well protected. All corners of the book were in perfect condition, unbent. Satisfied with the purchase and will shop again.

Jord

JordSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very fast delivery, great quality.

I ordered a book and it was in my hands two days later. The price was very reasonable, comparable to regular retail book stores. I've used booktopia before and I will use them again.

India BSydney, NSW

Terrible customer service

I placed an order through booktopia on 29/11/19. I received 2 out of the 4 books but am yet to receive the other 2. I have continuously emailed and attempted to use their online chat which is always offline. No one responds to any email inquiries.
Terrible service and wouldnt use again.

Jo SaundersSouth West, WA

Long wait for product and no reply from booktopia

I placed an order through booktopia on 6/11/19. I sent an email to booktopia on 1/12/19 to get an ETA on my order (no response). I sent a message to booktopia through their website on (2/12/19) also requesting an ETA on my order, again no response except for an automated email saying that my message had been sent. I received an email from booktopia on 5/12/19 saying my order has been shipped. Its now the evening of 11/12/19 and I STILL have not received my order. Not happy.

Order# 9985823

San

San

Delivery of book

Booktopia kept me updated continually, it took a couple of days to be delivered but that was due to busy period for Australia Post, the book arrived in perfect condition, I will certainly order from them again

RhondaNortheast, VIC

Terrible

Order four books on 2 December was to be delivered 6-7 December and today 11 dec no books and no one responds to my chats!!!! Never order again with booktopia

Corinne D.

Corinne D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The service I received from the staff for an online purchase was exceptional. Rainer assisted me via chat support, resolved my inquiry, and was extremely helpful. I have not received customer service as exceptional in a very long time.

Thank you Booktopia!
Corinne

HorvathMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Avoid them!!!

The book I ordered more than 1 month ago did not arrive. Booktopia does not even reply to my multiple emails to try and solve ths problem.
Better to avoid them.

Hi David,

My order number is 10016106.

Cesca Romeo

Cesca RomeoSydney, NSW

Merry bookmas

Booktopia is always a place I go to every Christmas because I know I will find that special gift for my special someone.. it's easy to order, always comes fast and is perfect.

Page 1 of 1,547

Mary Miller

Mary Millerasked

Are all your books new .. I see different prices for the same book . I know hard back dearer but why the difference prices on same

Linda M
Linda M

Yes, I thought all of their books were new. All the ones Ive bought have been.
Hope this helps.

Hi Mary,

We do only new books. The differing prices for the same book depend on the supplier and the printing of the title. For popular books we often have both an American and a UK supplier as well as an Australian one. The US and UK can have different ISBNs/barcodes in which case we have to list them separately. The same thing happens if the publisher does a reprint and gets a new ISBN.

I hope that answers your question. If there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Gondwana

Gondwanaasked

Hi Booktopia - this is not a vital issue; I'm just curious - with the current recycling issues in Australia, can your delivery packaging be recycled? The paper envelopes look like they have a glue lining so I didn't pop them in my compost heap for the worms to digest, just in case.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm not sure how it would go in composting but I am sure that it can be recycled. We made sure that the adhesive we used wouldn't affect the recycling process for our packaging.

Austin A.

Austin A.asked

is booktopia free for me to upload my ebook and sell?

Hi Austin,

Thanks for contacting us.

All the books and eBooks listed on our website come directly from our suppliers. We recommend you contact Ingram, they are an eBook distributor who may be able to help distribute your eBooks for you.

If you have any other enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us.

David

Get an answer from our members and Booktopia representatives