Magshop

Essential reading for fine food lovers.

Sublime food photography and finely crafted articles from a wide range of excellent chefs. We are longtime subscribers to this amazing publication and will continue to subscribe.

Unable to cancel subscription

Unfortunately we were unable to contact them via email or phone. Would recommend calling ARE Media who are a parent company, who have contacted on my behalf.

Ross Lapham

Ross LaphamSydney, NSW

Terrible service

Crush

Crush

Terrible service

Ordered a subscription over 4 months ago and still not received the magazine. Mag shop are of no assistance when you finally get onto them and tell you to contact the supplier yourself. Happy to take your money then take no responsibility for the product. Won’t order from them again

They take your money but there is no service

Tried cancelling my auto renewal but you can’t cancel your credit card number online whilst the subscription is active (even though the subscription is paid for in advance) Emails never get answered and when phoning in, you are on hold for ever. Finally after holding on for 59 minutes this morning the call got disconnected. So I rang back and pressed “1” for purchase new subscription and they answer immediately! No loyalty for existing customers. If you wish to get in touch with them just pretend you are a new customer and they will provide instant service!

No response to emails

I have sent several emails over the last 2 months to try to cancel the auto-renewal but have yet to receive a reply. Seems like they are ignoring the email so they can continue to renew my subscription without my authorisation

JTOSTO/LISA BATES

JTOSTO/LISA BATESGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disgusting

totally fed up with trying to ring. Have requested call back but at 9.45 in the night!!! Come on magshop something wrong not 9.45 at night ll one want to know is where to access their subscription on line and not wait hours to talk to someone. Totally disgusted and will definitely advise all about your LACK of help

JanelleB

JanelleBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ripped off

Signed up to BHG and cannot access. I’ve reset the password and still no luck. Never again... the ATO is easy to deal with compared to this lot.

not happy kambrook

not happy kambrookMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointing

Ordered a 12 issue subscription 21st November its now the 8th feb and have only received 1 issue. Have attempted to phone for 3 days effectively waiting over 6 hrs on hold never to be able to speak to a single person. Have just emailed, hoping that will get a quicker response. Never again.

Emma W

Emma WHunter Region, NSW

Worst Customer Service Ever

Tried calling several times, ridiculous wait time for this day and age. No one ever calls back. Keep getting automatically charged for a magazine I no longer want, and one was a gift subscriptions (lucky friend). I have no other choice to wait for my keycard to expire in May so they can no longer charge me. This will be quicker than the customer service. Will not renew any more magazines. Please do not subscribe through MAGSHOP!!

Judy

JudySouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible Service

Magshop is a joke. I subscribed one year's Family Circle. I only received two magazines so far. Every time when I email them, they only send me automatic reply that there is a delay with Australia Post. I don't care which courier service they use or whatever excuses they have. I only want to receive my magazines. When I call them, I am put on hold for more than 30 mins. I feel this company is a scam!

AmyS

AmyS

Very poor customer service

Hopeless customer service

Email said I would be contacted with in 5 days . Not good enough. Phone was 20 mins minimum wait . When purchasing I’m told every time my password is incorrect. I reset only to be told that is incorrect not happy

Lucinda T.

Lucinda T.

Don’t bother pathetic service

No customer service what so ever ,no response to my emails and wait time on a call is up to an hour, pathetic!

Disgraceful

Dreadful customer service - no acknowledgement, no return contact. They have suspended my 12 month subscription, that I have paid for upfront, in error and I can't even get someone to call me or email back. I have three magazine subscriptions through this lot. When they all finish I'd rather buy them at the supermarket. Warning: don't subscribe through Magshop.

Ali

Ali

Don't Bother

I won a 12 month online subscription for Magshop and I'm still waiting for their app to work and for their customer service to respond to my emails with an actual solution. They're such a scam.

Bad Customer Service

I have sent many emails over the last month asking for a refund as i have not received my magazine. Finally had one email reply saying i should receive my magazine by 25th Dec. Still no magazine. Several more emails sent asking again to refund immediatley only to get the automated response saying some will be in contact within 48 hours. Every 2 days i am receiving this automated email, even though i havent sent anymore emails. Finally got hold of someone on the phone 1 week ago who promised they would refund, and yet i am still waiting. No refund has been given. This is really poor customer service. I will definitely not be using this company again.

No customer service available

Magshop are ripping people off

I cancelled my subscription and direct debit in May but Magshop kept sending magazines then debited my account. Magazines finally stopped but they haven’t refunded charges and don’t respond with anything other than apologies saying someone will get back to me and then doesn’t. DO NOT set up direct debits with this company as they cannot be trusted.

No incentive to renew for longer period

weird pricing! $59.99 if you do 12 months and auto renewal but if you commit upfront to 2 years it's more expensive! $129.99 = $65 x2 which is the same price as if you do 1 year at a time. what's the incentive?!

Alex M.

Alex M.asked

Magshop is now part of Are Media Group, owned by Mercury Capital (as of last year due to Covid). I too am having my subscription stuffed up and Magshop not responding. I'm suggesting everyone contact either Are Media Group or Mercury Capital. Some action might then be taken.

Tanya
Tanya

Thanks Alex. I have emailed both Are Media Group and also Mercury Capital. Not sure I will get a response but I have cancelled my card and lodged a disputed transaction. Never again will I subscribe to a magazine.

Gaming with L.

Gaming with L.asked

Wen I win a free year of magazines on monopoly at Macaus it only let’s me order 1 mag

mirrabuccaasked

Hi Magshop:
I renewed my wife's subscription to Womens' Weekly in July 2020. The transaction was sucessful, but you have made TWO deductions from my credit card, one on the 15th July 202 and the other on the 16th July 2020. We only receive ONE copy. I have asked for a refund but you do not reply to my emails.
I see many other reviews from people in similar positions to mine (moneys not being refunded).
Please take this seriously! Perhaps a class action will sort it out?

Adam
Adam

Im happy to join ur class action

mirrabucca

No response from Magshop, but I DID hget a refund. No explanation, no appology, just a credit on my credit card statement.

Get an answer from our members and Magshop representatives

Other Book Shops