good customer service By Nil

Nil were very efficient and helpful in resolving in changing my subscription details which were very complicated Im very satisfied with the outcome Thanks to you Nil

Quick, kind and professional

I had a fairly complicated issue to resolve and Nil could not have been more helpful. 10 out of 10!

David H.
David H.Illawarra, NSW

Good end result

Needed an account set up to manage a gifted subscription. Called once, and felt resolved. Received an email, but the account was not set up. Called again, and Neil was able to set up the account correctly.

Find out how Magshop compares to other Book Shops

Complicated issue dealt with very professionally

Eula managed to untangle my subscriptions for me in a very helpful and professional manner. I was very happy with the outcome.

GeorginaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Trying to cancel subscription...terrible service

I emailed them back on 7 March 2021 asking for my subscription to be cancelled. Received an acknowledgement and given options. I explained I wanted to cancel. They are still deducting cost from my credit card in May. No response to my recent emails

Georgina

Hi Mark, this was finally actioned yesterday when I called after no further response to emails. By actioned i mean subscription now cancelled...I didn't even raise the issue of reimbursement considering how hard it was to organise cancelling it.

Daniel
DanielGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible customer service. Get your subscription somewhere else

Kunshu
KunshuGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Slower than a snail.

Since September I've been waiting on MagShop to honour a subscription won through McDonald's monopoly game. On average, it takes them a month to respond. A month. Unacceptable even if it is "free."

Even after all this time I still have not received the subscription. A joke of customer service. Just deal with the magazines directly and save yourself the time and hassle.

Tallulah
TallulahSydney, NSW

I rang to check on the status of my various magazine subscriptions.
Samantha, the operator, quickly and efficiently informed me about each one.
Very easy for me.

Liz on the 5th June 2021
Liz on the 5th June 2021Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Renewing subscription - A really enjoyable experience Thanks to Nil.

When I was renewing my subscription to BHGI spoke to Nil who was most polite and helpful. The service I received was very quick and I am now waiting for the next edition of BHG.

Quick and easy

I was surprised that there was no waiting time. Neil answered, took my details and all was finished. magazine continues

Job well done

Eula answered all my queries, amalgamated my accounts and set up a new password to my account as I was having difficulty logging in

Renewing subscription

I spoke with Nil who was extremely helpful and engaging. He even rang me back to advise that the problem I had with the automatic renewal had been fixed and I would continue to receive my subscription at the original price. Very happy with the service. Nil's has excellent customer service skills.

Stephen M.
Stephen M.Hunter Region, NSW

Account mix up

Apparently I had two accounts that I was unaware of and couldn’t access my current account. Nil realised and found the problem and rectified it, just before I could see the problem. Very happy with result and her professionalism.

00000South East Queensland, QLD

Good Customer Service

Great service from Neil. He attended to me in a very positive way and offered me a great deal. I love my New Idea Magazine.

Phone assistance

Very happy with the way Eula sorted out my problem in changing my direct debit details in a blink. Her reassurance in being able to fix it for me was a great help.

SSson
SSsonasked

I have been a subscriber for years, your current advertising of 15%off is not true.
I have tried to get a loyalty code, yet the website keeps telling me the same subscription price. Why

Alex M.
Alex M.asked

Is anyone else in New Zealand having their weekly magazines not delivered on time or at all - New Idea, Women's Day. I've had a lot not turn up this year and some turn up 2 weeks later. My understanding is that the supermarket/dairy ones come bulk straight away, but individual subscriber editions just come with normal post, so could get held up in Australia. Not sure if true and if so, very unfair, but its kind of looking that way since mine since covid don't always arrive the same time as before covid. So I'm curious if its just me, or other NZ subscribers.

Donna
Donna

Hi Alex. I’m in Perth WA. I have recently submitted my review titled “Terrible”. Have a read of all reviews. Pretty much nothing but negativity, especially with weekly issues. Good luck.

Penny R.
Penny R.

I'm too having the same problem. And unfortunately when asked if they can re-send the missed issues, they say they don't have any or they can't send because its international. So instead they extend the subscription. Not sending one because its "international" is no different to extending the subscription, they are still posting 1 issue, makes no sense. And not having any spares in NZ to send NZ customers is odd too. There must be someone in NZ distributing them to the shops, so why can't they send one to those who haven't received theirs. Its all too time consuming and stressful having to email them all the time for missed issues and chase them up for a reply, so once my 3 have expired, I wont be renewing. I recommend while the NZ/Aussie borders are shut/flights not back to normal schedule, not to get subscriptions and to buy in your local shop, as there is no guarantee you will receive each issue.

Kristy A.
Kristy A.

Yes, I ordered the WHO back in May and have had constant issues with getting them so much so that it has not been worth this trouble and prior to them moving to mag shop they were easy to deal with and extended me out a few times but in no way I would have received 52 issues when my actual subscription runs out so def wont be renewing and will go back to buying in the shop. I believe it has been a total waste of money although at the time it seemed ideal due to breaking my ankle and lockdown> I would prefer to have had the chance to cancel it all together and get some $$$ back.

Alex M.
Alex M.asked

Magshop is now part of Are Media Group, owned by Mercury Capital (as of last year due to Covid). I too am having my subscription stuffed up and Magshop not responding. I'm suggesting everyone contact either Are Media Group or Mercury Capital. Some action might then be taken.

Tanya
Tanya

Thanks Alex. I have emailed both Are Media Group and also Mercury Capital. Not sure I will get a response but I have cancelled my card and lodged a disputed transaction. Never again will I subscribe to a magazine.

Get an answer from our members and Magshop representatives

Booktopia