Bookpal

Bookpal

See the Best Book Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

JoeSouth East Queensland, QLD

A reliable Australian publishing company

Everything is done efficiently and effectively in Australia and not through some overseas call centre. Furthermore, royalty payments from overseas and within Australia are timely.

Moi23Melbourne

Before publishing okay - after publishing appalling

OlgaMelbourne, Victoria

Not good service

Olga

Dennis Jones in Melbourne. They will put up ebooks too. They were great with my recent tour of New Zealand

Very Positive Experience!

I had written books before trying Bookpal, but I have never been as pleased as I was with this company. Bookpal took my work seriously, unlike the other companies I had tried in the past. They gave me feedback, edited, and published my book. In my previous experiences the process was tedious and overwhelming.
With Bookpal, while sometimes calls were returned a bit late, they were always returned. I've had no issues with royalty payments either...I've always been paid.
Took my work very seriously
Calls returned late

James Yandel

James YandelRedcliffe

Bookpal Publishing Experience

Naomi R.asked

How do I get hold of a book published with u guys? Are books printed by someone else now? Thanks

Joe

It was a good Australian publishing company, but, unfortunately, BookPal went into voluntary administration in 2015, resulting in all books published through BookPal being withdrawn from sale and it being left to the authors to re-publish with another publishing house.

Moi23

It no longer operating as a company - the principals behind it are publishing under another name, which I will not name here - as, in my opinion, they do not deserve to con yet more people. However I am not objective as they delayed paying me in that 2 final months and went into administration owing me close to $10,000 in sales - by far the most effected author. They were okay at what they did up to publishing, then after publishing became not good at all. It was an expensive business to republish.

Naomi R.

thank you for your responses.....I also had a children’s book published through book pal and wanted to get some copies of it. How do I get published through another company, if all the originals etc are with them?

Jack N.

Jack N.asked

Hi, In 2015 you published a book for me that I hold the copyright for. My name is Jack Newman and the book's title is THOMMO"S LAST SHIP ISBN; 978-1-742845-49-4 (pbk). Are there any royalties owing to me from the sale of the book? I have never received any.

Camille11

Camille11asked

I would love to find out more about how long the process took and, if you are happy to share, how much your investment was..

Terence
Terence

Hi Camille, there are dozens of factors determining how long it will take. For instance, if you need copyediting for your book or not. But in general 3-6 months is the standard timeframe. Your investment could range from $900 to several thousand depending on what services you want.