Bosch Power Tools ART 26 Li

Bosch Power Tools ART 26 Li

Love it!

I am a 66 year old lady, and we live on 3/4 acre in the country. We have a ride on mower which is great for most of our lawn, but my two other favourite lawn tools are my battery operated mower (for tight spaces) and my Bosch edge trimmer. I have been using mine for at least 5 years and it is great. I have bought lots of extra blades on eBay so I always have a supply. My husband has given away his petrol driven trimmer as we no longer need it. It is quiet and suitable for all our needs.

Date PurchasedSep 2010

Chews through the overpriced blades

Blades are not easy to obtain. Bunnings will get them in for you for $8.00 per pack of 5, but even on our small yard we use 2 blades. The blades look very cheap, probably produced in China for no more than 5 cents each. I wouldn't even mind paying 50 cents each for them, but $1.60 for a 5 cent blade is ridiculous.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
    Debra

Debra

Returned to store

Charger wouldn't charge the battery so returned it to Masters for a refund. Reluctantly the store gave me my refund. Why would Bosch allow such a defective product to be sold. Meant an extra trip to return it.....my time and money spent for zero gain. Will not look to purchase a similar Bosch product in the future.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
    Battery Whipper Snippers

Find out how Bosch Power Tools ART 26 Li compares to other Battery Whipper Snippers

robbo59Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not just for the ladies...

Date PurchasedJul 2016
    Charlie

CharlieCampbelltown NSW

No complaints it's a great machine

This little machine is perfect for us ladies, I've had mine for over 3years, it hasn't missed a beat & believe me I'm brutal on all my gardening equipment. I didn't know it had a low speed, I've never used mine on low, always full speed ahead. Battery last about an hour, 24 blades lasts nearly 3 months, easy to maintain, I always keep mine fully charged ready to go. I would definitely buy another if this one ever stopped working.

Can't get blades, flybuys reward,

Would give 5+ stars BUT wait months for the blades to came in Stock then they only send the hardware 1. I've never found them at Bunnings .
    Otherwise it's great I'm petite lady I love it but they need to make the blades available NOW something I feel like putting it up flybuys back side. Good on you FLYBUYS

Anne L

Anne LPalmerston, NT

RIP

I bought it as I only have a small yard and I have a dodgy back, so lighter weight was important. Worked brilliantly until it suddenly stopped working. I have a selection of bosch tools run by the lithium ion batteries, so I have a few on hand. However, none work on the snipper and I have no idea where the receipt is. What now?

John Gray

John Gray

It does the job but it uses a lot of blades, which are not always available.

I have a normal suburban block and I would use at least 3 blades to do front or back yards. I haven't got big lawns and have a cordless electric mower which won't do front and back in one go and neither will the Bosch but that is OK - I don't mind doing it over two days. I went to Bunnings today for blades but they are out of stock so I went to Home Hardware and had to pay up front for them to order them, I gather they are not usually stocked. I see them listed on eBay but the price is +50%. I am tall so the Bosch is a little short for me but otherwise I like the fact that it is light and easy to use, the biggest drawback for me is the blades.

Richard

RichardPerth

A good trimmer - battery could be better

I have a 820m size block and use this to trim grass around trees and along walls. It does a good job, the only problem being the battery lasts for about 75% of the job - so I recharge and find something else to do for a couple of hours. Lightweight, not too loud, I sue 2 or 3 blades each time and get replacements at the local Bunnings.

This is good.

AP47

AP47Hobart

Good for a small yard

I bought this to replace a 240v electric line trimmer, and because I have a large range of the Bosch 18v tools

It's a good unit, nice and light, easy to use, however, it can struggle if the edges are a little long or thick. The 'tabs' are very very simple to change, but break way to easily (i can go through 2 or 3 just doing a very small patch out the back)

Overall I am happy with it as its so easy, quick, and clean to use.
    Very easy to use, light, quiet
    Tabs are not as durable as they could be

Red Griffin

Red GriffinBrisbane

Better than petrol line trimmers

I was fed up with hard to start 2 stroke trimmers, breaking lines, bump feeds that don't feed, I could not see the point of 240v machines.
    With low expectation I purchased this battery trimmer. I have an 830sq m block, it easily copes with my size block, cuts better and faster, only needed one change of the cutting key that takes seconds, it's quiet and light, all in all it beats petrol machines on all scores.

cave man

cave manSydney

Hopeless

Bosch Home Appliances
    Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances
    A downs
    A downs

It's a trimmer not a lawn mower, it's for doing edges and around trees etc, if you don't understand the product theirs no point giving a negative review.

Poor battery

I wont recommend ... poor battery life . also slow rpm, runs very slow , therefore it takes long time to but a small back yard unfortunately poor battery life,
    light weight is good
    i am not talking about hrs .. u lucky if u can run the trimmer for 20 min on single charge ..
    Low weight
    Poor battry and slow

Happy Trimmer

Happy Trimmer

Very good for light trimming

I looked at the Ryobi 36 v and Bosch 18 V. I went for the Bosch because it would not have any frustrating line feed . The replacement blades are available at Bunnings and although I use about 3 to do my trimming I am happy with the quick fitting. Do not buy this unit and expect a heavy duty machine. It does trim established lawns well. If you like fiddling with jammed line the 36 V Ryobi may have a bit more grunt for clearing overgrown weeds but I still keep an electric Little Juey with quick change cutting cords for heavier work.
    Super light, quick to use, can almost do the trimming in the time it takes to run out a lead
    A stronger compound in the plasic cutter blades blades would be good

sammccAU

Great for most applications

gardener
    gardener

I did the same, but have now discovered that I can't buy the spare blades. Won't be buying Bosch again. I already had the 26 Li. It just stopped working one day, perhaps a problem with the switch.

sammcc

I'm not sure if your machine is still working, but you can buy Ozito blades out at Bunnings.

They are a bit big and make a little noise at first, but once they wear a little they get better. Or cut them down as I do.

KazAnon

KazAnonSydney

Not worth it

At first it seemed like this trimmer would be handier than either electric or petrol powered models. The guy in the shop talked about long battery life but the truth is the battery life is anything but long. A fully charged battery means you can use it for about ten minutes before it runs out and needs charging again. Ten lousy minutes. I'd expect more from any rechargable battery.
    It does trim grass, as it's supposed to
    battery life ridiculously low

Good for precise lawn trimming

big-m

big-mHunter Region, NSW

Only suitable for tiny yards

At first glance the machine appears to be well designed, and the 18 volt Lithium Ion battery gave the promise of reasonable battery life.

My gripes:

It is designed for someone less than 175 cm tall. I'm 185 cm and stoop to use it.

Battery life is only moderate.In summer there is only enough charge to do about 70% of the edges.

The plastic cutting strips are a very poor idea.I go through two on a small lawn, but occasionally three or four, as they tend to fly off and are difficult to find, when this happens.

Poor battery life, cutting strips are a bad idea.

tjobuono

tjobuonoMelbourne, Victoria

Very good product with great battery life

This is a very handy powertool for tidying the garden. It's not too heavy, it doesn't use a cord to cut but a more sturdy plastic cutting attachment. A few of these come with the unit and they don't really seem to wear out much. Assembling the unit is probably the most difficult part, you need to use quite a bit of force to get all the pieces to lock into place correctly. Overall, though, this is a very good product which I'd definitely recommend.
    Easy to use, light weight and works very well
    A little hard to assemble