Bosch Athlet

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

• Product is used
    • Several times a week (15)
    • Daily (13)
    • Weekly (6)
  • Pet OwnerYes (23) · No (12)
  • Battery Life

Dee

DeeSydney, NSW

Cordless vacuum cleaner

I use this vacuum on my carpet and floorboards. It has 3 settings and I only have to use it on the lowest setting which has a strong suction already. It’s cordless which makes it more convenient to manoeuvre and lightweight. It also has 60mins run time which is more than enough. I will never go back to using corded vacuum cleaners!

Purchased in February 2020 at Bing Lee for $370.00.

Not happy Jan!

Not happy Jan!South East Queensland, QLD

Better than a Dyson!

I have had this little beauty for over 2 years now.. I previously had a Dyson and got sick of it running out of power well before the job was done, I also found it very uncomfortable with heat and weight on my hand so gave it away... My Bosch is SO much more user friendly, light and easy to manoeuvre, easy to empty and clean and has a removable brush in the head for ease of cleaning ... the suction is as good if not better than the Dyson..and I can do my whole house on full power before the battery dies.. I highly recommend this vac and the price was not over the top like the Dyson..

LOVE love love my mighty Bosch Athlet..

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman for $339.00.

JackiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very disappointed with purchase and the customer service

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for $500.00.

Pet OwnerNo
Jacki

How can you be of any help?! I’ve tried to get help from you and you basically brushed me off and told me there was nothing you could do! So why would I even bother calling you?

Wayne Norton

Wayne NortonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Bosch Athlet

Purchased in April 2017 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Kaylene Clare

Kaylene Clare

Disappointing

I was really excited to purchase this product as I currently have a little Black and Decker stick vacuum which jams up on my Persian rug and shag pile rugs. As the Bosch is advertised as doing ALL surfaces, I purchased it on that basis. Not true! It is no more efficient than my cheap Black n Decker and jams just the same on those rugs.
EDIT: to be fair, I have found it will tackle my rugs if I turn the brush off. It seems to be reasonably efficient using it this way.

Purchased in January 2020 for $549.00.

Hi Kaylene,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your vacuum. If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.

big-m

big-mHunter Region, NSW

Really effective with a long run time

This is an excellent cordless which replaces a corded vacuum. It does hard floors and carpets very well. We have not used it in hand held mode as we still have a small cordless that we use for dusting skirting boards, etc. The dust container is easy to empty and the filter is easily removed and shaken out or washed. The power brush is removed without tools and easily cleaned. We recently found that the motor in the rotating brush was broken, well out of warranty. WE purchased one via Bosch Australia spare parts on line. It arrived in 22 hours!

Purchased in July 2016.

Product is used Weekly
C. Ircolo

C. IrcoloGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So far so good

Bought this unit three months ago and so far so good. It does the job of giving 4 bedrooms and three living areas (shared with two big dogs and a cat) a reasonable clean with one charge. It's OK to clean after and the replacement micro filters are cheap on eBay. We like that it can stand in it's spot on its own.

The one improvement I'd suggest: Some areas of our house are quite dark as we keep the shutters closed in summer. So I'd rather replace the six silly blue LEDs with one strong, white LED to illuminate the area ahead of the unit - without blinding the operator.

Purchased in October 2019 at The Good Guys for $199.00.

Blender manSydney

New battery available?

This has been a great vacuum cleaner, but like many other people have found after 3 years the battery isn't charging anymore and it cuts out. Is the solve for this to simply get it serviced and repaired? A vacuum cleaner isn't a mobile phone. Was hoping to get a lot more life out of it.

Purchased in July 2016 at Harvey Norman for $300.00.

Product is used Weekly
Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet
Blender man

Thanks, yes my question was if the battery dies is that it? Or can I get it serviced?

Blender man

Is there any response to this? Is the lifecycle of this vacuum cleaner really only 3 years?

Dean

DeanMurray Region, NSW

Great buy!

Has great suction and a sufficient battery time to run over the whole house if needed! great value for money compared to other more well known cordless vacuum brands out there. Easy to empty the barrel. Only downside is not having a small brush connection to run over skirting boards or get into corners.

taylahhenning

taylahhenningIllawarra, NSW

I love this vacuum, so easy to use!

I use this vacuum on tiles, carpet and wood. It works perfectly! The three settings are amazing. Its so handy to have instead of a big vacuum that needs to be plugged in. It charges quickly and lasts for about 40 minutes.

Purchased in June 2019 for $800.00.

Bernard

BernardGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic

I went to major retailer to assess cordless upright vacuums. Checked and tested all the units on display. Did my research on the internet. I opted for the Bosch. I could not be happier. Fantastic vacuum, easy to clean, great power and suction.

Purchased in August 2019 for $440.00.

BADHAIR

BADHAIRSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wooden Floors suffering

I love my athlet vacuum, easy, portable and suction but.... I am now noticing a lot of fine scratches on my hardwood floors. Has anyone else had this issue? We had to replace the head of the vacuum last year so all the wheels and rubber bits are fairly new. Why is it scratching my floors now?

Purchased in August 2017.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Great for pet hair not the best battery life

Great suction for pet hair I give it that! But battery on full turbo only lasted 20 mins and this was after first use with a fully charged battery. It's not great for edges of the rooms.

Purchased in August 2019 for $350.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Hi Bianca P,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback.
If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

SchemSchem

SchemSchemGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great vacuums but not very robust

We bought this vacuum January 2016. It performed great picking up all the pet hair etc.
Problems: 1: Short battery life
2: Can't get under beds or low furniture
3: The handle snapped. After a year and a half of use the handle near the top just snapped. We didn't drop or bang it around - it just snapped. When we took it back they accused us of abusing the machine. If this happens to you there is a 2 year warranty and you should get a replacement or refund. Looking at other reviews it has happened to others.

Purchased in January 2018 for $298.00.

goldhn

goldhnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Soooo disappointed

I purchased this about 6 months ago and was so impressed. Could do almost my entire house on one charge. 6 months later and I now get about 5-6 minutes from it. That is useless to me.

Simon5353Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very good

Thanks so much!

Bev H

The best cordless vacuum around!

This is amazing! It’s completely replaced my regular vacuum! It’s compact, suction is out of this world! Easy to empty with washable filters etc. Carpet, hard floors no problem! LOVE!

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $460.00.

Bev H

Thank you!! We love it! Next step is the handheld!

JVM

JVMSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellet cordless Vacuum cleaner with excellent battery life.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys Online store.

Axle28

Axle28South West, QLD

It is perfect, it's my go to all the time

You go from carpet to tiles with no fuss, it really sucks up the dirt out of carpet and glides over the tiles no fuss at all I love it

Purchased in August 2014.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Miss Liss

Miss LissPilbara, WA

Cordless vacs forever

I chose this vacuuum because it had high power and it was cordless (so much easier). I wouldn't go back to corded vacuums ever again after experiencing the convenience. It's lightweight, great suction and good run time. So convenient having it just upright on charge in the corner to use so easily. It's making a louder noise lately but still works really well. recommend

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for $300.00.

Floor Type Tiles