12Bosch Athlet BCH6-AU Series

luke.grayham
luke.grayhamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts
  BCH6-AU Series

Great long lasting vac

I've had this for at least 7 years and it's still going strong. The battery is diminished and the bristles are worm down but it still cleans as well as it did when I first bought it. Show details
Martin
MartinPeel, WA4 posts
  Fair Incentive BCH6AT25AU

Most Preferred little sucker

Compared to my other more Expensive vacuum,my BOSCH is the most comfortable to use and most preferred for reliable for battery life. I will purchase another for each end of the home. Show details
Natasha
NatashaSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Fantastic vacuum cleaner

Purchased the Bosch cordless vacuum from The Good Guys for $199. It has 3 speeds & transitions well from tiles onto carpet without a change in the dials. The battery life is quite long compared to other makes & brands. The machine is relatively lite in weight & moving it around into tight spaces is easy. It's bagless which is cost effective & has washable filters that can also be replaced after heavy use. Charging from zero to full does take a few hours, this is the only down fall I've found since purchasing it. Show details ·  1
Lee M.
Lee M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts
  BCH6AT25AU

I love this stick vacuum

It is so light and has fantastic suction on both tiles and carpet wouldn’t buy anything else Show details
Cris Lovell
Cris LovellSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Buyer beware. Don't bother buying

Rubbish, please don't bother buying this product. Doesn't hold charge for very long. Replacement batteries are mire expensive than the unit itself. Bosch are not what they used to be. Will not buy another Bisch product again. Show details
Sameer S.
Sameer S.
  BCH65MSKAU
Tony3 posts
  ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU

Perfect except for the battery failure

Have a Bosch ZOO'O 25.2V Lithium Power Pro-Animal Brush vacuum cleaner. It has been brilliant but then suddenly the battery is only lasting about 5 minutes on high speed which is the speed needed for the picking up of dog hair. Can the battery be replaced or is this for the dump now? Such a shame to throw it away and all the extras we have to go with it. Show details
Grant M.
Grant M.South East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Battery lIfe POOR

I have owned this vacuum for three years now. In almost every respect this is a well designed product. Nevertheless, the lithium batteries have started to die. I was quite happy to replace them but found out that this is next to impossible which means an otherwise perfect appliance needs to go to landfill!!
I amoungst many others detest this needless waste. BOSCH makes quality products, so I am disappointed that they don't stand behind the products they sell. I tried to ring them but found their Australian number had benn disconnected?? I think this shows contempt for their customers, so I will never purchase a Bosch product again.
Cmac
CmacSydney Surrounds, NSW26 posts

Don’t buy this junk

I’ve had 2 Bosch Athlet Stick vacuums and both batteries have failed to charge just out of warranty and the batteries are not user replaceable, I would never recommend this product, in fact I am dubious about recommending any Bosch product after continuous problems with other Bosch appliances, Bosch was a reliable product many years ago however these days the quality has taken a dive and now it’s temporary trash like most other brands.
Jessi JGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts
  Verified BCH6AT25AU

Battery lasted only 4 years !

The battery will last only one minute of vacuuming after charging - for a vacuum that is only 4 years old. There is no way the user can change over the battery - it's fully sealed in. Show details
Kellee W.
Kellee W.3 posts

1.5 year old appliance, battery massively declined

Same issue as everyone else on this thread. Vacuum cannot be run in turbo mode without the machine switching off after a couple of minutes. It runs on the lower settings which no longer provide enough suction to clean carpet properly. Should have stayed with Dyson! At nearly $400 this was a bad buy and clearly a dud product. Show details
Bronwyn K.2 posts

Don't buy one

We have owned this for less than two years. The suction is MAGIC and I was so impressed with it I raved when I first bought it. Now... Battery dies even on the lower settings within minutes. I'm extremely upset with this product and I've read the battery is irreplaceable unless you spend hundreds of $$ on it. NOT WORTH THE SPEND don't go there I wish I hadn't Show details
E.P.R.
E.P.R.Sydney, NSW10 posts
Loz G.
Loz G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC
  BCH6AT25AU

trash, battery dies within a few mins - worthless

had for nearly 2 years, started off with a battery life of about 15 to 20 mins on high used on floorboards and occasionally carpet. now barely lasts 2 minutes after a full overnight charge. have cleaned and maintained it, the battery is just trash.
for the price i paid 2 years ago, its pretty disappointing! dont waste your money! Show details
Les
LesPerth, WA8 posts

If I could give it less I would

Two years out of a Bosh stick vacuum purchased from Havey Norman only to find it is impossible to buy a replacement battery. Sorry, I found one supplier on the internet an Australian company and this is from their website. 12027242 BOSCH STICK VAC BATTERY ASSY 25.2V *PLEASE CONTACT STATEWIDE PRIOR TO ORDER Part Number: 12027242 $574.95
No more Bosh products for me. Show details

Greg N.
Greg N. · Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU

My Bosch Zoo Vacuum Cleaner is not holding a charge and the manual tells me that the battery can only be replaced by a qualified Bosch service agent. I am in the Lake Macquarie area, NSW. Where is my nearest service agent? Greg at [Email Address Removed]

Jessi J

i'm just a customer like you !

Rachael L.
Rachael L. · Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU

I really like the vacuum but am very disappointed that the part where the hand joins it has cracked in the plastic. So I'm not able to use it. It's the first time I have spent so much on a vacuum.

Mel
Mel · Athlet BCH6AT25AU (White)

Why is vacuum not holding charge it’s only 2 year old I have already had to replace head as brushes stopped turning now battery not holding charge

Bronwyn K.

Hi Mel. My one is similar as the charge is holding less and less as time goes by and mine is less than 2 yrs old. After reading other reviews it seems this is a Common problem with these models ):

Compare all Bosch Athlet BCH6-AU Series listings
CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $399$449
Bin Capacity0.9 L0.9 L0.9 L
HEPA FilterNoNoNoNo
Weight3.3 kg3.3 kg3.3 kg
Attachments AllFloor HighPower BrushProAnimal Power Brush, ProAnimal Accessory Kit
TypeCordlessCordlessCordless
Charging Time6 hours6 hours6 hours
Running Time 60 min60 min50 min
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)