Bosch Athlet

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (30) · No (19)
  • Battery Life

MissBeeMelbourne

From Awesome to Awful in Performance and Charge

I've had my Athlet for 2 years and when new could get through my kitchen, dining, lounge and entrance wooden floors in one go, sometimes putting it on turbo (#3) and it cleaned 100%.
Now, it is not lasting half as long, forget turbo, it runs out in 2 mins-(tested) & leaving rolls of dust behind. I clean the brushes & all the filter and I have checked for blockages. So disappointed.

Purchased in July 2018 at Appliances Online for A$221.00.

LeeanneGippsland, VIC

Great vac but battery died after 17 months!

Love this vac on both carpet and floor boards. Flexible and easy to use however after owning this vac for 17 months the battery now dies after not even five minutes of vacuuming on level 2! shame considering this cost $298 and doesn't even last two years.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for A$298.00.

Hi Leeanne,,
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Leeanne

Thank you, I have called this number. The lady that served me was very helpful :)

No longevity

Have had this product for just over 2yrs & the battery now lasts less than 5mins once taken off the charger. Used on carpet & lino surfaces, the suction power is quite poor, leaving fine debris even when taken immediately off charger. The fine particles seem to stay in the vacuum head & then are left on the floor where the vacuum is stored during charger.

Purchased in May 2018 at The Good Guys.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

AJ

AJ

Good Vacuum but battery does not last

I am also sorry to report that after 2 years our battery lasted less than 5 minutes on the medium setting. We had Product Care through Harvey Norman and replaced it with a Dyson but had to pay extra.

Purchased in June 2017 for A$299.00.

Floor Type Linoleum

I would say its good

$299 for this product is fair enough, it does the job. however, it doesn't come with enough accessories, such as you cant really change the header to clean sofa or even small area. At least it should come with a option even if it needs pay extra to get a small clean head adopter somthing.

Purchased in July 2020.

Product is used Weekly

VivmakSydney, NSW

Does very good job but doesn't last long

Bosch has replaced once for us and second one suffered the same problem as the first one and now I have taken refund. I am sad because Bosch Athlet is superior and sturdy when compared to flimsy and creeking Dyson and we can't use it.

issue is that it stops working, we need Start again and again no matter how regularly the filter is cleaned or battery charger is replaced (solutions advises by Bosch support). Now we use robo vac from Xiaomi, works well but can't do spot cleaning easily. I wish Bosch did something about its Athlet! it is a great for cleaning otherwise I can't find another hand vac as good as this when it works, used Dyson, Hoover and Bosch.

Purchased at Harvey Norman Online for A$300.00.

Floor Type Tiles
Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Vivmak, Thank you again for reaching out. If you could please call our service team on the same number as above (1300 369 744), they will be able to let you know if a repair is possible. Kind regards , Bosch Home Australia

Neke

NekeNorthern Region, NSW

Expensive for how long it lasts

I purchased this stick vacuum nearly 2 years ago to save me getting out my Dyson just for quick daily clean ups, battery is lucky to last hallway and kitchen area before cutting out, also the sensor light flashes red and then shuts the vacuum off and I can't work out.
Was great at first but expensive vacuum for not long lasting.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$348.00.

Laurence

LaurenceGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best Cordless Vacuum Cleaner so far

Had a Hoover before. The Bosch has powerful suction. Great carpet brushing effect which picks up hair, fluff and other 'embedded' objects. It brushes and vacuums the carpet at the same time. Easy to use. Easy to store away. Charges quickly. Using TURBO mode I get about 45 minutes of cleaning. Easy to empty. Easy to clean the inbuilt filters. No need for accessories. The product is that good and easy to use that I clean daily around working areas.

Purchased in October 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$343.00.

BATTERY PROBLEMS

Purchased 2 of these 06.05.2016, talked into taking out the extended warranty to cover the battery just out of warranty battery dead would not buy or recommend Bosch no-one interested in helping

Karl J.

Karl J.South East Queensland, QLD

Quality Product, Battery Issue

Used in a 4 bedroom house with carpet and tile, this thing is my Mother's go to daily vac and she loves it. She is a neat freak and this does the whole house easily. Great after sales service, as long as you get extended care - NOTE - the battery cannot be swapped out, and it will fail, so get extended care to cover that or you'll end up with a laundry ornament in 3 years. She just got a full replacement machine through Harvey Norman.

Purchased in September 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$800.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Batteries no longer keep a charge

We were very happy with this vacuum. But now after 2.5 years the batteries are almost done. After charging we are lucky to get 3 minutes of use before it dies. Good machine, poor batteries.
Batteries not accessible to change. Very expensive given its life. Will not buy Bosch again

Purchased in June 2017 at Amazon for A$250.00.

carl
carl

The batteries are u,s such a shame for a good cleaner

Tara R.Sydney, NSW

Ok, but has a fault.

Loved at first, convenient, lighter, better than my sisters Dyson! Easy to pull out daily and clean up the crumbs my toddler has dropped... but within 3 weeks of use the brush stopped rotating, afftecting the performance and ease of using on my carpet, suction has seemed to suffer was going to return it then it started working again! Since then It intermittently works then doesn’t work. Now it’s been a 2 months of the brush not rotating I’m trying to follow up warranty and have it fixed or replaced.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bing Lee for A$299.00.

Floor Type Carpet
Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Tara R, Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Vacuum.We'd like to help,if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Tara R.

I’ve called the number you provided promptly my call was taken and a new vacuum head ordered to replace the faulty part. Thank you for your efforts to resolve this so fast.

Belinda M.

Belinda M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Was great, now power keeps cutting out intermittently

Loved, loved, loved this as an intro to cordless stick vacuums, and always felt I should have got the model up with the additional tools. For the past 3 months though on certain angles, or just because, the power cuts, and then starts up again - just as I wonder if it's out of charge, it starts again. Not great for around edges of furniture or corners, but great suction for quick where-the-hell-are-those-crumbs from kid related clean ups.

Purchased in November 2018.

Floor Type Carpet
Dee

DeeSydney, NSW

Cordless vacuum cleaner

I use this vacuum on my carpet and floorboards. It has 3 settings and I only have to use it on the lowest setting which has a strong suction already. It’s cordless which makes it more convenient to manoeuvre and lightweight. It also has 60mins run time which is more than enough. I will never go back to using corded vacuum cleaners!

Purchased in February 2020 at Bing Lee for A$370.00.

Not happy Jan!

Not happy Jan!South East Queensland, QLD

Better than a Dyson!

I have had this little beauty for over 2 years now.. I previously had a Dyson and got sick of it running out of power well before the job was done, I also found it very uncomfortable with heat and weight on my hand so gave it away... My Bosch is SO much more user friendly, light and easy to manoeuvre, easy to empty and clean and has a removable brush in the head for ease of cleaning ... the suction is as good if not better than the Dyson..and I can do my whole house on full power before the battery dies.. I highly recommend this vac and the price was not over the top like the Dyson..

LOVE love love my mighty Bosch Athlet..

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$339.00.

JackiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very disappointed with purchase and the customer service

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$500.00.

Jacki

How can you be of any help?! I’ve tried to get help from you and you basically brushed me off and told me there was nothing you could do! So why would I even bother calling you?

Wayne Norton

Wayne NortonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Bosch Athlet

Purchased in April 2017 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Kaylene Clare

Kaylene Clare

Disappointing

I was really excited to purchase this product as I currently have a little Black and Decker stick vacuum which jams up on my Persian rug and shag pile rugs. As the Bosch is advertised as doing ALL surfaces, I purchased it on that basis. Not true! It is no more efficient than my cheap Black n Decker and jams just the same on those rugs.
EDIT: to be fair, I have found it will tackle my rugs if I turn the brush off. It seems to be reasonably efficient using it this way.

Purchased in January 2020 for A$549.00.

Hi Kaylene,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your vacuum. If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

big-m

big-mHunter Region, NSW

Really effective with a long run time

This is an excellent cordless which replaces a corded vacuum. It does hard floors and carpets very well. We have not used it in hand held mode as we still have a small cordless that we use for dusting skirting boards, etc. The dust container is easy to empty and the filter is easily removed and shaken out or washed. The power brush is removed without tools and easily cleaned. We recently found that the motor in the rotating brush was broken, well out of warranty. WE purchased one via Bosch Australia spare parts on line. It arrived in 22 hours!

Purchased in July 2016.

Product is used Weekly
Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
C. Ircolo

C. IrcoloGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So far so good

Bought this unit three months ago and so far so good. It does the job of giving 4 bedrooms and three living areas (shared with two big dogs and a cat) a reasonable clean with one charge. It's OK to clean after and the replacement micro filters are cheap on eBay. We like that it can stand in it's spot on its own.

The one improvement I'd suggest: Some areas of our house are quite dark as we keep the shutters closed in summer. So I'd rather replace the six silly blue LEDs with one strong, white LED to illuminate the area ahead of the unit - without blinding the operator.

Purchased in October 2019 at The Good Guys for A$199.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood