Bosch Athlet

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (37) · No (27)
  • Battery Life

Total rubbish

Having had a Bosch washing machine, we thought their vacuum cleaners would be equally good. WRONG. The supposed easy to use handheld gadgets for cleaning stairs is awful and cumbersome. Yes it's sucking power is quite good and the battery lasts long enough before needing to be re-charged. But it sucks all the grit up and then spits it out when at rest. I wish we had paid more money and bought a Dyson. Despite Which? magazine giving this a reasonably good review the truth is it should be on the Don't Buy list.

MeravR

MeravR

Battery dies after ten minutes

My Bosch Athlet is around three years old. For the past year and a half the battery only lasts around 10 minutes.. I called Bosch about six months ago and they didn’t bother calling back. So disappointing. Can I get the batteries replaced?

Purchased in September 2018.

Five stars for first 12 mths...deteriorating since

Noise Level
Battery Life

Kay

KaySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

A few issues

Researched this Vac and little disappointed. Emptying the dust container is messy. The main issue though is the filters... the red light comes on sometimes only 10 mins after starting and I find that I have to wash completely each part of the filter (not just shake off the dust) every time I use it but I have to say that Bosch customer service has been very good and sorted the problem promptly.

Purchased in November 2019 at Appliances Online for $300.00.

Product is usedWeekly

Serious construction failure

After 3 years of use, cracks appeared at the top, just below the hand grip. I sealed the cracks with a strong glue. After 4 years there was more and more play in the place where the top attachment is placed. This became dangerous and I had to seal it with epoxy kit again. Obviously, the engine is too heavy for the far too light plastic construction. I payed for 5 years of warranty but the insurance company told me that I was not covered for cracks in the frame. They explained me that the cracks could have been caused by improper use.....

Purchased in November 2017.

Candy F.

Candy F.

absolute worst

Purchased for $300.00.

Sergey

SergeySydney

Terrible

Purchased in November 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for $450.00.

Kayls

KaylsSydney, NSW

Another snapped handle

I have timber tiles and carpets. This vacuum does not work at all. Cannot pick up anything. The handle snapped. It appears to be a fault based off other reviews.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

Pentland

PentlandMELBOURNE

Snapped handle - only 2 years old

This Bosch Athlet worked well enough on carpet and hard floors, but recently, in the course of normal use, the handle snapped completely, just below the switch near the top of the handle, rendering it unusable- and I suspect, irreparable. Very disappointing for a quality brand like Bosch. No response from their website after several days.

Purchased in July 2018 at Kogan.com for $269.00.

Lamm

Lamm

Disappointed in Bosch

The vacuum worked very well for the first 12 months on both tiles and carpets. The removable hand vacuum was also very handy for cleaning the car. However, the biggest issue with this vacuum is the battery life which has gradually deteriorated. It went from about 30 to 40 minutes of run-time on a full charge to about 5 minutes now. I thought it was just normal but having seen the same reviews from other users, I'm now resigned to the fact that I have a $170 non-functioning vacuum. Very disappointed as I have other Bosch electrical goods that work very well.

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman for $170.00.

Robert V.

Robert V.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Be warned...

Purchased in June 2015 at Harvey Norman for $449.00.

Shay

Shay

Sensor light flashes after only a few minutes

This vacuum does perform well, however in the past couple of months the sensor control light has been flashing red after only a few minutes of use. I'm vigilant about cleaning the filter so I'm at a loss as to what can cause this fault. And it's only a little bit short of two years old.

Very disappointed in Bosch

Purchased in June 2017 at Amazon for $150.00.

tonythack
tonythack
Jenny

JennyPerth, WA

Bosch - very helpful

I purchased this over 12 months ago and initially was very happy but the battery lasts no longer than 3 minutes. Bosch contacted me and sent a new charger. Great to see a company that looks after its customers.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $300.00.

DoJ

DoJMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Battery Dead after 8 months

- Worked fine for 6 to 8 months.
- Handle is a little wobbly after 4 months of use.
- Suction power is good.
- Easy to maintain.
- Battery died after 8 months of use.
- I used it regularly

Spoke to Customer service. They gave a replacement number to exchange it with retail store.

Purchased in October 2019 at The Good Guys for $279.00.

Fitfab

FitfabSydney

Bosch Athlet no longer holding charge

This vacuum has been great up until now, where it doesn’t hold any charge. I charge it fully and when I go to turn it on, it works for about a second and then turns off. Anyone know what this can be and how I can get it fixed?

Purchased in March 2019.

MissBee

MissBeeMelbourne

From Awesome to Awful in Performance and Charge

I've had my Athlet for 2 years and when new could get through my kitchen, dining, lounge and entrance wooden floors in one go, sometimes putting it on turbo (#3) and it cleaned 100%.
Now, it is not lasting half as long, forget turbo, it runs out in 2 mins-(tested) & leaving rolls of dust behind. I clean the brushes & all the filter and I have checked for blockages. So disappointed.

Purchased in July 2018 at Appliances Online for $221.00.

LeeanneGippsland, VIC

Great vac but battery died after 17 months!

Love this vac on both carpet and floor boards. Flexible and easy to use however after owning this vac for 17 months the battery now dies after not even five minutes of vacuuming on level 2! shame considering this cost $298 and doesn't even last two years.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $298.00.

Hi Leeanne,,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your vacuum.
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Leeanne

Thank you, I have called this number. The lady that served me was very helpful :)

No longevity

Have had this product for just over 2yrs & the battery now lasts less than 5mins once taken off the charger. Used on carpet & lino surfaces, the suction power is quite poor, leaving fine debris even when taken immediately off charger. The fine particles seem to stay in the vacuum head & then are left on the floor where the vacuum is stored during charger.

Purchased in May 2018 at The Good Guys.

AJ

AJ

Good Vacuum but battery does not last

I am also sorry to report that after 2 years our battery lasted less than 5 minutes on the medium setting. We had Product Care through Harvey Norman and replaced it with a Dyson but had to pay extra.

Purchased in June 2017 for $299.00.

Mike M.

Mike M.asked

Athlet BCH732KAU (Ultimate 32.4V)

Why does the red light flash

Julie R

Julie R asked

Athlet BCH65MSKAU (Runtime Plus)

My Bosch Athlet is around three years old. For the past year and a half the battery only lasts around 10 minutes. I have persevered with this because this is the best vacuum I’ve ever used - other than the short battery life. I have always unplugged the charger when it’s fully charged. I recommended it to a friend who bought one, I bought one for my daughter and I bought one for work around two years ago. Mine is the only one of the four having issues. I called Bosch about six months ago and they didn’t bother calling back. So disappointing. Can I get the batteries replaced?

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Julie R, Thank you for your feedback, We would be happy to help. In order to protect our customer's privacy, we're unable to discuss your personal information online. If you could email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH12898 in the subject line. We’ll investigate further for you. Kind regards Bosch Home Australia.

JFK

JFKasked

Bosch Athlet

My Bosch Athlet vacuum has suddenly started juddering against the pile of the carpet when I pull it backwards when hoovering, making it hard to do the hoovering and leaving ugly lines on the carpet. I have had the vacuum for 4 years and it has never done this before. What is causing this and will it damage my carpet?

Hi JFK,
We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Vacuum Cleaner. We'd like to help, if you contact us on
1300 369 744. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives

Compare all 6 Bosch Athlet
CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $499.00$699.00$449.00$799.00
Bin Capacity0.9 L0.9 L0.9 L0.9 L
HEPA FilterNoNoNoNo
Weight3.3 kg3.2 kg3.3 kg3.7 kg
TypeCordlessCordlessCordlessCordless
Charging Time6 hours6 hours6 hours6 hours
Running Time 60 min75 min50 min75 min
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Compare all 6 Bosch Athlet