Great vacuums but not very robust

We bought this vacuum January 2016. It performed great picking up all the pet hair etc.
Problems: 1: Short battery life
2: Can't get under beds or low furniture
3: The handle snapped. After a year and a half of use the handle near the top just snapped. We didn't drop or bang it around - it just snapped. When we took it back they accused us of abusing the machine. If this happens to you there is a 2 year warranty and you should get a replacement or refund. Looking at other reviews it has happened to others.

Purchased in January 2018 for $298.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Hi SchemSchem, Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch BCH6255NAU vacuum. We'd like to help, if you can email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH6581 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Soooo disappointed

I purchased this about 6 months ago and was so impressed. Could do almost my entire house on one charge. 6 months later and I now get about 5-6 minutes from it. That is useless to me.

Hi Goldhn,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch BCH6AT25AU vacuum. We'd like to help, if you can email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH6581 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Very good

I purchased this as I had a store credit that I had to use up - I honestly didnt think it would be as good as it is.
My main reason to purchase this was to replace a Dyson handheld that was struggling to pick up bits of kitty litter and kitchen mess (say, popcorn kernels as an example) - they would just flick around the brush-head then drop out when you turn the vacuum off.
This has absolutely no issue whatsoever and is powerful enough to do a quick whip around the whole house (Tiles and Carpet/Rugs) and still have some charge left.
It is very, very easy to move around and it STANDS UP BY ITSELF!!! so it doesnt fall over if you have to stop part way though vacuuming. What I also very much liked about it is you can take off the floor head and handle and then turn it into this ghost-busters style backpack vacuum to do the car/dusting etc. Did a very good job on the car.
I mainly use mine on power level 2 and get about an hours worth of vacuuming done. I do not believe it will ever replace my Rainbow vacuum but it does keep the carpets and tiles very clean in between. Also if you are like me and like to leave vacuum 'lines' in the carpet, this does an awesome job of that. I highly recommend this product.

Hi Simon5353,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch BCH732kAU vacuum, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying your appliance so far. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Thanks so much!

The best cordless vacuum around!

This is amazing! It’s completely replaced my regular vacuum! It’s compact, suction is out of this world! Easy to empty with washable filters etc. Carpet, hard floors no problem! LOVE!

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $460.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Hi Bev H,  We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch BCH65MSKAU Vacuum, we're glad to hear that you find the vacuum amazing. Thank you for sharing your review. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Thank you!! We love it! Next step is the handheld!

Excellet cordless Vacuum cleaner with excellent battery life.

We use this vacuum cleaner around our house which has hardwood floors and and a few rugs.
Cannot live without it with the Kids and dog, does an excellent job of picking up the dirt and duat through the house.
We have had a Dyson and this does a comparable job with a much longer battery life.
The Dysons battery life was simply not up to the task. The filtration system is excellent and catches even the finest particles.
The only reason for the 4 starts is our last bosch had a removable handheld part which was good for getting into tight spaces, this one does not have a removable section.
For general house cleaning of hard floors it does an excellent job and does a very good job on carpet in turbo mode but unfortunatly turbo mode severly limits the battery life.
All points considered this is an excellent cordless vacuume cleaner that is easy ti use and does an admirable job and is much cheaper than other brands.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys Online store.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

It is perfect, it's my go to all the time

You go from carpet to tiles with no fuss, it really sucks up the dirt out of carpet and glides over the tiles no fuss at all I love it

Purchased in August 2014.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Hi Axle28,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch BCH65MSKAU Vacuum, we're glad to hear that you are enjoying the vacuum with no fuss. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Cordless vacs forever

I chose this vacuuum because it had high power and it was cordless (so much easier). I wouldn't go back to corded vacuums ever again after experiencing the convenience. It's lightweight, great suction and good run time. So convenient having it just upright on charge in the corner to use so easily. It's making a louder noise lately but still works really well. recommend

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for $300.00.

Floor Type Tiles
Hi Miss Liss,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch Vacuum BCH6AT25AU, we're glad to hear that you are enjoying the cordless experience. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

This is better than my Dyson!!!

Plenty of power - as much as cord vacuum cleaners
The roller is easy to take apart and clean
Better value for money than a handheld Dyson - Believe me!!
Very happy with my purchase.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood
Hi Adam Simmons,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch BCH6255NAU Vacuum, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying your appliance so far. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Very very good vacuum!

Amazing vacuum, especially compared to the Dyson which would be it's main competitor.

At this price point, there can simply not be a better choice on the market.

It does a spectacular job, wooden floors and carpet, does not matter. it works!
Easy to clean, easy to maintain and easy to empty! can't ask for much more.
The battery life is ok on setting 1 or 2.
When at maximum setting, it does die rather quickly, you'll get about 10 minutes out of it on max.

It's a bit heavy, but not too heavy to be annoying.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for $298.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Hi Siemen F, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch BCH6AT25AU Vacuum, we're glad to hear that your vacuum is easy to use and clean. Thank you for sharing your feedback on the battery life. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Excellent suction for a stick vac.

More than pleased with suction performance on floors and carpets as well. Excellent battery time.
Changing to hand-held is a little fiddly, so make sure you do all your hand cleaning at the same time.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman for $495.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Hi Bluebottle,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch BCH65MSKAU Vacuum, we're glad to hear that your enjoying the suction of the battery life. Thank you for sharing your feedback on changing to hand held. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great value for money, solid product

As good as it gets, get roughly 45 minutes on full power, does wet and dry and pulls stubborn dog hair from carpet. Could just be a two power setting as the low setting is useless, other than that, it's lightweight, sleek, maneuverable and with a voucher code to bring it to the $150ish bracket it's the best thing at its price.

Purchased in January 2019 for $190.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Hi Marty S,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch _ BCH6255NAU Vacuum, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying your appliance so far. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Brand loyalty

We were very pleased with this mighty vac - ideal for a quick spruce up rather than lug our barrel vac upstairs for a more thorough job. The 10 mins running time on max was fine for a spruce up. Within 6 months of the 2 year factory warranty expiring though the run time was down to a couple of minutes.
A phone call to the Bosch customer care line then an email attaching the product receipt saw them mail (no charge - no pun intended) a replacement charging cord. When using the new cord didn't fix the problem another phone call saw them offer to replace the vac with a new one. The vac was 6 months out of warranty but they replaced it. It's service like this that could cause an outbreak of brand loyalty.

Purchased in August 2016 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $399.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
Hi Ian,  Thanks for your review. We're so glad to hear about your positive customer experience. We appreciate the feedback about your Bosch Athlet BCH6AT25AU, and we're glad to hear that your enjoying how quick and easy it is to use the appliance. Thank you for taking the time and sharing your positive experience. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Excellent Machine but the filters could be made better

Compared to my Dyson V7 this is a dream machine. Collects the dirt a lot better than the Dyson but is a little harder to glide on the carpets. Battery works well. The only downside are the filters are not as good

Purchased in July 2017.

Floor Type Carpet

SO much better the a Dyson!!

I was always a Dyson owner, I thought they were by far the best. I was so wrong. After my Dyson broke for the 2 time in 6 months, I switches to a Bosch, and can I just say it is the BEST!
The run time on it is great, I can do my entire house in one charge, where I couldn't do that with my other vacuum. It is easy to empty and clean. It works well on all surfaces although I do find it does use a lot more charge on carpets, Which is fine they are harder to clean. I use mine on hardwood, tiles and carpet and it works great on all of them.

Purchased in December 2018.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Hi laurenk168,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch BCH6AT25AU Athlet Vacuum. We're glad to hear that your finding the vacuum easy to use on all types of flooring. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

disappointed

had it four months when on high setting blows out more dust than it sucks in ,also when it does that the brushes stop working cleaned filters still the same

Purchased in December 2018.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Hi Geoff W,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch BBH65ATHGB vacuum We'd like to help, if you can email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com and we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

This is what I looking for long time !

This Bosch Vacuum is what I was looking for long time, I have corded vacuum at the moment which was very hard to use when you have two kids under five and time very consuming and extremely hard to handle.
I started using this a week ago and this thing works perfectly on my tiles, carpet and stairs , very convenient to move around my double story home.
The light alert for cleaning the filter is very helpful indicator , super easy to take out dirt from the container. I would have to now get rid of my corded vacuum which I had for long time and now I can’t live without my Bosch Vacuum which is durable, affordable , portable and powerful little thing.
Just love it ......

Purchased in February 2019.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Hi vineetkaur46,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch BCH6AT25AU Athlet Vacuum. We're so glad that you're enjoying the products suction and easy to use settings. Thank you for sharing your experience, it's so nice to hear you "can’t live without it". If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Everyone should have one of these

This thing does an amazing job, it cleans better than than our plug in vacuum on full, and is really convenient not having to worry about cords etc. On medium power it can (just) clean the house If you're quick about it. Had it about 6 months now, battery hasn't noticeably deteriorated.

Purchased in August 2018.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Hi Matthew,  Thanks so much for your positive feedback about the Bosch Athlet we really appreciate it. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the convenience of using the cord free appliance. Thank you for sharing your experience. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the appliance, please feel free to call us on 1300 167 425.Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Use with ease

It's been really - extremely easy to use, turns well, gets under things with no problems.
I have both tiles and carpet. The lowest power setting isn't great and never use it. The middle setting works well with tiles and the max power has no issues with carpets. I have 2 cats and it all comes out well.
Obviously, the power will drain quickly on the max setting - so best to not meander when doing it. But I can get through my house, just, with using middle and max settings.

The only real problem I have is that I can't change it from normal push vacuum to the carry around version. I quite simply can not push the attachment button hard enough (which others have also struggled with) to change it.

Purchased in April 2018.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Hi Aly55, Thanks so much for your feedback about the Bosch Athlet. We're so glad to hear that you're findings the vacuum easy to use. In regards to your concerns, if you would like to call our team on 1300 369 744 and we'll see if we can assist in anyway.Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Powerful Vacuum

We purchased the Bosch Athlet Runtime Plus for our apartment which is predominantly carpet and have been extremely impressed with its power and usability. The alert light for cleaning the filter is also really helpful. Also works well on tiles and applying different components for cleaning skirting boards and hard to reach places. Compact and durable.

Purchased in May 2018 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Hi MTS, We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch BCH65MSKAU vacuum, we're glad to hear that you are extremely impressed with the power of the appliance. Thank you for sharing your review, If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

“This is perfect”

For me the athlete cordless vacuum cleaner has a rating of “5” it’s brilliant and so easy to use and clean with. The vacuum has 3 power settings level 1 isn’t that good! Yet level 2 is very good for the carpet and tiles.

Purchased in February 2019.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Hi Souad El Masri, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch vacuum, we're glad to hear that you are finding the appliance so easy to use and clean with. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

My Bosch Athlet which I have had for over three years cuts out after five minutes use with the battery showing as fully drained. Do I need a new battery?
Hi KarenR,  Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Athlet vacuum. We'd like to help, if you can email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH6596 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

The switch won't advance to turbo
Hi Patrick,  Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Athlet. We'd like to help, if you can email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH6519 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.I originally sent a query regarding the battery. You requested copies of reciepts which I sent. No further action on your part. Someone suggested you would send a new charger. Didn't get one. Now the switch wont move to turbo. Is this the best I can expect?Hi Patrick, Thank you for your update review. To assist further please email socialmedia.au@bshg.com quoting BSH6519. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Hi should my bosch athlet stay fully lit up once charged and still plugged into charger? Or should the lights go completely off? Thanks in advance
pretty sure when mine is fully charged the lights are illuminated and not flashingHi Sonya, Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Vacuum. This depends on the age of your model, the lights used to remain illuminated once charged, but last year an update was made so that for new models the lights all switch off once charged. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Bosch Home Appliances Athlet BCH6AT25AU (White)Bosch Home Appliances Athlet BCH65MSKAU (Runtime Plus)Bosch Home Appliances Athlet BCH6255NAU (Dark Navy)Bosch Home Appliances Athlet BCH732KAU (Ultimate 32.4V)Bosch Home Appliances Athlet BCH6PETAU (Tomato Red)Bosch Home Appliances Athlet BBH65ATHGB (White)
CategoryStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $499.00$699.00$449.00$799.00
Bin Capacity0.9 L0.9 L0.9 L0.9 L0.9 L0.9 L
HEPA FilterNoNoNoNoNoNo
Weight3.3 kg3.2 kg3.3 kg3.7 kg3 kg
Power SourceBatteryBatteryBatteryBatteryBatteryBattery
Charging Time6 hours6 hours6 hours6 hours6 hours6 hours
Running Time 60 min75 min50 min75 min65 min
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)

Download manual