Excellent Machine but the filters could be made better

Compared to my Dyson V7 this is a dream machine. Collects the dirt a lot better than the Dyson but is a little harder to glide on the carpets. Battery works well. The only downside are the filters are not as good

Purchased in July 2017.

Floor Type Carpet

SO much better the a Dyson!!

I was always a Dyson owner, I thought they were by far the best. I was so wrong. After my Dyson broke for the 2 time in 6 months, I switches to a Bosch, and can I just say it is the BEST!
The run time on it is great, I can do my entire house in one charge, where I couldn't do that with my other vacuum. It is easy to empty and clean. It works well on all surfaces although I do find it does use a lot more charge on carpets, Which is fine they are harder to clean. I use mine on hardwood, tiles and carpet and it works great on all of them.

Purchased in December 2018.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Hi laurenk168,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch BCH6AT25AU Athlet Vacuum. We're glad to hear that your finding the vacuum easy to use on all types of flooring. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

disappointed

had it four months when on high setting blows out more dust than it sucks in ,also when it does that the brushes stop working cleaned filters still the same

Purchased in December 2018.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Hi Geoff W,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch BBH65ATHGB vacuum We'd like to help, if you can email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com and we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

This is what I looking for long time !

This Bosch Vacuum is what I was looking for long time, I have corded vacuum at the moment which was very hard to use when you have two kids under five and time very consuming and extremely hard to handle.
I started using this a week ago and this thing works perfectly on my tiles, carpet and stairs , very convenient to move around my double story home.
The light alert for cleaning the filter is very helpful indicator , super easy to take out dirt from the container. I would have to now get rid of my corded vacuum which I had for long time and now I can’t live without my Bosch Vacuum which is durable, affordable , portable and powerful little thing.
Just love it ......

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Hi vineetkaur46,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch BCH6AT25AU Athlet Vacuum. We're so glad that you're enjoying the products suction and easy to use settings. Thank you for sharing your experience, it's so nice to hear you "can’t live without it". If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Everyone should have one of these

This thing does an amazing job, it cleans better than than our plug in vacuum on full, and is really convenient not having to worry about cords etc. On medium power it can (just) clean the house If you're quick about it. Had it about 6 months now, battery hasn't noticeably deteriorated.

Purchased in August 2018.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Hi Matthew,  Thanks so much for your positive feedback about the Bosch Athlet we really appreciate it. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the convenience of using the cord free appliance. Thank you for sharing your experience. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the appliance, please feel free to call us on 1300 167 425.Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Use with ease

It's been really - extremely easy to use, turns well, gets under things with no problems.
I have both tiles and carpet. The lowest power setting isn't great and never use it. The middle setting works well with tiles and the max power has no issues with carpets. I have 2 cats and it all comes out well.
Obviously, the power will drain quickly on the max setting - so best to not meander when doing it. But I can get through my house, just, with using middle and max settings.

The only real problem I have is that I can't change it from normal push vacuum to the carry around version. I quite simply can not push the attachment button hard enough (which others have also struggled with) to change it.

Purchased in April 2018.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Hi Aly55, Thanks so much for your feedback about the Bosch Athlet. We're so glad to hear that you're findings the vacuum easy to use. In regards to your concerns, if you would like to call our team on 1300 369 744 and we'll see if we can assist in anyway.Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Powerful Vacuum

We purchased the Bosch Athlet Runtime Plus for our apartment which is predominantly carpet and have been extremely impressed with its power and usability. The alert light for cleaning the filter is also really helpful. Also works well on tiles and applying different components for cleaning skirting boards and hard to reach places. Compact and durable.

Purchased in May 2018 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Hi MTS, We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch BCH65MSKAU vacuum, we're glad to hear that you are extremely impressed with the power of the appliance. Thank you for sharing your review, If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

“This is perfect”

For me the athlete cordless vacuum cleaner has a rating of “5” it’s brilliant and so easy to use and clean with. The vacuum has 3 power settings level 1 isn’t that good! Yet level 2 is very good for the carpet and tiles.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Hi Souad El Masri, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch vacuum, we're glad to hear that you are finding the appliance so easy to use and clean with. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Absolutely Fabulous

Okay, so I have a great normal vacuum cleaner which cleans all my carpets and tiles but for those days I just want to run over a vacuum on every day pet hair on floors or for those unexpected spills of crumbs etc this is the machine.

I cannot fault this machine. It is just brillant and so easy to use and clean.

The vacuum has 3 power settings and obviously if you use the higher setting for everything you will run out of power sooner. I find for cleaning my tiles, Setting 1 is efficient at picking up dog hairs but for my carpet, I tend to use Setting 2 or 3 depending on what I might be trying to pick up. It's not often that when I clean all my areas that I need to power up the machine if it runs out of battery. If I am using full power and the light starts flashing, I just plug in and recharge the battery up ready for next time I need it which would probably be the next day, thanks to our dog's fur.

Remember this is not a vacuum that is going to just pick up everything and off you go. You do have to check the container to make sure it's not full. Obviously with pet fur, I have to change this all the time but it's very simple to do but it can be messy especially if you are allergic to pet hair or dust. I tend to take it outside and put into a bag. Every few weeks, I also take the container and sponge and filter out to give it a good clean. The filter only needs a cloth to wipe over it but the sponge, I have to wash in water to remove all the dust and dirt. Just make sure it is completely dry before putting it all back together again.

Cleaning the brush is easy as as there is a release button down the bottom and the brush just comes out so you can use scissors to cut off the hair and then pull all the hair off the brush. I wish my main vacuum did that.

The handle of the machine is comfortable to hold.

When using Setting turbo on your carpet you fill find the machine feels heavier to push but I only use that for if the carpet is heavily soiled so Setting 2 is not as heavy.

I am impressed with the results of this machine which are so fantastic. I actually find myself using this every day and then once a month or if someone is coming for dinner the big vaccum sees the light.

When we bought our machine it did have a price tag of $499 which I thought, no way but I was given a price of $298 and that suited me. I have had my machine since October, 2017 and not had any problems with it at all and I use it all the time.

This would have to be the best hand held stick cordless vacuum cleaner on the market. I have seen others in action and this one is the winner.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi justkatz,  Thanks for sharing your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch Athlet BCH6AT25AU. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliances suction power and find it easy to operate. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Great suction. Long lasting battery

I have a small apartment, mostly carpet some tile.
I’ve used this vacuum for a few months now on at least a weekly basis.
The battery lasts for the whole use in my apartment. The turbo head is great. And is strong suction.

Purchased in September 2018 for $650.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Hi Paddy,  Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch Athlet BCH6255NAU, we're glad to hear that the battery last for the whole use in your apartment. Thank you for sharing that you find the turbo head great and suction so strong. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Decent suction, poor battery

Seems basically well designed, the container is small, but that is the normal for stick vacuums.
3 speeds is an interesting feature, but the lowest speed seems pointless and turns the power head off. I would much rather just have a switch to turn the power head on and off. Unfortunately the quoted run time is based on using the unit on the lowest speed. On its highest speed, this vacuum will only run for 10 to 15 minutes, with the expectation that this run time will reduce as the vacuum/battery ages.
The extra weight of this vacuum (compared to other stick vacuums) may also be an issue for some users, especially on stairs.

Purchased in August 2018.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Hi Andy,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback and can appreciate your concerns. If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great Vacuum. Will replace with my current vacuum in a heartbeat.

First impressions definitely did last. The vacuum was easy to assemble, I was able to do so prior to reading the instruction manual. The first charge was completed overnight. I first used the vacuum up stairs using Turbo (level 3) on the carpet and Level 1 on the tiles in the bathroom, it was used for a total of 15 minutes before needing to be charged again. I was very impressed with the suction of the vacuum, I was amazed at how much this vacuum did pick up (human hair, dust and sewing threads) and was very easy to maneuver around furniture. The vacuum was very quiet on level 1 and louder on Turbo, not any louder than a regular vacuum. The second time the vacuum was used was downstairs, it was much lighter than our regular vacuum and easily carried downstairs, the vacuum was used on tiled floors and a shaggy rug, the vacuum was used on Turbo (level 3) on the rug and 1 on the tiles, the rug came up excellent, once again impressed with the suction picking up (pet hair, play doh, dust), the vacuum very easily cleaned the tiles on level 1. The dust bin did need to be emptied twice upstairs and once down stairs during use, where our regular vacuum may have only needed to be emptied once, in saying this it was very easy to remove and empty, I do suggest having the canister in the bin when removing the filter prior to emptying as this part can be quite a messy job. All in all a great vacuum and highly recommended.

Good for quick pickups

I wanted a vacuum cleaner that will do the job of cleaning tiled floors. This vacuum certainly does it with a minimum of fuss. There is a downside to when using this cleaner on carpet, it is very hard to push when on power setting 3, so I tend to use power setting 2. This does a good job of cleaning the whole house within the 30 minute time limit. I noticed that to clean the filter you need to wear a face mask as the dust can be very bad if inhaled by people who are asthmatics. I tend to leave my vacuum cleaner on charge during the day and switch it off at night. The one other point that left a sore point with me and I had a go at Bosch was the registration of the warranty, they didn't want to know anything about me and the product that I bought. I said to the Bosch customer service fellow that when this vacuum cleaner dies it will end up at the tip and I will not be bothering with the repairs.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Wambat,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch vacuum, we're glad to hear that you are able to clean your home within 30 minutes. If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Very very happy with purchase. So powerful!!

This stick vacuum cleaner is as poweful as my conventional Miele vacuum cleaner.
Since I was going to use this cleaner just to clean under the dining table where my baby drops lots of food,my expectation was not very high when I purchased. However, because this is so powerful and easy to use,I can almost replace my other cleaner.I wish I can get one more for upstairs use.
I paid $299 at Harvey Norman. Original price was $500.I was deciding between Bosch 2 in 1 ready'yy model but as Athlet is so powerful,I am happy that I paid extra $100 to get this model.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Hi Joe,  Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch BCH6AT25AU Vacuum, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the power of the appliance. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Vacuums hard, drains battery harder

I am using this model for around 8 months now. When it comes to pick up the dirt or small bits of paper from a concrete floor or carpet, this thing shows it's value. It cleans like a charm and you can tell that from amount of stuff that is inside it after vacuuming.
On a concrete floor, really don't need to go full setting, the minimum does the trick, so that's good. But with the full power setting, a fully charged stick will not last for more than 20 minutes, I do not know if this is a norm, but I expected better.

Pros -
1. Vacuums great.
2. A low setting cleans concrete floor good, saving battery.
3. Cleaning the hair stuck on the brush roll at the bottom is easy.
4. Good dirt/rubbish holding capacity.

Cons -
1. Expected more battery power.
2. Heavier than Dyson's comparable model.
3. Cleaning the filter is not an easy task.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Mohak,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the feedback about your Bosch Athlet vacuum, Thank you for sharing your Pros and Cons. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great Vacuum Cleaner but has a rubbish handle!

We have had this vacuum for 2 years now and the handle has broken 3 times. It is not made for thick carpet!! Great vacuum for the quick clean. They tell me I have broken the handle twice there is no replacement.The handle needs the be made of stronger material.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi jornel10, Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your vacuum cleaner. We'd like to see if we can help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Works well initially but does not last long enough - Issue Resolved by Bosch Social Media team

EDIT:

Thanks to Bosch Social Media team who has responded to my review and then arranged an exchange.

Original Post:
This works very well for the initial months. I have used it mainly on carpet. A bit heavier than Dyson Stick vacuums but easy to manage. However, after a couple of years, just as stated in the previous few reviews I have found the charge does not last long. In fact after 2 years and 4 months it has stopped charging and working.

I have taken the vacuum to a couple of retailers to see whether it's a problem with charger or not. But even with their charger it's not charging. So much marketing gimmick with long life battery!!!

It's not very cheap as a cordless vacuum (costed me $349). Better to buy a vacuum which lasts more than 2.5 years at this price.

I contacted the Bosch Helpline before posting this review and after taking all my details, the customer service representative just said there will be a call out charge, When I have enquired the amount and how the process works, the representative had no clue. I was kept on hold for 15-20 minutes, and then was told that someone will contact me. It's been more than two days nobody contacted me. I have never expected such a terrible customer service from a reputable company like Bosch.

Purchased in June 2016 at Harvey Norman for $349.00.

Floor Type Carpet
Hi Krisyd, Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with charging your vacuum. We'd like to help, if you could please email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH4212 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

perfect for my house

I've had this for a few months. Got some new 'wood' vinyl flooring in my town house. I wanted something to do quick cleans as now I need to vacuum several times a week. I have a long hair cat and a dog. This has become my go to cleaner. My Meile is 10 years old and I was using this for the big cleans, however the power head recently broke so I've had to use the Bosch. I don't even need the Meile anymore! The Bosch cleans my two story, two bed in one charge. I use the medium setting on the vinyl, the wood stairs, the tiled areas, the velvet foot stool, the sheepskin rug, the wool rug, the lounges.... EVERYWHERE. This machine sucks up so much fluff it makes my head spin. Tips - even though it still sucks, when I see the canister stop spinning I empty it. Need to do this about three times when I do the entire house. The rollers are so easy to clean and I've done this twice since I bought it. It's not too heavy and agile enough to zip around and get under furniture and up the stairs. I love this machine and I would definitely purchase again.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Perry,  Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch BCH6255NAU Vacuum, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying zipping around the house with the appliance. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

So quick and easy to use.

This vacuum cleaner is light, quick and easy to use, I have owned it for around 8 months now. I have really long hair and when I first purchased this machine I was horrified at just how much hair it picked up that my Dyson hadn't been able to. Judging by the dirt that the cleaner picked up in the first few uses, I can say with confidence that it does a better job than my dyson barrel.

I vacuum carpets and hard floor most days and it is great for spot cleaning too. Battery life has been really good, I get at least an hour of use per charge.

The empty sensor on mine doesn't work correctly, it is permanently indicating that the cleaner needs to be emptied, but I empty it each time that I use it so that's not a concern for me.

Overall I really recommend this product, my only regret is that I did not purchase it sooner.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Jacqueline, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch BCH6AT25AU Vacuum, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

After 3 years, charge is gone

I loved this little vacuum cleaner on my tiled floors, but after a couple of years I have noticed the charge doesn’t last the stated 75 minutes, more like 8-10 minutes after a full charge of 10 hours. A have now googled this problem and see it is common place. The initial reviews were when purchased new and now the bad reviews after two years are surfacing. What a bloody shame, but what would one expect - another throw away item. Might pay to purchase the extended warranty when purchasing this machine.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Hi Heather Donald, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch BCH6255NAU Vacuum. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.