Bosch GDX 18V-EC

Bosch GDX 18V-EC

See the Best Drills in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Bosch Power Tools

3.8
    Lord D.
    Lord D.South East Queensland, QLD

Nice piece of gear

I purchased this driver to replace my last Bosch driver which lasted 6 years .
    I'm happy with it
    The only gripe is the retainer clip for the drive fails after every 3-4 months which is a $6 DIY repair
    I've read other reviews about lack of power but they seem to use it as a impact wrench which is another tool with more power to do the job.
    I use a 4amp battery which gets me almost a week I use it every day.

Purchased for $189.

Bosch Power Tools
    GracieBosch Power Tools
    Rossco
    RosscoMelbourne

Vastly underpowered

If you plan on purchasing one of these impact drivers, I'd recommend also purchasing a good socket set as you will need it. I purchased this item less than 6 weeks ago and although it works, it is unable to undo wheel nuts and bolts that I can easily undo with a manual socket set, which defeats the purpose of having this tool. The forward/reverse switch also sticks and takes a few goes to get it into the reverse setting. Not what I expected from Bosch. Their German made washing machines are amazing, but I won't be buying anymore of their tools. I am unable to find the receipt anywhere, so I can't return it and won't sell an item I wouldn't buy myself, so it looks like this driver is going in the bin. What a waste of my hard earned cash...

Date PurchasedSept 2018
    Michael
    MichaelMid North Coast, NSW

You would be best spending money on another brand

The impact drive lacks power. I have sent the drive for repair under warranty. It is a professional tool and I've waited almost a month for the drive to be returned. I've had to buy another impact driver in order to work. The batteries are also sub standard. I purchase a 4 skin kit. The saw had to go back for repair. The grinder makes very sad noises. The shop that sold the Bosh kit even complains about Bosh service. Do yourself a favour and look around for something else.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
    william
    williamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great compact machine

I watched too many YouTube review for impact driver competition. Bosch is not impressive as many new products released recently. But I used gdx for almost 3 years as traide duty. This machine never let me down. Heaps power, great size and weight also the durability. Speed control is great not like another drill only faster speed also excellent handling grip, never get sore arm even hold for whole day. You have to get one in your toolbox.

Date PurchasedJune 2015
    Drills

Find out how Bosch GDX 18V-EC compares to other Drills

James
    James

Very impressed with Lithium Ion Batteries from Bosch!

Didn't have a clue what an impact driver is but was convinced by a Bosch Rep. of what it does so I purchased this Impact Driver/Wrench with 6.0Ah 18V. Used it to install 110 x 35mm TEK screws and only after 105 screws, the battery bar dropped from 3 to 2. It still have loads of juice and I am very pleased with its overall performance drilling through 1mm Stratco beams. I would truly recommend one unless you want to pay more for a Festool PDC 18/4Li!

Date PurchasedMar 2017
    Kennoath
    KennoathSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worth every penny

After buying this, I can't believe I used old school drills and drivers for so long. The brushless bosch is light, powerful, batteries last a long time and charge quickly. Lots of bits available with hex drive, there's never a reason to get out the old drill. Update 14 months after purchase: still going strong. Best tool in my garage.

Date PurchasedJan 2016