Bosch PSR 14.4 LI-2 / 18 LI-2 / 18 LI

18 LI-2, 14.4 LI-2, 18 LI (See All)
See the Best Drills in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Bosch Power Tools

4.2

Not happy with performance.

I bought the above and took it back shortly after regarding the chuck dumping the bits.The drill was changed without question.Now around 3 years later and home handyman use I find that nothing happens when the trigger is pulled regardless that both batteries are fully charged.The only way to make it sort of work is to slide out the battery and reattach with the trigger partially pulled.If I let the trigger go it will not work again until I go through the same procedure.As a consequence I dont get any work done and the drill is in effect useless.Has anyone else had this problem.
    Graham

Purchased for $240.

Keith Humm
    Keith HummAU

Just OK. Some poor quality innards hidden by good quality outsides

Purchased in May 2017 at Mitre 10 for $250.

Bosch Power Tools
    GracieBosch Power ToolsSend a private message
    Uncle Wallie
    Uncle WallieNorth-West & West coast, TAS

I have 2 of these drills.

I purchased my first drill many years ago and I could not fault it. My mate had one the same age and he didn't have good luck with his so he gave it to me. The trouble he had was he said that it wouldn't change speeds, Lo and behold I had no trouble with it changing speeds other than it was a bit stiff to slide the switch. I told him the ( problem ) and asked if he wanted it back but , no, he had already purchased another model, so I still have both drills and I have used them both solidly . I have purchased another spare battery because one of the original batteries died after it was dropped and the internal pack seperated which killed it

Purchased for $109.

GSteele7335
    GSteele7335Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Been very happy with them

I purchased this drill & driver combo about 6 years ago. It came standard with 4 X 3.0Ah batteries. I paid $459 for them from Bunnings. I do a fair amount of work with these and I am fairly fussy about what I buy. These have performed beautifully since day one. They feel good in the hand. Plenty of power. Batteries last a long time. Have never missed a beat. Very happy with them.

tassietony
    tassietonyHobart, TAS

Mostly great

I've had this drill for around 4 years. Its tough, reliable and both batteries are still in good shape which is what kills other cordless drills I have owned. Done lots of hard work too. Only problem is that it consistently spits out drill bits and driver bits because the chuck does not retain its tightness, also reported by another reporter. Its enough to put me off buying another one when this eventually fails.

Purchased in June 2014 for $199.

Kate
    KateGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love this drill

Very happy with this Bosch drill.
    Purchased at Bunnings for around $120. It came in a hard case with 2 Lithium batteries and charger.
    The battery seems to last a long time and is compatible with other tools of the same line which is convenient.
    Easy to use, has light and battery gauge on the drill.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
    Jimbo
    JimboGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bo's view

Great value for money drill with 1hr fast charge, comes with 2 battery's and cost less that $100.00 from Bunnings. Doesn't come with drill bits or driver bits but good value for money. Lightweight enough for my wife to use with ease and will look at buying more Bosch products now.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.14 Feb 2022
    Rohan01
    Rohan01MELBOURNE

Perfect home drill

I've had this drill for over 5 years now as it was given as a present. It has never missed a beat in the whole time I've had it. It comes with two batteries which hold their charge for an inordinate amount of time as I have never needed to use it and found it flat.

I've used it for home repairs, some minor bathroom renovations and drilled into brick walls regularly.

I highly recommend this drill.

Ant12
    Ant12Perth, WA

Great Product For The Money

Hi The Bosch Drill I have owned for 18months and has not missed a beat. Is great for around the home i have used it on alot of renovations and work on my rental properties. I would recommend to anybody requiring a drill for jobs around the home or renovations. For larger jobs or commercial works then i would go Bosch Blue but all in all great Drill for the price does what it is intended too.

Sam
    Sam

Chuck unwinds & throws drill bit

This product was defective as the chuck kept coming loose & dropping the drill bit. We went on Amazon and another tool test website & heaps of others posted the same problem. Go for the AEG Combo kit instead- includes impact driver & is tradesman quality. The Bosch green line is handyman grade.

David
    DavidMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Joy to use

I've had this drill for around five years now and apart from a faulty battery which needed replacing when I first got it (under warranty thankfully), it has not let me down since.

The lights indicating the remaining battery charge are useful and the dual speeds are handy for selecting the slower speed to drill in screws. It's very comfortable to use and the single-handed method of tightening the chuck is a lot more convenient than some older drills I've used which require the base of the chuck to be held stationary.

It's a great drill to use.

Muggins
    MugginsAU

never had a better drill

I bought this drill years ago around $200. I rarely use the corded drill I have. This has been one tough little tool, you name it it will handle it. It's in use every day and the battery lasts for close on a week without recharge. I know some who have bought the cheaper Bosch versions and they've had problems, eventually they all bought the same model I have. Can't sing it's praises enough! Only one thing went wrong with it. The metal plates on the back of the drill came adrift. a bit of liquid nails solved that indefinitely.

joh31
    joh31Sydney, NSW

Surprisingly rugged. Very reliable

This drill has copped everything from the time I bought it a year ago. Tin roofs, carpentry, joinery, multiple lend-outs and quite a bit of careless dropping and abuse. It continues to work valiantly. The two year warranty is a ripper even though I haven't needed to claim on it. Its nice to buy something that does not break. Its domestic quality but performs like a Metabo or a Dewalt.
    Initially, the price. Since then, the toughness and reliability. Light to handle and mostly enough power. I like the LED which activates when you squeeze the throttle.
    The case is a bit flimsy but still OK.

JimmyAl