Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

Simone

SimoneSydney, NSW

Bosch SMS66MI02A

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys.

quick cycle defaults to 59 minutes

Purchased for $1,089.00.

Herb MAU

QUIET, EFFICIENT & EXCELLENT VALUE DISHWASHER

Bought the SMS66JIO1A after our 10-year-old Meile had a pump failure.
We know parts are very expensive so we opted for a different brand.
We researched Choice to help us select the right brand and model for our needs and wants.
I've heard no complaints from the wife, who is very fussy when it comes to cleaning, so the Bosch machine must be cleaning and drying equal to or better than the Meile.
Also, it is much quieter than the Meile and it switches off when the washing is complete.
The BIG plus is the savings in $ compared to Meile.
Lastly, the stainless steel finish does not show finger or watermarks.

Purchased in September 2019 at The Good Guys for $956.00.

Dee

DeeGippsland, VIC

Considering buying. Concerned about servicing in my area.

Hello,
I am considering buying this dishwasher, however I did read that there is no service repair in Gippsland, which is where I am based. Is this something that has been resolved? Or plan to be resolved?

Shingles

ShinglesSydney, NSW

So quiet and efficient. Should have bought this sooner!

Purchased in July 2019 at Good Guys, Bankstown NSW for $938.00.

SMcSouth East Queensland, QLD

We received this dishwasher after our previous smeg dishwasher stopped working. It was replaced under the Harvey Norman product care warranty. This dishwasher is excellent. It is very quite and it actually cleans the dishes!!!The old smeg one would leave some dishes in every wash, dirty. We have had it for over 6 months now and can't fault it. Excellent product!

Purchased in January 2019.

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi SMc, Thanks for your update review.
We'd like to help, if you can email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH6857 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Jeff

JeffSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Dishwasher we have ever had

Purchased a Bosch Dishwasher and it is brilliant. Looked at lots of brands and specs and the Bosch did everything we wanted and more. Purchased the German-made machine and it was worth it. Stainless steel inner shell is important. It is quiet and cleans brilliantly.
It just works!
Wouldn't hesitate in recommending the German manufactured Bosch dishwashers

Purchased at Appliances Online.

ccn

ccnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Silent efficient workhorse

I purchased this dishwasher 4 months ago. The 1 st thing I noticed was how quiet it was, to the extent that I had to keep checking it was on . German manufacture gave me a confidence of quality workmanship.
It gets used every day and sometimes twice .
The dishes come out clean every time , the filter is easy to get to and its easy to use .
The additional cutlery rack was originally thought to be a good idea until, I found it stopped me from using the top rack for small quarter plates - hence I took it out .

Purchased in April 2019 at Appliances Direct Online for $1,099.00.

jopey14

jopey14Perth, WA

Great quiet dishwasher

Great dishwasher, replacing old Bosch 8 years, this one is almost the same but much quieter

The controls are a bit more complicated, because it has more options available, I especially like the extra dry feature, it adds 10 minutes to the cycle but the dishes come out much dryer

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman for $950.00.

Tania

TaniaNortheast, VIC

Better than I expected!

Fantastic mid range priced dishwasher that is very quiet. I love the speed perfect option and the ability to move the utensil basket anywhere along the bottom. Although I rinse before placing in dishwasher it cleans dishes beautifully even when they have caked on food (pasta bakes and lasagne dishes). We had an issue with an error message after a couple of weeks (water in bottom of dishwasher had set off the sensor and it wouldn't work), but hubby googled the message and was able to fix it immediately.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $995.00.

Louise v.

Louise v.

Fantastic Bosch Dishwasher

We have had 2 Bosch dishwashers, both are fantastic and clean very well. I would not hesitate to purchase another. Recently we installed a new laundry and the dishwasher space was made 1cm too low. An easy fix, this dishwasher allowed me to remove the top which meant we could slide the dishwasher in to the cabinet. Very easy to do and it still looked attractive. Thanks.

Purchased in August 2014.

Hi ,
Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS66MI02A Dishwasher.
If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.

Donald B.

Donald B.

Nice Dishwasher, We should have purchased another Brand

It's a great looking dishwasher, it does a good job of washing the dishes, my wife loves the utility tray at the top and the delay function is great for off peak electricity saving.
The only reason for the 1 star they do not have a Service Agent in Gippsland where I am located and if it develops a fault it's my problem which has been the issue with a cooktop I purchased around the same time. Bosch don't want to know you when this happens. They don't call back, Customer service is not good. I have been chasing them for weeks.

Purchased in May 2019.

MumWithKids

MumWithKidsSydney, NSW

SO QUIET

This is a great dishwasher.
The first time I tested it, it so quiet I had to put my ear to it to check it was working.
Cleans dishes well has lots of different options, looks nice, what more do you want.

Purchased in June 2019 for $899.00.

tilly

tillySouth East Queensland, QLD

I am a bit disappointed

My old Bosch dishwasher of 9 yrs needed repairing and decided I wanted a new one. After reading the good reviews on this model I decided to buy one. Yes it is quite but was disappointed that it left tea stains in the cups. I was using the recommended tablets and the 60 min quick wash. It also had a horrible smell when I took all the packaging off . It lasted a few days even after being used. I have only had the dishwasher for a short time so have not tried out all the programs.

Purchased in June 2019 for $938.00.

john

johnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A perfect machine

Ease of use, not too noisy. Got it from appliance online, they delivered it to the door and fixed it for me. Washes over 95 percent of utensils as it should. For utensils with burnt marks on the inside or extremely tough stains, I had to take them out and scrub with my hands. Overall a good machine but a bit pricey. Am still happy with it.

Purchased in February 2019 at appliance online for $1,066.00.

KLM

KLMSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it so far! Super quiet.

Have only had this for a few days, so can't review longevity, but I am loving this dishwasher so far. It's super quiet and does a great job washing. It also has a lot of room.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys Online store for $935.00.

Shane H.

Shane H.South East Queensland, QLD

your choice

lasted 2 years came up with a e27 code and stop working look on net 5 for sale with same problem only days out of warranty!!! worked well up to then but 2 years .will not have a bosch again.

Purchased in February 2017 at The Good Guys for $1,200.00.

Twinstar

Twinstar

Great dishwasher and great service!

I've had this dishwasher for 2.5 years. Just recently the heating element failed (the E09 error I've seen others on this page have). I was just out of warranty and could see from other reviewers on this page that Bosch had been really good at assisting with out-of-warranty repairs. I contacted them directly and they did not disappoint. A repairer was out today to replace the water pump at no charge and it's as good as new. I'll be a Bosch customer for life!

Purchased in September 2016.

rodtrish

rodtrishIllawarra, NSW

Very Good .

Has a speedy cycle for light soiled dishes. Quiet,
I use the cleaning rinse every few months. Easy to move shelves. Our previous washer had a door which was very long and a trip hazard this is a bit higher set and Great

Purchased in October 2018.

Leesh M.

Leesh M.

LOVE this dishwasher

Purchased in March 2017 at Appliances Online.

sassycoops

sassycoopsasked

The dishwasher ran out of rinse aid. I topped it up and now I can't reset. The dial is stuck on 3:00, I am not sure what that means but I don't want a wash going to 3 hours. How do I reset the machine and start again? It's not playing ball!

Hi Sassycoops,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch dishwasher.
We would recommend that the amount of rinse aid in the settings is set to the correct amount. And the sensor in the appliance might adjust the time of the cycle after it actually starts.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

Hamlet G.asked

Hi,
How can I turn on the end of wash beep?

Herb M

Try this but modifying it for sound ON.

Many Bosch dishwashers emit a series of beeps to alert you after completing a cycle. Because the factory sets this volume to maximum, however, the incessant beeping can be annoying -- particularly if you start the dishwasher before receiving guests or retiring for the night. To regain your peace and quiet, you can choose to disable the tone or adjust the volume.

For Most Bosch Models
Make sure the unit is powered off before you begin the adjustment procedure.

Step 1
On the unit's control panel, there are three buttons under the "Cancel Reset" label: press and hold the right "Cancel Reset" button.

Step 2
Press and hold the "On/Off" button.

Step 3
Release both buttons after the light illuminating the "Cancel Reset" button turns on and the tone stops.

Step 4
Press the right "Cancel Reset" button repeatedly to raise or lower the volume. The end adjustment will turn the sound off.

Step 5
Press the "On/Off" button to save your setting.

Bosch Model SHE9ER55UC
The Bosch SHE9ER55UC unit has hidden controls, so open the door before changing the settings.

Step 1
Press the "On/Off" button.

Step 2
Press and hold the "Normal Wash" button, then press the "Start" button repeatedly until the control panel display shows "H:00."

Step 3
Release the buttons.

Step 4
Press the "Normal Wash" button repeatedly until the display shows "b:02."

Step 5
Press the "Glass Care" button repeatedly to increase or decrease the volume of the beep -- "b:03" is the loudest and "b:00" silences the tone altogether.

Step 6
Press the "Start" button to save your setting and then close the door.

Hi Herb,
My dishwasher is SMS66MI02A (Series 6)- They don’t have cancel/ reset or normal wash buttons!

Hamlet G.

There is only a reset button I tried it doesn’t work

Andrewasked

Why is the quick 29 minute cycle defaulting to 54 minutes I'm unable to change back to 29 minutes ... Any thoughts? Otherwise a good machine ..... Andrew

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch dishwasher.
If no rinse aid is present, the dishwasher will presume that a 3-in-1 tablet is being used (which contains a rinse aid component or ‘Powerball’). These tablets generally take slightly longer to dissolve completely. The dishwasher adds some extra time to ensure the tablet is fully dissolved to maintain optimum wash quality results.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

Andrew

Thank you so if I add rinse aid to the container and set the machine to the r:00 it will revert back to 29 minute and not 59 minutes is that right?
regards .. Andrew

Hi Andrew,
The cycle will only be 29 minutes with the use of rinse aid, not just adding it to the machine and setting the appliance to not use it.
If this has been tried or you do try it and it doesn't work, can you please send us an email with your contact details and a photo of the control panel of the appliance to socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH6814 in the subject line and we’ll investigate for you.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives

Bosch Serie 6 SMS66MI03A

Bosch Serie 6 SMS66MI03A

Bosch Home Appliances Serie 6 SPS60M08AU

Bosch Home Appliances Serie 6 SPS60M08AU

Bosch Home Appliances Serie 6 SMS66JI01A

Bosch Home Appliances Serie 6 SMS66JI01A

Bosch Home Appliances Serie 6 SMS66MI02A (Stainless Steel)
  • Award Winner 2019

Bosch Home Appliances Serie 6 SMS66MI02A (Stainless Steel)

Bosch Home Appliances Serie 6 SMS66MW01A (White)
  • Award Winner 2019

Bosch Home Appliances Serie 6 SMS66MW01A (White)

CategoryFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding Dishwashers
Price (RRP) $1,549$1,149$1,399$1,499$1,399
FeaturesChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack, Self Cleaning and Time Remaining DisplayChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack, Self Cleaning and Time Remaining DisplayChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack, Self Cleaning and Time Remaining DisplayChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack, Self Cleaning and Time Remaining DisplayChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack, Self Cleaning and Time Remaining Display
Number of Place Settings 1510141515
Water Rating5 star(s)3.5 star(s)5 star(s)5 star(s)5 star(s)
Water Consumption12 L/wash10.9 L/wash11 L/wash12 L/wash12 L/wash
Energy Rating4 star(s)3 star(s)4 star(s)4 star(s)4 star(s)
Energy Consumption235 kWh per year197 kWh per year220 kWh per year235 kWh per year235 kWh per year
Control Panel Position FrontFrontFrontFrontFront
Maximum Noise Level44 db50 db44 db44 db44 db
Number of Programs66666
Colour / Finish Stainless SteelStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless SteelWhite
Dimensions 845 x 600 x 600 mm845 x 600 x 600 mm845 x 600 x 600 mm845 x 600 x 600 mm845 x 600 x 600 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateJan 2014