Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

Pros

• Plates come out shiny and clean

• Quiet cleaning

• Quick cycle option

• Dries well

Cons

• Premium price

• Internal Layout
Niki T.

Niki T.Sydney, NSW

Its just not drying at all!

Bought it brand new 2 weeks ago, installed into our brand new kitchen. It was very disappointing as the machine doesn’t dry the plates or anything in there! Everything come out wet even with “extra dry” function activated.

Purchased in January 2021.

robbyt

robbytSydney, NSW

Technical Support & Manual Instructions

Purchased in January 2021 at Bing Lee Physical store for $1,250.00.

Grandma MNowra

Not as good as expected

Have had Bosch before and loved it. ( Machine bought in 2004 and replaced under safety warranty About 2016). Plastics sometimes needed a bit of a wipe over to dry completely but that didn’t worry us. We are currently rebuilding after bushfire and purchased the slimline to fit into a kitchenette. Series 6, German built. It hardly dries anything! Unstacking always means getting out the tea towel. Disappointed, and makes me question whether we should buy this brand for the main kitchen. It is noisier than the larger model, also. Everything else is excellent but the non drying is a nuisance to say the least, as the machine is fairly pricey.

Purchased in December 2020 at Drugscreen.

Grandma M

Update. After a few uses this seems to have settled down- drying all but plastics and quieter now. Functioning as well as the larger machine I owned before.

Grandma M

Thanks Bosch. I did edit/update this to say that after a few uses the drying capability seems to have improved. Also, while still noisier than my old machine when starting up, it is quieter through the major proportion of the cycle.

Freestanding Dishwashers

Find out how Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers compares to other Freestanding Dishwashers

Alex131

Alex131Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

So glad we bought this one!

I did heaps of research on dishwashers after our current one turned into a dish wetter (hardly cleaned. Never dried).
We installed this machine this week and we were so surprised at how well this machine works!
Plates consistently come out clean and dry. Cutlery is so shiny and clean. Glasses polished and clear. Plastic and Tupperware is dry 99% of the time, and the remaining 1% is only due to a couple containers that I have sometimes come out with a few drops on it.

A quick scrape is all that’s needed. Don’t have to pre-rinse (although I usually do).

I did so much research into dishwashers and we’re so happy we invested the extra few hundred dollars for the Bosch series 6.

I would totally 100% recommend this dishwasher.

Purchased in December 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,388.00.

Fred123

Fred123Mount Sheridan

Fantastic Dishwasher.

We bought a new Bosch SMS66MI02A dishwasher from The Good Guys in Cairns last Wednesday to replace the SMEG dishwasher that was in our current home when we bought it after it had once again failed.

We had a Bosch at our previous residence which replaced a failed Kleenmaid dishwasher after it flooded the house.

That Bosch was great but this one is so quiet, I have to listen to check if it is actually running and it does a great job in washing and drying everything.

Purchased in December 2020 at The Good Guys for $1,309.00.

Lifewolimits

LifewolimitsMelbourne

Not suitable for household that has loads of bowls

Purchased in November 2020.

Mats E.

Mats E.Sydney, NSW

Broke right away

It broke after 4 months. This is a quite expensive dishwasher and we bought it to replace our old one that broke down every 2 months, so it's quite unforgivable that it broke so fast. What makes it worse is that trying to get through to get it repaired is near impossible - they're either too busy or blame their computer system for being broken. Will avoid Bosch like the plague from here on.

Purchased in July 2020 at Appliances Online for $1,275.00.

Russ

RussSydney, NSW

Feels high quality and durable have high hopes for many years of problem free washing

Only had this for a few days but so far great. Very quiet, quick cycles and delay function to set to run at off peak times. Washes well so far. Made in Germany so is a real Bosch (recommend over the Turkish made Bosch that smell like fish). Panel and mechanics seem very solid and durable unlike the cheaper alternatives I looked at.

Purchased in October 2020 at The Good Guys for $1,250.00.

John

JohnBrisbane

Very quiet and efficient machine

We bought the machine from the Good Guys, who were very helpful. The machine is extremely quiet, sometimes you wouldn't know it was operating.
The washing cycle cleans efficiently and have always been satisfied with level of cleanliness.
It appears to need 2.5 hours to dry items though. anything less and dishes etc may not be dry.

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys Physical store for $1,300.00.

Ronen

RonenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The quietest dishwasher I've ever seen.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,090.00.

lexxel

lexxelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great washing machine, perfect drying plastics

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,280.00.

MLM

MLMBrisbane

Workhorse

Purchased in July 2020 at JB Hi-Fi.

Kellie H.

Kellie H.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

An amazing dishwasher and great service from Bosch

Two and a bit years young, our Bosch silence plus dishwasher Series 6 has died. We loved this dishwasher and for the price, thought we would have it for 5-10 years. Sadly just after our warranty was over, it had an e-19 error. We spent $270 having someone out to repair, and they said it would cost another $400-500 to get a new computer board to fix the problem.

UPDATE: Bosch have been extremely helpful and sent out someone to fix our dishwasher. He didn’t have the parts needed so had to come back the following week however now it is working perfectly again.
Thankyou Bosch for the help.

Purchased in April 2018 at Knox city for $1,200.00.

David J

David J

excellent

I loved this dishwasher. Its excellent, functional and a joy to use, I have used so many in the past and even love the white colour. Weird but I THINK ITS WAY better than silver. Well done Bosch.

bbsb007

bbsb007Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent dishwasher, wish I'd spent the money years ago

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys for $1,292.00.

Dianne W.

Dianne W.South East Queensland, QLD

Best Dishwasher for a small unit

Extremely satisfied with this dishwasher and I doubt I would go back to a full size (60cm) model. I love this size. Still big enough for the large loads!

No need to scrape or rinse your dishes and everything comes out clean and dry. I find it does use a lot of rinse aid to achieve plastic dryness.

Had this machine for just over 6 months and so far I have no problems with clogged filters or food remaining after the cycle.

Definitely worth every penny.

Purchased in January 2020.

ChrisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Dishwasher review

Impressive, love it; easy to use and runs very quiet. Easy to load and I am using the Auto wash setting. The dishes are sparkly clean. Would recommend purchasing this machine.
I included a product care package; if I purchased again would not buy this care package.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,154.00.

Chris

I mostly use the eco setting, however the top of the cups do not dry properly.

AlexZander

AlexZanderGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bought Bosch after Blanko

I bought this dishwasher approx 2 months ago and I've been disappointed....Whilst I agree with others here that yes its very quiet, has many functions etc, It doesn't perform well overall. The dishes ALWAYS come out wet! this is despite selecting the extra dry function.
My previous Blanko dishwasher dried the dishes much better.
I expected better than this from Bosch.

Purchased in June 2020 at Appliances Online for $1,299.00.

Pakeha

PakehaSydney, NSW

Too expensive to repair.

The electronics are not protected against moisture and cockroaches with that resin coating some of the better manufactures use.
After little use the controller board failed and with labour and parts, the cost would have been more than half the original purchase price of the washer. One little circuit board.
The washer worked well but I would never buy another Bosch appliance because of the cost of repairs.
I will now buy a $600 washer and feel I have better value for money.
The cost value for repairs should be included with these appliance reviews as I would have chosen a product considering repair costs if I had known.

Purchased in March 2016 at David Jones Retail Stores.

Pauline

PaulineWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Very Disappointed

I am very disappointed with this very expensive dishwasher, it's only 2 years and 4 months old, it already needs repairing ( heating pump ), it was made in Germany, not Turkey and Bosch wants nothing to do with problem. I will not waste my money on another Bosch appliance again.

Purchased in November 2017 for $1,457.00.

Tricia

Triciaasked

Serie 6 SMS66MI02A (Silver Inox)

When I switch my dishwasher on it is flashing 1hr 30min. It will work on that cycle, but I cannot get any other buttons to work, so I cannot change cycles or do anything. I have held the start button for 10 sec, switched off & unplugged the machine but still cannot change anything. Can you help me please?

Tricia

Triciaasked

Serie 6 SMS66MI02A (Silver Inox)

How do I reset my machine, I cannot change the cycle & have held the start button for 10 secs & unplugged the machine. Still cannot change anything?

johnasked

Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

my dishwasher has a program for Quick 29 mins. when i try to use this the the Led read out says 44 mins. why is this?

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

What did Bosch say?

john

I haven’t received an answer from them

Hi John,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Dishwasher. the Quick 29 mins required Rinse Aid. Your cycle will be 44 mins if Rinse Aid is not added.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives

Features

Bosch’s premium dishwasher has a 4-star energy rating and 5-star water rating. It is designed for full-family usage, containing a cutlery drawer and a sleek, silent design. It’s designed to be water efficient and has an inbuilt aqua sensor which adjusts water use based on the number of dishes. In addition, it contains:

• Cutlery drawer
  • Silent cleaning
  • Speed wash
  • Heat exchanger: recycles the heat generated from the main wash and dry cycle
  • Stainless steel interior tub
  • Effortless door closing
  • 3-stage self-cleaning filter
  • 5 spray levels
  • Racks can be adjusted to three height levels to maximise convenience
  • Automatic load adjustment recognises the load condition in three steps and ensures that only the amount of electricity and water required

Reviewers thought:

Reviewers have raved about how easy this dishwasher is to use. They find that the auto wash setting is very convenient, and the dishwasher is quieter than most, while still providing a deep clean.

Compare all 5 Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers
CategoryFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding Dishwashers
Price (RRP) $1,499.00$1,599.00$1,499.00$1,299.00
FeaturesChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack, Self Cleaning and Time Remaining DisplayChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack, Self Cleaning and Time Remaining DisplayChild Lock, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack, Self Cleaning and Time Remaining DisplayChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack, Self Cleaning and Time Remaining Display
Number of Place Settings 15151410
Water Rating5 star(s)5 star(s)5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Water Consumption12 L/wash12 L/wash11 L/wash10.9 L/wash
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)4 star(s)3 star(s)
Energy Consumption235 kWh per year235 kWh per year220 kWh per year197 kWh per year
Control Panel Position FrontFrontFrontFront
Maximum Noise Level44 db44 db44 db50 db
Number of Programs6666
Colour / FinishWhiteSilver InoxSilver InoxSilver Inox
Dimensions 845 x 600 x 600 mm845 x 600 x 600 mm845 x 600 x 600 mm845 x 450 x 600 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateJan 2014
ManualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manual
Compare all 5 Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers