27Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

4.2
4.1
4.5
4.2
Plates come out shiny and clean
Quiet cleaning
Quick cycle option
Dries well
Premium price

mowerman
mowermanWestern District, VIC12 posts
  Top Review SMS66MI02A

Really pleased with this dishwasher

Have owned this dishwasher for 12 months now and really can't fault it.
Having come from a no name brand dishwasher that would require a 2 1/2 hour wash cycle that would still leave some dishes requiring hand washing this Bosch was a welcome change.

Installation was easier enough, I did have to enlarge the hole through the cabinetry to fit the hose as the hose does have a large plastic housing that covers the anti-flood valve that connects to the taps, not a big deal though.

The dishwasher itself runs whisper quiet, no drama's running it while the kids are sleeping. Love the cutlery draw as it frees up space down the bottom where you can put the optional cutlery basket. Worth noting that you can remove the cutlery tray to free up for room for the middle rack if needed but we've never required this. The middle basket has 3 adjustable levels anyway.

As far as washing goes it does a great job. Whilst we generally give dishes a bit of a pre-rinse we do only use the 60 min quick cycle and that does the job fine. The only thing it really struggles with is stuff like peanut butter on a knife in the cutlery draw, so we just hand wash those rather than increasing cycle or putting the knife elsewhere. We've put pots down the bottom that have poached eggs and have that quite stuck on egg and the pots come up like new.

It dries everything well expect the plastics, even with extra dry on it leaves a little bit of water on the bottom of what ever plastic item it is. Not really a big deal, just means I carry a tea towel in 1 hand when emptying the dishwasher to give a quick rub of the bottom of the plastic. I will add that this is if I'm unloading shortly after the cycle finishes, give it a few hours and it dries over that time anyway. Only other thing I will say is that the angles of the racks on the bottom are a little strange, they just seem slightly off to maximise space but that could be the style of plates and bowels we use too.

I would highly recommend this dishwasher 12 months in.

Purchased in at The Good Guys.

Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Bosch Home Appliances   DM

Hi mowerman,  Thanks for sharing your review.
We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that it's quiet and does not disturb the family during bedtimes. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Lifewolimits
LifewolimitsMelbourne12 posts
  Top Review SMS66MI02A

Not suitable for household that has loads of bowls

I just replaced by Miele dishwasher with this German made dishwasher. It is very quiet and user friendly. It's good if a household have most cutlery using plates. Unfortunately, 70-80% of our cutlery are bowls of 20-30cm in diameters. The spikes not designed to hold the bowls upright (90 degree), like the Miele dishwasher. Bosch spikes are holding at an 60 degree angle with the bowls overlapping each other. As such, you may have 10 spikes but can only hold 3 bowls if not overlapping. Due to this, water can't wash in between bowls properly. I've arranged them differently and washed them in the last couple of washes. Disappointed I've to waste time washing many of the bowls and drying them manually. Also, a lot of the remnants are deposited on in the washer. Very disappointed to have a German made premium dishwasher and manually washing my bowls.

Purchased in .

Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Bosch Home Appliances   DM

Hi Lifewolimits,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dishwasher. We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH11961 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Amrit B.
  SMS6HAI01A
cyclic
cyclic5 posts
  SMS6HCI01A

Slow / poor operating interface ham strings this dishwasher

Unfortunately this latest gen dishwasher is hamstrung by its poor operating interface.
This is a premium expensive dishwasher, upsides it's super quiet. Downsides, the operation interface with flat touch sensitive electronic buttons is very slow to react so you assume it's not responding at all. Then you end up in a feverishly attempting other button options without success either until you brick it. We've had to reboot this a few times now via the power point. Doesn't dry great either, but I think thats more a result of becoming super 'power efficient' and a common complaint these days with dish washers in general. Not recommended. Show details
Anton Nam Giao Ha
Anton Nam Giao Ha3 posts
  Verified SMS6HAI01A

Very good machine , only one downside is the operation unit can fail of one cockroach

Our dishwasher broke down still under warranty ,less than 2 years old . Was told smm card is faulty .They ( All whitegoods service ) ordered the parts . Got their trader comes out , opened the unit and found a cockroach. Told us in this situation the warranty is not cover . And charged my wife for the service of $165 ,then walk away .Understandable if we tampered or damages it , but we did not caused it .It is a biggest scam to the consumer and a biggest loop hole for the industry to get away with it .Now we are left with $1750 of a useless machine and $165 out of pocket . With the Hash economy we are struggling enough with all the bills ,then comes this scam . Show details
Mel_jade
Mel_jadeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC12 posts
  SMS6HCI01A
ShaheenSydney, NSW125 posts
  Verified SMS6HCB01A

Dishwasher

A really good dishwasher, great value for money spent , great service for instillation, very good quality . Black colour looks nice , Show details ·  6
bigwids
bigwidsMount Gambier10 posts
  Verified SMS6HCI01A

Best appliance I Own

So after many many many hours of research, I brought this dishwasher.

Everything about this dishwasher, is fantastic.

How easy the filters are to clean.

The shelves are great, the design of the draws how they hold dishes.

I honestly couldn’t say there is one thing I don’t like this dishwasher. Trust me I wished I could come up with something I really don’t like. There is something, I hate myself for not buying one and meaning this Bosch Dishwasher way earlier Show details ·  1

hannah_m
hannah_m13 posts

The best dishwasher I’ve owned

This dishwasher is great. Looks lovely in the black. Is super quiet when in use. Cleans dishes well. Has excellent cycles. The quick cycle works well. Show reply
Jessica
JessicaBrisbane, Queensland6 posts
  SMS6HCB01A

Great dishwasher, easy to use!

We bought this dishwasher 3 months ago and are very happy. It is quiet and effective. Settings are easy to work out and use. Filter is easy to clean. We love the cutlery tray at the top. We just use it without needing to think about it, which is perfect in our eyes!

The cherry on top is the black finish means that it is a breeze the keep the outside looking clean. I’ve struggled in the past with stainless steel finish appliances getting rust spots or scratches, and the black means this is no longer a problem!

Definitely would recommend. Show details ·  1

RMShapes
RMShapesMid North Coast, NSW5 posts
  SMS6HCI02A
3Oh
3OhSunshine Coast23 posts

Mrs Smith
Mrs Smith · Serie 6 SMS6HCW01A (White)

Whenever I brush past the dishwasher the lights come on, displaying a program and flashing, goes off after about 10 minutes. The lock function only works when dishes are washing. I would like to lock it so this does not happen. I put a call in to appliances online and they said bosch would phone me as this is an unfixed problem from 2 years ago. I am having a problem receiving messages?.

Vivian
Vivian · Serie 6 SMS6HCB01A (Black Inox)

Design is nice but the dishes do not always come out clean even thought the dishwasher is not full. I have tried 2 different types of tablets but no difference.

My 20+ year old Miele did a better job - dishes always came out squeaky clean.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Vivian

Thanks Shaheen, the machine is new, have used it less than 10 times so far. I do use the 2 hr+ as I've also noted that the 1hr cycle is useless.

Shaheen

Vivian ,mine is also new , but it’s very strange that unless you use cleaning tabs . It won’t clean , Gosh , everything is getting worse , my older Bosch did a better job, I agree with you that sadly the quality is not as good as the Meile ,

CIA C.
CIA C. · Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

Hi I brought a dishwasher from good guys Victoria in dandy Frankston road. I'm not happy with the tray because they can only fit small plate . I can't put any normal plate . And the clip tray it keeps falling off. If someone can contact me . 0430291400

Features

Bosch’s premium dishwasher has a 4-star energy rating and 5-star water rating. It is designed for full-family usage, containing a cutlery drawer and a sleek, silent design. It’s designed to be water efficient and has an inbuilt aqua sensor which adjusts water use based on the number of dishes. In addition, it contains:

• Cutlery drawer
  • Silent cleaning
  • Speed wash
  • Heat exchanger: recycles the heat generated from the main wash and dry cycle
  • Stainless steel interior tub
  • Effortless door closing
  • 3-stage self-cleaning filter
  • 5 spray levels
  • Racks can be adjusted to three height levels to maximise convenience
  • Automatic load adjustment recognises the load condition in three steps and ensures that only the amount of electricity and water required

Reviewers thought:

Reviewers have raved about how easy this dishwasher is to use. They find that the auto wash setting is very convenient, and the dishwasher is quieter than most, while still providing a deep clean.

Compare all Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers listings
CategoryFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding Dishwashers
Price (RRP) $1,599$1,699$1,799$1,599
FeaturesChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack, Self Cleaning and Time Remaining DisplayChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack, Self Cleaning and Time Remaining DisplayChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack, Self Cleaning and Time Remaining DisplayChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack, Self Cleaning and Time Remaining Display
Number of Place Settings 14151515
Water Rating5 star(s)5.5 star(s)5.5 star(s)5.5 star(s)
Water Consumption11 L/wash11 L/wash11 L/wash11 L/wash
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)4 star(s)4 star(s)
Energy Consumption230 kWh per year245 kWh per year245 kWh per year245 kWh per year
Control Panel Position FrontFrontFrontFront
Maximum Noise Level44 db44 db44 db44 db
Number of Programs6886
Dimensions 845 x 600 x 600 mm845 x 600 x 600 mm845 x 600 x 600 mm845 x 600 x 600 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishStainless SteelStainless SteelBlack InoxSilver Inox
ManualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manual and manual 2
Awards 2019, 2020 and 20242019, 2020 and 20242019, 2020 and 20242019, 2020 and 2024
  • MPN: SMS6HCI02A