Bosch Serie 8 HSB838357A

Bosch Serie 8 HSB838357A

MPN: HSB838357A

MrsClausTumblegum

So far so good

Cooks stuff, easy to use. Stove works well. Oven works well. Bit smaller than other ovens the same size, but has not failed yet. Cakes came out evenly cooked. Pizza was cooked correctly too. Even temperature. Glass is not hot when the oven is on either. We've only had it for a month though. Turns on and off when you want. Beeps when oven hits the right temperature. Settings are intuitive and easy to use. You can honestly use it without needing to refer to the manual each time. Although you should read it the first time. Can be cleaned. Parts seem robust enough.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

IlianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great new cooker

Date PurchasedAug 2018

CLPMAN26

CLPMAN26asked

Where can I see one in store in Sydney? No one seems to carry them

MrsClaus

I did not have any luck finding one in store in Sydney. However I bought one from appliances online and in my opinion it is better than the ones I saw in any Store. Easier to turn on and off, more intuitive settings, less loose fittings. The internal oven is smaller than ones this size, so no one wants them. People want the big oven. The heat insulation (seams and glass) and cooking (even throughout oven) is better in this oven than others I've had.

Hi CLPMAN26,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch HSB838357A oven.
We do not know what each retail outlet displays in store.
You can try our Showroom Demonstrator located at Sydney Brand Experience Centre Lakes business Park 2A Lord Street Botany, NSW 2019 on 02 9316 8987 or cookingexperience.nsw@bshg.com.

Jo from Brisbaneasked

Also is the Bosch pyro 90cm dual fuel oven reliable in terms of hotplates & oven wise. It is very hard when no shops have the 900 freestanding on display. Why not ?

Ilian

Hello Jo, the oven looks very attractive. The hot plates (gas) and the oven work extremely well. We used the stove for over 6 months and no concerns there. There is also storage compartment on the bottom- very handy for trays you don't use regularly.
The only concern was that the materials Bosch used seem to be cheap. There is a spill plate at the back which got some rust 4-5 weeks after we bought the stove and we still fighting with Bosch to get some solution to the problem.
Also the stickers which indicates which knob is for which plate is, have peeled off completely. Our previous stove of 10 years and Gas BBQ of 15 had no such issues.
You don't buy stove every year and it is true that the oven and the plates work extremely well but the problems are annoying and should not happened especially in 6 months after purchase.
Good luck with the decision.

Jo from Brisbane

Thanks so much for your honest response. I had my heart set on a 900 freestanding oven, but the more I look I think in my situation ( only 2 of us now ) kids all moved out, it would be wiser to get 2 wall ovens. They will be easier to keep clean & less oven to heat up. Still a work in progress but I will have to make my mind up any day. Thanks again & goodluck with your oven.

Jo from Brisbaneasked

Does the bosch freestanding have telescopic glides ?

Hi Jo from Brisbane,
Thanks for the question regarding the Bosch HSB838357A freestanding cooker.
The telescopic rails is included with this model.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

Jo from Brisbane

Thankyou for the answer. Also could you please tell me where this model is made ?

Hi Jo from Brisbane,
The country of origin for this model HSB838357A is Italy.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives