Bosch HydroPower

Bosch HydroPower Questions & Answers

10H, 13H and 16H

87 questions from our users

I will shortly be purchasing a Bosch 10H as highly recommended by my Plumber. This wlll replace my Bosch 10P which is 20-plus years old. In poor condition and rusty. Overall used to work well. Has now failed. How does the 10P compare with the new 10H model? Thanks, Maureen.
Hi Maureen, thanks for your question. The Bosch Pilot uses a traditional standing pilot light while the Bosch HydroPower uses water movement to create its own small voltage to ignite the water heater. Please be advised that if you switch from a 10P to a 10H, you may notice a slight difference in performance. We would not recommend switching from a 10P to a 13H, for example, as there would be a significant difference in performance and hot water delivery. If you have any further questions, please get in touch with us at 1300 30 70 37 any time from 7:30am to 6:00pm (AEST) during the weekday and our helpful team will be able to assist you further.Much appreciated Robert. Sounds like there have been some improvements between the two models. Kind regards.

No hot water. Looks like pilot light is out. How do you relight it and do you think that will be all that is wrong?
Not familiar with the model. The H for Hydroflo in the model name usually means it has a Water Wheel igniter (no pilot light). I'd be calling who ever installed it to check out the electrics and the gas flow.I don't know who installed it but would a gas plumber/fitter know?Hi Ann, as Peter mentioned, there is no pilot light for this type of unit. If you follow the steps mentioned in the answer to your other question and it does not trigger your ignition, please get in touch with us at our toll-free number 1300 30 70 37. Our team is available from 8am to 6pm (AEDT) during the weekday and we will be able to put you in touch with a Bosch recommended service agent.

How do you light the pilot light
Hi Ann, as it a HydroPower unit and therefore an electronic ignition system, there is no pilot light. We recommend ensuring that all your hot water taps are off before turning one tap back on at full flow. If this does not trigger your ignition, please isolate the valves at the unit for twenty seconds before re-opening them and trying the steps above again. If this does not work, please get in touch with us at 1300 30 70 37 from 8am to 6pm (AEDT).

Hello, we have been having recurring issues with our system: some days it ignites but will not stay on. On these days we have no hot water for a few hours until it decides to work again. We have called a plumber several times, they have no idea of what's wrong with it. Could anyone help us? That unit has never been working properly. Thanks
Hi Gwendoline, thanks for your question. Whilst our unit does require a minimum flow of water to operate, your issue does sound unusual. Please give us a call at 1300 30 70 37 any time from 8am to 6pm (AEDT) and our friendly team will be able to assist in troubleshooting your issue.

I have the heater at almost to temp and as you try to adjust the cold it just turns the hot water off, so frustrating it's only a couple of years old totally disappointed
Hi Keith, these fluctuations indicate that there is a flow rate issue. If you have changed your tapware recently, this may be the cause of the issue as the unit does require minimum flow rates to operate. Another way to increase water flow is by opening multiple hot water taps - if the fluctuation ceases, then we recommend to check for things such as blockages and aerators being dirty. Otherwise, please call us at 1300 30 70 37 if you have additional questions. Our team is available from 8am to 6pm (AEDT) from Monday to Friday to help you out.

I have a 10h gas water heater seems to light ok but the water is only warm there is a bit of yellow flame in the front
Hi Derek, thank you for your question and apologies for the delayed response. Due to ProductReview updating its platform, we have missed some questions that were asked. The yellow flame indicates that there may be some blockages in the burner which is causing poor combustion. One of the causes of blockages are insects blocking burner orifices (which cannot be avoided as adequate air flow is required for complete combustion). The unit will need to be cleaned and to minimise the chance of this issue recurring, a surface type insecticide can be used with care though a consultation with a licensed pest controller is recommended. If you have already adjusted your gas and water controls, it could be a gas supply issue. As we do need more details to more accurately troubleshoot your issue, we recommend that you give us a call at 1300 30 70 37. We are available from 8am to 6pm (AEDT) during the weekday.

Where would I go to buy a flow control valve for a 10h system? I am in Armadale. Western Australia
I'm looking for a water flow control valve for 10h hydro igniting hot water system ( Bosch )Hi John, thanks for your question. Galvins Plumbing Supplies usually has stock of this item. The nearest one from your postcode seems to be the location in Kelmscott. We recommend calling the store beforehand to ensure they have stock available for you to purchase. Please be advised that all work performed on your HydroPower unit should be done so by a licensed plumber.

Hi guys. My unit goes cold as soon as the cold is turned on to mix at the shower. Gas goes out as soon as the cold is turned on. Please advise?
I have the same problem it is really annoying this is the second time this unit has proved unreliableHi Greg and Keith, we are truly sorry for the delayed response. Due to ProductReview updating its platform recently, we were unaware of your question due to some technical difficulties. If you are still having issues with this unit, it may have to do with the water or gas pressure so please check if both your gas and water supply valves are fully open. We’d like to investigate your issue further if it’s still existing however we are unable to contact you through ProductReview’s platform. Please give us a ring at 1300 30 70 37 any time from 8am to 6pm (AEDT) during the weekday and we’ll do our best to find a solution to your issue.

Why does my unit ignite but then after a half a minute go out and cold this happens quite regularly
Hi Lynn, thank you for your question. Please be advised that we do require more information such as the age of the unit, the gas type you are using, and whether it has been serviced recently. Our helpful team is available from 8am to 6pm (AEDT) from Monday to Friday and can be contacted free of charge at 1300 30 70 37.

Hi guys my unit has started dripping water is that normal and I may have never noticed it before.
Hi Nat, please get in touch with us at our toll-free number 1300 30 70 37. Our helpful team is available from 8am to 6pm (AEDT) during the weekday and will be able to assist you with your query.

How to light the pilot light on 13H?
You dont. The point of the hydro unit is that the flow of water creates the pilot light so you don't need electricity.Hi Vin, thank you for your question. As Nigel mentioned, this unit only requires the flow of water for the unit to ignite. If you have any issues, please contact our helpful team at 1300 30 70 37 any time from 8am to 6pm (AEDT) during the week day and we'll be able to assist you.

Slow water leak from underneath my TF325-8gng Hydro power Bosch13H natural Gas water heater. Any suggestions?
Hi Gary, we require further information to assist you with your issue. Please call our helpful team at our toll-free number 1300 30 70 37 any time during the weekday from 8am to 6pm (AEST). If you would like us to get in touch with you, please fill out the following form: https://www.bosch-climate.com.au/about-bosch/contact-us/, referring to your issue by copying in the link to your review. Once we receive this information, we will contact you within a business day.

How to clean the hydro generator on Bosch Hydro Power 13H hot water system?
Hi David, a licensed plumber must be used for any servicing of internal parts. If your unit is still under warranty, we will be able to arrange a service call for you. If your unit is out of warranty but you would like us to put you in contact with a plumber in your area, please don’t hesitate to call us at our toll-free number 1300 30 70 37 any time during the weekday from 8am to 6pm (AEST). If you would like us to get in touch with you, please fill out the following form: https://www.bosch-climate.com.au/about-bosch/contact-us/, referring to your issue by copying in the link to your review. Once we receive this information, we will contact you within a business day.

hi i replaced my hydro 16 with a new unit the same, now it won't ignite if i turn the shower taps on but fires up every time if we use the kitchen tap which is only 2 mt from unit. Shower is about 6 mt away, we have to turn kitchen tap of to ignite unit then turn shower on. Any suggestions?
Thanks for your question, Dave. It sounds like it could be a water flow issue. The unit is designed to operate at a minimum flow rate between 3.2 to 4 litres per minute and thus requires sufficient flow to ensure it can operate. If you have changed shower heads recently, this may be the cause of your issue as low flow shower heads restrict the water flow the unit needs to turn on. We recommend water fixtures with a flow rate of 9 litres per minute for showers. For further information, please refer to your installation manual. Otherwise, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at our toll-free number 1300 30 70 37 any time during the weekday from 8am to 6pm (AEST).

How do you adjust the heat when it’s on highest setting?
Hi Richard, thanks for your question. One of the features of this unit is the ability to adjust both the gas and water flow rate. As you may already know, the slider controls the gas flow and the dial controls the water flow. If you have your gas at the highest setting, you may want to consider adjusting your water’s flow rate as a lower flow will ensure that the water has more time to heat up. If you require any further advice, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1300 30 70 37 during the week from 8am to 6pm (AEST). Alternatively, you can also fill out our form located here: https://www.bosch-climate.com.au/about-bosch/contact-us/ and we’ll be able to get in touch with you.I’ve adjusted both gas and water flow it’s still not satisfactory is there a filter in the water line that may restrict the water flow ,

It wont light. Any suggestions?
Hi Mod, Thanks for your question and we’re sorry to hear that you’re having issues with your unit. As there could be variety of factors involved, we would recommend calling our helpful customer service team at our toll-free number 1300 30 70 37 any time from 8am to 6pm (AEST) during the weekday. Our team will be able to gain better insight to the problem and assist in correcting the issue.I have the the same problem how did you fix it

I have a bosch 16h water heater which has been reliable for about 6 years since new, but now it does not ignite when hot taps opened. I removed all the serviceable parts, blew out the strainer in the water inlet, flushed and checked the hydrogenerator which is producing 2.2v A/C with water flowing and generator connected to ignition box. There is no sparking or gas from pilot or burner when water is flowing. I was able to get some kind of sparking after fiddling with ignition box, but that was short lived. I am fairly confident the ignition box has failed, as it is rated at 1.7v input nominal and the hydrogenerator is producing 2.2v under load. I think this box also supplies a voltage to valves which allow the gas flow to pilot and main burner, which explains why there is no gas coming from main or pilot burners. Can anybody give any advice regarding this diagnosis before I go and spend $150 on a new part?
hi this happened to my unit after 7 years and you are correct it will be the hydrogenerator. unfortunately my bosch system was so unreliable I bought a new rheem , due to the fact that the hydrogenerator and main body valve being faulty. if that is all that's wrong with it then maybe its worth just replacing the part. all the bestSorry Mate , can't help you on this, my heater is a 10H modelHi Dan, Thanks for letting us know about the issue with your unit and we appreciate the time and effort you’ve taken to ask this question. In general, we always recommend getting a licensed plumber to inspect your unit to determine if a part needs to be replaced. We can confirm that the output of the hydrogenerator is low and we would advise you to contact our helpful customer service team for further assistance. They can be reached at our toll-free number 1300 30 70 37 and are available from 8am to 6pm (AEST) during the weekdays. If you would prefer for us to get in touch with you, please send us an email at hotwater.query@au.bosch.com with your contact details and postcode. Our team can also assist in finding a suitable service agent with our comprehensive list of recommended agents that are quite knowledgeable with the product. Please make sure to reference your issue with HP16HDAN.

hello. yesterday-12/07/18 instol bosh hydropower 13h . maximum water t=35degrees C. when we only open 1 tap hot water in kitchen t=30-35 degrees C. please any help? [email address removed] your sinserely efim

Our hydropower 16H is not yet 3 years old. First winter it was fine, but little to no hot water, very cold weather. Second winter, the unit started making an amazingly loud siren/horn/screaming noise when the temperature dropped near or under 0° . It would go on for minutes, and every 45 minutes or so, all night. Plumber fiddled, admitted he had no idea, had never heard of the problem, the unit was designed for European winters, so the cold was not the problem. We'r have to put up with it. Now at the start of the 3rd winter, it's on again, this timeit doesn't even need to be at freezing temperature outside. The unit is under the verandah. Any ideas?
I don't know for sure. I can tell you that these heaters need good inflow and good outflow to function properly. Have you considered that an ambient temperature of 0 might restrict inflow? Notwithstanding what you say about being designed for European winters, if the inflow of cold water is impeded, ie. partially frozen i can't see how the hydrogenerator would spin up enough to light it up. On the other end remove any outflow restrictors, such as aerators, low flow shower heads etc.I wrote an email to Bosch saying the unit was not fit for purpose intended (a legal clause in Australia) and what had gone on. They sent a different technician out who was here for about four hours. Ultimately the part that was meant to recycle the water until hot had been broken from day one - hence no hot water. I would write a detailed complaint to Bosch and be open how peed off you are. They phoned me back on a public holiday... To be honest, the Rinnai we have at another property was half the price and works like clockwork - superior!

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Hot Water & Heating representatives