3.4

57% · 86 · 43%

KarinaPeel, WA13 posts

Patricia
PatriciaNorth-West & West coast, TAS5 posts

Great tool for gardeners with arthritis

It is a very useful tool for trimming camellias, rhodos and smallpox shrubs and trees. Makes pruning a breeze. I used it to help out my elderly neighbour and my sister-in-law decided that dhe had to buy her own after using mine.i also bought the Bosch edhrr and trimmer to ho with it.

Show details

Unhappy gardener
Unhappy gardener

What a waste of money

I had the same experience of not being able to recharge after a few uses.

Would never buy this Bosch again I would probably go for a different brand.

I must admit that when it worked it worked well but do we now live in a society where you just throw away an implement after it's been used about 10 times.

Show details

Jo will
Jo will

Doesn't last

Bought this a couple of years ago, tried to charge it, just won't charge, it seems to be a common problem with this. Really liked it when I first got it but now it's useless and by all accounts it's cheaper to replace than fix, certainly won't be buying another

No longer ChucklesNortheast, VIC6 posts

Initially the Keo was a great handy sized product but unaware that batteries and inferior parts make

Well I tried to purchase a replacement part and the honest repair man said to buy another saw and gut it for parts because his labour alone is the cost of a new saw. Better off with a Ryobi external battery type and they still have the quality which Bosch no longer has. Enquires were redirected to Mumbai or similar and I can see why Bunnings will no longer stock Bosch.

Barbara K
Barbara KSydney, NSW9 posts
RSaxton
RSaxtonBlackheath22 posts

Bailey
Bailey7 posts

Disappointing

Recently brough the Bosch Keo for my mother to do some pruning - changing the blades is almost impossible. The pin holding the blade in fails to release. Took it back to Bunnings thinking it was faulty only to all in stock had the same issue. Basically you need to tap the device a couple of time (while holding it in the unlocked position) to the right to get the pin to release - I imagine if it is this difficult with no use it will only get harder the more you use it as dirty etc will clog it up over time. Having a built in battery rather then being able to replace it is also likely to be an issue ...
Light weight
"Safety switch" is a bit fiddly, built in battery is a big no-no, blade changes are difficult
Sharonsms
Sharonsms
Xavier
XavierAuckland

shugashack
shugashackThirroul4 posts

cjfor3
cjfor3Darwin

Good tool for light to medium work

I found the tool to be excellent at first, there was nothing I couldn't throw at it. I still find that the strength of the tool is excellent, but the battery lets it down. When the tool was new the battery lasted for a reasonable time (even pushing the tool hard), but I've found that over what I consider a short amount of time, I have found that battery doesn't last long at all. The tool is still strong until the battery goes flat, which I might add is not very long. If it had interchangeable batteries I think it would be a much better tool.
Strong for it's size, light
Battery
ozziejack
ozziejack13 posts

Handy Garden Tool

I must admit I was skeptical but when I started to use the Keo I was impressed. It seems to cut through pretty well anything within its range without difficulty and the battery life is far better than I would have imagined. I have been cutting thick bamboo as well as normal trees and shrubs. It's quick and reliable - very impressed.
Battery life, quick cuts
beech
beechSydney, NSW21 posts

gemmy
gemmyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC19 posts

Not a toy - actually works!

My husband bought this from Bunnings after the salesman/employee raved about it and I was initially a bit skeptical but I was proved wrong. We used it to prune our five year old cherry tree and it worked like a charm. It was simple to use and made quick work of all of the branches we needed to prune - even some the width of my wrist. The unit is rechargeable and I was expecting it to run out of power before we'd finished but we managed to prune the whole tree and still had power left over to cut the branches into small pieces for kindling. There is no way anyone would go back to using anything else after you'd tried this wonderful saw.
Easy to use, cut branches quickly, not heavy to hold and use