Bosch PCM 1800 SD

Bosch PCM 1800 SD

1.9

Jarrin

JarrinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Must have got a good one?

Purcahsed this saw for some home renovations and so far has not missed a beat. Can't relate to the issuses that everyone else has reported. Top quality as far as I am concerned. I do not use this saw as often as a trades person would so I cannot say its great for that particular application, but it suit my home renovation just fine. I did however purchase a more expenaive blade for it.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$399.00.

scott

Bosch..I think you have tarnished your good name on this one

I've always relied on Bosch being top choice for an important tool.this thing is out of square beyond adjustment.i have to turn down jobs until I can replace the 400$ mistake ive purchased. Save your good name send everyone here a voucher!!!!

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

scott

feel free to send voucher to enquiries@imperialhomeimprovements.com.au

Bosch Power Tools
GracieBosch Power Tools
Col

ColSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not impressed.

Purchased in February 2020 at Total Tools for A$1,199.00.

Mark

MarkSydney, NSW

Disappointing from Bosch

I had a Bosch PCM 1800 that had served me well for 5 years. So when I decided to upgrade to a sliding saw I went with the Bosch PCM 1800 SD. What a mistake. It didn't cut square out of the box and the fence can not be moved enough to get it to be square when set to zero. I made it square by setting to an angle that wasn't zero in order to finish my project. Then the blade guard didn't retract enough and got caught on the wood I was cutting. This meant that you had to pull back the guard slightly in order to cut wood above a certain thickness (appeared to be about 30mm) then after using the clamp to secure the wood for the 5th time the clamp broke. At that point I gave up and returned it to the store where I bought it.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$399.00.

Bosch Power Tools
GracieBosch Power Tools

Very disappointing for a Bosch machine

Within the first week of use, I found the lever that tightens the radius of the table does tighten the table properly. Also the fence is curving in, in the middle by 2mm which makes the cut inaccurate and dangerous, as the timber jams and the blade kicks back.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Saw cuts OK, Laser is a useless

Only used the saw a few times when the laser went fuzzy, so I contacted Bosch and they said take it to a service centre listed in Victoria, NSW, Queensland, everywhere, almost, too bad I live in South Australia, I will never buy Bosch again.

don’t buy this drop saw

Like other users, the blade guard was hopeless; I had to reassemble it several times (it’s now utterly broken), and I keep having to reset the blade. I have had my Bosch drop saw for about 2 years. Having also just had a Bosch drill which was disappointing, I won’t be buying another Bosch product again.

Purchased in January 2017.

pissed off

pissed off

Worst Bosch tool EVER!!!

Seriously save yourself the headache and buy anything else.
Mine had the saw guard jam on it the second day of use.....exceptionally poor design.
I love my other Bosch tools, so this one actually made me sad I had to return it because its practically useless.

Purchased in March 2019 for A$430.00.

Davo

Davoport pirie

very disappointed bad quality and performance

bought the saw and stand combo from mitre ten, got it out of the box and straight away inaccurate cuts, both indicators are a mile out. could not get a square cut anywhere, the slide compound will not work unless you take the upper support away from the cutting table, to the right the transport knob hits then the gearbox housing hits and to the left simply binds again. ridiculous from a supposed high quality manufacturer
the rear of the handle on mine gets extremely hot as well with a faint smell of overheated electrics when the motor is running
I usually buy Makita, should have done so again.......severely disappointed however the stand is good

Date PurchasedJan 2019

James

JamesAdelaide

Terrible quality

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Brendan Moylan

Brendan MoylanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Average quality for a good brand

Was pretty disappointed after less than 6 months, due to the guard not working properly and the angles being out when cutting. In the end, I modified the guard slide rail so it works without drama, but I always have to check with my set square to ensure straight cuts. The laser got covered in fresh sap from pine timber and now doesn't work cause it ruined the plastic cover... and it was always needing to be cleared anyway as it was in a terrible position and kept getting covered in sawdust. I don't know why but the part which hold the blade on know as the locking nut has worn and now has a wobble in the blade.
Also, it uses 5 watts of power plugged in doing nothing which is a joke.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

This is not the Bosch quality and value I am used to.

I bought this saw last 6 months ago and after a couple of hours use the blade started to wobble. At first I thought it was the blade so swapped that with a new one with no luck. It then went back to be repaired under guarantee which only lasted 5 minutes. It then went back again to have a whole lot of new parts replaced, such as gears etc.This lasted a few hours work before the blade started to loosen off again. Mitre10 then replaced the saw with a new one out of the box. This saw is now also having problems cutting roughly and then the blade comes loose. I have had a lot of Bosch products over the years and never had a problem. I am now returning it for a refund and will buy something else.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Mark U

Mark UMelbourne

This is the worst drop saw I’ve ever used

Major guard malfunctioning / design issues. I sent the saw back to rectify the issue and the fix only lasted less than a week. The guard mechanism design on the saw just does not work. And after a small amount of use becomes extremely dangerous, due to the need to force the saw down to engage the guard.
I didn’t bother sending it back again for repair as the design problem lies in the flimsy metal bracket that engages the guard. Simply replacing this part with the same only leads to failure.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Works like a dream

I can't relate to some of the negative feedback whilst some appear to be comparing this tool to professional tools at double the price
I bought mine to build my deck and basic work around the house. Hasn't missed a beat to date 6 months in
Moral to the story don't buy a $400 tool & expect the precision of a $1000 tool, this is after all a DIY product if you want bells and whistles buy Bosch blue

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

JJ41Southwest, VIC

OK for rough structural timber but not for precision work

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Manolito

ManolitoAdelaide

Works well!

I have not experienced all the problems mentioned in the reviews. Four projects I have finished now and it is still running like a dream. The pcm 1800 sd I bought in August 2016 for the price of AUD 399.00 included with stand at Mitre10. I am a satisfied user.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

I rate my PCM 1800SD

Jack J

Jack JDeer Park

Bosch shows us a good example of ineptitude that could produce injury in my opinion!

I returned my PCM 1800 SD to Bunnings warehouse today after the blade kept loosening creating a disaster about to happen. When I first purchased this it came with the Bosch PTA 1 work stand and unfortunately Makita would not work with so I was stuck with another PCM 1800 SD which is still unopened in my garage as I am trying to find a Dewalt that I can trade for.... Bunnings would only allow a store credit and had no Dewalts with similar specs. I will never purchase another Bosch product again and I will never recommend a Bosch made product- I have a Dewalt 12" slider at my home back in the states which makes this Bosch PCM 1800 SD look like a piece of junk.
JM

Sloppy adjustment

Straight out of box to begin 90 degree cuts and basically stopped. Using it as adjustment was a tedious process. The turret is just sloppy when locking angle. Eventually tightened the turret spindle nut which helped a bit. Realigned the backstop which also helped. Basically have to check with set square each time I set up. A complete waste. Simple parts should not be designed to be crap cos there cheap. Never buying green Bosch again.

Waz

WazAU

Not a good product.

I tend to concur with all the prior reviews condemning this product. I purchased this saw 15/07/2015 before I looked at the reviews in question and that was a mistake. The laser light lasted about 3 minutes after removing it from the box and using it. The accuracy of the degree scale is not the best, requiring much experimentation to get accurate cuts. I purchased this saw at Bunnings warehouse and hope I hope to return it ASAP.