3.8

80% · 41 · 20%

Steve
SteveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

A solid drill, even drilling holes in bricks and harder materials like tiles, etc

For the retired who wish they were a pro handyman! Great for timber and the battery holds the charge for two hours of solid work. The battery needs a good 12 hour charge even if the green light stays on. The secret is to buy high quality drill bits. I am happy with this product from Bunnings!

Show details

Mark Stephens
Mark StephensNorth West, QLD20 posts

Great Drill

I have not experienced any issues with this drill despite using it extensively in sometimes harsh conditions (eg rain and mud).

The battery life is ok, with probably a couple of hours charge per battery.

All in all i would REcommend this product if you are looking for a drill.

Show details

AsimCanberra3 posts

Bad battery to begin with, now the charger is gone

The battery never held much of a charge from the day I bought it from Bunnings. Worse, it seemed to be quite drained every time I took it out for some work so always had to juggle between 2 batteries. But I assumed that's the way it is. Used it only for light, around the house, drill and screw kind of jobs.

Now a little out of warranty, and the battery charger refuses to work. Have been quoted $110 by Bunnings for a replacement charger!!

Very disappointed at this poor quality product from Bosch. Will look at Mikita or other better brands from now onwards.Hopefully they will last.

alecaroll
alecarollGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC28 posts

Good

It is a good electric screw driver to buy. It is maintenance free. the only problem is it would easily fall down if not placed well, say place it on a magazine on the table, it would damage the table surface, tiles and etc.

I can't tell how fatigue free it is, as I don't get fatigue using any electric tools expect the polishers. The ten speed setting is not that useful, indeed i'd prefer maybe a three speed settings, as when the battery charge changes, the speed change as well, max speed would became the mid-speed.
Extremely easy to use. Quite handy. got 10 speed to choose.
It's very easy to fall when placed on table with drill head (screw driver head)damaging the table. I don't see why it is fatigue free.

kat80
kat805 posts

Good

This is a great drill for odd jobs around the house. Its easy to use and quiet. Having interchangeable batteries with the hedge trimmer is a bonus.

I am very happy with our Bosch drill and am always looking for opportunities to use it. I would happily recommend this drill.
Its cordless.

The battery can be used with other Bosch tools. We have the Bosch hedge trimmer as well so we have an extra battery if required.
The weight of the battery makes it feel slightly unbalanced in your hand at first but I got used to this very quickly.

Jack U.
Jack U.

Can you get hammer drill skin for this model

Chris L
Chris L

I am having trouble with this drill. Hardly ever used but now when using to screw two pine planks together (50mm thick) gearing seems to slip (noisely) and it doesnt turn after half of screw in place. Similarly when i use a 25mm drill bit to make a whole in wardrobe door for latchset it does the same thing no matter the speed used.

Geoff K.
Geoff K.

PSR 1800 LI2, A good drill with lots of torque a good battery work time, however, the chuck is driving me mad. Regardless of how tight you do the chuck up, it comes undone very quickly in both forward and backwards, even if you are using keyless chuck bits or hex drivers.Very annoying. It has cost me as much as the drill in lost bits not to mention lost time and extra fatigue getting up and down ladders more than have to. As usual I have misplaced the purchase receipt for a replacement so I am stuck with it till I get really angry and throw it in the bin.This is useless. Do you have a tip on how to repair it?

Asim

No idea. My current drill (also a Bosch) does that sometimes but it still tightens up on second attempt so I am OK for the time being.

David