Bosch Rotak LI Series

Bosch Rotak LI Series

43 LI, 34 LI and 37 LI

Dev Gill

Dev GillGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good product for small size lawn!!

This Lawn mower is very handy for small size lawn. I bought it for my old man who lives in two bedroom apartment and has no grass at the front but small lawn at the back. He absolutely loves it.

Although he is in love with this but when i tried this on my average size backyard it was struggling to mow. So would only recommend this product to people who have small yards.

A full charge batter can last for about 15 to 20 mins.

Purchased in September 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse for $599.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Battery Life
Product is used: Occasionally

Fleur

Fleurbrisbane

Great little mower for small yard

I purchased this little mower for my front small yard. It does a great job, I mow regularly so am able to leave the catcher off. My only criticism is that the 2 mainonoff switch needs to be held in for the duration , which requires both hands to do so. This makes life difficult since one has to continually stop the mowing process in order to move the electric lead out of the way. A bit of a nuisance to say the least. You could get the job done in half the time with a more thoughtful design hre

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Bigted

Bigted

Very happy

Very happy. Use it to do around the pool and path edges. But inlove it so much i use it for the entire yard over winter as it is so ligt and easy to use. Struggles a bit in long thick sir walter but still cuts fine. Highly recommend. Great

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Mengxi

MengxiMelbourne

This is perfect! Cannot live with it !

I'm very happy with this movers' cutting results. It is very easy to maneuver the mower. This brand mower is easy to operate and maintain. It is also not heavy to women so that I can operate with ease. It is also flexible to collect and clean. Overall, i'm satisfied with it.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Nevin

NevinMelbourne

Still working great after a year use

Great electric lawn mover.

Pros:
- Battery still running good after an year use. I can use it for my whole big backyard, decent size front yard and nature strip.
- Powerful enough to cut through the grass
- Great customer support
- Light weight and easy to clean

Cons:
- Wheel axle started rusting
- Pricey option compared to others

idlab07

idlab07AU

Excellent Quiet Light Mower!

This mower is very powerful and easy to use though it's only a battery operated one. I had to change from petrol to the battery operated one because it's easier to use for my dad. It's very light to maneuver. To start you just need to press a button. Very easy to clean and maintain too.

Supreet

SupreetMelbourne

Good powered Electric mower

I bought this from bunnings along with trimmer that came in the box.
This is powered by wire, which trains most people off- but I don't like petrol mowers due heir maintenance requirements.
For this, you just plug in and go.
It is just about very simple learning curve of how not to mow over wire.
This unit is pretty powerful and does the job. I have about 300m2 lawn and face no problem even with knee length grass. Price was $200 combined mower plus trimmer.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Motor spins a few times then stops,give it a month maybe two and it starts again sales and services

Motor keeps stopping then spins a couple of times then stops again.give it a month or two then it works fine again.dont know if Bosch are aware or not but the grass keeps growing!sales and service pathetic no wonder they lost the war with machines like this,tanks would only fire on certain days.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Judy

JudyMelbourne

Great Lawnmower but not AL 3640 CV Charger

I had exactly the same problem as the previous reviewer (Roger on Nov 23 2016) - the AL 3640 CV charger suddenly stop working after 4 years while the lawnmower is going just fine (the lawnmower is not that often used over the 4 years). Followed Roger's comments and located the original article (http://galooph.com/blog/2015/11/13/repairing-a-bosch-al-3640-cv-charger/), I have managed to replace the 1W 180k resistor and got the charger working again! $0.25 instead of $190 for new charger is something unbeatable. Agreeing with Roger that Bosch should have better solutions/warnings on this problem for their customers. Thank you Roger and gallooph for sharing your tips/solutions!!!

Date PurchasedSep 2012
Roger

RogerMelbourne

Great mower - shame about the charger

I've had this mower for quite a few years now and it works brilliantly all the time. I don't have much lawn to mow (and even less now that I built a new house) but the one thing I'm hearing a lot of is the under-engineered battery charger dying...and considering the faulty part bringing your mowing to a halt is a 25 cent 180k resistor I'm not impressed with Bosch's engineers on that count. However there is a well written article by a guy called galooph who explains really well how to fix it (though I think his wattages were wrong and I replaced the resistor with a 1W 180k-ohm resistor and all is good again. Maybe I should start a service for repairing chargers in Melbourne ;)

Date PurchasedJun 2009

Bluesheep

BluesheepSydney

Great mower!

Date PurchasedMar 2016

SteveK

SteveKT

Grass jams the edge of blade

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Active lady

Active ladyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Served me well

I was happy for 4 years then all of a sudden battery would only last 5 minutes after charging so bought a new battery, not cheap nevertheless cheaper than a new mower, new battery appeared to change but zilch power, was told the charger had died rather than the battery.

Date PurchasedFeb 2012

teddeebare

teddeebarePerth, WA

An amazing cordless mower

This is an amazing cordless mower. Lightweight, functional and easy to handle. The battery lasts. I have roughly 200 sqm of lawn to mow and it eats it all up with power to spare. Would happily recommend the product to anyone wanting a quiet (in comparison), easy to use mower.

ShaggyDA

ShaggyDA

Very good quality, but the batteries will inevitably die

I purchased this mower four years ago, with two batteries, and use it bi-weekly 3 seasons a year. My lawn is about 1/3 of a 600m^2 block, and I now go through about 1.5 batteries a session. The mower has never let me down, but battery capacity is markedly lower than when new. Batteries are expensive, but if you are willing to accept this cost, it's a powerful, quiet, and very light lawn mower! It is also surprisingly robust given it is constructed almost entirely of plastic.

Cobrin

CobrinCairns

Light to manoeuvre battery good but $$$

Angela

AngelaSutherland shire

Great mower with long battery life

I am a shortish 50 somethingish female with ms, so I was looking for a mower that did not leave me in pain. This is it! We have an average lawn size ( maybe 1/3 of a 870 sq block) and I can mow on one charge. Very impressed with the cut of the grass also. I have the height set on 3 to give the grass the ability to stay alive during Sydney summer. I like mowing..I am outside doing housework for a change..lol. I have only used it twice so far.

jjmmav

jjmmav

After 5 Years, Still A Charm.

Mower fantastic - battery + charger ???

Mower fantastic - but when the battery charger blew its fuse it became too difficult to know what was wrong - the battery, the charger or something caused by the mower. Replacing the charger and battery is very expensive ... and if its a problem caused by the mower it could be a waste of time and money.

Expensive but good

Vivienne Gregoryasked

I bought a Bosch Rotak 32L1S this year and I am very pleased with it, but I would like to know why it seems to cut out momentarily every now and again?

Bosch Power Tools
HayleyBosch Power Tools

Hi Vivienne,

Would you mind sending me the 10-digit part number on the back of your tool or from the box? We don’t sell any Rotak model by that name here in Australia.

If the motor sometimes stops immediately, possible explanations are that the battery is not charged, the isolator key is not inserted correctly/fully, the battery is not inserted correctly, or the battery is too hot/cold. This is all outlined in the manual that came with your tool.

Otherwise, if the tool seems to function intermittently, a possible cause it that the internal wiring of the machine has been damaged, or that the motor protector has activated. If it’s the latter you should allow the motor to cool and increase the height of cut.

It’s hard to know what the exact issue is without being able to assess the tool ourselves. If you purchased your tool in Australia and you’ve tried all the above troubleshooting (as per the manual), you might consider taking it back to the store you purchased it from or to an Authorised Service Dealer for assessment.

To locate an Authorised Service Dealer, please call 1300 307 044 or visit the link below with a list of our Authorised Service Dealers in Australia:

Let me know how you go or if you have any other questions.

Cheers, Hayley

Vivienne Gregory

Hello Hayley, Thanks for your response. I bought it in Belgium, so a bit far to travel to fix the problem in Australia!! However I found the number on the machine - TYP 3600H85D04.

Bosch Power Tools
HayleyBosch Power Tools

Hi Vivienne,

Ah, that explains it. Who knows, maybe you can turn it into a holiday as well ;)

The best thing to do would be to check the manual as its got a whole list of troubleshooting options. Otherwise, you can take it back to the place of purchase (in Belgium!) or contact the local customer service team and they should be able to help you out.

Let me know how you go. If you're really having trouble I can see if our team in AU can get in touch with the team in your country to help resolve this issue.

Cheers, Hayley.

Jeremy C.

Jeremy C.asked

My mower just fails after 10 metres and so i think the battery is dead or going . How do i check this as I dont want to buy a new battery if its something else . Its about 8 years old .

Peter B.asked

Have just purchased my rotak 370 cordless mower, I have slid the battery into place but i cannot now remove the battery, it wont come out,

Liam M.
Liam M.

Once you open the lid push the same red button down harder while lid is open this then releases the battery

Liam,
Thank you for your kind response to the problem, I am still getting used to my new battery mower.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Power Tools representatives

Noise Level 70 dB
Weight13.9 kg
Voltage 36 V
Charging Time2.3 hours
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Engine / Motor