Bosch Home Appliances Serie 4 Dishwashers

Bosch Home Appliances Serie 4 Dishwashers

SMS50E32AU (White), SMS46GI01A (Silver Inox), SMS46GW01A (White), etc...

3.9

• Internal Layout

John

JohnGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

AVOID Mouldy Product x 2!!!!

This company was nightmare to deal with. Huge delays when a replacement dishwasher needed to be sent out because the original one was mouldy. The replacement dishwasher was also mouldy.

Purchased at David Jones Retail Stores for A$719.00.

AspenKat

AspenKatSydney Surrounds, NSW

Huge disappointment from the start.

Heard so many great things about Bosh dishwashers but my experience has been nothing but disappointing. Rarely cleaned dishes well. Often had to do more than one wash. Streaky glasses and spotty cutlery even when using the recommended tablets. Tablets never dissolved properly so powder was the only option. Dishes were never dry at the end so I had to open the door to let them air dry.
Just 6 months outside of the warranty, the heating element has died. Not something I expected from a brand that has a reputation of long lasting dishwashers. Bosch customer support were at least friendly and professional and have replaced the part under warranty. Hopefully it holds up.

Purchased in January 2018 at Appliances Online for A$607.00.

Dunk

DunkMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Super clean & Quiet

We purchased this dishwasher today after our old one finally died, it's so far done 3 loads of various items & has not missed a beat. Dishes, cutlery and pots & pans have come out super clean & have good shine to them. The machine is so quiet you basically have to stand next to it to even know it's on. Highly recommend to purchase this dishwasher if you want one that ticks all the boxes.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$794.00.

Freestanding Dishwashers

Find out how Bosch Home Appliances Serie 4 Dishwashers compares to other Freestanding Dishwashers

Donna

DonnaCanberra 2600, ACT

It's ok

Purchased in April 2020 at Appliances Online for A$725.00.

Sara

SaraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Rue the day I bought it. Terrible machine!

Purchased in March 2019 at e&s for A$800.00.

kristian.karov

kristian.karovPerth, WA

Great dishwasher but quick program does not dry dishes sufficiently

Coming from an older bosch which gave up after 10 years of service. Good cleaning, inexpensive, easy to use, not ever clogged. In the standard program works perfect. Took one star out as the quick program does not dry the dishes sufficiently

Purchased in December 2019 at Appliances Online for A$618.00.

Vikki M

Vikki MMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I made mine mobile .... I love it.

I purchased my Bosch SMS50E32AU from appliances online in 2018 for $596.00. I couldn't install it so I bought a dolly, tap fittings and a new threaded tap (cost around $100) to hook it up to my tap, wheeling it to the back door to drain.
I wash every 1-2 days using the short cycle pots n pans for most washes,never pre-rinsing and unless over stacked everything comes out sparkling.
I run a dishwasher cleaner through it once every few months and the polytub is easy to keep clean.
I haven't had 1 issue and I'm as happy as the day I bought it.
Negatives - plastic comes out wet and often overturn filling with water so I use a drying rack for those.
Easy to use, great basic dishwasher, would definitely recommend.

Purchased in October 2018 at Appliances Online for A$596.00.

Perrycando

PerrycandoSydney Surrounds, NSW

Perfect!

Just brought this dishwasher 6 weeks ago. Love it! Easy to pack, plenty of space which we fit a whole days worth of dishes in. Fits large plates well. Love the wine glass rack. Dish draw is better then cutlery basket. As other reviews, there is a smell at new but it’s just a ‘new smell’ that goes in a few washes. Only thing is auto cycle is 3 hours long, but apart from that it cleans perfectly so we don’t mind the long cycle.

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys for A$800.00.

HappyDays

HappyDaysPerth, WA

Never buying Bosch again

Purchased in August 2015. Died approximately four years later.
Error message E-09 - heat pump or pc board error. Both are expensive repairs. Repairmen tell me not to bother, just buy a new one.
Absolutely ridiculous.
Not to mention, this dishwasher was never that great to start with. The "finish powerball" recommended product NEVER dissolved fully. Constantly running out of rinse aid. Washes were extremely long.
Forget Bosch. This dishwasher dying within four years of purchase has put me off the brand for life.

Purchased in August 2015 at The Good Guys for A$850.00.

Sam

SamMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Helped with dishes

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$797.00.

Jay

JayPerth, WA

Reliable and works well

Have been using this appliance for about 5 years now. It may be older as it was installed when we moved in.

Not a single issue, does a great job cleaning the dishes.
Easy to use and no fuss at all.
I expect it to last a long time.

SHEILA

SHEILASydney Surrounds, NSW

excellent

This is my second Bosch dishwasher. Very reliable brand. Read some reviews and saw how people loved the cutlery tray. I don't, so removed it, as it stopped me putting certain things in top tray. Extremely quiet and power/water efficient. Would buy another one. Highly recommended

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys for A$850.00.

Ben Cody KirkSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bosch make great appliances

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys for A$795.00.

You're welcome!

Tom T

Tom TSydney, NSW

Quick Wash 29 minutes cycle taking too long.

Bought Bosch Series 4 dishwasher 3 days ago and the
1) quick cycle takes 50min to complete. There is an additional 25 min added to all wash cycles . I Have done a hard and soft reset and there is plenty of rinse aid and that didn’t help.
2) And a strange loud ticking noise near the end of the wash cycle and it’s not the dishes.
3) There is also a very bad fishy smell with the dishwasher. very disappointed. Expected more from Bosch as all our white good are Bosch. and had no problems in the past. Saying that this dishwasher was made in Turkey, all other Bosch products we had were made in Germany.

Purchased in April 2020 at Bing Lee Physical store for A$699.00.

Hi Tom T,
We'd like to help, if you contact us on1300 369 744, we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Geoff

GeoffSydney, NSW

So far excellent

Purchased in April 2020 at Home Clearance for A$716.00.

Sue D.

Sue D.Sydney, NSW

Perfect now but smelly at first

I bought this dishwasher as a replacement for my 12 year old Westinghouse. As a replacement Westinghouse wasn't immediately available I opted for this Turkish made Bosch. The machine emitted a foul, plastic/chemichal/fishy smell from the first time I used it. After trying dishwasher cleaners and
bi-carb/vinegar and running lots of hot cycles, I asked for a technician to check the machine. I should add that the machine has always cleaned the dishes perfectly. The technician checked the machine and agreed that it smelled bad, however he assured me that it would go away. It took about three months but he was right. I now love this machine.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bing Lee for A$695.00.

Boo

Boo

STINKS - do not buy

How did I miss the endless reviews about the toxic stench coming from the dishwasher? I have had breathing trouble and an endless headache since installing it. We have tried all of the suggestions to address but it is still terrible. The dishwasher is basically unuseable. The stench permeates through the house. The layout inside and cleaning ability are great, but there is no way anyone should consider buying one due to the toxic smell.

Purchased in March 2020.

priskySydney, NSW

So far so good, but customer service could be better

I purchased my dishwasher earlier this month. Installation was a little tricky (the installation guide resembles an ikea assembly manual) and took longer than expected. The machine washes well and is very quiet. However, my machine came with the rinse aid door warped. I have contacted the Bosch support via email and telephone and am yet to hear from anyone. If anyone from Bosch is watching this page, please contact me.

Purchased in March 2020 at Appliances Online for A$769.00.

prisky

Thanks. I'll wait another week for a response via email.

DanielleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does a wonderful job - but it stinks. Literally.

I was so excited when I bought this dishwasher. I'd never had one before and I wanted the best. I'd always thought Bosch an excellent brand, and it is. BUT the nasty plasticy smell it emits when open simply won't go away.
I bought this Bosch Super Silence 46dB in December 2019. It's now March 2020, and the smell is just as bad as ever.
I wish I'd read [name removed] great review below before I bought it.

Purchased in December 2019 at Appliances Online for A$700.00.

Rob

RobSydney Surrounds, NSW

Quiet and cleans ok BUT.... foul smell after washes

Purchased in December 2019 at Appliances Online.

Hi Rob,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dishwasher. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you.