WTA74200AU, WTA74201AU
Listing monitored by Bosch Home Appliances

DonnaMaree
DonnaMareeWhangarei

Doesn't dry the laundry.

The moisture sensor overrides any function you choose, even the time functions... (so if you put the timer on for 60 Minutes the sensor will turn it off within the first 5 minutes and your clothes are still left semi damp, no matter what you do.) I loathe this machine. I'm so over this, I'm selling it and buying a different drier!

Purchased in May 2017.

Sim1here
Sim1hereSydney, NSW

WTA74200AU

Purchased in August 2016 at The Good Guys.

Broken after 5 years

We bought Bosch because of its reputation. We also bought this model because we we are a large family and 7kg was recommended.
$1000 !!! Now it is broken and repairs are as much as a new model.
Now I am stuck as I have the Bosch washing machine and need to stack a dryer on top.
Really mad that this has happened and the cost is so much!
Surely these items should last 10 or more years?

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Vented Clothes Dryers

Find out how Bosch Serie 4 Vented Tumble Dryers compares to other Vented Clothes Dryers

CathyOne
CathyOne

Fabulous Dryer

I bought this dryer a week ago after much deliberation, because of the very mixed reviews on here. The price was great for a dryer of this quality. It seems extremely solid & well built. The dryer is fabulous & very quiet. The sensor drying is great, it seems to dry much quicker than my old dryer. You have to read the manual, this is not just a "turn the dial & it goes" type of dryer. So maybe that has something to do with the negative reviews.

I also didn't stack the dryer, as it is not recommended.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Cherry1
Cherry1AU

Love this dryer

Great dryer..holds big loads..sometimes not the best when only a couple of items are in it, it tends to think they are dryer than what they really are and turns off. Other than that it has saved our life with 4 kids in the family and constant washing, we only do big loads now so not washing/drying as much!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
The King
The KingGold Coast

Must have on a budget dryer

Packed full of technology this vented dryer ticks all the boxes including price. New heat pump technology is still financially out of reach of most consumers, so if you need a dryer that is just as good (though not as economical as the heat pump 6 stars energy rating) then this machine has the goods. Reason it gets four stars is the issue with drying sheets, they get tangled up in a ball and need untangling twice minimum.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
terrencer7876
terrencer7876North-East, TAS

A drier for those who want a special kind of drying each time...

This is a drier that does the drying as you want it dried but you need to take the time to put the information in to get the best out of this great function. Remember that you only get great when you take a little time. So if a good drier gives you a drying time and quality of dry clothing just as you order then this is the drier for you.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016

Bosch 7kg dryer Lemon

This dryer does not dry, only two weeks old has not completely dried anything I have put in it. I want my money back this is the most ridiculous pathetic excuse for a dryer I have spent a lot of money on and have received nothing in return, what is wrong with this product ?

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Sally
Sally

I have contacted your help site and am waiting for an agent to call me and book a service call, your representative was rather condescending in questioning how I "qualify" damp, wet, etc. I would say "not dry ! "

AJ WHARE
AJ WHARESouth East Queensland, QLD

Does not dry clothes

Date PurchasedJan 2016

GreenDaisies
GreenDaisiesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Average dryer

In a nutshell - clothes always take longer to dry. Sheets come out in one big tangle. The lint filter is easy enough to clean but heaps of lint falls below the filter. The area where the lint gets trapped is too deep to put my hand in. This is an annoying feature.

The most annoying feature of this dryer is the funnel for the air to blow out of. I prefer dryers that have this feature on the front of the machine. For one of the more expensive dryers on the market this is a cheap looking and annoying feature. I have to prop the funnel up otherwise the floor gets wet with condensation.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Great dryer.

Clothes come out soft and not burning hot. Dries in alot less time than my previous dryer. Once you get into the habit of telling the dryer what you want, rather than just pushing one button. Very different to use bit I love it. Once you get used to it it's great.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Bosch lover
Bosch loverBrisbane

Adjust the default settings otherwise it does not dry properly!

I'm not sure why the Bosch officials aren't informing you of this in their generic response, but when this dryer is deliverer the default dryness setting is "0" , use the "fine adjust" and set it higher to make things drier. The setting will stay high until you adjust it down. I am going to give it a bit longer and hopefully things will improve but I'm not overly impressed yet! I have just run a load and it is slightly drier, but not fully! What is going on Bosch!

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Samar kalandosVictoria

Bad for sheets ok for clothes

My sheets never dry probably, this dryer keep making them like ball and, I have to go every 10mintus to check it and fixing it, ok for clothes but take so long for 7kg ,something don't drying it probably, but they coming out clean and soft and no fluff, I just got it for about a 3weeks now and I'm not happy at all, I wish I never make this porches, my old one was Electrolux and at was fantastic,fast and energy saver,I wish I can have my money back, I well go back to the old one, plus...I don't recommend anyone to buy it plus it's so expensive comparing by the other brands.im very very sad

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Samar kalandos

Thanks for your reply I well asap when I have time.

Sue
SuePerth, Western Australia

BRAND NEW Absolute waste of money

I have never come across a dryer so useless, it is a 7kg machine on every setting it does not dry clothing, doesn't matter if you set it on extra dry still wont heat up, People NEVER BUY THIS DRYER, I wouldn't even buy another Bosch product, I have tried putting in one item No heat tried several items No heat, full load No heat.
I am disgusted

Date PurchasedApr 2016
SidLos Gatos, CA

Very disappointed in my Bosch dryer

I purchased a Bosch Dryer 86402 in Sept '15 and would not recommend it! Because there is no vent to the outside, the whole room gets hot and the moisture in the machine keeps the clothes from drying faster. The sheets, when being dried, continue to quickly form into a ball, taking longer to dry and result in very wrinkled sheets. I am very disappointed in my dryer!!! And would not recommend it. I would like to return it!
Sidney M.

Rosemary
Rosemaryasked
Serie 4 Vented Tumble Dryers

I'm 69 and wanted to ask concerning the venting. If I have the external laundry open (1500cm from machine) is that enough. I've never owned a dryer so don't know anything about them. Thanks Rosemary

Hi Rosemary,
Thanks for the question regarding the Bosch dryer range.
You can find the installation instructions for appliances at https://www.bosch-home.com.au/ If you want to provide the specific model number you're looking at we can assist with more specifics. You can either post it here or feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

janem
janemasked
Serie 4 WTA74200AU

I just went to clean the lint filter and as I removed it 2 rectangles of fluff fell off the filter and into the gap in the machine. The picture on the door of the drying shows a hinged fluff filter that you open and brush off to clean. Mine has no hinge, it's just one piece and nothing to hold the fluff on as you pull it out. So now I have to try to fish out the fluff from the inside gap in the front of the machine. Worried this is a fire hazzard. What to do? Have I got the wrong filter in it?

Siam
Siamasked
Serie 4 WTA74200AU

I am having many problems with this dryer, not sure if faulty but will not dry a load in the last month, beeps that it's finished and the clothes are very wet, very frustrated. Any ideas?

weng393
weng393

sounds like there's a problem with it. I assume you've cleared the lint filter. is it under warranty? If it's less than 2-3 years old then under Australian law you should be able to get it repaired by the manufacturer because expensive items should have a reasonable life. I hope you have the store receipt?

Sid

I think it takes longer because the moisture is not released through vents to the outside, which most other dryers have.

Hi Siam,

Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch WTA74200AU Dryer.

We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact our After Sales Support team on 1300 369 744 during business hours.

Regards, BoschHomeAu