Terrible Dishwasher. Died straight out of warranty

Dishwasher worked well during the 2 year warranty period, but the heat pump failed with error code E09 straight out of the warranty. Called the Bosch service warranty number, but was quoted $159 call out just to check out the fault. Bosch wants to charge callout plus parts cost plus hourly labour cost.
Bosch is suppose to be reliable, but that's just not the case here. Terrible customer service. Do not buy Bosch dishwasher!!!

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Hi Roger, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS50D08AU Dishwasher. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please send us an email at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, listing the problems you are having and quoting BSH2181 in the subject line. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Didnt last 3 years

This was actually a pretty good machine - while it lasted. It tripped our switch last week and on closer inspection, the back of the machine is severely corroded from a leak, the worst the fridge mechanic had ever seen in fact. Anyway, the motor went and we didnt even get three years out of this dishwasher. Bosch should perhaps stick with power tools. I am utterly annoyed that we purchased this dishwasher. I will never buy bosch appliances again.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Hi Jac, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS50D08AU Dishwasher. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Yep, so no joy here. I bought the machine from Masters, and they still have a service line, but they dont seem to have any record of my purchasing the machine. (I misplaced the receipt which is incredibly annoying). The odd thing is that Bosch sent someone to look at the dishwasher when it played up not long after we bought it, and they have that on their records....because they told me this over the phone, and yet that it is not enough to verify that we purchased it in the first place. Ridiculous. Never again.

Love it, use it every day

Sturdy Bosch dishwasher with trustworthy engineering. Nicely made with stainless steel front and finger print proof against the little ones. Adjustable top tray to make room for the larger pots underneath and lots of space with more adjustable racks on top for delicates such as champagne flutes. Lots of different options for the different load types.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Great buy

One of the best buys for the New year..!
Very efficient. Totally worth the buy and satisfying results. It is one of the quietest machines..! Makes my life real easy as I have a toddler and the dishes pile up in no time. So the Quick option is so good as it washes up dishes in half an hour. Life is much better now as I can spend more quality time with family than with dirty dishes.

Love it over all.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Smi, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS50D08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance and its features. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Works fantastic!

We love it! It cleans the dishes really well. It is able to get rid of the nitty gritty stuff we sometimes miss in the rinsing off before we place it in the dish washer and we really like that about it. It also doesn't use heaps of water so that's a plus.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi Fridge, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS50D08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great dishwasher

Bought our machine about a year ago, and we love it. Dishes come out clean, it's easy to load and unload, reasonable noise levels (couldn't sleep next to it, but can watch TV if it's going). My only concern is occasionally it comes up with an error and won't work till you turn out off 1 or 2 times, this is so intermittent it's not worth calling up about as if someone came to check it I'm sure the machine would work fine. But it does make me slightly worried it will become an issue after warranty ends. But I am very happy with the dishwasher.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi Kirsten, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS50D08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Not happy with this dishwasher

Purhased this dishwasher a few years ago came home from being away and asked my husband why the machine was full of water thought we had a power issue but it won’t turn on tried several different power outlets but still no power to
It. Rang Bosch and was told how much it would cost to have someone come out then parts and labor on top nearly the price of a new one Not Happy as was told this is the best have now been washing dishes by hand and starting to look at getting a new one and it won’t be a Bosch

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Hi Big Red, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS50D08AU Dishwasher. If we can be of any assistance to you, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Thank you for your reply but I have made contact with Bosch and was told it would be $120 service call fee then assess what could be wrong then Over $100 for every hour that they are in your home so I’m not going to spend that money plus not to mention that parts have not been included my two girlfriends also have a Bosch one has had trouble from the start three times Bosh has been out she ended up buying a different brand from Harvey Norman as I said very disappointed as was asked at the time if I wanted to spend the extra money for an extended warranty I told them why would I do that as was told this is one of the best?????Also just to add the dishwasher was going through a cycle then stopped no power to the machine doesn’t even run on surely with that information Bosch would know why my son is a Plummer and he couldn’t see what the problem was or is

Can’t live without our dishwasher!

I’ve lived in many houses with different dishwashers and so far the Bosch has been the best! Fits so much in it and cleans the dishes so well! It’s quiet and easy to use.. can select from many different cycles but the 2 hour one is my go to as it gets everything nice and clean from the glasswear to the extra greasy frypans

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Hi Rara H, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS50D08AU Dishwasher, we’re glad to hear that you’re enjoying your appliance. If you have any future queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

So far so good

This, so far, has been a great machine. Quiet and good results.It is simple to use. Washes well. The machine doesn't mark with fingerprints. It replaced a Fisher and Paykel and we much prefer this one. I would recommend to all my griend and family. Will update when we have had it for 12 months

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Phil, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Bosch SMS50D08AU Dishwasher and we’re glad to hear that you’re enjoying your appliance so far. If you have any future queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Excellent warranty service

Our dishwasher recently broke down, as we had bought the house recently we did not have any proof of purchase. I emailed Bosch service and they determined from the serial number it was still covered under warranty. Their serviceman came out and replaced the motor drive module. There was no fuss, just fast efficient service.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Excellent dishwasher but...

Clean well, dries well, it's as quiet as someone washing their hands in a bathroom sink.

We have the SMS 60 DO8 AU so slightly different but mostly the same to the SMS 50 but we use the auto function and just hit start and it's that easy.

Only negative was 19 months after buying the dishwasher was flashing the rinse aid and the check water light together and would not start. Turns out it needed a new flow meter and a control module ! Why this happened after this short time I do not know.

Fingers crossed whatever it was replaced with doesn't have the same defect.

Bit disappointing as we've had Bosch previously for dishwashers going back to 2003 in other homes and never had an issue. Previous machines were German made not Turkish but whether that makes a difference I do not know.

I should add after calling Bosch about this issue, they organised a local repair company who came out to fix it promptly and parts were here fast. Didn't cost us a thing .

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Hi Happy, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS50D08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.No problems since.

Recommended by family

Purchased this just before Masters closed based on family recommendations. They had had this dishwasher for a while and spoke positive about it.

It is super quiet while in operation. Simple to use. Washes well. The stainless steel doesn't mark with fingerprints ect.

This is the answer I when all you need is a reliable and simple dishwater. Another happy Bosch customer

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi Clancy89, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS50D08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

It Only Lasted 3 year. Absolute Piece of Garbage. I Will Never Buy Bosch Again.

I bought this Bosch dishwasher as I thought it was a reputable brand. Our Bosch dishwasher worked well for about 2 and a half years. Once it was just out of warranty 'error 18' keep turning up. It would sometimes work if you turned it off then turned it back on. Finally when it wouldn't work at all we got a local repair man to come out and have a look. He said he needed to get a part in to fix it. Its been 5 months since and numerous calls and he still can't get the part....apparently. So tomorrow I am going to go buy a new one I am unsure which brand but I know for sure I WILL NEVER EVER BE BUYING BOSCH AGAIN.
I am unsure whether I just got a lemon or if even the reputable brand are building in faults to their appliances so you just have to keep buying them every few years.

Date PurchasedJun 2014
Hi arg27744 , Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS50D08AU Dishwasher. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please send us an email at socialmedia@bshg.com, listing the problems you are having. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Good replacement dishwasher

This dishwasher replaced an older Fisher Paykel (which I was happy with). I did not realise how loud the old dishwasher was till I started using this Bosch. First time I used it I could not tell that I had turned it on it was so quiet. Later I could hear it running (barely) during the cycle.

I like how simple it is to delay the start time to use cheaper over night off peak electricity.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Jeoffer, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS50D08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Spot on

Hasn't missed a beat and unlike many others, it actually cleans the dishes. Washes pretty quickly compared to our last one. Is not too loud and doesn't keep everyone awake if we use it at night. Cost us around $500 and pretty happy with our purchase. Looks nice too. That's 50

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Hi Greg, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS50D08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Excellent dishwasher

I love this dishwasher. It cleans very well and has been going strong for nearly a year. The dishwasher it replaced produced dishes that were sometimes dirtier than when they went in somehow and if you put something in a spot where it slipped and protruded past the drawers nothing would wash (this happened often with our square plates). I have had no issues like that with the Bosch and with rinse aid everything comes out much drier too. It is pretty quiet. The only thing I didn't like is the smell of the plastic bottom at the end of a wash - smells quite toxic as the plastic heats, but I haven't noticed it much lately so it either got better or I got used to it!

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Hi Ezzag, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS50D08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great quiet dishwasher

This cleans our dishes very well. It's not as great drying them.
Super quiet and you barely even can hear when it's washing.
This is very easy to use.
Can change the temperature based on what you need.
It is very spacious inside as well, lots of room on bottom shelf.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi Mel F, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS50D08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Incredibly efficient

First dishwasher I have owned. Shouldve got it years ago as I hate doing dishes. It uses less water than I do. Uses hardly any power and dishes come out clean and dry. It seems quiet to me, but I have only experienced ones in hotels before. Has a delay start function that I use everyday - we have solar power so I want to run it during the day. Used to think it was a luxury but wouldnt be without it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi BremerBabe, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS50D08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Very Happy

This is my first Bosch purchase and I am very happy with it. It is unbelievably quiet to the point I sometimes open it to check that it is on. It cleans and dries really well. I love the option of the quick wash which only takes 29 minutes although it doesn't dry quite so well on that option but for a short wash I will cop that. I have found it cleans well but then I do rinse before I put things in. I think it works very well.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi Dissatisfied, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS50D08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great little unit

Purchased new as a replacement and have found this unit much quieter plus eaves dishes dry. I did find the compartment a tad smaller than expected but to counter that the filter system actually locks in place. Overall 100% improvement on my last unit
One thing to take into account when fitting is the anti flood connection as you will require around 200mm from tap to connect but not a huge problem

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Hi Willo, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS50D08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

What is good dishwasher for reasonable price and quality?
Hi Venkata,  Thanks for your question. The best dishwasher for you would depend on your own preferences. You can view our full current range on our website at: www.bosch-home.com.au/products/dishwashers If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Hi, I have this Bosch dishwasher, purchased in July 2016. We have a problem with the check water light coming on, every time we use it. What could this be from? After a few foes of turning power off and then going again it works. Very frustrating!
Hi Cew, Thanks for your question. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS50D08AU Dishwasher. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Hi Our dishwasher won't reset to start. I believe someone presses start on 1 hour but still Nothing. Turned it on n off many times but still won't start. Power is on.. Any suggestions ? Vanessa
Hi Vanessa, Thanks for your question. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS50D08AU Dishwasher. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Hi Vanessa, Try this turn button on and change the program setting and switch back to what you want and then press start see if that helps. I've had the same when it's sets to start in an hours time which I've done by accident.. If that doesnt help call service centre. hope this helps

FeaturesEco Mode/Wash