Bosch SMS50D08AU

Bosch SMS50D08AU

Roger

RogerSydney

Terrible Dishwasher. Died straight out of warranty

Dishwasher worked well during the 2 year warranty period, but the heat pump failed with error code E09 straight out of the warranty. Called the Bosch service warranty number, but was quoted $159 call out just to check out the fault. Bosch wants to charge callout plus parts cost plus hourly labour cost.
Bosch is suppose to be reliable, but that's just not the case here. Terrible customer service. Do not buy Bosch dishwasher!!!

Date PurchasedJun 2015

JacToowoomba

Didnt last 3 years

This was actually a pretty good machine - while it lasted. It tripped our switch last week and on closer inspection, the back of the machine is severely corroded from a leak, the worst the fridge mechanic had ever seen in fact. Anyway, the motor went and we didnt even get three years out of this dishwasher. Bosch should perhaps stick with power tools. I am utterly annoyed that we purchased this dishwasher. I will never buy bosch appliances again.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Dan

DanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love it, use it every day

Sturdy Bosch dishwasher with trustworthy engineering. Nicely made with stainless steel front and finger print proof against the little ones. Adjustable top tray to make room for the larger pots underneath and lots of space with more adjustable racks on top for delicates such as champagne flutes. Lots of different options for the different load types.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Great buy

One of the best buys for the New year..!
Very efficient. Totally worth the buy and satisfying results. It is one of the quietest machines..! Makes my life real easy as I have a toddler and the dishes pile up in no time. So the Quick option is so good as it washes up dishes in half an hour. Life is much better now as I can spend more quality time with family than with dirty dishes.

Love it over all.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Fridge

Fridge

Works fantastic!

We love it! It cleans the dishes really well. It is able to get rid of the nitty gritty stuff we sometimes miss in the rinsing off before we place it in the dish washer and we really like that about it. It also doesn't use heaps of water so that's a plus.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Kirsten

KirstenSmiths Lake

Great dishwasher

Bought our machine about a year ago, and we love it. Dishes come out clean, it's easy to load and unload, reasonable noise levels (couldn't sleep next to it, but can watch TV if it's going). My only concern is occasionally it comes up with an error and won't work till you turn out off 1 or 2 times, this is so intermittent it's not worth calling up about as if someone came to check it I'm sure the machine would work fine. But it does make me slightly worried it will become an issue after warranty ends. But I am very happy with the dishwasher.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Not happy with this dishwasher

Purhased this dishwasher a few years ago came home from being away and asked my husband why the machine was full of water thought we had a power issue but it won’t turn on tried several different power outlets but still no power to
It. Rang Bosch and was told how much it would cost to have someone come out then parts and labor on top nearly the price of a new one Not Happy as was told this is the best have now been washing dishes by hand and starting to look at getting a new one and it won’t be a Bosch

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Big Red

Also just to add the dishwasher was going through a cycle then stopped no power to the machine doesn’t even run on surely with that information Bosch would know why my son is a Plummer and he couldn’t see what the problem was or is

Rara H

Rara HMelbourne

Can’t live without our dishwasher!

I’ve lived in many houses with different dishwashers and so far the Bosch has been the best! Fits so much in it and cleans the dishes so well! It’s quiet and easy to use.. can select from many different cycles but the 2 hour one is my go to as it gets everything nice and clean from the glasswear to the extra greasy frypans

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Phil

PhilIllawarra, NSW

So far so good

This, so far, has been a great machine. Quiet and good results.It is simple to use. Washes well. The machine doesn't mark with fingerprints. It replaced a Fisher and Paykel and we much prefer this one. I would recommend to all my griend and family. Will update when we have had it for 12 months

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Excellent warranty service

Our dishwasher recently broke down, as we had bought the house recently we did not have any proof of purchase. I emailed Bosch service and they determined from the serial number it was still covered under warranty. Their serviceman came out and replaced the motor drive module. There was no fuss, just fast efficient service.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

No problems since.

clancy89

clancy89Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Recommended by family

Purchased this just before Masters closed based on family recommendations. They had had this dishwasher for a while and spoke positive about it.

It is super quiet while in operation. Simple to use. Washes well. The stainless steel doesn't mark with fingerprints ect.

This is the answer I when all you need is a reliable and simple dishwater. Another happy Bosch customer

Date PurchasedNov 2016

arg27744

arg27744Illawarra, NSW

It Only Lasted 3 year. Absolute Piece of Garbage. I Will Never Buy Bosch Again.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Jeoffer

JeofferVictoria, 3015

Good replacement dishwasher

This dishwasher replaced an older Fisher Paykel (which I was happy with). I did not realise how loud the old dishwasher was till I started using this Bosch. First time I used it I could not tell that I had turned it on it was so quiet. Later I could hear it running (barely) during the cycle.

I like how simple it is to delay the start time to use cheaper over night off peak electricity.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Greg

GregSan Francisco

Spot on

Hasn't missed a beat and unlike many others, it actually cleans the dishes. Washes pretty quickly compared to our last one. Is not too loud and doesn't keep everyone awake if we use it at night. Cost us around $500 and pretty happy with our purchase. Looks nice too. That's 50

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
ezzag

ezzag

Excellent dishwasher

I love this dishwasher. It cleans very well and has been going strong for nearly a year. The dishwasher it replaced produced dishes that were sometimes dirtier than when they went in somehow and if you put something in a spot where it slipped and protruded past the drawers nothing would wash (this happened often with our square plates). I have had no issues like that with the Bosch and with rinse aid everything comes out much drier too. It is pretty quiet. The only thing I didn't like is the smell of the plastic bottom at the end of a wash - smells quite toxic as the plastic heats, but I haven't noticed it much lately so it either got better or I got used to it!

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Mel F

Mel FBrisbane

Great quiet dishwasher

This cleans our dishes very well. It's not as great drying them.
Super quiet and you barely even can hear when it's washing.
This is very easy to use.
Can change the temperature based on what you need.
It is very spacious inside as well, lots of room on bottom shelf.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

BremerBabe

BremerBabe

Incredibly efficient

First dishwasher I have owned. Shouldve got it years ago as I hate doing dishes. It uses less water than I do. Uses hardly any power and dishes come out clean and dry. It seems quiet to me, but I have only experienced ones in hotels before. Has a delay start function that I use everyday - we have solar power so I want to run it during the day. Used to think it was a luxury but wouldnt be without it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

nezzam

nezzamSydney, NSW

Very Happy

This is my first Bosch purchase and I am very happy with it. It is unbelievably quiet to the point I sometimes open it to check that it is on. It cleans and dries really well. I love the option of the quick wash which only takes 29 minutes although it doesn't dry quite so well on that option but for a short wash I will cop that. I have found it cleans well but then I do rinse before I put things in. I think it works very well.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Willo

WilloAU

Great little unit

Purchased new as a replacement and have found this unit much quieter plus eaves dishes dry. I did find the compartment a tad smaller than expected but to counter that the filter system actually locks in place. Overall 100% improvement on my last unit
One thing to take into account when fitting is the anti flood connection as you will require around 200mm from tap to connect but not a huge problem

Date PurchasedJun 2017