MPN: SMS88TI01A

Work great - very quiet

Had the dishwasher a few weeks, it's used daily. Cleans the dishes well and is very quiet. The option to do half loads has been very handy. We did get the extended warranty to be safe but that is more of a pre-caution should there be any issues in the future. I would highly recommend this dishwasher - SMS88TI01A

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,339.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Hi Smashy,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI01A. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the machines half load programme. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Highly unreliable

This was a beautiful dishwasher but highly unreliable. Its heating element failed a month before warranty end and they had to order the part in, leaving us without a dishwasher for over 2 weeks. Then 2 months after its warranty ended its computer failed which was apparently a $500+ repair. I called Bosch but they basically said too bad so we binned it. I wouldn’t touch a Bosch appliance again.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Hi Kylie,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear of your issues with your Bosch dishwasher. We'd like to help, if email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH4512 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Hi I emailed you guys my mobile number about 6 weeks ago but never heard back.

Quiet and very effective

I have had this dishwasher since March of 2016 - it does an excellent job and is very easy to operate. The dishwasher is very quiet in operation compared to previous washers I have owned and there is no issues with running it in an open plan designed house or apartment. The materials used feel like they are of very high quality and the machine is solidly built. The internal wash drawers are great -they can be arranged in a number of formats to accomodate all sorts of dish sizes. There is a top drawer that is great for utensils and cutlery, as well as the ability to raise and lower the middle drawer so that big items can fit in. You can also remove the middle drawer and use the special attachment to wash extra large items that would not fit otherwise - the attachment ensures that the water is directed to clean the central area of the machine so the extra large items are washed properly. The external design is sleek and understated so it suits the kitchen context well. The control panel is located inside the door on the top edge and is easy to operate although the start button does not always respond when pressed. The led display on the front door is clear and easy to read. I am happy with this dishwasher and would definitely recommend it as a quiet and effective machine.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Hi Manu, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI01A dishwasher. We're glad to hear that you're happy with the machine's function and design. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Good quality dish washer

Our first dishwasher was quite easy to install. We have had it for 3 months and no problems so far. No leaks, drains well and no problems so far and we don't rinse our dishes before putting them in. Cleans well and I love the 44 min cycle as it cleans well but saves on water and power.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Karen Donnelly, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the machines performance and functionality. Thank you for sharing your experience with the appliance. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Upper arm hitting upper rack - Noise problem

I have bought 2 of these dishwashers based on the reviews on productreview and also recommended to my family and friends.
However, after using this dishwasher for 3 months I see two issues common in my dishwasher.

Upper arm hitting upper basket during cleaning cycle and make lot of noise. This happen with both of the dishwashers.

I understand that these dishwashers don't use heating element but drying is not satisfactory. sometimes when I pull out cutlery tray after ECO cycle it is full of water. i have raised the concern with Bosch Support and hope they will help me out.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Amit,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dishwasher. We'd recommend moving the middle basket up higher using the levers on the side, this should resolve your noise concerns. We'd recommend using rinse aid in the appliance to improve your drying results, if you're already using rinse aid you can increase the amount dispensed per cycle by following the instructions in the user manual. If we can be of any further help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Thank you for your reply. Middle basket already fixed up on the highest level. I will call Bosch customer support number. Thanks

One of the best decisions we’ve ever made!

It looks classy from the front, there’s no buttons for the kids to poke at (they’re all on the inside edge) and I absolutely LOVE the tray for cutlery. It’s insanely quiet, the only time I hear it running is when the water hits against something like the inside the frying pan.
I’m sure they recommend something really expensive for cleaning products, but I use Aldi brand tablets for the eco wash and the Aldi powder for the quick half hour washes, also use the Aldi brand rinse aid and found they work just the same.
It cleans really well, probably a 98% hit rate, it’s usually things I should’ve soaked that need a quick once over in the sink (or second round in the dishwasher if I’m feeling lazy!) plenty of room inside for us as a family of 4.
I have nothing but praise for this machine and highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Hi NikkiBikkie, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI01A dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you happy with the appliance and thank you for recommending Bosch. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Spotless cleaning and extremely quiet!

The most luxurious looking dishwasher I have ever seen! I love all the different settings and additional features it offers. I always use the extra dry option as it even dries all plastics and I never had an issue with glass cups either. I always scrape my dishes with a brush to avoid any scrapes clogging the dishwasher. I have been using this dishwasher for a couple of months now and I never had any issues with it. I usually put it on at night before we go to sleep and the noise never annoyed us. Installation was easy as we did it on our own. Definitely worth the money!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Rayes, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI01A dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Works well

We bought this to replace our 10 year old Bosch that broke. It had been a pretty good dishwasher so we just went the same brand again.
We installed ourselves and the installation manual was terrible. Luckily YouTube videos helped somewhat.
We have been using it for about a month now and are happy with it.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Row, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI01A dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Doesn’t disappoint. Clean perfectly every time

Very satisfied. This dishwasher cleans everything very well, runs the water to a very high temperature which dissolves all foodscraps and leaves dishes drier than most dishwashers. Runs very quietly, can hardly hear it.

Has a great feature where it shows the estimated cycle finish time which comes in handy. Only slight bugbear is the middle drawer doesn’t quite have the clearance to stack the majority of our glass tumblers on it as they bump against the cutlery drawer. Other than that very happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Michael, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're satisfied with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Super quiet!

This is a gem compared to my last dishwasher. The option to lower or raise the upper basket is fantastic. It’s so quiet & I mean QUIET! The only 2 things that I have to say against it is wine glasses have trouble standing & the cutlery wash tray up top is useless if you have the machine on an economical setting,but putting those two silly things aside it is outstanding!! Cleaning on the outside is a breeze.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi Very Happy, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI01A dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the peace and quiet. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Bosch SMS88TI01A

When I apply different settings, I am satisfied with the features/controls and their performance of this product
I will filter the cutlery before I put it in the dishwasher, lest the residue clog up
rarely clog, because I will filter with water beforehand, even if there is a blockage can be removed to clean

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Hi mc787954, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're satisfied with the performance of the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Reasonable-ish Cleaning and Drying Performance, Lots of Features and Quiet!

Dishwasher itself like most dishwashers doesn't clean amazingly, even using Finish Quantum on the 45-65 degree auto cycle doesn't get stains out of our dishes sometimes and the stains are fresh and not burnt on however this is an occasional occurrence and dishwasher generally cleans okay, drying performance of dishwasher is sub par with dishes sometimes coming out wet after a cycle, despite having a rinse aid dispenser level of 6. The machine has a slew of desirable features including a Half Load option, Vario speed to complete a cycle quicker and extra dry as well as sanitisation options, machine is also very quiet which makes it ideal to operate at night. I can recommend this machine to people who need day to day general cleaning needs and to people who cook but not extensively. I would have to possibly recommend going for a more higher end appliance of likes of something Like Miele as the build quality and performance will be slightly better, overall the machine is reasonable enough for me and probably for anyone other person.

Purchased in July 2018 at Appliances Online for $1,599.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Hi Matthew D, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the feedback about your dishwasher. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Good product

I am very happy with my new Bosch dishwasher. Great product, no complaints. works very quietly and does a great job. i would highly recommend this product. Energy efficient and takes very less water. No extra burden on those bills. Interior of the dishwasher is spacious and fits large bowls and plates.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Harsh Gupta, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

So quiet and reliable

You cant hear the bosch dishwasher running. We purchased bc of brand. White colour. Child lock and price. Purchased online from appliances online with free delivery. Never had any problems. Tells you how many minutes till it finished on a countdown. . 1 button start. Helped sell our house too.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Yarna, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Pleasantly Surprised - Highly Recommended!

I have read and compared a dozen or so dishwashers. In the end, this unit had THE best reviews. So many positive reviews, I thought it was either: (a) a really good unit; or (b) Bosch hired a lot of fake customers. : D

I went into Good Guys and had a look in person. My immediate impression of the unit was little disappointing. The silver strip front facia that runs along behind the black display screen is made of plastic and looks cheap. The rest of the front facia is stainless steel. The deal the Good Guys had was attractive enough to bought it. I paid, $1,263 inclusive of GST, plus delivery and installation.

I started off using the 'Quick' cycle that takes 45min. I figured when the plates and bowls come out not fully cleaned, I will switch to a longer cycle. After more than 1 month of usage, I am still using the 'Quick' cycle.

As others have stated, this unit is very quiet. The tap turning on and off made more noise than the unit operating normally.

If you are installing the unit yourself please read - this unit came with anti-flooding water hose. It is not just a flexi hose, but it comes with a hard plastic device attached to the end of the hose that cannot be bent. So, if your tap under the sink is too close to the dishwasher cabinet, your tap may need to be relocated. The anti-flooding device needs about 200mm of space coming straight out of the tap.

I am very impressed and I highly recommend this unit to anyone looking to purchase a new dishwasher.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi iReview, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI01A dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're impressed with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Thanks Bosch! I hope I never have to call that number but good to know.

A very good purchase indeed

It you are going to buy a dishwasher, this would be our recommendation. It is fast, efficient, quiet and the dishes come out very clean. Love the level of flexibility with the drawers. Took a while to get used to the top cutlery drawer but now would not have it any other way as it leaves so much more room in the bottom to fit those big pots and pans. Great purchase and highly recommend this product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Hi Marie, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're happy with your purchase. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

We’re in love.

It’s safe to say that we love this dishwasher! The dishes always come out clean and we can hardly even hear it running, we put it on over night and sleep right through it. We got this at a really good price and couldn’t be happier. Would recommend this dishwasher to others.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Hi Jamma, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're loving the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Happy with my purchase.

Overall I’m happy with the performance of the dishwasher. It washes and drys the dishers well.
I am however really disappointed that it doesn’t have a remaining time countdown. There is a red light indicator that is visible on the floor on the bottom right of the machine, but seems a little useless, as you can still hear the machine going.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Selinda, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great dishwasher

We have had this for a couple of months after our Miele died (after 6 years) and are very happy with it.Its quiet,everything comes out clean,it has quick cycles and was a great price.Its not as big inside as the Miele and I’m not a massive fan of the cutlery drawer as with a big family I struggle to fit all the cutlery in but it does come with a basket too.overall very happy with this dishwasher.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Danikc, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS80TI01AU dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Well Priced and does its job

Well priced hence good value. Looks good with the stainless front. Washes OK but often leaves food stuck on plates. Is reasonably quiet. Seems to use a lot of rinse-aid. Only really use the short wash as the long wash is way to long. Easy to keep clean has scratched a few glasses.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Hi Brad Mc, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

See all Bosch Serie 8 SMS88TI01A / SMS88TI04A reviews

Just purchased a series 8 Bosch dishwasher - the manual says they are pre-set to English in the factory - mine is in Deutch (German) and try as I may I cannot set it to English - I have tried to follow the manual to do this, talked by phone on the Bosch helpline, phoned a sales rep at the store which we bought it from - all to no avail!!! We live 100 mile from the city where we purchased it so cant just "pop" back in there to find an answer. I am most frustrated and hope some one has a simple, easy way of switching to English displays. I have run it through one cycle by going to the computer to the translate section and every time a German instruction came up, had it translated to English - but this a very slow way of doing things and not a good solution. Kind regards - "Jeanie".
Hello Jeanie, We recently purchased the same machine in Dec 2018. It is an excellent dishwasher. This must be frustrating for you. Here is my suggestion. Please follow my steps and report back so everyone can see if it worked or not. 1. Power off the dishwasher at the power source/plug. Power it back on. 2. Open the door > press on/off > press the 'I' for info symbol (next to the display) for 3 seconds 3. Use the > symbol (to the right of the display) to scroll right until you see 'Language' appear on the display. 4. Use the + or - symbol (also to the right of the display) to scroll until you see English appear on the display 5. Hit the 'I' symbol for 3 seconds again > Bob's yer uncle! Whilst Google is everyone's friend, translating from German to English on each wash cycle isn't the best way to enjoy this dishwasher! ;-) Remember, report back. PS: Bosch Australia - what are you doing? This is top line item and you should be doing cartwheels and handstands to solve this for Jeanie, not relying on her posting for help online.Thank you very much - I am away from home (and the dishwasher) until Tuesday, so cannot put your advice into action until then. However your information sounds pretty much word for word as to what was in the manual and what I have tried to do - using that technique lets me alter the time but not the language. Anyway once I am home I will try again and let you know the outcome. Thanks again and kind regards - Jeanie.Hello Winco, Home again and I have followed your instructions to no avail. As I said earlier, that is what is in my manual and it works for the clock/time but it will not do the same for “language”, in fact no word remotely like ‘language’ is shown in the display window - I checked with translator as to what should come up in German. I am at a loss as to what to do - living so far away makes it very difficult, no technician is any where near and to have to pack it up and take it back to the store where we purchased it, is not an easy task either. Thanks for trying to help - kind regards - Jeanie.

What’s the price?
Currently $1,385 at The Good Guys and $1,599 at JB HiFi.

Should I buy LG comparable model XD5B14WH or this one?

Price (RRP) $2099