Braun Series 3 3010s

3.0

gnmaier

gnmaier

Glad I bought this shaver

I haven't used an electric shaver in 40 years, but now that I am retired I thought I'd give it a go again.
    I paid $79 at the Goodguys in Mandurah.
    If you expect a quick shave that's as close as a razor then you'll be disappointed, but this shaver is really convenient and the result you get is OK shaving dry, and excellent with a wet shave using foam. It just saves so much time. I can sit watching TV and shave - no mess and the result is fine.

Really glad I bought it.

Trevor S

Trevor SAU

Below average

After attempting the 3 head Philips in my tween years -the late 80's /early 90's I gave up with electrics and started using grandfathers manual razor techniques (which were perfect) except for the time it took to shave. I then purchased a Wahl trimmer which worked perfectly as well, except it didn't have the close shave. So I bought this shaver and it was pretty much useless. If it cut, then it would cut well but after an hour I was still left with patches. As guessed due to hygiene reasons bing lee Epping could not take it back (I understand the blade hygiene reason, but the rest of it was in top condition)

Cassie1980NSW, 2068

Rick

RickBusselton WA

Bad

My third Braun.
    Others have been good but this model gives very poor results and simply does not shave close enough.
    I also find patches of longer facial hair which remain, even after spending several minutes shaving.
    I wish I could return it.
    Do not buy!

Rhonda P

Rhonda Pasked

Series 3 3010s

my son said it is not shaving he has tried but hair remains?????

Suez777
    Suez777

Sadly there's no solution. It's an extremely, badly-made, inferior device.
    NOTHING you do or don't do can fix it. All I can suggest is get in quick (before your return/refund period expires) and see if you can get your money back.
    In several decades of being a buyer and consumer I'd have to say this device comes in at the top of my list for "Worst Purchase Ever".

Richard
    Richard

This is truly baffling. I have been using this shaver for several months and it is perfectly fine. Indeed, if you see hundreds of reviews everywhere everybody is happy. Perhaps it needs a bit of cleaning. Just remove the foil/cutter cassette, wash it in hot water and then reattach. Is there a visible vibration when you remove the cutter cassette? If not, there might be some damage and you should contact your supplier.

Ivan K

Ivan Kasked

Series 3 3010s

Do the cutting elements have to be replaced and if so how often with daily use? Any ideas?

Cassie1980

Hi Ivan, I'm not sure. I've only had the shaver for about 6 weeks now so it's too early to tell. I don't recall the manual mentioning anything about replacing the cutting elements.

Regards,