Braun MultiQuick 9 MQ 9087X

Braun MultiQuick 9 MQ 9087X

MPN: MQ9087X

Good Stick Blender

Have only used this a handful of times in the last five months but so far so good. Haven't been able to use all the attachments yet but after reading some reviews below I will have to experiment more. The stick blender is very good quality and works superbly. The safety button on the top is a big bonus. I have used the small chopper, whisk and puree attachments. All good. Last night I used the large food processing attachment bowl to make pesto. Unfortunately it just didn't make it fine enough, so I decided to transfer the mixture to a bowl and just use the stick blender which worked totally fine. The blender pulls apart easy and is easy to store, however with so many attachments it can need a lot of space in the end. My only downside to this blender is that some of the plastic attachments are very flimsy and delicate. I dropped the lid of the small chopper from my hands onto my bench and it already snapped and broke. Luckily I can still use the lid but it doesn't clip on anymore. All in all I am very happy with my choice and feel it is good quality for the price.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $189.00.

Love it

I only bought this a week ago...so cannot comment on longevity, but with a 2 yr guarantee that’s not a big issue . I can however say that as a blender it works just as well as my nutribullet rx....and that works extremely well. I like the Braun because you don’t have to add liquid to smoothies if you don’t want to...or work madly with a tamper to make nut butters. It also saves with the washing up....I haven’t tried some things yet...but all the slicing and grating functions work well, as does the little chopper. You hardly have to move the blending stick, as it seems to pull the food into the blades...this is great because you can use it in non stick pots without touching and damaging the surface. The locking button on the top is super...no more accidental starts and splatters. I was reading in one review where the user couldn’t activate the unlock and nor could the store....I wonder if anyone thought to remove the red plastic strip that stops the button from activating ?.the instructions don’t tell you about it and it looks like part of the handle. Took me a minute to discover that. I got it on special ...so the cost was reasonable too. So far I am very happy with my purchase.

Purchased in May 2019 at Heathcotes new zealand.

Safety

I can’t live without this now!

This machine is so compact to store. That was my biggest issue is my limited space. This machine breaks apart easy. Chops well has a larger bowl and a smaller one. I use it daily more than once. I make whip cream and things - so many handy attachments. And washes well. Can handle for sauces in the food processor. Love it.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman for $199.00.

Safety

I use it daily but it has lost some of its power

Use it only a daily basis to make baby food and blend protein shakes. But over the years it has lost some of its power and I am not even sure if the warranty covers it. It also really can't kneed bread as advertised. The blender has also started making a rattling noise.

Purchased in June 2017 at David Jones Retail Stores.

Use it all the time!

I have never had a reason to regret buying this blender. It is very versatile, and I use it very often. The small chopper is great for chopping up one or two things. The larger chopper for slicing multiple things at once, coarse or fine it takes seconds and is easy.
The active blade chops everything fine and smooth, not as much as a nutribullet for instance but for a hand blender it's fantastic. I've used this to make soups, smoothies every morning and guacamole. The motor is powerful and it is easy to control the speed. The only time it lacked power was when we tried to make a meringue. I've never had it overheat even after 10 minutes of continuous use.
There can be times where if either of the food processors are overfilled that the food doesn't process properly, leaving some food finely chopped and others still in large pieces.
The safety button on the handle makes it difficult to accidentally turn on so no need to worry about accidentally hurting yourself.
Overall, there may be one or two issues, but given that it's a single appliance that can do so many things (I haven't mentioned all of the applications) I am very pleased with the blender.

Purchased in June 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $182.00.

Safety

Good but not a replacement for my food processor

This product is an excellent hand blender and a good food processor. I bought it with the intention of using it not only as a hand-held blender but also as a food processor so I could give away my (old but still excellent) Braun CombiMax 650 food processor. While the Multiquick 9 works well as a food processor, I have decided to keep my 15-or-so year old food processor as it is considerably more convenient to use than the Multiquick 9. For example, you have to hold down the operating button on the Multiquick 9 whereas the CombiMax 650 is standalone, like all food processors. The bowl capacity of the Multiquick 9 is a generous 1.5 litres - a bit smaller than the CombiMax 650's 2 litres. The Multiquick 9 comes with many accessories to do any type of chopping, slicing, grating etc. It also has a small bowl for smaller quantities such as herbs. Of course, it also operates extremely well as a hand-held blender, with chopper, whisk and puree accessories. You can use it at varying speeds, both as a blender and as a food processor.

Overall, this is a very versatile product that performs perfectly in what it is designed to do. If you are looking at buying both a hand-held blender and a food processor, you should consider buying this as a product to do both functions. However, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it if your main objective is just to have a versatile food processor, since a dedicated food processor is probably a better option.

Decent quality and most attachments work

Bought this to replace our previous stick blender that had given up.
Noticeable power difference between this and the previous blender (this is much better). The variable speed switch is also really smooth and much better than our old stick blender.

Bought this one based on motor power and main stick looked like decent quality.
Wasn't expecting much from the attachments but most actually work ok - although some are a little gimmicky, (like the one that supposedly makes chips).
The whisk and potato masher are good.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

I can't cook without this.

I really enjoy using this blender. It does everything I need without having to store a bunch of huge appliances. The motor is powerful enough. I use it to make cream soups, smoothies, cocktails, chicken mince, chicken pate and even biscuit dough. This is a great product it really does it all and I highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Best kitchen tool

I chose this as part of my registry not knowing much about the product but I’m so glad I chose it and that I could’ve avoided some other alliances had I known how many functions this hand mixed performs so well.

Highly recommended and would choose this over any other mixer any day.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Easy handling, does the job well, love the chopper

Was going for the multi quick 7, instead bought the 9. The additional smaller chopper is well worth it. Motor is very good, chops, blends, mixes and slice/dices fast. You have full control of the speed.
very easy to clean. Plus the equipment isn't as big as a food processor so its easy to store. Haven't used the wisk.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Excellent stick blender

I needed and new Stick blender and after some research I decided to buy the Braun Multiquick 9. I really like how easy it is to operate, the safety switch is a bit annoying but not a problem. It works well and with all the accessories it came with so I hardly use my food processor now.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Handle with Ease. Looks good too.

Had to finally update my stick mixer. After a lot of searching this was perfect for me. The ease of releasing the motor to attach to new connector was a breeze. You only need your thumb and first finger to release. Most appliances you need to fully press to release, this is so simple. There are your standard attachments plus the extra chopper container. What is also an ingenious idea, is how most stick blenders are solid. The Braun has designed this model to push down ad elevate. It’s like an airing motion when chopping your ingredients. If you are able to physically see, you can see how the stick presses down. Love the ease of the potato masher, there is no splatter everywhere. Like all appliances, you need to be aware of how you handle them. There is no reason to use the masher or choppers on angles. I see this done and also see how splatter takes effect, besides it being dangerous. This may sound silly, but people do make stupid errors. As per usual chops extremely well, just no reason for overloading. As lovely and useful this appliance is, it could have done with storage compartment to have all pieces encased when not in use. Have seen different item that has a storage case. Overall, am happy with purchase and do stress the easy release to change to attachments. Highly recommend though pricey. Do shop around for price deals.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

My Worst Buy This Year

Aside from how cheap and flimsy all the attachments are, we couldn't even get it to work. Has an annoying Safety Switch that would not disable for use despite following the directions. Looked at the Braun website but no help. Took it back within an hour and David Jones staff refunded immediately (and couldn't get it to work either). Bought a Kenwood at half the price and it doesn't need a doctorate to be used.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Excellent stick blender. ( food processor, an aside)

Excellent stand alone stick blender. non splashing and minimum suction. Safety button and i like the adjustable speed. Super smooth everything. Little chopper excellent grinding nuts and oats into meal. I rate 4 instead of 5 stars for disappointment in (non)"active blade"("active" only if you press down with pressure); and basic tumbler ( better beakers in cheaper models), and food processor small chute, and julienne doesn't julienne(it grates) (doesnt, "french fries", rather a bendy chip(which i prefer)). Disappointing 150 page booklet, 95% non english and only 6 recipes.( I download Sunbeams blender recipes( thanks Sunbeam!). Is double price of ordinary stick mixer, but has 2 year warranty. Paid $199.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Very handy in the kitchen

I use this for a wide range of things from a quick easy cake mix to chopping up ingredients for a quiche to whipping cream.
Im happy with the motor performance.
I am yet to use the chipper attachment
I really hate that you have to press the lock button every time you pause to reuse again
Good idea the harder you press the button the faster it mixes etc.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Glad I purchased this..

I have been putting of buying a stick blender as I had one ages ago and it was so crap. Needed to blend something another day and I was stuck so decided to go into Bing Lee and get one. I am sooo glad I did! It is honestly worth the money. I have tried everything except the masher.. the food processors are the perfect size for small jobs - hate taking my big one out for a handful of nuts!! I am very impressed and would honestly recommend if you have been putting it of like myself don't anymore. Go and get one!! (Can't comment on durability because I just bought it but I'm hoping it will last!)

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Replaced three appliances with this, very glad.

Well, I had put off replacing three functioning appliances; a stick blender, a cheapest food processor and a mortar and pestle. Yes, I know, mortar and pestle not an appliance. I finally gifted them to others and was free to purchase something else.
I researched lots on YouTube and other product review sites and I chose the Braun MultQuick 9 for the following reasons:
I wanted to save space, I am over having 10 electrical appliances taking up cupboard space when I haven't used them much in a decade.
I wanted one to do as many functions as possible without compromising anything (not too big, reliable, warranty, able to properly do what I need)
I had 7 brands to compare, one not available in Australia , but the Braun 9 came up trumps. I resisted going for the other brand which is so popular to say you have a....the reason? It had a motor with one third of the power....the Braun is the best in this regard.
The Braun has, like a few others, stainless steel parts, plus some plastic. It was also the same price, as the others and in fact cheaper than one I didn't like. $199.
Tried it out the day after I got it. Works perfectly. Made hummus, whipped egg whites.
Very pleased. It also has two different bowls, one is a really useful size.
Just remember, the plastic is not dishwasher proof.
David Jones price matched a competitor who had it 2
$25 cheaper. Yay.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Very useful tool in the kitchen.

My husband uses it everyday for his breakfast smoothie and love it, he also uses this to make is mayonnaise.
It is a powerful and versatile tool, we use both food processors (small and big) it actually does everything we want and this is probably the kitchen tool we use the most.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

What a waste of over $200.

It has everything I thought I needed but just fails miserably in delivering the goods.
Pros. 350ml chopping bowl works. Blender shaft works.
Cons. My gullibility. How I thought it could make French fries, mash potato, slice and dice is beyond me.
Another seven words would be wasted........I can't see any difference to a $50 alternative stick mixer.
ps. I don't recommend using kumera or pumpkin anywhere near the white components, they don't stay white, go figure?

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Just purchased this kit and about to wash it. To me it looks like there is something missing on the 350ml chopper container where the white drive piece goes through the top black lid. It’s very loose and looks like it would just be plastic on plastic so won’t last long. Are the all the same?
I noticed the same thing recently. And there is a little bit of wear, but nothing significant. I've had my blender for a year now and there isn't any leaking through here. But in short, yes, they are the same.Thanks Kelly RIt's supposed to be loose. However, when you attach the drive motor, the white drive shaft of the chopper is held in place firmly and works fine. It's not a fault or an indication of something missing. It works fine for me. For example, I recently chopped whole macadamia nuts (shelled of course!) with no problem.

Can I blend frozen fruit, like Banana and berries, for smoothies and sorbet? Does it have a kneading hook? The later because the Braun site says yes, but I can't find any other reference. Thanks, Sandie
Hi Sandie. Thanks for your question. Regarding frozen fruit, I can't see anything in the instruction booklet about this. Under 'chopper accessory', the instructions say it is 'perfectly suited for chopping meat, hard cheese, ...... and nuts'. Based on that, it seems that frozen fruit should be ok but it doesn't specifically say so. It does say not to use the accessory on 'extremely hard foods such as unshelled nuts, ice cubes, coffee beans, grains, or hard spices such as nutmeg'. I would assume from all of this that if the frozen fruit is softer than ice cubes, it should be ok to chop, particularly if it is mixed with liquids such as milk or yoghurt. Regarding the kneading hook, yes, there is one. It is like a chopping blade but made of plastic. According to the instructions, the kneading hook is 'ideal for kneading different dough types such as yeast or pastry'. Cheers, Jon

Can I use to whisk egg whites for pavlova? Can I use for cake mix?
I've tried making a meringue with the whisk attachment and after 10 minutes of whisking it didn't take, peaks weren't forming as strongly as they needed to. We had to get the hand mixer out to finish it off. For a cake mix I've used the kneading attachment and it worked quite well.

MultiQuick 9 MQ 9087X