Braun Series 7

790CC-4, 760CC-7, 790CC-3, etc... (See All)
See the Best Men's Electric Shavers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Braun Grooming? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

Gives a close, comfortable shave
Easy to clean
Great battery life

Cons

Blades dull quickly

• Causes Irritation Yes (2) · No (20)
  • Caused Razor BurnYes (1) · No (21)
  • Shave Closeness
  • Battery Life
  • Wet Shave
  • Dry Shave
bt1531951NSW, 2731
  • Top Review

Excellent shaver highly recommend

Ok coming from Phillips 9000 so a different shaver altogether. This is nice and light and smaller, but that makes it easy to use. Gives a nice close shave, no shaver burn or rash. Easy to clean , just turn it on using battery power and place it under hot water tap. The replacement head and foil should be replaced at 18 month intervals and they are reasonably priced which was a major factor in me purchasing this model. A lot of manufacturers make excellent shavers but then charge up to half the purchase price for heads and cutters etc. This comes with charge cord, soft pouch, manual and a small bottle of oil. I would have liked a hard travel pouch and plastic head protector included It is a wet & dry shaver

Doug
DougHunter Region, NSW
  • Top Review

Why bother? waste of time and money.

Purchased in at Shaver Shop Online store for $549.

HelenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Electric at last

My husbands words: This is the first electric razor I've used in all my long years. I bought it because I'm not as steady as I used to be and kept nicking myself. I don't know why I waited so long. The Braun 7 wasn't the most expensive way to go but it has all the features I was after and a good travel case. I use it nearly every day and find it great; not as close as a manual shaver but at my age that's not really important. There's not much maintenance to be done, it's quick and convenient and I haven't got any nicks.

Purchased in at Shaver Shop for $189.

The worst electric shaver I have ever used

If it was a good shave, it wouldn't matter. I scarcely use it at all any more because it is such a bad shave. The small companion shaver that accompanied the main shaver works much better.

Purchased in for $300.

SAGAMSydney, NSW

Frustrating to use as shaver head keeps coming off while shaving….

A present for Christmas and to replace my old Braun is just as frustrting to use as the old one but even worse.
I want a really close shave and do so dry (not in the shower) but the head keeps coming off while using it causing a mess and sometimes minor cuts.
The locking mechinisum that holds the shaving head blades assembly to the body is unable to overcome the friction while shaving and comes off.

SAGAM

Shaver returned to Braun and received a full refund after a long processing time.

Sandy age 70
Sandy age 70South East Queensland, QLD

Worst shaver I've used

This Braun series 7 is the most expensive and WORST shaver I've ever used. You have to go over the same spot 10 times just to get it to cut and if you use the trimmer, you have to pull the head off and click the trimmer onto the top of the shaver........expensive rubbish in my book !!!!!!!

Purchased in at Shaver Shop for $200.

Rick
RickBusselton WA

Questionable

Shaves well.
Have to remove shaver head and replace with comb for long hairs.
My old model just required the click of a switch so this is a backward step.
Instruction book is impossible to follow.
Power cord is not universal with other Braun shavers, but connector is identical so this is potentially dangerous as the wrong power cord might be accidentally used.
Overall I do not like this model as much as previous models

JNodarSydney, NSW

A great shave

My first Braun after being a faithful customer of another brand for many years. The shaver has an excellent cut even around the curvature of your face. The charge holds extremely well (over 1-month) and I use it every day and sometimes twice a day some days. Easy to clean. Great to take on trips - easy hard case for protection.

Purchased in at Costco NSW, Casula for $200.

bt1531951NSW, 2731

Excellent shaver highly recommend

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
patricia
patricia

Braun series 7

Received braun series 7 shaver for xmas I believe this is earlier series 7 absolute rubbish do not purchase have gone back to my old phillips shaver I will never buy a braun overpriced under achieving razor again

Purchased in for $199.

shan
shanCronulla

Very impressed - would recommend

Robert
RobertSydney, NSW

Close comfortable shave. I'm really impressed

I've been a Philishave user for years but I found my current 7 series (S7310 purchased 1.5 years ago) simply didn't provide a close shave. Yesterday I decided to buy a Braun. It's brilliant in terms of providing a smooth, close shave without any irritation as I have sensitive skin. It charged up quickly, and it's comfortable to use. What I also like is it's easier to clean then the Philishave which has a complicated cutter removal system. The salesperson recommended the Braun on the basis of it's powerful motor. I'm really pleased with my purchase decision.

Purchased in at Shaver Shop Physical store for $195.

Paul
PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

worse electric shaver

bought 7720s a year ago at shaver shop at Garden city ,worse electric shaver I have had , doesn't cut properly battery doesn't fully charge. Wish I could get my money back ,going back to Philips

Purchased in at Shaver Shop for $199.

Doug
DougHunter Region, NSW

Why bother? waste of time and money.

Purchased in at Shaver Shop Online store for $549.

Marty B.
Marty B.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Underwhelming!

Replaced my old shaver (Braun 8595) that had failed me after 10+ years. This shaver takes about 4x longer to do the same job as my old shaver. Don't buy!

Purchased in at Shaver Shop Online store.

Garbage and waste of money

This would be the worst shaver on the market and terrible product support. After 10-15 minutes of shaving it doesn't even touch the stubble. Tried to return it after 4 weeks of use and was told to buy another foil ???

Purchased in at Shaver Shop Online store for $500.

Kim H
Kim HPerth, WA

Rubbish - drops stubble everywhere

This shaver is terrible - makes an absolute mess every time, its bad the first time after cleaning but if you use it again without cleaning - WOW, stubble all over your shirt, the basin and bench. cant walk around while shaving, have to awkwardly lean over the basin to try to catch most of the mess. its clear the way the head fits the body it is a design fault, hard to see how the stubble could be contained, watching it fall in the reflection of the mirror - its like rain. previous shavers never had this problem. The shave quality is not bad, and battery life is good but when the blade is blunt its in the bin, wont bother replacing it.

Purchased in at Shaver Shop Physical store for $199.

Martin Abramsasked
Series 7

The "lock" switch on the side comes off. I don't care that the razor doesn't lock but I still want to lock switch to stay there. Almost every time it falls off. How can I repair this?

Helen

Sorry Martin, I can't help you with an answer to this problem. There's been no problem with the one we have. Have you tried contacting Braun and ask them?

Martin Abrams

I haven't tried yet. I live in Japan so sometimes it is difficult to get help.
Maybe I'll try general.
Cheeers.

ramin n.
ramin n.asked
Series 7

What was the first release of the product braun 740s?

JNodar

yes I believe so - it is still running just fine.

JOE
JOEasked

how often should I oil the head? Thanks

JNodar

Hi Joe - only do it once a week - a quick run under the water and then I wait about 30 minutes for the water to dry and then I use a spray oil. Seems to help so far. Hoping this helps.

bt1531951

I shave most days and oil the head once or twice a week. It only needs a a few drops and gives a smoother shave. I use Korbond Sewing Oil from Safeway. 60ml bottle about $6
Cheers

Features:

• The Braun Series 7 shaver is 100% waterproof, so it can be used wet and dry, with gel or foam.
  • The epilator has a 360° flexible head, letting you achieve a smooth shave even on trickier uneven surfaces.
  • A powerful lithium-ion battery offers 50 minutes of shaving after a 1 hour full charge, as well as a 5 minute quick charge so you can get enough battery for the day’s shave.
  • Braun’s AutoSense Technology enables the device to adapt its power level to the beard density it detects, allowing for a smooth shave regardless of what kind of beard you have.
  • You can easily switch out the head of the shaver for a variety of different accessories, including a beard trimmer, a precision trimmer, a stubble, a body groomer, and a cleansing brush.

Points of praise:

• Many reviewers found that the shaver consistently gave them a close, comfortable shave.
  • They also found that the personal groomer was easy to clean.
  • According to reviewers, the battery life of the device is great. Reviewers noted that it charged quickly, and had plenty of use from a full charge.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers said that the replacement blades of the shaver dulled quickly. They said that this meant the shaver wasn’t very cost-effective.
Compare all 15 Braun Series 7
Braun 7899CC
  • Discontinued

Braun 7899CC

2.3
Braun 7865CC
  • Discontinued

Braun 7865CC

CategoryMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric Shavers
Price (RRP) $499.00$449.00
Wet / Dry UseBoth Wet & Dry UseBoth Wet & Dry Use
WaterproofYesYes
Charging Time1 hours
Universal voltage YesYes
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release date