Braun Series 7

790CC-4, 760CC-7, 790CC-3, etc...
See the Best Men's Electric Shavers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Braun Grooming? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Gives a close, comfortable shave

• Easy to clean

• Great battery life

Cons

• Blades dull quickly

• Causes Irritation Yes (1) · No (14)
  • Caused Razor BurnYes (0) · No (15)
  • Shave Closeness
  • Battery Life
  • Wet Shave
  • Dry Shave
patricia
patricia

Braun series 7

Received braun series 7 shaver for xmas I believe this is earlier series 7 absolute rubbish do not purchase have gone back to my old phillips shaver I will never buy a braun overpriced under achieving razor again

Purchased in November 2020 for $199.00.

shan
shanCronulla

Very impressed - would recommend

Purchased in May 2021.

Robert
RobertSydney, NSW

Close comfortable shave. I'm really impressed

I've been a Philishave user for years but I found my current 7 series (S7310 purchased 1.5 years ago) simply didn't provide a close shave. Yesterday I decided to buy a Braun. It's brilliant in terms of providing a smooth, close shave without any irritation as I have sensitive skin. It charged up quickly, and it's comfortable to use. What I also like is it's easier to clean then the Philishave which has a complicated cutter removal system. The salesperson recommended the Braun on the basis of it's powerful motor. I'm really pleased with my purchase decision.

Purchased in December 2020 at Shaver Shop Physical store for $195.00.

Paul
PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

worse electric shaver

bought 7720s a year ago at shaver shop at Garden city ,worse electric shaver I have had , doesn't cut properly battery doesn't fully charge. Wish I could get my money back ,going back to Philips

Purchased in October 2019 at Shaver Shop for $199.00.

Doug
DougHunter Region, NSW

Why bother? waste of time and money.

Purchased in August 2020 at Shaver Shop Online store for $549.00.

Marty B.
Marty B.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Underwhelming!

Replaced my old shaver (Braun 8595) that had failed me after 10+ years. This shaver takes about 4x longer to do the same job as my old shaver. Don't buy!

Purchased in July 2020 at Shaver Shop Online store.

Garbage and waste of money

This would be the worst shaver on the market and terrible product support. After 10-15 minutes of shaving it doesn't even touch the stubble. Tried to return it after 4 weeks of use and was told to buy another foil ???

Purchased in December 2019 at Shaver Shop Online store for $500.00.

Kim H
Kim HPerth, WA

Rubbish - drops stubble everywhere

This shaver is terrible - makes an absolute mess every time, its bad the first time after cleaning but if you use it again without cleaning - WOW, stubble all over your shirt, the basin and bench. cant walk around while shaving, have to awkwardly lean over the basin to try to catch most of the mess. its clear the way the head fits the body it is a design fault, hard to see how the stubble could be contained, watching it fall in the reflection of the mirror - its like rain. previous shavers never had this problem. The shave quality is not bad, and battery life is good but when the blade is blunt its in the bin, wont bother replacing it.

Purchased in December 2019 at Shaver Shop Physical store for $199.00.

Navman
NavmanSydney

Very happy with the product, performance and overall purchase

Purchased in December 2019 at Shaver Shop Physical store.

burn1
burn1AU

Cutting blade is cheap steel

I've persisted with this shaver for far too long. Shaver is generally good but the replacement blades (same on all series 7) feel like a cheaply sharpened knife and are blunt in no time. Even the lady in Shavershop asked my opinion when I forked out $55 for new blades. She said that many men were only getting 3mths of sharpness from blades instead of 18mths. Everything else is good but going to give up on this shaver.

Purchased at Shaver Shop for $299.00.

FrodoBaggins
FrodoBagginsHunter Region, NSW

Best shaver I ever had

Purchased in January 2016.

Mr Smith
Mr SmithMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Used most days without fail

Have been using this most days before work for about a year now. It has not failed me at all. The battery life is very good. The shave is nice and close without any irritation. It sits well in the hand and is comfortable to use. The price is a little steep for a shaver though.

Purchased in August 2018 at Shaver Shop.

shah
shah

Excellent shaver

I am using Braun series 7000 for almost 10 years and I love it
easy to use, reasonable charging time
easy to carry when you are traveling
easy to clean, I bought the first one in 2010 (my brother using that one now) and I have another two of them
7840s/720s-4
The cassette foil needs to replace every 2 years but
Braun recommending 18 months (a little bit expensive) but it depends on your personal usage
just try to buy the genuine one and try use recommended oil to keep it clean and sharp
I tried the newer Model 9000 series and unfortunately did not work for me and I decided to stick to my old one
No regret
I am absolutely recommending this shaver

Purchased at shavershop for $265.00.

chuck48
chuck48AU

The real deal !

Purchased at on line for $179.00.

Costas S
Costas SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very close shave and efficient.

I was coming from a Phillip's Speed XL model.
In comparison the Braun is a much closer shave, very close to a razor shave. Its pretty efficient too with fewer pass overs required.
The unit is solidly built and cleans easily, either with water or the included brush. It has variable settings for sensitivity, and also shows the charge level via some LEDs on the front. I read many highly positive reviews on the 7 series German made model and its lived up to the hype.
Wet or dry shaver.

Purchased in May 2019 at Toby Deals for $172.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Eric B
Eric Basked
Series 7

The battery on my series 7 beaun will not hold its chage. It is about 10-12 years old. Can i get the battery replaced?

capt h
capt hasked
720S-7

were can I buy another one. best razor I have ever used?

Charles B.
Charles B.asked
7840s

What battery is a used in a 7840 S ?

Ken G.
Ken G.

They use an installed Lithium battery that in my experience will last for years. It is rechargeable and done so through the Clean and Renew unit or the power cord, depending on the model. I have yet to have a battery fail and I generally keep my Braun razors 8-10 years between upgrades.

Features:

• The Braun Series 7 shaver is 100% waterproof, so it can be used wet and dry, with gel or foam.
  • The epilator has a 360° flexible head, letting you achieve a smooth shave even on trickier uneven surfaces.
  • A powerful lithium-ion battery offers 50 minutes of shaving after a 1 hour full charge, as well as a 5 minute quick charge so you can get enough battery for the day’s shave.
  • Braun’s AutoSense Technology enables the device to adapt its power level to the beard density it detects, allowing for a smooth shave regardless of what kind of beard you have.
  • You can easily switch out the head of the shaver for a variety of different accessories, including a beard trimmer, a precision trimmer, a stubble, a body groomer, and a cleansing brush.

Points of praise:

• Many reviewers found that the shaver consistently gave them a close, comfortable shave.
  • They also found that the personal groomer was easy to clean.
  • According to reviewers, the battery life of the device is great. Reviewers noted that it charged quickly, and had plenty of use from a full charge.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers said that the replacement blades of the shaver dulled quickly. They said that this meant the shaver wasn’t very cost-effective.
Compare all 15 Braun Series 7
Braun 7899CC
  • Discontinued

Braun 7899CC

2.3
Braun 7865CC
  • Discontinued

Braun 7865CC

CategoryMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric Shavers
Price (RRP) $499.00$449.00
Wet / Dry UseBoth Wet & Dry UseBoth Wet & Dry Use
WaterproofYesYes
Charging Time1 hours
Universal voltage YesYes
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateSept 2011Sept 2011