See the Best Men's Electric Shavers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

gamer347

gamer347New South Wales

Failed after 1 year.

Used shaver daily for over a year. It does an okay job. I have used much cheaper shavers and gotten the same results.

It is ok to travel with if you have the space due to its large size and weight and large charge brick. This can be a problem to plug into some outlets if there isn't enough space.

Unfortunately for me, mine failed after a year and no longer holds a charge. Dealing with the service/warranty side of things hasn't been that great either.

Purchased in September 2019 at Shaver Shop Online store for $380.00.

Ben

Ben

Great shaver

Used to have a series 7 shaver which was good but found I had to go over spots with a manual razor. Series 9 shaver is great! Shaves just as good as a manual razor.

Purchased in December 2019 at eBay for $249.00.

Wayne

WayneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A big disappointment after my Braun 360

The new head design in the 9240S is the problem as the foil holes are smaller making it difficult for coarser hairs to enter and be cut, resulting much more movement required over the face at varying angles to obtain a close shave. This could lead to skin rashes if persisting for too long to get a close shave.
Also the head design is more difficult to clean as it is not as open and there are more places to trap the cut hairs. Doing a similar shave with the 360 much more hair dust is extracted compared with the 9240S when cleaning the shaving head.
Overall the series 9 9240S is a backward step compared with the older 360.

Purchased in May 2019 at Shaver Shop Physical store.

Anthony

AnthonySouth East Queensland, QLD

The head foils dont last

I have had my shaver now for 18 months. In this time, the foil & cutter head has been replaced 3 times. The cleaner is useless unless you manually clean first.

Purchased in February 2018 at Shaver Shop for $500.00.

FrodoBagginsHunter Region, NSW

Temporary review

Purchased in October 2019.

Edith

EdithSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy quick perfect shave

Bought for my husband use to use s rotary shaver and will neber go back. This shaves so well he doesnt have to shave everyday much closer shave than his old one. Excellent highly recommend.

Purchased in August 2019 at Shaver Shop Physical store for $519.00.

Piotr S.

Piotr S.AU

An amazing shaver. Best I ever had

Best shave - closes one i ever had. Very comfortable to hold and easy to clean. The only thing I would change is the material (plastic) which looks and feel bit cheap. But this is my personal thing and beside that this is a very easy to use, powerful shaver.

Purchased in July 2019 at TobyDeals.com for $321.00.

Gary M.

Gary M.South East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing shaver

Purchased in January 2019 at Shaver Shop Online store for $449.00.

Aussiebloke34Perth, WA

Barely an upgrade from the Series 7 I have

Purchased in December 2016 at Shaver Shop for $499.00.

ChrisOz

ChrisOzSydney, NSW

Good, but not great and certainly cannot replace a razor

Purchased in December 2016 for $349.00.

Marcel

MarcelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Converted after one shave

Ok, a 2 day growth and my 9000 Series Philips struggling. I use Shaving Oil and thinking that perhaps its time to change the rotary blades after 2 years. Was advised it was $129 for replacement. Noticed in shaver shop that the shavers were 65% off the sale price? Quick math told me that instead of new blades, add another $100 and see what Braun can do this time. I have used Philips all my life, from Sensotouch 3D to 9160 3D etc etc. Would be 7 or 8 Philips over past 40 years.

I tried Braun about 10 or 12 years ago and returned it.
For my rough, grey hard hair, even after only 24hour growth the Philips would struggle.

Tried this Braun and after only one, 4 minute shave, Im impressed. Hopefully after another 2 or 3 weeks that I still am.

Purchased in March 2019 at Shaver Shop for $299.00.

Ineffective

The shaver misses so many hairs that I need to complete a shave with a disposable razor to complete the job. For a product that costs this much I would expect much better. I missed the window to return this as I kept trying to get a better shave out of it. My advice would be to try it out but if you have any doubts send it back straight away

Purchased in August 2018 at Shaver Shop Physical store for $496.00.

Bruno

BrunoMelbourne

Braun simply the best

Great all rounder, now I know why they're more expensive. Great results & easier to clean.
Wouldn't have any other brand.
Also got a discount from City shop .

Same

SameSudney

The best electric shaver Braun series 9

Hi the is the best electric shaver I ever used. First I bought Braun series 5 that was also good but than I bought this Braun series 9 and this is the best a nan can get. Since I bought it have used at To shave every 2bd or 3rd day. And the best thing since I bought it I only charged it once first day and after that I’m continuously using it. I mean the battery life is awesome. I’ll highly recommend this Braun series 9 electric shaver.

Sam

SamCanberra

Not great for the money we paid

Jolyon P

Jolyon PAU

Great shave

This is the first shaver I've used that actually cuts under chin hairs. I purchased a Panasonic 5 blader and it simply couldn't do the job so sent it back under the 60 day guarantee. The Braun on the other hand gets the job done. Admittedly it does take multiple (lots) of passes but I don't have to finish off with a blade razor

Sorry. It no it doesn’t work for me

Every day very disappointed I was told by the sales person it would give me a shave like a blade razor but alas it has not I am very dissatisfied with this product especially from Braun.

Buy the Series 7 Instead

I’ve been pretty happy with my Series 7 but the battery was starting to last only 5 days. The guy in the Shaver Shop promised a 2 minute shave with e Series 9. Total crap. It took longer to shave than my Series 7: around 5 minutes. The shaver cutting depth isn’t adjustable and doesn’t shave anywhere near close enough. The Series 9 has a long lasting battery But it really needs it because you have to keep going over the same spot many times. Probably OK if you’re young with whiskers that aren’t very thick but no good for me. I also find the head way too large to get under the side of the chin. Stick with the Series 7 and save a fortune.

David Watts

David WattsKelmscott

Best Electic Shaver I have purchased

Overpriced, does not live up to hype

This product is overpriced and is no better than a cheap electric razor. If you suffer from sensitive skin going over it 20 times with this is not a solution

Warren W.

Warren W.asked

where can i purchase a new shaver head

FrodoBaggins

Dont shaver Shop have them in stock? I just bought my series 9 a week ago so I havent needed to change the head yet. I got it from Shaver Shop. Give them a ring.

Warren W.

Warren W.asked

shaver head

FrodoBaggins

Just some follow up. After a good few shaves with the series 9 I have found it gives a perfect shave to my liking and the as the shaver head is much larger I can get more shaved faster. In that respect it beats the series 7. Glad I bought it.

Bala R.asked

The Braun 9000 series shaver creates the following problem: When even in full charge it is difficult to turn on. After use, when the off button is pressed with a soft touch it turns the Lock on. When I try to turn it on again it sometimes comes on and quickly turns off. I have to keep doing this a few times (ot going on and off) then it works. Now it has stopped working altogether even when it has a full charge on it. Is this a battery problem or something more sinister? Thank you Bala

Aussiebloke34

If it's under warranty contact Braun. I tried the Series 9000 and wasn't a fan, I found it better in some areas and worse in others than my Series 7 Hugo Boss Braun shaver, so it really seems more of a side grade instead of upgrade.

Bala R.

Thank you so much for your response. Regrettably, mine is out of warranty at present.

Get an answer from our members and Braun representatives