3.2

• Causes Irritation Yes (4) · No (10)
  • Caused Razor BurnYes (3) · No (11)
  • Battery Life
  • Shave Closeness
  • Wet Shave
  • Dry Shave
Ian G.

Ian G.Hunter Region, NSW

Beware Watrproof Rating

Purchased the Series 9 brand new in 2017 and found it very good. Recently found issues with the "lock" activating for no reason. Diagnosed as a damaged circuit board due to moisture ingress. Estimate $200 to repair. Waterproof? Braun repair technician says "no".

Purchased in October 2017 at Shaver Shop for A$450.00.

$650 nz $ for a piece of junk. Have gone back to my $4 hand razor

I have tried to give this shaver a fair trial but after 2 months have thrown it into the drawer. It will not shave clean without applying some pressure and going over the skin several times. I think my old disc shaver will do the same job and only cost a fraction of the Braun 9 cost.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$650.00.

Graham

GrahamMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Travel lock

After about 6 months the travel lock starts to switch on although it is meant to do that only if Start button is pressed for 3 seconds. Need to press start button for 10-15 seconds to get unit to restart. I have had this problem with 3 units thus far, each starting the same problem around the 6 months mark. Each unit replaced by Shaver Shop. Now the latest unit has started the same problem, again about 6 months from receiving the new unit. Great shaves. Shame Braun has not fixed the Travel lock problem.

Landy73

Landy73Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disappointing Quality

Purchased in May 2017 at Shaver Shop for A$500.00.

Battery Life

Bought for elderly father, disappointed with shave

Bought this shaver for my elderly father. There is no way to adjust power level. We feel it is inferior in this regard to the series 7 which my husband has. The 9 doesn't appear to be giving my dad an acceptable shave at all. We use all of the correct charging and cleaning procedures. We wish we had gone for the supposedly inferior series 7!

Purchased in July 2019 at Shaver Shop Physical store.

PJ63

PJ63Perth

3rd failure in 3 years, same issue

First of all it does a great wet shave, excellent battery life between charges - but you would expect that. What is very disappointing is that I have have had 3 (yes 3) of these fail after about 12mn with the on/off safety switch cutting in whilst shaving. Shaver would work for 5 secs and turn off to the safety. 5 sec to hold the switch and it works again for a few seconds. This happens after about 12mn and on 3 units now, luckily all in warrenty period. Will return again and try a differing Brand - very dissapointing

Purchased in January 2019 for A$499.00.

gamer347

gamer347New South Wales

Failed after 1 year.

Used shaver daily for over a year. It does an okay job. I have used much cheaper shavers and gotten the same results.

It is ok to travel with if you have the space due to its large size and weight and large charge brick. This can be a problem to plug into some outlets if there isn't enough space.

Unfortunately for me, mine failed after a year and no longer holds a charge. Dealing with the service/warranty side of things hasn't been that great either.

Purchased in September 2019 at Shaver Shop Online store for A$380.00.

Ben

Ben

Great shaver

Used to have a series 7 shaver which was good but found I had to go over spots with a manual razor. Series 9 shaver is great! Shaves just as good as a manual razor.

Purchased in December 2019 at eBay for A$249.00.

Wayne

WayneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A big disappointment after my Braun 360

The new head design in the 9240S is the problem as the foil holes are smaller making it difficult for coarser hairs to enter and be cut, resulting much more movement required over the face at varying angles to obtain a close shave. This could lead to skin rashes if persisting for too long to get a close shave.
Also the head design is more difficult to clean as it is not as open and there are more places to trap the cut hairs. Doing a similar shave with the 360 much more hair dust is extracted compared with the 9240S when cleaning the shaving head.
Overall the series 9 9240S is a backward step compared with the older 360.

Purchased in May 2019 at Shaver Shop Physical store.

Anthony

AnthonySouth East Queensland, QLD

The head foils dont last

I have had my shaver now for 18 months. In this time, the foil & cutter head has been replaced 3 times. The cleaner is useless unless you manually clean first.

Purchased in February 2018 at Shaver Shop for A$500.00.

FrodoBaggins

FrodoBagginsHunter Region, NSW

Temporary review

Purchased in October 2019.

Edith

EdithSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy quick perfect shave

Bought for my husband use to use s rotary shaver and will neber go back. This shaves so well he doesnt have to shave everyday much closer shave than his old one. Excellent highly recommend.

Purchased in August 2019 at Shaver Shop Physical store for A$519.00.

Piotr S.

Piotr S.AU

An amazing shaver. Best I ever had

Best shave - closes one i ever had. Very comfortable to hold and easy to clean. The only thing I would change is the material (plastic) which looks and feel bit cheap. But this is my personal thing and beside that this is a very easy to use, powerful shaver.

Purchased in July 2019 at TobyDeals.com for A$321.00.

Gary M.

Gary M.South East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing shaver

Purchased in January 2019 at Shaver Shop Online store for A$449.00.

Aussiebloke34

Aussiebloke34Perth, WA

Barely an upgrade from the Series 7 I have

Purchased in December 2016 at Shaver Shop for A$499.00.

ChrisOz

ChrisOzSydney, NSW

Good, but not great and certainly cannot replace a razor

Purchased in December 2016 for A$349.00.

Marcel

MarcelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Converted after one shave

Ok, a 2 day growth and my 9000 Series Philips struggling. I use Shaving Oil and thinking that perhaps its time to change the rotary blades after 2 years. Was advised it was $129 for replacement. Noticed in shaver shop that the shavers were 65% off the sale price? Quick math told me that instead of new blades, add another $100 and see what Braun can do this time. I have used Philips all my life, from Sensotouch 3D to 9160 3D etc etc. Would be 7 or 8 Philips over past 40 years.

I tried Braun about 10 or 12 years ago and returned it.
For my rough, grey hard hair, even after only 24hour growth the Philips would struggle.

Tried this Braun and after only one, 4 minute shave, Im impressed. Hopefully after another 2 or 3 weeks that I still am.

Purchased in March 2019 at Shaver Shop for A$299.00.

Simon

Simon

Ineffective

The shaver misses so many hairs that I need to complete a shave with a disposable razor to complete the job. For a product that costs this much I would expect much better. I missed the window to return this as I kept trying to get a better shave out of it. My advice would be to try it out but if you have any doubts send it back straight away

Purchased in August 2018 at Shaver Shop Physical store for A$496.00.

Bruno

BrunoMelbourne

Braun simply the best

Great all rounder, now I know why they're more expensive. Great results & easier to clean.
Wouldn't have any other brand.
Also got a discount from City shop .

Same

SameSudney

The best electric shaver Braun series 9

Hi the is the best electric shaver I ever used. First I bought Braun series 5 that was also good but than I bought this Braun series 9 and this is the best a nan can get. Since I bought it have used at To shave every 2bd or 3rd day. And the best thing since I bought it I only charged it once first day and after that I’m continuously using it. I mean the battery life is awesome. I’ll highly recommend this Braun series 9 electric shaver.