See the Best Men's Electric Shavers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Easy quick perfect shave

Bought for my husband use to use s rotary shaver and will neber go back. This shaves so well he doesnt have to shave everyday much closer shave than his old one. Excellent highly recommend.

Purchased in August 2019 at Shaver Shop Physical store for $519.00.

An amazing shaver. Best I ever had

Best shave - closes one i ever had. Very comfortable to hold and easy to clean. The only thing I would change is the material (plastic) which looks and feel bit cheap. But this is my personal thing and beside that this is a very easy to use, powerful shaver.

Purchased in July 2019 at TobyDeals.com for $321.00.

Disappointing shaver

Purchased this Braun Series 9 shaver after doing a lot of research. I am extremely disappointed with the shaver's performance especially considering the high purchase price. It is particularly bad under my chin and throat and I have to complete my shave with a disposable razor to get a close shave. The manual recommends that you use the clean and charge station after every third shave but the retailer I purchased this from warned that if I do this the blades will wear out quickly and I will be up for costly new blades every eighteen months. I therefore recommend that you clean the shaver under hot running water daily and only use the clean and charge station when the shaver needs recharging. Overall would not recommend to anyone with a tough beard requiring a good close shave.

Purchased in January 2019 at Shaver Shop Online store for $449.00.

Barely an upgrade from the Series 7 I have

As mentioned by the title, the series 9 Braun is barely an upgrade from the Series 7 I have.

I did a trial through shaver shop and ended up sending the thing back to Braun (which costs a fortune in postage) and can safely say I didn't notice a difference between this and my series 7.

Braun used to be the leader, however even the sales people I speak to admit they only changed their product line up (as they became lazy and hadn't in years) due to Panasonic's 5 razer system.

My series 7 braun has already broken (the trimmer just didn't come out one day then the part fell out) and I'm not even an every day shave bloke (once a week more like it) so didn't last. I didn't even have to replace one foil set and the thing is broken.

Braun has gone downhill, especially for the type of $$$ they are asking for.

Purchased in December 2016 at Shaver Shop for $499.00.

Good, but not great and certainly cannot replace a razor

I don't know why, perhaps because of the mess or the cost of disposable razors, but in December 2016 I decided to buy an electric shaver. I was convinced that it would be a sensible move and had visions of unheralded convenience gifting me back hours of my time. The reality was slightly less compelling.

I originally saw the Braun Series 9 in Shaver Shop shortly after deciding that the electric shaver life was for me. I was uncertain about brand (although my old man swore by Philips) and had no loyalty. I asked the assistant which would give the best shave and be the gentlest on sensitive skin (I suffer from razor burn something awful) and he said if money was no object the Braun Series 9 was the best as it was made in Germany (i.e. high quality components and build) and the blades vibrated 40,000 times per minute to cut more effectively (thereby reducing razor burn). It also boasts a slew of other features including wet & dry and a charging station with built-in cleaning cycle.

The $499 price tag was a bit hard to swallow though so I needed more time to think about my options. I ended up locating the Series 9 on a German website for under $320 shipped (a bargain 2.5 years ago) and took the plunge.

I've now been using the shaver almost daily for over 2 years and feel qualified to objectively discuss its strong points and shortfalls. I've not used any of the other Series 9 shavers, so some of what I'm about to criticise could well be resolved.

The kit comes with everything you need to get started. Apart from the shaver itself, you get the charging/cleaning station, AC adaptor, clean and renew cartridge, a travel case and a small cleaning brush. Going forward, you'll need to fork out for clean and renew cartridges ($20 for 2) every so often and a new razor cassette ($75) every 18 months or so. This means cost of ownership is definitely on the higher side, so this is not a shaver for those wanting to save money.

The overall build quality is excellent, as you'd expect from a $500 German built shaver and the design makes it a very attractive piece of kit. The shaver unit itself feels solid, is well weighted, has a nice tactile rubber feel on the back making it easy to grip with wet hands and the cassette holding the blades is nicely finished. The one lasting drawback I can see is the plastic used on the face of the charging station. I keep the charger in the bathroom and the glossy black plastic has now permanently gone blotchy detracting from the aesthetics.

The charge cycle is pretty invisible and I've never been in a position where the shaver was not ready to go with a full charge, simply because placing it back in the cradle is just the easiest place to store it. Battery life is exceptional and even during a recent 2 week trip, I didn't have any worries about running out of juice. I was still at 2 (out of 5) bars when I arrived back home.

Cleaning the shaver is relatively simple and mess free due to the built-in cleaning functionality included with the charging station. I've found tapping out the cassette and rinsing both it and the head of the shaver before placing it back in the cradle gives the best results during the cleaning cycle. Ironically, it's the cleaning station that gets the dirtiest and is a real chore to clean. I occasionally use a cotton tip and tissues to clean it right out, but it's never completely clean. This becomes a problem when you decide you don't want to use the cleaning cycle and simply brush/rinse the shaver. Unless you thoroughly dry the head unit first, placing it back into the cradle and leaving it overnight will produce a fairly rancid smell when you pull it back out again the next day. Best I can describe it is a sour, humid smell. This means you'll pretty much have to use the 40 minute cleaning cycle every time you use the shaver.

The beard trimmer on the reverse of the shaver is good, but the positioning is awkward because the cutting blades slide up and face the main cassette. Its difficult to trim sideburns as you're forever afraid you'll give yourself a bald patch care of the main razors.

Using the Braun in the shower was pretty nerve wracking the first few times round as I was deathly afraid I was going to drop it or it would short out. But it went off without a itch. I'm not a fan of shaving in the shower however as I find using a full sized mirror gives me more confidence that I'm receiving a consistent result (i.e. not leaving patches) and can quickly apply balm to soothe my skin.

The real problem for me is the quality of the shave, wet or dry. Frequently there will be hairs that the Braun Series 9 does not seem to be able to cut no matter how many times you drag the unit across your burning skin. They're mostly hairs that lie flat against the skin, but given the 40K/min cutting speed and the cost of the shaver, I'd expect it to do much better in this aspect. It means that almost without fail, I'll need to keep a disposable razor handy run over my skin. Very disappointing for a piece of equipment this expensive.

Ultimately, I can't recommend the unit unless you have the opportunity to try it first or have been using a similar shaver and want to upgrade. It's expensive to buy, expensive to maintain and does not deliver real world performance that the specifications and price tag suggests.

Purchased in December 2016 for $349.00.

Causes Irritation Yes
Razor BurnYes

Converted after one shave

Ok, a 2 day growth and my 9000 Series Philips struggling. I use Shaving Oil and thinking that perhaps its time to change the rotary blades after 2 years. Was advised it was $129 for replacement. Noticed in shaver shop that the shavers were 65% off the sale price? Quick math told me that instead of new blades, add another $100 and see what Braun can do this time. I have used Philips all my life, from Sensotouch 3D to 9160 3D etc etc. Would be 7 or 8 Philips over past 40 years.

I tried Braun about 10 or 12 years ago and returned it.
For my rough, grey hard hair, even after only 24hour growth the Philips would struggle.

Tried this Braun and after only one, 4 minute shave, Im impressed. Hopefully after another 2 or 3 weeks that I still am.

Purchased in March 2019 at Shaver Shop for $299.00.

Ineffective

The shaver misses so many hairs that I need to complete a shave with a disposable razor to complete the job. For a product that costs this much I would expect much better. I missed the window to return this as I kept trying to get a better shave out of it. My advice would be to try it out but if you have any doubts send it back straight away

Purchased in August 2018 at Shaver Shop Physical store for $496.00.

Braun simply the best

Great all rounder, now I know why they're more expensive. Great results & easier to clean.
Wouldn't have any other brand.
Also got a discount from City shop .

The best electric shaver Braun series 9

Hi the is the best electric shaver I ever used. First I bought Braun series 5 that was also good but than I bought this Braun series 9 and this is the best a nan can get. Since I bought it have used at To shave every 2bd or 3rd day. And the best thing since I bought it I only charged it once first day and after that I’m continuously using it. I mean the battery life is awesome. I’ll highly recommend this Braun series 9 electric shaver.

Not great for the money we paid

My wife bought this for me for my birthday in September last year. I have used it dry, with water and with shaving cream both pre and post shower. I have to say it's not great. I have pretty sporadic facial hair growth and I only need to shave once or twice a week. I find I have to go over and over and over certain spots to get every hair. It misses most of the lay-flat hairs especially under my jawline. I run it through the cleaner after every use and have tried using the shaver shop spray lube to see if that helps (I actually think it makes it worse to shave with next time). I've tried it with 2 day stubble as well as 1 and 2 week growth to see if any of those worked better than the other.

This shaver would be good for people who are unable to use a razor due to medical conditions or people who don't have access to shaving cream or running water but apart from that don't waste your money, just use a mach3 with shaving cream, one stroke over each part and you are done, clean as you like.
**I will give Braun Australia one thing though, they refunded me for the shaver even though I was outside the 60 day trial period. The third star was for their customer service rather than the product itself

Great shave

This is the first shaver I've used that actually cuts under chin hairs. I purchased a Panasonic 5 blader and it simply couldn't do the job so sent it back under the 60 day guarantee. The Braun on the other hand gets the job done. Admittedly it does take multiple (lots) of passes but I don't have to finish off with a blade razor

Sorry. It no it doesn’t work for me

Every day very disappointed I was told by the sales person it would give me a shave like a blade razor but alas it has not I am very dissatisfied with this product especially from Braun.

Buy the Series 7 Instead

I’ve been pretty happy with my Series 7 but the battery was starting to last only 5 days. The guy in the Shaver Shop promised a 2 minute shave with e Series 9. Total crap. It took longer to shave than my Series 7: around 5 minutes. The shaver cutting depth isn’t adjustable and doesn’t shave anywhere near close enough. The Series 9 has a long lasting battery But it really needs it because you have to keep going over the same spot many times. Probably OK if you’re young with whiskers that aren’t very thick but no good for me. I also find the head way too large to get under the side of the chin. Stick with the Series 7 and save a fortune.

Best Electic Shaver I have purchased

I purchased the Braun Series 5 as an experiment as I wasn't entirely happy with my previous shaver. The series 5 was so much better than my previous shavers so I decided to upgrade to the series 9. The Series 9 has proved to give an even more comfortable shave and I am very happy with it . It doesn't look as flash as some other brands but in my opinion it out performs them. The vibration from the shaver head seems to massage your skin which surprisingly makes shaving more comfortable. The head does not get hot like my previous shaver. The cutting head comes as one piece and cannot be stripped down for cleaning but washing it under the tap seems to do the job . My shaver came with the cleaning station which probably does a better job.
In summary, it is a most comfortable shaver to use and gives a reasonable shave. Replacement head is cheaper than some other brands. Good battery life. Cleaning station is easy to use and does a good job

Overpriced, does not live up to hype

This product is overpriced and is no better than a cheap electric razor. If you suffer from sensitive skin going over it 20 times with this is not a solution

works well but

Had it for 3 months, It works well for sensitive skin, battery life is also very good But when cleaning the head with brush the head fell 4-6 inches into a basin and cracked and warranty doesn't cover that. An expensive lesson at $75 replacement cost

Great shaver

I haven't used an electric shaver for years - could never get a close enough shave - but this one is fantastic. OK - it's not as close as a blade shave - but it's a huge leap forward from the Braun I used a decade ago. And cleaning is easy - rinse it under warm water after each shave and run it through the clean cycle on the cleaning station every now and then. Not cheap - but worth it.

Excellent choice

When something is of good quality, both in material and in use, you do not need to decorate it. But if, despite all this, the packaging is of a superior category, the result is excellence. I have to say that she had been using different Braun shavers and that the last one, since a little over a year ago, was a series 7 with which she was very happy, but the Braun 9 9299s far surpasses it.
In the first place, its presentation, as I said before, is extremely well cared for, both in the box - which can possibly be put to good use in another land, as in its leather case. Only with this product in hand can you get an idea of what you will find inside and opening it does not disappoint. Aesthetically it is impeccable, both in design and in ergonomics, with a very comfortable grip and a wide head equipped with different elements that facilitate the rush and smoothness. I shave daily and I do not have a hard beard so perhaps, in my case, the best hurry and where you can fully appreciate the possibilities of this shaver is on the beard of a couple of days. The vibration is subtle and with much less past the hurry is totally different from the other Braun tested. In difficult areas such as the neck, where before had to complete the shaving with a blade to avoid irritating the area with too many passes in this case with four or five is enough to achieve a perfect finish without irritation. I was worried a little in principle that the width of his head was uncomfortable for the area of the mustache but after two or three tests, with the activated lock and the correct inclination the results are perfect.
Another point to note is the durability of your battery. I put it to load at the moment of its reception and nineteen days later it continues perfectly loaded, with practically daily shaves. This provides a tremendous autonomy and, despite the fact that the charger - with a nice design also in the product line - is of small size with this duration of the load it is perfectly avoidable to take it for punctual departures or even for a fortnight of vacations.
As for maintenance, at first, perhaps because of the custom with previous shavers, I would have liked a brush but I recognize that being washable, its cleaning is also more comfortable and lubricating the head from time to time with the product of the Own brand is more than enough.
In short, it is an unbeatable option. True that its price may be a little higher than others but its advantages, design, haste, maintenance, autonomy, more than compensates for that difference. Good job, Braun!

Just Perfect!

I used for the first time my new Braun 9299S, and it was PERFECT! I used it with a beard of 4-5 days and it work with excelent results.
No redness or irritation, like I said a perfect first time!
I really reccomand it.

Ok but not close shave

I have had electric shavers for over a decade and have bought a new Braun every few years. For some reason my shavers don't last longer. I got the braun as I was told it was good for sensitive skin but I find it doesn't shave close enough for me.