Breville Aroma Style Electronic BCM600

3.9

• Product is used
  • Consistency

Luke warm coffee

If I bought a coffee at the same temperature I'd be straight back to the shop, works okay but coffee temp is nowhere near acceptable, put a gauge on it at 70

Purchased in March 2020 at Bigw for A$69.00.

Paul

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed

I was looking for something more convenient than my manual espresso maker, but the coffee this machine makes was too bitter to drink. ( burnt ? ) Will try to return it tomorrow ?

Purchased in May 2020.

JacSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

No fuss Coffee

Purchased in March 2020 at BigW for A$69.00.

Drip Coffee Machines

Find out how Breville Aroma Style Electronic BCM600 compares to other Drip Coffee Machines

Ragen Lee

Ragen Lee

Love It!!

We love this coffee machine at our house! Easy to use and easy to clean! We use it every day and it hasn't missed a beat. Just wish that the heating after it finishes lasted longer than 2 hours

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for A$74.95.

Fabiola G.

Fabiola G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great coffee maker for the price

I bought a coffee maker to replace my old one which has broken after 2 years of use. This one is easy to use and the cup is easy to clean, my only complaint is that the cord is shorter than my old one so I couldn't put it in the same place.

Purchased in November 2019 at Amazon for A$80.00.

Davo 767

Davo 767Southwest, VIC

Sipping Coffee Merrily

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$69.00.

Tammy Honnery

Tammy Honnery

Its ok

Filters coffee deliciously. I have even filtered tea through it and it works just as well. You can make as little or as much as you like by adjusting water and scoops to taste. Havent tried the preset function yet. The problem I have with it is that the coffee goes cold quickly.

Purchased in February 2019.

Product is used Monthly
DMA

DMAPerth, WA

Amazing - Timer function is the best

We have owned 2 of these over the years. The thing i like most about this product is, you can pre-set the timer the night before a work day and it comes on 30 minutes before my alarm clock.

Purchased in October 2016 at The Good Guys for A$70.00.

Delicious coffee.

This coffee maker was a little hard to come by (sold out) but glad we didn't cave and take the Sunbeam. The Breville Aroma is an exeptionally good machine and makes delicious, hot coffee. The only gripe we have with it is it's overly large capacity...12 cups! This is way to much coffee.Breville would have perfected this machine by reducing the capacity to 8 cups...less waste that way.However this 12 cup coffee maker would bew ideal for an office, lunchroom, Church etc....

John P

John PDarling Downs, QLD

Great cuppa

I like drip coffee and this does a great job. I do have a few issues filling it but it does a great job. Keeps the coffee warm so I can make a pot that will last me through the morning. I have no problems with it just be aware of the drips when removing the mesh filter.

Purchased in August 2017.

Product is used Weekly
Arr-Emm

Arr-EmmCentral West, NSW

Some annoyances, but it's OK.

The inlet for water reservoir is small so it's very easy to spill when filling. 12 cups on the reservoir makes less than 12 in the pot. Need to finely grind if you want strong coffee, but if you do then watch it like a hawk otherwise it could spill-over when it's dripping hot water through the filter. And as others have already noted, it sometimes drips the condensed water down the back of the unit when you open it up. Expensive for what it is. Never bothered to use the timer function - so that's useless to me (only got it because it was the cheapest at the time).

Purchased in June 2019.

Bluey

BlueyCentral, SA

Makes Great Coffee, but

Makes great coffee but when you lift the lid to empty the mesh filter, water runs down the outside at the back of the machine. Happens every time. Coffee temperature is not a problem. Would recommend this machine although the water issue is of concern.

Purchased in April 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for A$69.00.

Luke Warm Coffee

It makes the coffee but you have to microwave each cup to make it drinkable.. I hate tea or coffee not hot enough. I bought it after reading a review which used the words beautiful "hot" coffee.
Luke warm at best....awful

Purchased in May 2019.

James C

James C

Wake up to coffee

My partner a big coffee drinker adores her coffee and can be extremely moody without it in the morning. Bought this, so I could set it in the morning for her. Works a treat, just set the timer and done. Very happy.

Purchased in February 2018.

Mark

MarkSydney

Looks great, works good, slight concern with water at the back of the unit

I had taken a couple of pictures and to show the location where I am seeing water outside the unit where it is sitting.
I notice that when the coffee maker is steaming there are vents at the rear and they condense and run down to rest on the board where I am resting the unit.

It is sitting level and not overfilled along with being careful when filling to not spill water.

First time using this type of coffee machine and wanted to check if that is normal and i invite someone to comment please.

Looks like it will still make great coffee with good holding temperature, I just need to keep watch at the rear with a t-towel.

(note, the review selection on product purchase doesn't allow to select day, but it was less than 7 days)

Purchased in February 2019 at Big W Online Store for A$59.00.

Limited Replacement Parts

Have had the Coffee Maker for two months and the washer that holds the spring and device at the bottom of the outer basket has already perished. Im unable to get a replacement washer or a whole new basket in New Zealand. Other than that it works well. Makes great coffee.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
pebble

pebbleWA, 6530

Great for making big mugs full of coffee

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Ross M

Ross MQLD, 4868

I love waking up to the smell of coffee

This Breville coffee maker is a great appliance and was certainly not expensive.
I love the timer function which allows me to have the aroma of hot coffee already made when I wake up in the morning.
It is very easy to use and clean and is definitely value for money.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Mark

Markbrisbane

2 years and still going strong

I purchase the Breville Aroma Style electronic b c m 600 2 years ago, possibly 2 and a half years ago now. It has not let me down at all. For the low price that i paid which i believe was seventy dollars i have been pleasantly surprised. This has been a life saver and has saved us lots of money because i do not have to buy coffee anymore

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Francine

FrancineGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good coffee machine

We have been living in Australia for 13 years now and this is our third coffee machine. Probably the better choice we have made.
The coffee tastes great, the temperature of the coffee is brilliant ( I love hot hot coffee).
Only thing is that I have to clean the machine as it takes more time for the water to get through when you don’t clean it regularly. But then, I suppose that’s with every machine.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Vee

Veeasked

The automatic timer on my Aroma worked around 4 times after purchase a couple of weeks ago, but no longer starts the coffee machine for me in the mornings. I loved getting up to hot coffee ready and waiting for me. Any ideas what is wrong?

Judy S.asked

I bought a Breville coffee machine in May 2019. It worked fine and in December I had problems. The red light came on but coffee didn’t filter through. I took it back to the store and it was replaced. 2nd machine has been fine until this morning. Same problem with light on but it won’t make coffee! I’m quite disappointed as it’s a fantastic machine and coffee is excellent. Please let me know what needs doing!! It’s lockdown and the store is still closed! I’m contacting you from Namibia, so cannot call helpline. Thank you...... J Stafford

Jac

Sounds like your machine needs cleaning, it is blocked. Add two thirds water and one third white vinegar to tank. Place jug in position as if you are making coffee and just turn on. Let it drip through and then tip out jug. Run a tank of clean water through coffee machine and then it should be good to go, if not repeat process. Rinse out filter and jug to get rid of vinegar aftertaste. If you don't want to use vinegar you can purchase a descaling cleaner from the supermarket. You should clean your machine approx. every month, if you use daily.

Judy S.

Thank you. I will give it a try and let you know.

Judy S.

Good morning again. I have tried the cleaning process, but still nothing!!! Help please!!!!!

Kaitlyn E.

Kaitlyn E.asked

My coffee always tastes burnt coming out of this machine. Is there any temperature control for the water? Or, what temperature should the water be going into the carafe?

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives