Breville the Fast Slow Cooker BPR650

Breville the Fast Slow Cooker BPR650

MPNs: 36278187 and BPR650BSS

Does the job, but not perfect

It does the job, but isn't perfect.
The inner ring required replacing under recall, and it was easy enough to manage.
However, even with the new ring installed, the pressure cooker functionality is fiddly and can be quite difficult.
Cleaning the lid and ring is also a little difficult.
The slow cooker is easy to use however.
Recipe book is also helpful

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Excellent product. Highly recommend it and it is very convenient considering that you just leave and do other chores then few minutes you have a good food ready for the whole family. Enerhy saving and ot realky makes the food yummy and tender. We love having the slow cooker very convenient for us.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

This is a fantastic kitchen appliance

This has been a very good kitchen appliance that does multiple jobs for me. It saves me washing as i can do all my cooking in here and its quite fast. I leave my food to cook and when i get back its been switched off automatically and ready to be served.

Really useful

Very handy to have. Stress free pressure cooking, timer and the sear function are really handy. Having to hand wash the lid is a bit of a pain, and the gasket seal absorbs flavours so it always smells of curry in our household. Despite this I’m glad we invested in it.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi, we appreciate your comments here! Try storing the gasket outside of the product when it is not in operation. Also we've found soaking the gasket in a bit of white vinegar or even add some vanilla extract when cleaning helps reduce or eliminate any smell!

Loving it!

I got this as a gift over Christmas, so good! Making everything with it. Lots of fun to just throw whatever in there and let the cooker do all the work! haha. Highly recommend buying this. Good for just cooking rice too. Pre-set functions are quite intuitive. Aussie company also!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

This is good

This product has served me well and I will like to recommend it to every home it is very comfortable and easy to use.
It is very easy to clean at all time
I am very satisfied with its features they are very suitable and easy to use the manual.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Love this product

We liked it so much, we ended up buying a second one for our holiday home. Excellent slow cooker but the sear function and the pressure cooking function have also come in very handy. Easy to clean, no mess. Just make sure you don't take the pressure cooking lid off until all of the steam has been released. Highly recommend this product!

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Ideal for dinner after work

This was my first slow cooker. I was skeptical in the beginning thinking that I would just spend money, buy another gadget to sit on the kitchen bench. How wrong I was thinking this way. It is absolutely brilliant and I can cook juicy meat and chicken for the whole family to enjoy. I would highly recommend this product!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

I absolutely cannot live without this

I absolutely cannot live without this. I use it every day for cooking dinner! Have not had any issues what so ever with this. My parents ended up buying one too. Cooks brown rice to perfection in just 15mins! I mainly use pressure cook function and works fantastic every time. Have made all sorts of dishes with this. Have also slow cooked but haven't used the steam function yet. I guess the only issue I have is that when slow cooking you cannot see your food inside and how its doing, and you can only set it to 6hrs or 8hrs, a 4hr function would be nice. Overall very happy with this.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Use it for everything!

Best piece of kitchen equipment I have ever brought. I love that I can sauté/sear my food first in the same pot then slow cook or pressure cook something. All my dishes have had amazing flavors and I use it for just about everything you could think of! Can't live without it now

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Brilliant Slow & Pressure Cooker

This has been one of the greatest purchases I have bought for my kitchen. I had a slow cooker for years & a separate pressure cooker but I never used the pressure cooker. Now I only use the pressure cooker part, the time it saves in cooking is great and it cleans up easily. Brilliant, I have encouraged others to buy

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Best slow & pressure cooker on the market

We absolutely love our slow cooker, being a mum to a toddler you really don't have the time to cook meals every day but with the slow cooker you just throw all the ingredients together cook it for 4 hours and you have a delicious meal ready! The good thing about the this cooker, you can fit 4 abs more portions and you'll have dinners for days ready

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Easy to use and clean and the Sear function works well

After looking at a lot of reviews on all the multifunction cookers and then going in to see how easy they were to operate and clean ETC The most important issue for me was the Sear function before I slow cooked my meal, There are ones that claim to sear but it is more like stewing

Date PurchasedSep 2017

many uses!

This is really multi purpose, I can make roast chicken to Easy Rice Pudding (amazing dessert!). It is easy to clean, look after and maintain. Cleaning is a breeze, I just rinse out with hot water after it has been used. it is quiet and cooks at an even temperature.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

FANTASTIC!

We use this all the time, it is the best thing! I love how you can pressure cook and slow cook in the same appliance! So happy with it. The pressure cooker works just like a slowcooker but takes alot less time, it is so great to come home to!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great product and good value!

This is my favourite kitchen appliance. It has lots of great options including searing, steaming, slow cooking and pressure cooking. The results are just perfect. Meat falls off the bone, is delicious and is great for childrens meals too. It's easy to clean as you can remove the inner pot.

Great, Multi-Functional Cooker!

We received this as a gift for our engagement and it is easily the most used appliance in our kitchen. It is so easy to use and having a slow cooker/pressure cooker in one appliance is a huge space saver! We have used this to cook everything from rice to soups. If you're looking for an easy to use machine that makes delicious meals and is easy to clean, this is definitely for you!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

First Pressure cooker and I'm not mad at it!

First time I've ever owned a pressure cooker and so far I'm loving it. Received this item as a gift after telling my mum I needed to replace my slow cooker and was very excited by it. So far I have made massaman curry, bolognese and pulled pork all using the pressure cook option. Added a bit too much liquid the first time (I was worried about not using enough) which resulted in a watery curry, however the meat was so tender.

I'm sure that with some more practice I'll master these new cooking techniques. Instructions were easy to follow, Pressure release wasn't scary at all and I was impressed with the results. Can't wait to try out some other foods (like rice and grains) in the pressure cooker and to test out the good old slow cook function too

Note- the model I received was from Myer and marked as BPR700, however this product does not exist for review on this site and this seems to be the exact same thing

I use this everyday

This is a fantastic slow cooker, honestly the best one I have ever owned! The settings are great and there are so many different options to choose from, perfect for cooking devilled sausages all the way to thai coconut chicken. I love how easy my slow cooker is to clean, no hassles!

An amazing slow cooker

I love using this to make my family dinner. It is quite simple to use with an elegant design. It is great for cooking meat either slow or fast, the settings are easy to understand & quite bold, so very easy to see. It is very easy to clean & I am very satisfied with it.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

We looking to purchase a Breville BPR650BSS but want to know whether the cooking pot is constructed from aluminium-based material ? We are aware of the health danger of alumunium cookware and so will not purchase alumunium-constructed cookware. We checked Breville web site but found that its Full Specifications simply describes [Construction materials : Brushed Stainless Steel]. Does this mean that [Cooking pot] or [Trivet] or [Steaming Tray] are made from stainless steel ? Or does it mean every component (except the plastic bits) is made from stainless steel ? It would go along way to build customer-trust if Breville could be a little more detailed in its "full specification of [Construction materials]. For us it would be the difference between a buy decision as opposed to a check another brand move !

What is the energy usage like when it’s on slow cooking mode?

So I bought the 650 model today and not sure if I'll keep it yet. I had hoped the slow cook would allow me to cook for the 8 hours then keep warm for a further 2 hours, not the 30 mins it states in the book. I work long days and don't want to spoil a meal by having it sit unheated for too long. Should I have bought something else?

the Fast Slow Cooker BPR650