MPNs: 36278187 and BPR650BSS

Does it all

The fast slow Pro has the convenience of being a slow cooker and a pressure cooker . It allows
You to sear saving time and also has a risotto feature which makes perfect risotto every time
It’s a kitchen appliance I could not live without - Meals always tasty and meat tender especially
Slow cooked lamb shoulder as
Pictured -
Perfect every time

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for $120.00.

Very Useful

I have owned a FastSlow for 12 months. It is great. I cook a lot of soups and curries using a mix of pressure cooking and slow cooking meaning lots of flavour and keeps hot for eating at different times. Only difficulty is there is no temperature control on the sear feature.

Purchased in March 2018.

Prefer an old-fashioned crockpot

Food comes out much more tastier using the slow cooker feature than the pressure cooker feature. Beef spare ribs using the pressure cooker function came out very chewy with not much taste.

In hindsight I should have just bought an old fashioned crock pot with a glass lid.

Purchased in February 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $169.00.

The best slow cooker I have

I've had this machine for years. I LOVE it. This slow cooker makes meat incredibly tender, never burns or undercooks and is very sturdy and of high quality.

I'm aware there was a recall on the seal, but my seal has worked faultlessly every time I've pressure cooked and I don't think mine was under recall. The lid can be a little annoying as it beeps at you when you take the lid off to look at slow cooked food.

But the flavour! Tender, tender meat! I always use utensils that won't scratch the non stick surface and it has lasted for years. No flaking or scratching at all.

This does rice really well too but the slow cooker function (with sear capability) is incredible. Breville need to make this larger and flatter, like a frypan to do full steaks or big legs of lamb or big lamb shanks. If it was bigger, I'd cook everything in it.

Also another idea is to have a big vegetable steamer basket that sits atop the meat if we just steak and veg separate,

Purchased in January 2016.

Started out great

The first 4 times I used it I loved BUT then, the lid would not seal. Got a replacement but still had the same issue. Ended up returning it and getting a refund. Very disappointed

Purchased in May 2019 at Big W for $120.00.

Pretty Good

I love the slow-cooker more than the pressure cooker. I've made several curries and other casserole type dishes, all of which turned out with delicious flavours and really, really tender, fall apart meat. I've only used the pressure cooker function twice, neither with very good results, but that's more than likely due to my inexperience. The beef casserole was quite chewy and the corned beef was not done in the middle. I've yet to find a recipe for corned beef that tells you how long to pressure cook it for.
The other thing that I'm not keen on is the instruction book. It contradicts itself in several places with the minimum amount of liquid to be used. In some places it says to always use at least 4 cups liquid and in others it says pour in 250 mls of liquid or stock.
As I was able to purchase this item brand new in a half-price sale it's excellent value. I wouldn't have paid full price for it. Purchased at Briscoes for $NZ199.

Purchased in November 2018 for $199.00.

27mths old....after a great start....died...

Went alright to start so bought one for my Mother. She could never work the lid so that was a waste of time. The lid is very difficult.

Then the nonstick surface went crap after sbout 6 months...gradually becoming worse that it now attracks things. I wish they had a stainless uption. I would pay extra for SS

Now the unit wont detect lid secure so cannot steam or pressure cook so have to load it as if you are pressuring and then place on Sear.

Lookup its predecessors reviews (BPR200) a guy got told off for inspecting inside the lid and finding a part made to break. Thanks Breville for filling our rubbish skips!

Possibly dangerous but who would know as not covered in manual.

So started good but 27mths use out if a $499.99 appliance is shocking [retail]

12 month warranty is a joke....if you are in NZ take Breville to the Disputes Tribunal as the expected life sould be 10-15 years for a pressure cooker.

Purchased in January 2017 at Briscoes Panmure Auckland for $197.99.

After taking home a Russell Hobs and finding no steam basket....also programming of electronics and the manual were not so good. Looked at CrockPot made by same parent company as Sunbeam. Sunbeam owners report malfunctioning electronics. Looked at Brabantia but steam release broke in 2 when dropped on shop linoleum floor. So got another Breville....best of an average to poor bunch. Breville need to fix lid sensor issue from factory as another owner found it was purposely poorly designed. Also...a lot of people either dont want or have had trouble with non stick pots.....for goodness sake male a Stainless version. We do not want non stick coatibgs. Polished high grade stainless is just as non stick.

Does the job, but not perfect

It does the job, but isn't perfect.
The inner ring required replacing under recall, and it was easy enough to manage.
However, even with the new ring installed, the pressure cooker functionality is fiddly and can be quite difficult.
Cleaning the lid and ring is also a little difficult.
The slow cooker is easy to use however.
Recipe book is also helpful

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Excellent product. Highly recommend it and it is very convenient considering that you just leave and do other chores then few minutes you have a good food ready for the whole family. Enerhy saving and ot realky makes the food yummy and tender. We love having the slow cooker very convenient for us.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

This is a fantastic kitchen appliance

This has been a very good kitchen appliance that does multiple jobs for me. It saves me washing as i can do all my cooking in here and its quite fast. I leave my food to cook and when i get back its been switched off automatically and ready to be served.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Really useful

Very handy to have. Stress free pressure cooking, timer and the sear function are really handy. Having to hand wash the lid is a bit of a pain, and the gasket seal absorbs flavours so it always smells of curry in our household. Despite this I’m glad we invested in it.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi, we appreciate your comments here! Try storing the gasket outside of the product when it is not in operation. Also we've found soaking the gasket in a bit of white vinegar or even add some vanilla extract when cleaning helps reduce or eliminate any smell!

Loving it!

I got this as a gift over Christmas, so good! Making everything with it. Lots of fun to just throw whatever in there and let the cooker do all the work! haha. Highly recommend buying this. Good for just cooking rice too. Pre-set functions are quite intuitive. Aussie company also!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

This is good

This product has served me well and I will like to recommend it to every home it is very comfortable and easy to use.
It is very easy to clean at all time
I am very satisfied with its features they are very suitable and easy to use the manual.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Love this product

We liked it so much, we ended up buying a second one for our holiday home. Excellent slow cooker but the sear function and the pressure cooking function have also come in very handy. Easy to clean, no mess. Just make sure you don't take the pressure cooking lid off until all of the steam has been released. Highly recommend this product!

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Ideal for dinner after work

This was my first slow cooker. I was skeptical in the beginning thinking that I would just spend money, buy another gadget to sit on the kitchen bench. How wrong I was thinking this way. It is absolutely brilliant and I can cook juicy meat and chicken for the whole family to enjoy. I would highly recommend this product!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

I absolutely cannot live without this

I absolutely cannot live without this. I use it every day for cooking dinner! Have not had any issues what so ever with this. My parents ended up buying one too. Cooks brown rice to perfection in just 15mins! I mainly use pressure cook function and works fantastic every time. Have made all sorts of dishes with this. Have also slow cooked but haven't used the steam function yet. I guess the only issue I have is that when slow cooking you cannot see your food inside and how its doing, and you can only set it to 6hrs or 8hrs, a 4hr function would be nice. Overall very happy with this.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Use it for everything!

Best piece of kitchen equipment I have ever brought. I love that I can sauté/sear my food first in the same pot then slow cook or pressure cook something. All my dishes have had amazing flavors and I use it for just about everything you could think of! Can't live without it now

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Brilliant Slow & Pressure Cooker

This has been one of the greatest purchases I have bought for my kitchen. I had a slow cooker for years & a separate pressure cooker but I never used the pressure cooker. Now I only use the pressure cooker part, the time it saves in cooking is great and it cleans up easily. Brilliant, I have encouraged others to buy

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Best slow & pressure cooker on the market

We absolutely love our slow cooker, being a mum to a toddler you really don't have the time to cook meals every day but with the slow cooker you just throw all the ingredients together cook it for 4 hours and you have a delicious meal ready! The good thing about the this cooker, you can fit 4 abs more portions and you'll have dinners for days ready

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Easy to use and clean and the Sear function works well

After looking at a lot of reviews on all the multifunction cookers and then going in to see how easy they were to operate and clean ETC The most important issue for me was the Sear function before I slow cooked my meal, There are ones that claim to sear but it is more like stewing

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Less than 2 yrs old. Have loved it but as of today will sear, but does not slow cook (left it to its own devices then came back five hours later- nothing..) or pressure cook. Disappointing as it is not especially cheap. Ant suggestions for a fix?
have you considered replacing the gasket?

Hello, We truly would like to assist with your pressure cooker. Can you please contact us so we can go over the options we have for you? Askus@breville.com.au

We looking to purchase a Breville BPR650BSS but want to know whether the cooking pot is constructed from aluminium-based material ? We are aware of the health danger of alumunium cookware and so will not purchase alumunium-constructed cookware. We checked Breville web site but found that its Full Specifications simply describes [Construction materials : Brushed Stainless Steel]. Does this mean that [Cooking pot] or [Trivet] or [Steaming Tray] are made from stainless steel ? Or does it mean every component (except the plastic bits) is made from stainless steel ? It would go along way to build customer-trust if Breville could be a little more detailed in its "full specification of [Construction materials]. For us it would be the difference between a buy decision as opposed to a check another brand move !
The steam pot for veges is stainless the trivet appears to be chrome plated and the cooking pot is non-stick which is as bad as straight aluminum poison wise. Any kuice from steaming tasted off. The coatibg also degrades over 6mths. At 12mths totally sticky rough. They should habe a stainless option like some American models. Also one sensor gone bad at 18mths. Maybe choose another brand? They almost got it good...but missed.

CategorySlow Cookers