Breville the Fast Slow Cooker BPR650

MPNs: 36278187 and BPR650BSS

Megan

MeganKirrawee

Does it all

The fast slow Pro has the convenience of being a slow cooker and a pressure cooker . It allows
You to sear saving time and also has a risotto feature which makes perfect risotto every time
It’s a kitchen appliance I could not live without - Meals always tasty and meat tender especially
Slow cooked lamb shoulder as
Pictured -
Perfect every time

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for $120.00.

Anne

AnneIllawarra, NSW

Very Useful

I have owned a FastSlow for 12 months. It is great. I cook a lot of soups and curries using a mix of pressure cooking and slow cooking meaning lots of flavour and keeps hot for eating at different times. Only difficulty is there is no temperature control on the sear feature.

Purchased in March 2018.

John J

John JGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Prefer an old-fashioned crockpot

Food comes out much more tastier using the slow cooker feature than the pressure cooker feature. Beef spare ribs using the pressure cooker function came out very chewy with not much taste.

In hindsight I should have just bought an old fashioned crock pot with a glass lid.

Purchased in February 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $169.00.

Pop-up

Pop-upBrisbane

The best slow cooker I have

Purchased in January 2016.

Rebecca

RebeccaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Started out great

The first 4 times I used it I loved BUT then, the lid would not seal. Got a replacement but still had the same issue. Ended up returning it and getting a refund. Very disappointed

Purchased in May 2019 at Big W for $120.00.

Lorel

LorelWhitianga

Pretty Good

Purchased in November 2018 for $199.00.

PhilBNew South Wales

27mths old....after a great start....died...

Purchased in January 2017 at Briscoes Panmure Auckland for $197.99.

DeanaH

DeanaHSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does the job, but not perfect

It does the job, but isn't perfect.
The inner ring required replacing under recall, and it was easy enough to manage.
However, even with the new ring installed, the pressure cooker functionality is fiddly and can be quite difficult.
Cleaning the lid and ring is also a little difficult.
The slow cooker is easy to use however.
Recipe book is also helpful

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Rachell

Rachell

Excellent product. Highly recommend it and it is very convenient considering that you just leave and do other chores then few minutes you have a good food ready for the whole family. Enerhy saving and ot realky makes the food yummy and tender. We love having the slow cooker very convenient for us.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Kosh

KoshPerth

This is a fantastic kitchen appliance

This has been a very good kitchen appliance that does multiple jobs for me. It saves me washing as i can do all my cooking in here and its quite fast. I leave my food to cook and when i get back its been switched off automatically and ready to be served.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

MissL

MissLGold Coast

Really useful

Very handy to have. Stress free pressure cooking, timer and the sear function are really handy. Having to hand wash the lid is a bit of a pain, and the gasket seal absorbs flavours so it always smells of curry in our household. Despite this I’m glad we invested in it.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Breville
BrevilleBreville

Tracy

TracySydney

Loving it!

I got this as a gift over Christmas, so good! Making everything with it. Lots of fun to just throw whatever in there and let the cooker do all the work! haha. Highly recommend buying this. Good for just cooking rice too. Pre-set functions are quite intuitive. Aussie company also!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Ayo

AyoSydney

This is good

This product has served me well and I will like to recommend it to every home it is very comfortable and easy to use.
It is very easy to clean at all time
I am very satisfied with its features they are very suitable and easy to use the manual.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

DAS

DASMelbourne

Love this product

We liked it so much, we ended up buying a second one for our holiday home. Excellent slow cooker but the sear function and the pressure cooking function have also come in very handy. Easy to clean, no mess. Just make sure you don't take the pressure cooking lid off until all of the steam has been released. Highly recommend this product!

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Srikantha

SrikanthaSydney

Ideal for dinner after work

This was my first slow cooker. I was skeptical in the beginning thinking that I would just spend money, buy another gadget to sit on the kitchen bench. How wrong I was thinking this way. It is absolutely brilliant and I can cook juicy meat and chicken for the whole family to enjoy. I would highly recommend this product!

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Narran

NarranBrisbane

I absolutely cannot live without this

I absolutely cannot live without this. I use it every day for cooking dinner! Have not had any issues what so ever with this. My parents ended up buying one too. Cooks brown rice to perfection in just 15mins! I mainly use pressure cook function and works fantastic every time. Have made all sorts of dishes with this. Have also slow cooked but haven't used the steam function yet. I guess the only issue I have is that when slow cooking you cannot see your food inside and how its doing, and you can only set it to 6hrs or 8hrs, a 4hr function would be nice. Overall very happy with this.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

VMcclay

VMcclayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Use it for everything!

Best piece of kitchen equipment I have ever brought. I love that I can sauté/sear my food first in the same pot then slow cook or pressure cook something. All my dishes have had amazing flavors and I use it for just about everything you could think of! Can't live without it now

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Maxine

MaxineBrisbane

Brilliant Slow & Pressure Cooker

This has been one of the greatest purchases I have bought for my kitchen. I had a slow cooker for years & a separate pressure cooker but I never used the pressure cooker. Now I only use the pressure cooker part, the time it saves in cooking is great and it cleans up easily. Brilliant, I have encouraged others to buy

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Bebster

BebsterPerth, WA

Best slow & pressure cooker on the market

We absolutely love our slow cooker, being a mum to a toddler you really don't have the time to cook meals every day but with the slow cooker you just throw all the ingredients together cook it for 4 hours and you have a delicious meal ready! The good thing about the this cooker, you can fit 4 abs more portions and you'll have dinners for days ready

Date PurchasedApr 2017

GEM CLEAN

GEM CLEANBarragup

Easy to use and clean and the Sear function works well

After looking at a lot of reviews on all the multifunction cookers and then going in to see how easy they were to operate and clean ETC The most important issue for me was the Sear function before I slow cooked my meal, There are ones that claim to sear but it is more like stewing

Date PurchasedSep 2017

LynnieQ

LynnieQasked

Less than 2 yrs old. Have loved it but as of today will sear, but does not slow cook (left it to its own devices then came back five hours later- nothing..) or pressure cook. Disappointing as it is not especially cheap. Ant suggestions for a fix?

Maggie J.
Maggie J.

have you considered replacing the gasket?

LynnieQ

LynnieQasked

Breville
BrevilleBreville

Hello, We truly would like to assist with your pressure cooker. Can you please contact us so we can go over the options we have for you? Askus@breville.com.au

Koo Kat

Koo Katasked

We looking to purchase a Breville BPR650BSS but want to know whether the cooking pot is constructed from aluminium-based material ? We are aware of the health danger of alumunium cookware and so will not purchase alumunium-constructed cookware.

We checked Breville web site but found that its Full Specifications simply describes [Construction materials : Brushed Stainless Steel].

Does this mean that [Cooking pot] or [Trivet] or [Steaming Tray] are made from stainless steel ? Or does it mean every component (except the plastic bits) is made from stainless steel ?

It would go along way to build customer-trust if Breville could be a little more detailed in its "full specification of [Construction materials]. For us it would be the difference between a buy decision as opposed to a check another brand move !

PhilB

The steam pot for veges is stainless the trivet appears to be chrome plated and the cooking pot is non-stick which is as bad as straight aluminum poison wise. Any kuice from steaming tasted off. The coatibg also degrades over 6mths. At 12mths totally sticky rough. They should habe a stainless option like some American models.

Also one sensor gone bad at 18mths.

Maybe choose another brand?

They almost got it good...but missed.

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategorySlow Cookers and Pressure Cookers