Breville the Fast Slow Cooker BPR650

• Safety
  • Pressurising Speed
The Divine Miss L

The Divine Miss LQueensland

Great until it stops working

Was really happy with this, but after about a dozen times using it now it fails to pressurise about 75% of the time and I only find out at the end when no pressure releases and food isn’t cooked. Very frustrating when you need to get dinner on the table. I purchased an Instant Pot to replace it - it is so much easier to use than the Breville.

Purchased for $160.00.

Not happy

Not happy

Best and worse device

First time using it very happy. Second time the seal didn’t work and I couldn’t use the pressure function, when I had people over to cook for. Disappointing, it is going back and am going to buy another product.

Purchased in October 2020.

Richard

RichardGreat Southern, WA

Kaboom. Doesn’t seal properly, and exploded once

Frequently had seal issues. Cleaned seal thoroughly and carefully fitted lid.

Frequently loses pressure through the seal. Had it cooking once when the seal exploded spewing boiling liquid all over the wall. Fortunately it blew out the back towards the splash back not forwards where we would have been scolded.

So we are buying a brand new cooker, of another brand.

Safety
Pressure Cookers

Find out how Breville the Fast Slow Cooker BPR650 compares to other Pressure Cookers

Lis k

Lis kSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wouldn’t buy again

Purchased in December 2019 at Target Australia for $150.00.

Liam

LiamPerth, WA

Good until it died - Dreaded E2 error

Purchased in December 2016 at The Good Guys for $135.20.

MeganKirrawee

Does it all

The fast slow Pro has the convenience of being a slow cooker and a pressure cooker . It allows
You to sear saving time and also has a risotto feature which makes perfect risotto every time
It’s a kitchen appliance I could not live without - Meals always tasty and meat tender especially
Slow cooked lamb shoulder as
Pictured -
Perfect every time

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for $120.00.

Anne

AnneIllawarra, NSW

Very Useful

I have owned a FastSlow for 12 months. It is great. I cook a lot of soups and curries using a mix of pressure cooking and slow cooking meaning lots of flavour and keeps hot for eating at different times. Only difficulty is there is no temperature control on the sear feature.

Purchased in March 2018.

John J

John JGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Prefer an old-fashioned crockpot

Food comes out much more tastier using the slow cooker feature than the pressure cooker feature. Beef spare ribs using the pressure cooker function came out very chewy with not much taste.

In hindsight I should have just bought an old fashioned crock pot with a glass lid.

Purchased in February 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $169.00.

Pop-up

Pop-upBrisbane

The best slow cooker I have

Purchased in January 2016.

Rebecca

RebeccaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Started out great

The first 4 times I used it I loved BUT then, the lid would not seal. Got a replacement but still had the same issue. Ended up returning it and getting a refund. Very disappointed

Purchased in May 2019 at Big W for $120.00.

Lorel

LorelWhitianga

Pretty Good

Purchased in November 2018 for $199.00.

PhilBNew South Wales

27mths old....after a great start....died...

Purchased in January 2017 at Briscoes Panmure Auckland for $197.99.

DeanaH

DeanaHSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does the job, but not perfect

It does the job, but isn't perfect.
The inner ring required replacing under recall, and it was easy enough to manage.
However, even with the new ring installed, the pressure cooker functionality is fiddly and can be quite difficult.
Cleaning the lid and ring is also a little difficult.
The slow cooker is easy to use however.
Recipe book is also helpful

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Rachell

Rachell

Excellent product. Highly recommend it and it is very convenient considering that you just leave and do other chores then few minutes you have a good food ready for the whole family. Enerhy saving and ot realky makes the food yummy and tender. We love having the slow cooker very convenient for us.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Kosh

KoshPerth

This is a fantastic kitchen appliance

This has been a very good kitchen appliance that does multiple jobs for me. It saves me washing as i can do all my cooking in here and its quite fast. I leave my food to cook and when i get back its been switched off automatically and ready to be served.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

MissL

MissLGold Coast

Really useful

Very handy to have. Stress free pressure cooking, timer and the sear function are really handy. Having to hand wash the lid is a bit of a pain, and the gasket seal absorbs flavours so it always smells of curry in our household. Despite this I’m glad we invested in it.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Breville
BrevilleBreville
Tracy

TracySydney

Loving it!

I got this as a gift over Christmas, so good! Making everything with it. Lots of fun to just throw whatever in there and let the cooker do all the work! haha. Highly recommend buying this. Good for just cooking rice too. Pre-set functions are quite intuitive. Aussie company also!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Ayo

AyoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This is good

This product has served me well and I will like to recommend it to every home it is very comfortable and easy to use.
It is very easy to clean at all time
I am very satisfied with its features they are very suitable and easy to use the manual.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
DAS

DASMelbourne

Love this product

We liked it so much, we ended up buying a second one for our holiday home. Excellent slow cooker but the sear function and the pressure cooking function have also come in very handy. Easy to clean, no mess. Just make sure you don't take the pressure cooking lid off until all of the steam has been released. Highly recommend this product!

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Srikantha

SrikanthaSydney

Ideal for dinner after work

This was my first slow cooker. I was skeptical in the beginning thinking that I would just spend money, buy another gadget to sit on the kitchen bench. How wrong I was thinking this way. It is absolutely brilliant and I can cook juicy meat and chicken for the whole family to enjoy. I would highly recommend this product!

Date PurchasedOct 2017