Breville Flavour Maker BSC560

Breville Flavour Maker BSC560

MPNs: 35904498 and BSC560

Good sized family slow cooker

Good unit, can make a really big batch of our favourite slow cooked meal. The insert works well on the stove to brown meat first, it's also really easy to clean!

Moisture is locked in by the well fitting lid and there is no vent for steam. In my experience this is a good thing.

it would have been nice if the insert was cast iron and not non-stick coated aluminium and if the control knob didn't feel so delicate. With this being said, the price would likely be substantially more.

Overall I am happy with this purchase and would buy it again.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Pretty good - light not coming on 18 months old

I have been very happy with this slow cooker which I have had for 28 months, great to be able to sear however I fear I may have a faulty product as the light does not come in when i turn it on even though the element heats up. Am a little concerned to use it in case there is an electrical fault.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great Slow Cooker but our lid shattered!

Love the slow cooker, worked great cooked lots of meals in it...then our lid shattered after cleaning it (it was cool before cleaned) and we cant use it any more.
Replacement lid is around $50...half the price of a new one.... Just out of warranty also so its kinda a bummer.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Used everyday so far

At this point in time I have had this about a week. I have found it easy to clean after use. Bit concerned at how hard it appears to cook on low. Unlike others who have had meat dry out it is not a problem I have had as yet taking note to leave things like gravy beef in largish pieces. I don't use direct heat on the insert having small gas burners and direct heat in one small area is asking for trouble. Have not used the auto function as yet. The large 7lt insert is both a blessing and a bit of a pain. If you are doing a small amount just for 2 I do pay a lot more attention. All in all at this point in time I like this.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Fantastic except for cooking pot

I love this slow cooker - except for the cooking pan! The coating inside has deteriorated and to replace it as a spare part costs nearly as much as buying a new complete machine.
Moved house and now have induction cooktop so can’t use to sear anymore :(
Keep up with the times Breville and bring out a new model that you can do everything with.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Love the size and versatility

I received this slow cooker for Christmas and love it. I'll address what the downsides is it does cook faster than most slow cooker but I use this as a plus well when i forget to put it on early and the lack of keep warm function. Now for the best bit you can use this slow cooker on the stove top to seal your meat etc AND put it in the oven to brown off roasts (use this all the time). The pot itself is big I can fit a large chicken potatoes and carrots to feed 4 with left overs in it. I chose this slow cooker after lots of research as it's one of the few and certainly only one at it's price point that is large and can go from stove to slow cooker to oven. In short I love it the only things that could improve it would be a timer and keep warm function.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Love it!

I love that I can brown on the stovetop, which means less washing up and the flavour stays in the dish. The large capacity means I can cook double batches of food easily. The non-stick pan means an easy clean up. I will never go back to a slow cooker that I can't put on the stove.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Too large for me but you cannot beat this price.

I bought this slow cooker years ago and it was still running strong. The only downside I can complain is the size. I cannot find a smaller one in my local store so I have to buy this (maybe they have a smaller size elsewhere?). However, the price is good and it runs for years working good. So overall I still think this product deserves a 5 star.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Very good

Very nice machine, Easy and quick to use, makes great flavoured food.. I would recommend this to anyone. It is fabulous. Also very easy to clean, nice and compact on the bench top too. Excellent purchase. very nice to come home to hot meal in the evenings. Would definitely recommend it.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great slow cooker, even works as a rice cooker if you keep and eye on it

Definitely happy with the cooking results. We often leave this on while at work. Don't worry we have a stone bench and the wiring is very new in the house. The only thing that lets this down is the temp settings. I wish there was more of a range. Don't get me wrong I would definitely buy another one.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great time saver

One of the best i have used.it cooks great does not dry out meals .large bowl to fit enough for a large growing family .super easy to use and great to clean .am very happy with my purchase of this product .definitely would recommend this for large families it's great time saver.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Best Ever +++++

Bought this as wanted bigger slower cooker for beef ribs & its the best thing I have tried since sliced bread.
Easy to braise then slow cook even large roasts.
A lot quicker & better cooking results with more flavour than my smaller slow cooker.
Easy to clean.
Very happy with product +++++

Date PurchasedOct 2017

This is a great slow cooker.

We have been very happy with our slow cooker. It has huge capacity which suits our big family. We can feed a family of five and have well and truly enough for another meal for the freezer. It is so handy to be able to put it on the top of the stove to brown onions and meats and then transfer the whole thing for slow cooking. I can put it also straight from the unit on the table which means I don’t have much washing up.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Awesome product!

This is a large slow cooker. It easily holds a leg of lamb, which mine does on a regular basis. It holds it temperature well. You can put the insert on the stove top to brown your food before slow cooking it.
It’s very easy to clean.
My only negative is that the insert handles & the exterior do get hot, but knowing that you take precautions not to burn yourself.
I love this machine. It’s so large that you make extra & then freeze the leftovers.

Date PurchasedJul 2014

We have used this so much!

This Is great you can sear meat in the pot on the stove and then cook for up to 6 hours. We have used it for ribs, curries,red wine chicken. Such a great investment. We went for the larger size so we can freeze leftovers. Bought from Myer Sale such a bargain.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Wish I'd bought one earlier

Had been meaning to get a slow cooker for years. After some research I bought this one on sale for $99. I am extremely happy with the results. Love the fact that I can brown and sear on the cook top and then pop the pot into the slow cooker. Saves on washing up and mucking about. Perfect for a leg of lamb or a large piece of pork. Kids are getting a little tired of slow cooked curries and stews, but until they start cooking meals, too bad!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

It is a must have to any home chef!

I cook for my family on a daily basis. I always look for ways to make it easy for me to prepare nice home meals and save time. I have discovered a new chef that cooks for me and at the price is just amazing! This is a great product to have for any kitchen big or small!

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Many positives but cooks way too quickly for a slow cooker.

We bought this as we liked the large size and our current ceramic Breville slow cooker is over ten years old and could do with renewing.
The fact that you can use it on the hob is great, and saves on washing up, and the 7l size means you can cook larger meals. The one big thing that lets it down though is the heat it gets up to.
All previous slow cookers I have used have been just that - slow. You can put them on before bed and they can cook overnight, or you can put them on in the morning, go to work, and it's perfect when you get home.
With this model though, everything starts to bubble quite furiously and after 5 or so hours, even on low, everything is crusty, burnt and dry. Given this issue, the model should at least come with a timer, so you could set it to turn off after a few hours before everything burns.
So, in conclusion, if you're going to be home to supervise, get this. If you want to turn it on and go to bed or work, then look for a different model.
Oh, and I'm also a bit disappointed that it comes with a metal lid. All others I've seen have heavy glass ones that you can see through, but this you can't. This is not a huge issue, whereas the burnt food is!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Great value for time and money

Very happy with cooking results. Load, switch and go. Couldn't be any easier - its use and the method. Literally no prep is required. Comes with a warranty but we did not need to use it during the year. Equally easy to clean. It's not feature heavy - 1 dial - select and leave, but that's what you want!:) Gets used all winter;)

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Love the size

Love the size and the rectangular shape ,can make so much , only downfall for me doesn't work on induction cook tops no big deal .
Cooks very evenly , would be good if it did have a keep warm function . All in all happy and would recommend this above others

Date PurchasedJul 2017