Breville Flavour Maker BSC560

Breville Flavour Maker BSC560

MPNs: 35904498, BSC560 and BSC560BSS
Listing monitored by Breville

Pros

• Suitable for large families

• Pot is stovetop and oven safe

• Simple to use and clean

lozpeter30
lozpeter30Gungahlin 2912, ACT

so good you can sear and slow cook all in one

after five years, the unit is still non-stick and so easy to clean as well. is is easy to sear the meat or cook the onions in the slow cooker on the stovetop and then simply put it in the slow cooker unit and add the sauces and such low maintenance meal. well done Breville

Purchased in August 2015 for $150.00.

Mrs Obi
Mrs ObiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The best slow cooker ever

I bought my slow cooker 6 years ago and it has had a LOT of use in that time. Not sure why a guy would want it with a timer and think it isnt a slow cooker. It does a perfect job every time I use it. Much better than my old Kmart slow cooker which lasted less than a year. I have dont many casseroles, pulled pork, lamb shanks, puddings and many more things. I have never had any issues with the performance of the slow cooker at all. It is a fantastic size for a large family and I have loaded it to the top every time. If in doubt, try it out. You will not be disappointed. It is so easy to clean. I have never have any trouble cleaning it and it is as good as the day I bought it.

Purchased in June 2014.

A. Guy
A. GuyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No timer function makes it unusable.

Facts:
No idea what the product is like. It has no timer function so it cannot be used as a slow cooker.

-The rest of this review is opinion only.-

Literally worthless product. I didn't think to check for a timer function because a slow cooker without a timer is like a car without a steering wheel. Customer call centre got crappy with me as I read out the product code so I assume they get plenty of complaint calls about this product.

Purchased in February 2020 at myers for $159.95.

Nanny Cat
Nanny CatIllawarra, NSW

Great cooker but very short life

I loved the shape and size of this slow cooker and for the first year and a bit it worked very well. But, not long out of warranty it died

Purchased at Bing Lee for $139.00.

Loved my slow cooker at first

Worked great at first but it’s exactly the same as another review can be on 8 hours on high food still not cooked it’s a great size and fits perfectly into my kitchen drawer but disappointed it hasn’t lasted it still looks like new

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
NICJAMIE81
NICJAMIE81Sydney, NSW

Worked great at first but that was short lived

loved this when I first got it as no more browning in a separate pan then transferring it to the slow cooker. Noticed the coating on the insert started to bubble after a few uses but was still ok. In the 16 months I have had it I have only used it about 10-12 times and it is already broken. On the high setting it is not even cooking things properly after 6 hours, it will not get hot enough. Tried it one last time last night and after being on for 2 hours on high the contents was about the same temp as hot water from a tap. I had to fish out my old slowcooker from the garage and wash it up and transfer everything into that to cook dinner. Extremely disappointed with this product to not even last longer than 1.5 years.

Purchased in January 2018 at Myer Retail Stores for $189.00.

bzerk86
bzerk86Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good sized family slow cooker

Good unit, can make a really big batch of our favourite slow cooked meal. The insert works well on the stove to brown meat first, it's also really easy to clean!

Moisture is locked in by the well fitting lid and there is no vent for steam. In my experience this is a good thing.

it would have been nice if the insert was cast iron and not non-stick coated aluminium and if the control knob didn't feel so delicate. With this being said, the price would likely be substantially more.

Overall I am happy with this purchase and would buy it again.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Pretty good - light not coming on 18 months old

I have been very happy with this slow cooker which I have had for 28 months, great to be able to sear however I fear I may have a faulty product as the light does not come in when i turn it on even though the element heats up. Am a little concerned to use it in case there is an electrical fault.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Other Slow Cookers

Great Slow Cooker but our lid shattered!

Love the slow cooker, worked great cooked lots of meals in it...then our lid shattered after cleaning it (it was cool before cleaned) and we cant use it any more.
Replacement lid is around $50...half the price of a new one.... Just out of warranty also so its kinda a bummer.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Snowyowl
Snowyowl

Used everyday so far

At this point in time I have had this about a week. I have found it easy to clean after use. Bit concerned at how hard it appears to cook on low. Unlike others who have had meat dry out it is not a problem I have had as yet taking note to leave things like gravy beef in largish pieces. I don't use direct heat on the insert having small gas burners and direct heat in one small area is asking for trouble. Have not used the auto function as yet. The large 7lt insert is both a blessing and a bit of a pain. If you are doing a small amount just for 2 I do pay a lot more attention. All in all at this point in time I like this.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
VVH
VVH

Fantastic except for cooking pot

I love this slow cooker - except for the cooking pan! The coating inside has deteriorated and to replace it as a spare part costs nearly as much as buying a new complete machine.
Moved house and now have induction cooktop so can’t use to sear anymore :(
Keep up with the times Breville and bring out a new model that you can do everything with.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Sarah
SarahSydney

Love the size and versatility

Date PurchasedDec 2017
ajp94
ajp94Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love it!

I love that I can brown on the stovetop, which means less washing up and the flavour stays in the dish. The large capacity means I can cook double batches of food easily. The non-stick pan means an easy clean up. I will never go back to a slow cooker that I can't put on the stove.

Date PurchasedJune 2015
SeanYC
SeanYCHOBART

Too large for me but you cannot beat this price.

I bought this slow cooker years ago and it was still running strong. The only downside I can complain is the size. I cannot find a smaller one in my local store so I have to buy this (maybe they have a smaller size elsewhere?). However, the price is good and it runs for years working good. So overall I still think this product deserves a 5 star.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Jay
Jay

Very good

Very nice machine, Easy and quick to use, makes great flavoured food.. I would recommend this to anyone. It is fabulous. Also very easy to clean, nice and compact on the bench top too. Excellent purchase. very nice to come home to hot meal in the evenings. Would definitely recommend it.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Read more reviews - page 2

Jan b
Jan basked

Can I cook a smaller amount in this cooker all the recipes in the book are enormous

Patricia W
Patricia Wasked

Can you put the insert into the oven with the silicone handles?

Penny M.
Penny M.

The Manual states that you can.

Libbu
Libbuasked

Can I slow cook rice on auto?

See all Breville Flavour Maker BSC560 questions

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

Features

The size

An impressive 7-litre capacity makes the Breville Flavour Maker 560 a perfect pick for slow cooking a high volume of food. It’s suitable for families of 4-6 people, or less if you prefer having plenty of leftovers. The size is also great if you entertain frequently.

If regularly cooking 7 litres of food is a bit much for you, the smaller Breville Flavour Maker BSC 500 features a 5-litre capacity, which is large enough for most households.

One pot functionality

The Breville Flavour Maker features a convenient and time-saving design. It’s fitted with a removable EasySear pan, which can be taken out and used to sear foods on the stovetop.

Once you’re done, just pop the pan back inside the appliance. Hot, seared foods are now primed for being slow cooked more efficiently.

The EasySear pan is useful in its multi-functionality, as it can also be used to re-heat and roast foods in the oven.

Easy to use and clean

There are three simple settings on the Breville Flavour Maker: low, high, and auto. They’re activated using a simple dial system.

The glass lid is dishwasher safe, while the ability to remove the pot makes it easy to wash in the sink.

Points of praise

• Reviewers loved the generous capacity of this Breville slow cooker, saying that it was ideal for cooking for a large family. Others stated that while they had a smaller household size, they enjoyed storing leftovers in the freezer afterwards.
  • Home chefs prepared a variety of hearty dishes using this slow cooker, including lamb, stews, curries and puddings.
  • This slow cooker is designed with a a tight-fitting lid, which seals in moisture and prevents food from drying out.
  • Plenty of reviewers reported that the Breville Flavour Maker 560 is extremely easy to clean.

Points to consider

• Some reviewers found that the ‘low’ heat setting didn’t cook foods as effectively as it could.
  • While the EasySear pot is compatible with most stovetops, it’s unable to be used on induction stovetops.
CategorySlow Cookers