Breville Lift & Look Pro BTA720 / BTA730

Breville Lift & Look Pro BTA720 / BTA730

BTA730 (4 Slice), BTA720 (2 Slice)

• Even Toasting Yes (7) · No (3)

Michael MacRichmond-Tweed, NSW

waste of money

I make my own bread so wanted a four slice toaster to toast larger slices. I won't be buying Breville again. The setting controls don't give great results but worse is the push down lever to start toasting is a cheap mechanism and broke not long after buying it. I have to hold it down now to keep it on. Rubbish item.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores.

Alpal

Alpalsydney

Useless

The toaster never stays down, I need to click it and push it again and again, sometimes up to ten times just to brown one piece of toast. In addition the lights come on at random times, even when not being used.
One more thing to note - the publicity pics show the toast being raised high out of the toaster - in fact you can raise the toast only an extra centimetre above the normal height (just have a look on Breville's publicity pics - the side pics show there's only a short distance above the rest position of the lever that it can be raised). I'm so tired of having to play "flick up the lever quickly to catch the toast in mid air before it falls in again".

Died after 2 years. No warranty replacement. Unhappy customer.

It was a bit slow but fine until it just packed up after 2.5 yrs. Breville offered us 40% off new toaster but wouldn’t stand by any of their toasters to last. We expected way more life. Just not good enough. No more Breville for us.

Purchased in January 2018 at Myer for A$85.00.

Toasters

Find out how Breville Lift & Look Pro BTA720 / BTA730 compares to other Toasters

Burnt-Twice

Burnt-TwiceAU

After 3 Years Works Like A Charm

Bought this beauty in May 2017 for $99 from Bing Lee.

Has toasted evenly and perfectly every time. Crumpet setting is awesome, as is the "bit more" function.

Occasionally it doesn't hold down on first press but a 2nd gentle press and it's locked firmly in place.

Purchased in May 2017 at Bing Lee Physical store for A$99.00.

Kathy McGiffen

Kathy McGiffenSydney, NSW

Last Breville toaster ever

Like most reviews here, we loved this expensive toaster for the first couple of years, until it started refusing to keep the bread down long enough to toast. Pops up randomly after a random time, from a few seconds to half done. Just out of the 1 year warranty, (which is ridiculous for a toaster, which independent sites say should last 6-8 years). We have always used Breville, but will be reluctant to purchase their products in the future, based on this experience.

Purchased for A$150.00.

Glenn d J

Glenn d JSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great toaster but doesn’t last long

Just like everyone else , this toaster doesn’t last more than a 14 months , don’t buy one . Unless you only expect a toaster that lasts one year stay away from this one , good design but terrible quality .

Purchased in January 2019.

peeved1

peeved1Perth, WA

Not a good toaster

I bought one of these toasters when they first came out, wasnt cheap but worked really well. I recently replaced it with the same model and am very disappointed with it, it doesn't toast like the first one did, if you turn it up too high it burns the bread but doesn't toast on the lower settings. Wont be buying another one.

Purchased in April 2019 for A$168.00.

IrishPat

IrishPatCanberra 2600, ACT

Like it and have bought twice but also broken twice

Highly recommend when you buy it buy the extended warranty. I am on the second one I've purchased however I've had 3 altogether as one was replaced under warranty. The first one the element went in the right hand side. The second one (free warranty replacement) the button on the right (the side I use most failed) - I must admit I've pressed that button 3000 times. The third one the element has gone again. I will probably buy again but would like a product that lasts a long time not just 3-5 years. Next time longest extended warranty I can get and I won't lose the receipt.

Purchased in February 2016 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$140.00.

Shushila

ShushilaSydney, NSW

Perfect for a couple

I haven't had a toaster for some time now and we invested in the Breville 'Lift & Look' Pro. I love the ease of the settings, can stop it anytime at the press of a button, 'cancel'. I mainly use it for toasting fresh bread, sometimes the top of the bread is over toasted compared to the end. Can over toast if the toaster is used more than once, so I automatically reduce the setting. Toasts crumpets and they come out fine.

josjos13

josjos13Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Both sides cooked PERFECT and Crumpet setting.

Purchased in February 2019 at Myer Online Store.

Bel

BelAU

two replacements in 16 months. Rubbish.

Don't bother. First replacement was 9 months after purchase. Stopped working all together. Second replacement was 7 months later - only one side would toast. Great when it worked but poor quality and wholly unreliable. Buy any toaster but this one. Couldn't be worse.

Purchased in February 2018 at Peter's of Kensington for A$150.00.

Sharleen

SharleenCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Warranty expires and the toaster expires with it!

When we purchased this toaster it was exactly what we wanted! For 12 months it worked like a charm- We are a family of 5 and we used it regularly. Within 6 weeks of the warranty expiring (12 months) the toaster handle won’t hold down. In order to use the toaster, you have to stand with it (while in use) and hold the handle down in place for it to toast! I would NOT recommend this toaster- it’s not with the price tag!

Purchased in April 2018 at Myer for A$119.00.

harry.cheung.790

harry.cheung.790Sydney, NSW

Expensive toaster for just two years life span

Paid $99 for this toaster in Myer two years ago. Recently it just pop the toasts up whenever it feels like it. Now it does not stay down at all.
I always went for the Breville brand for kitchen appliances and thought it was a good brand. Very disappointing. Now I shall look at some other brands for my appliances in the future.

Purchased in February 2017 at Myer for A$99.00.

Worst toaster I've had!

My biggest issue with this toaster is that the toasting time is all over the place. It just pops up whenever it wants to. Sometimes it will beep at me & not stay down at all. Other times it will stay down for 10 seconds, other times 60 seconds. You can never predict it! It's very frustrating when you are busy getting the kids ready for school & you have to keep running back to the toaster to push it back down again.

Considering it was not a cheap toaster, I expected a lot better. Next time I will get a standard toaster without the fancy functions.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

GizzyduckSouth East Queensland, QLD

LOVE IT

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Shari

Shari

Even toasting and fits large sourdough slices

This toaster is stylish and has a lot of handy features, including a 'little bit more' function for when you don't want to re-start the process. There is also a progress bar that shows you how far along in the cooking process you are. Overall though, our favourite feature of this toaster is the even heating. Plus it is the perfect size for larger bits of bread (or 4 standard size).

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Netski

NetskiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Premature ejection

Bought this toaster 17 months ago and in the beginning it was quite good apart from the annoying several times it would beep at me and wouldn't let me put my bread down?? It now only toasts my bread when it feels like it.The back element doesn't heat up all the time.I thought I had purchased the bee's knees of toasters....WHAT A BUST

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Amanda

Amanda

Faulty Product

Toasts for five or ten seconds and then pops up regardless of applied setting. You need to stand near the toaster and keep pushing it down to collect your burnt toast. Waste of money and would recommend avoiding this product at all costs. Totally ripped off by Breville. Will not be purchasing Breville in the future.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
bunker90

bunker90

Expensive Landfill

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Buzzin' Dozen

Buzzin' DozenSouth East Queensland, QLD

13 Months old Big spark and died !

Worked fine for the first few months then started burning toast on same low setting every now and then. Eventually, just after a year, flashed a big spark and cut off power in the house.

Harvey Norman advised to contact Breville at which point you realise what you're dealing with. They basically could not give a ......

Do yourself a favour and DO NOT BUY a Breville.

Date PurchasedSep 2017