Breville Tea Maker BTM800

Breville Tea Maker BTM800

MPN: BTM800

RichardWestern Australia

love it

We have had ours for about 5 and half years now, use it every day, sometimes up to 6 times a day on my days off. Set it every night so I wake up to a fresh pot of tea. Use it for black teas as well as green. Yes expensive but if you like a perfect cup of tea then its worth every cent.
It has moved house with us 3 times from the remote desert back to Perth.

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Alex

AlexSydney

Unproved stainless steel material, bought two and both stop working in 1 year

Date PurchasedJan 2017
originalkfc

originalkfc

Great concept. Limited practical use

The product works as intended and does brew herbal teas very well at different temperatures. When brewing aromatic teas such as Japanese sencha, much of the aroma escapes from the spout of the tea pot. For very strong teas, such as Earl Gray, the tea pot retains the smell of the bermagot.

After 3 years of ownership, I find that I mainly use it as a variable temperature tea pot, for which it does a great job. I will then use a Japanese teapot to brew the tea. I do find that it is useful for tea-parties and brewing large volumes of tea and ensuring that I don’t forget to take out the leaves.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Chris C

Chris CMelbourne

Great until it broke

Date PurchasedOct 2014

JeffK

JeffKLara

5 Years+, 3 pots per days, sadly its died.

My drug of choice is Tea, our BTM800 has been my main supplier for over 5 years without a problem until it gave up this week.
Roughly 5000+ pots, never a problem.
We rarely gave it a good clean, some good solid rinses after using a Tea which left a flavour behind. The basket got a more regular clean but never sparkling.
Great machine, now to find a replacement!

Date PurchasedOct 2012

Christina

ChristinaSydney

Love it!

I simply LOVE this! I actually use it every single day, it keeps the tea warm, you can set it to do it automatically in the morning so you have tea ready in the morning. I love it and I don't think I can go back to the normal kettle. The ONLY downside to this is cleaning it.. it's not a cleaning-friendly!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Clau68

Clau68Blackburn

Excellent tea pot.

We are big tea drinkers and we find this tea pot very useful, you just put in the water add the little basket with the tea leaves & press the buttons to control the water temperature and the infusion time and nothing else to do. You can also use it to just boil water and I find it easy to clean.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Meerkat

MeerkatGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Green tea / hot water - does a great job

Date PurchasedAug 2015
MPK

MPKSydney, NSW

Excellent product, been solid for 5 years

We have been using the tea maker on average twice a day for the last five years. I have found it to be solidly built and its been working perfectly since purchase. My only criticism of the product would be if the warmer function lasted for more than 1 hour.

Date PurchasedMar 2012

Amazing Appliance

I don't usually like gadgets, but because I'm a big tea lover my kids got this for me for Mother's Day. I've had it for 2 years, no problems at all. Best features are that it doesn't over brew or "stew" the tea, also the keep warm feature. Love it and use it every day.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

AndyT

AndyT

Breville make some great products

Perfect cup every time. More than one cup, with 'keep warm', the second is as good as the first (not over stewed). Wake in the morning to a fresh pot, ready to pour. Had to up the brew time from the default, but this was easily changed. The unit gets heavy use also boilling water for coffee, milo, bag herbal infusions and cooking hot water.

Date PurchasedDec 2011

Works as specified, but not durable and unrepairable

Have 2 of the the tea maker in 2 years. It works functionally as per specification, but both base plate units die after a year. The base plate unit is non repairable and has to be replaced as a whole. The second one has been used as a kettle only and not for making tea.

Currently ordered a replacement base plate. This comes as a spare part and the warranty is only 3 months. If this new plate dies again within a year, will never buy it again.

Date PurchasedOct 2014
Breville
BrevilleBreville

Hi Peter - the design team receives these notifications and appreciates feedback. Thanks, the Breville team

Peter
Peter

Two Breville Tea Makers quit working.

Ellen

Ellen

Replacement still working

Best thing i ever purchased

My wife and I bought this unit back in Nov 2010 and have used it 7 days a week ever since. It makes the same cup of Tea time after time and if anything I love this Tea Maker more now than the day we purchased it. Some light cleaning every-now and then to keep the tannin stains under control is all that's required. It's been bullet proof and has hopefully many more cups of tea ahead of it. I've even been thinking of buying a second one just in case!

just perfect

not only looks, it is the best tea maker. The settings are vast and helpful. It is well designed to be a beautiful piece in the kitchen and has the best flavor and taste outcome you seek in a soothing cup of tea
I freakin love it !

Broken after 2years

Same story as with others, was great while working, still love it, still remember taste of tea, but only two years for this price, that's not good !?? There must be some very specific technical issue or production problem. Go dead timing is too regular. Would like to hear from people who successfully replaced it.

Breville
BrevilleBreville

Hi Richswie - our customer service team can advise local service agents if that's of interest. Please call 1300139698. Thanks, the Breville team

Geoff

GeoffSydney

broke just after warranty ended

I would suggest the review is on Breville its self. The Tea maker lasted only 2 years, and like so many others in this review, it just stopped working. Breville staff gave a corteous, "too bad, its just out of warranty. There is nothing we can do". Well, if I have time I will follow up with Choice for their opinion. As somebody mentioned, very expensive cups of tea!

Perfect tea maker

We are tea lover and this tea maker provides the best quality tea with natural taste and aroma. It has various options to match individuals taste and preference. In spite of various functions it is easy to use. Most importantly it is safe and easy to clean. We r really happy with this product.

glenina

glenina

For the serious tea drinker.

George

Georgeasked

My Breville tea maker BTM800XL is not boiling water anymore all the buttons are functional and beep when I press them.
Anybody knows how to make it work.

Richard

we have had trouble with ours, basket going up and down and a few other things, 24 hours unplugged on something that will soak up any moisture helps

freshsom_2006

freshsom_2006asked

Glass was broken while I was cleaning in sink after I used it straight away with hot water under the tap .Sent to be fix under warrantee. Company refused and told me that this is physical damage. I hit something. My experience any glass can be broken due to changing in hot temperature from hot to cold water and this usually occurs with normal glass as well when they cracked . I am so disappointed and I won’t buy this brand anymore. Since I has been using this brand for long time and I am not happy with this situation which is not my fault and they accused me of wrong doing. And I just bought it only 4 months .

Lisa

Lisaasked

It seems to be stuck in the basket cycle. How do I get it to grew?

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategoryElectric Kettles