3Breville Crepe Creations BCP200

3.3

racqNO
racqNOSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

This unit is crap

When it worked out of the box was great, but the pleasure only lasted maybe 15 minutes. the unit turned off never to come back alive again.
it's not the thermostat as I waited till the unit got stone cold. still nojoy.
It's not even good for a paper weight.  Show details
Jean-Claude
Jean-ClaudeVictoria2 posts

Prefect crepes

Breville Crepe Creations make perfectly thin crepes. In Mauritius we make coconut crepes and this Fantastic appliance cooks the crepes perfectly thin to accomodate a perfect blend of Crepe and Coconut mix. Memories of Home in every bite. Thanks Breville - Good Job. Show details
Allan Visser
Allan Visser4 posts

A Great Pancake and Piklet Maker

This product is fantastic where making pancakes are concerned. I have tried one and the pancakes are fantastic and delicious. The spreader works great, however those who used it say otherwise must not be using it properly. Overall a fantasic pancake maker! Show details
VeraDobrich
VeraDobrichAU18 posts

Very good appliance BUT spreader is useless

We tried out our new Breville Crepe Creations BCP200 yesterday for the first time. The spreader is definitely useless and 5 people in our family tried, unsuccessfully, to make a nice looking crepe. We went through a lot of batter in the process and lost patience with the whole thing. The spreader is uneven, has a ridge along the bottom which drags and tears through the crepe. Breville, could you please provide a tutorial video on how to use this spreader. OR alternatively, could you send us a bamboo one instead which is without ridges which would make the crepe maker a worthwhile investment. Pity to think that such a "cheaply" manufactured piece of plastic would dampen our excitement to use the appliance again.

Marty
MartyHobart, TAS2 posts

Great for pancakes and crepes

We bought our machine nearly 10 years ago after visiting Paris and were keen to try our hand at cooking crepes similiar to what we had seen overseas. My initial efforts at spreading the crepe batter (Basic crepe recipe - pg 12) with the plastic spreader were very 'hit & miss' but after a little experimentation I quickly mastered the technique. If you need to consistently make great pancakes or crepes this machine is highly recommended!

One of our most loved kitchen appliances...

S A M
S A MAdelaide3 posts

Great! Breakfast made easy

The Breville Crepe Creation is better and more versatile than I expected. I do seem to only use temperature level 1 which is the perfect heat setting for crepes, pancakes and scrambled eggs. This product is very easy to clean and was a reasonably good price around $50 at Myer.

Becks
Becks2 posts

Love it!

One of the most versatile appliances in my kitchen. Easy to store, takes up very little bench space and heats up instantly. If you look after the surface, it stays pristine. We cook crepès, fritters, bacon and eggs, meat strips etc on it. A reasonable price and I buy them for gifts for everyone!

Annie
Annie2 posts

Excellent product

I was looking for this product since long time found it on myers online click and collect for $47 paid it online, collected at myers macquauri park, gives out lovely crepes out of any batter. doesn't stick, doesnt get burnt. I will recommend this product for amazing crepes any time you desire.

Gina
GinaAdelaide6 posts

Good crepe machine

Very good machine, would have to agree about the plastic spreader in that it is useless. But bought a wooden one for 5 bucks and all was well. The manual setting recommends 2 setting, but 1 is more than enough. It would also be handy to have a 2-end brusher, where one end brushes water on the plate to clean it and then another end to use to brush either oil or butter before squirting the batter onto the plate for a more even crepe when spreading with wood spreader. Yummy crepes, indeed. Happy happy happy..

Annie
AnnieVictoria11 posts

Great Crepe Maker, but batter spreader is useless

The crepe maker itself is great, heats very quickly and evenly. Cooks crepes very well. Recipe book is good.

But the plastic spreader is useless, it's not level, so simply doesn't spread the batter. It would have been better not to have the spreader at all than be so frustrated with it. Also, the slide control is rather flimsy.

Breville have just said they will send me a new batter spreader - thanks!

Show details ·  2

Esther
EstherPaekakariki3 posts

oz_reviewer15 posts

Great multi-purpose hot plate and DOSA maker!

Was in the market for a crepe maker to try South Indian dosa (savoury rice crepes). I was impressed by this machine. It makes so thin crepes and heats up reasonably quick. Very even heating. I make omelettes and even toast bread on it. It seems to be well made. It cannot be washed but the surface can be wiped down when cooled. Overall great value for money! Anyone interested in making South Indian dosa should consider this. Availability appears to be very limited and I came across similar homebrand product in Kmart.

RobinSydney, NSW11 posts

Very useful appliance!

An excellent appliance not just for crepes but multipurpose cooking of pancakes, blinis etc. I rashly bought the Crepe Maker AND the Pancake Maker but the I found the Crepe Maker much easier for making crepes, all size pancakes and entree size blinis. Am very happy with this appliance and will be selling my Pancake Maker.
Best feature is the temperature selection control (doesn't have this on the Pancake Maker).
 Show reply
Annjosworld
AnnjosworldVIC, 302926 posts

Desert wonder

If you want to make crepes and pancakes like professionals, you have to buy this.

It's so easy to use and clean. Done in seconds. The crepe recipe in the instruction book is really good, too. Perfect soft and moist crepe.

Pancakes too turn out great, unlike cooking on the stove.

With the T shape utensil, it even out the batter thinly. Most importantly, you do not need any butter or oil to cook!

I have cooked the savoury favour too, such as Hawaiian favour i.e. Cheese, egg, pineapple and hams. The crepe maker works wonders.
Reliable, healthy