5Breville Smart Waffle BWM620 / BWM640

4.2

sleuthPop
sleuthPop
  BWM640

Perfect wwaffle maker UNTIL the no-stick coating peels

1st waffle maker lasted 16 months before the non-stick coating peeled, the replacement lasted 6 months before the non-stick coating peeled. Breville replaced both units but stated Breville would not replace any more units. All care and cleaning performed according to Breville instructions, only conclusion...poor design or poor Chinese quality control? Show details
LukeJ
LukeJSydney, NSW10 posts
  BWM640

Biggest problem is that I want to use it all the time

I was skeptical about whether to buy the 4 slice unit or the cheaper/smaller 2 slice, but this machine is amazing and well worth the extra spend. It pumps out perfect waffles every time. The overflow trough works well and I'm yet to have a bad experience with this machine. Expect Brevilles usual high quality finishes and stunning looks. It's a quality product. Show details
Mortishia
DBOSouth East Queensland, QLD88 posts
MissyMoo
MissyMooDarwin4 posts
  BWM640

Best waffle maker you can buy

Initially purchased on a whim after trialing this at a hotel for buffet breakfast. if you like waffles this is the best maker you can buy with easy cleanup, less spill and more precise measuring of batter with the supplied cup. Allows for extra time for browning which is great if you want to have a pale waffle so you can freeze and re-toast later. Versatile use, rosti turns out perfect.

jhui
jhuiSydneyAustralia3 posts
  BWM640

the best waffle at home !

i have had this for almost 2 years now and like it very much. It makes great waffles, also It makes the perfect Belgian waffles too . my kids is really love it! we will never eat at another house of waffles again! We get creative and festive with it by adding fruits and whip cream. We haven't perfected it yet but it is still delicious and keeps the money in our pockets .

Sharon W
Sharon WMelbourne
  BWM640

My search for the perfect waffle machine is over!

I've never written a review in my life but these were worth mentioning. The best waffle machine creating crispy exteior and fluffy interior with an all over even colour due to its even heat distribution. Also waffles made with other machines requires them to be further crispened up in the oven, but the waffles made with the Waffle Pro can be eatened straight away, no further crisping required. I was skeptical about their recipes but the belgian waffle recipe was soo good and had a great aroma. Money well spent!

DMa
DMa2 posts

Disappointed - no variable temperature

Based on the great reviews, I bought this. It is much more expensive than other waffle makers and for that money I would expect to be able to vary the temperature at which waffles are cooked. However you can only vary the time. So far all my waffles are coming out either too dark or undercooked. Very disappointed and will go back to my tefal waffle maker having wasted $250.

Libby H
Libby H2 posts
  BWM640

We’ve been turned into waffle-adicts!

After buying a cheap (under $30) waffle maker that was recommended by a friend (and being bitterly disappointed), the hunt was on for the best waffle make we could find! Although quite expensive, we have not been disappointed with the BWM640, and have experimented with so many flavours - apple/cinnamon/walnut is the current fave! We make double batches and freeze them (just need to thaw slightly before toasting so the middle warms up), and often find the flavour improves on fresh. Being able to set the machine and wait for the beep saves having to keep checking on readiness, especially when cooking for a crowd!

Another breville success for us!

wuilley
wuilleyAU3 posts
liegewafflelover
liegewafflelover
  BWM620

Love it

After lots of research - I bought this waffle maker and I have to say, it is excellent.

It churns out perfect waffle after perfect waffle.

I'm still experimenting with recipes - but the waffle maker itself is definitely a winner. If you love waffles and you can afford it - this is worth the investment.

Shenjen
ShenjenMelbourne11 posts

Used 1st time so cant give accurate review

Bought from Myer store in Ebay last month but started using today. Heard sparked sound 5x so has it replaced w/o any hassle instore. I have been using Breville BWM520 and has been excellent so decided to change to this model becoz i have read good reviews and this model has sensor cooking!

Breville
Breville   DM

Hi Shenjen - thanks for your comments and let us know how your waffle maker goes. Thanks, the Breville team

twkitch
twkitchPerth, WA32 posts

Great waffle maker but

Waffle maker worked great still does with the exception that the timer doesn't automatically start anymore which is a shame.

Most of my appliances are Breville love the products but a little disappointed the timer has failed.

Have to press the restart button to get the timer started. I think I read other people also had the same problem shame they hadn't rectified the repeating issue

Show details ·  1

fingronnsw30 posts

Beyond expectations

I used a gluten free recipe from a website [link removed] on the first batch the waffles were wonderful. I lightly sprayed both surfaces and there was total release of all 4 waffles. It is important to measure half a cup per waffle (in the cup supplied) otherwise the mixture can spill into the surrounding tray which is designed to catch overflow. It is not cheap but we bought with frequent flyer points which eased the price pain. It is just so simple to use & we love it.

Show details ·  2

Sandy
Sandy · Smart Waffle BWM620 / BWM640

Hi, we have been frequently using this waffle maker now for about 2 years and really love it. To experiment further I’d like to know the max temperature the maker generates. Thanks

Annette
Annette · Smart Waffle BWM620 (2 Slices)

How can I prevent belgian waffles from burning on the outside and undercooking on the inside? I have had my waffle maker for just over two years and for the bulk of this time the maker worked beautifully. However, for the last few months our belgian waffles are either burnt on the outside or undercooked on the inside. Is there something I can do to fix this? I purchased mine in Canada so not sure where I can send this to to fix it but by now it's certainly out of warranty.

Adriano
Adriano · Smart Waffle BWM620 (2 Slices)

What's the difference between the 620 and 640? Is it just that the 640 makes 4 waffles? Can I make potato waffles with both?

Breville
Breville   DM

With reviewers dropping lines like ‘fluffy inside and beautiful, crunchy and golden outside’ and ‘I have turned into a waffle monster,’ the Breville Smart Waffle is a prime kitchen contender if you’re a fan of waffles done wonderfully.

Features:

• Four cooking plates allow you to make four waffles in each cooking session
  • Made from a solid brushed stainless steel exterior, cast aluminium cooking plates and a non-stick coating to resist sticky batters from making a congealed mess
  • Breville’s ‘Waffle IQ’ technology automatically selects the correct cooking time, after you select from 5 waffle styles: Belgium, Classic, Chocolate, Buttermilk and a customisable option
  • 12 different colour settings allow you to choose how light or dark you’d like your dessert to turn out
Compare all Breville Smart Waffle BWM620 / BWM640 listings