4Breville Crisp Control Waffle Maker BWM250

4.2

Gen X
Gen XPerth, WA12 posts

Easy to use

Quirky, a bit of fun, easy to use and clean. I have had no issues using this maker, however there are some expectations about the outcome that separates it from larger units. The density of the waffle is less and while that seems a negative, your using less batter mix than a conventional maker... but still getting a good product. I use a cooking oil spray on the plates before each use and cook near the full temp level. Its not fast but it also has a reasonable time for domestic use. Serving up as a whole or as individual pieces makes it versatile. I'm always a fan of appliances that don't take up too much cupboard real estate too. Show details
Michael
MichaelAU78 posts

Twshirley
TwshirleySouth East Queensland, QLD16 posts

Years on still works well

We have had this product for a few yours now. Not used a ton, but it works well when we need it.
The crisp control is a good feature, although we haven’t moved the setting once we worked out our sweet spot.
I like the heart-shaped design - just a little more interesting than the round shape.
One weird thing we found is that it doesn’t work with commercial mix. We’ve done so twice and both times the mix got seriously stuck to the surface, making broken, ugly, if not no waffles!
Plastic handle part feels a little cheap and gets warm but doesn’t overheat.
Family
FamilyGippsland, VIC20 posts

Yummy Waffles

We use this weekly. Love making cinnamon waffles. Use for sweet or savoury. Whole family enjoys them with a variety of toppings. Easy use and cleanup. Great with adjustable temp. Allows for more control.
Freddy jaybee
Freddy jaybeeSouth East Queensland, QLD33 posts

Love it

This little machine is perfect for our needs,never made so many waffles lol
Purchased about 18 months ago from appliances online.
Heats up fast, never sticks. Only thing is you have to move your arm out o the way on top when you open it otherwise you get steam burn. Wish they could have put a side handle on it to avoid this. I have a great waffle recipe,thick,crispy and tasty. Depends on what recipe is used to get a good result,trial and error Show details
Anita
Anita4 posts

Best waffle maker I've used

It does what it says it will do. You can adjust the crisp settings to make them real crispy. A pro tip, use a little cornflour in your waffle better if you want them light and crispy. The only downside is if your batter expands a lot or is more than a half cup measurement, it overfill and leaks a doughy substance. Also its a bit hard to clean when it gets stuck in the back but overall cleaning is fairly straightforward. The waffles produced are on the thinner side but if you prefer thicker waffles it doesn't make them. Still the best waffle maker I've used as I hate soggy waffles and it allows me to control the crisp levels.
Review
Review2 posts

Waffles don’t stick, but are thin and dense

Used my usual waffle mixture. The waffles cooked evenly and come out of the machine easily, but they are so thin and dense. I will try once more, and if i get the same results, willI look for a new waffle maker. Any suggestions? I liked my old sunbeam one, but they don’t seem to do it anymore.....prior to that I had an electric cast iron one which was amazing but died as it was so old.
Wouldn’t recommend this machine. Show details
Breville
Breville   DM

Very often we've found that recipes result in the variety of results experienced, have you had a chance to try one of the recipes from the instruction book?

Bel
BelBrisbane

Frustrated and dissapointed

I purchased this more expensive waffle maker from a well known Company with the expectation of it lasting for years.

It is now just over a year old and for the last month or so I have had issues with waffles sticking. When I checked warranty it had just expired. I have adjusted setting, I have adjusted batter nothing has worked and it progressively got worse. Today is the last time it is going in the trash, I have had to use a knife to get them out. The batter was completely wasted. I can't afford this, so I will not be purchasing this again.

JOC2 posts

Disappointing results as machine gets older

Found that waffles started sticking to the non stick surface. I do use my machine a lot, and am very disappointed that I will have to replace my machine so soon. It’s only just over a year old. I have followed all cleaning instructions. I won’t buy this product again.

MortishiaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA188 posts

A treat for the whole family

Always wanted one but thought it’d be too much f a hassle as opposed to making pancakes. Well, I stand corrected, the ease of making waffles was surprising. Followed the basic recipe and to our delight, the family totally enjoyed. Thought the quantity amount would not be enough as it only makes 6, though I squeezed 7 and was planning to double recipe next time. There is no need to double quantity as this was a perfect amount. We even split the last one with tummies full.

Happy customer to the waffle and would recommend.

Sunnflower
SunnflowerAU51 posts

Naomi
NaomiPerth, WA38 posts

Fabulous Waffles - so easy!

This is such a perfect waffle maker! Never need oil so it’s healthier and no need to clean - if some residual is there it just comes off without rubbing. Very easy to use, never have failures even kids use it. Our Sunday breakfast is always waffles and can’t be happier than this product. Highly recommend to anyone. Very compact to store too. I followed the recipe in the enclosed booklet but you can simply use the normal pancake ingredients which are not using butter and sugar.

Di_1984
Di_1984Sydney6 posts

Kids love it!

My kids love pancakes and waffles and this makes it so easy. I just use the Aldi pancake mix and they turn out beautifully. No worrying about flipping over pancakes and they cook so quickly! Have tried cake mix and it also works well. Lots of recipes on pinterest to try as well. Well worth the $50 I paid wish I had bought one years ago.

Annie BSydney15 posts

Great fun to use

Instruction booklet says to hold it closed, but that's only needed initially and then you can let go. It works well - absolutely no complaints. The booklet is well written, although I am yet to try any of the recipes in it - instead I've taken recipes from a Danish cookbook. Being able to wrap the cord around underneath for storage is a good idea. Love the finished heart shapes of the waffles.

lee
leemelbourne6 posts

Good present!

This is the first machine that I’ve achieved for making waffles and it works spectacularly. Although there are no timers on the machine/waffle maker, we just set timers on our phones. The cooking itself makes no difference in the taste however the noise is quite unpredictable, sometimes loud and sometimes soft. The temperature all around is often very hot to the touch ( as it is cooking the waffles ) so that would harm our fingers. The clean-up is easy enough ( whilst making the waffle mixture is a different story ) to rid of the grease made by the waffle and overall, it is a great addition.