Easiyo Yogurt Maker

Easiyo Yogurt Maker

See the Best Novelty / Snack Makers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Easiyo Yogurt Maker? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

FamilyGippsland, VIC

Homemade yoghurt, yum.

We love this product. No need for electricity to keep warm. Aesthetically looks great on them bench. Able to purchase extra tubs to keep ahead with the making. We make 2-3 tubs of yoghurt weekly.

Purchased in July 2020 at Woolworths Online store.

Simply Delicious!

My family eats a couple of litres of yoghurt each week so I was thrilled to discover this wonderful NZ product. So simple to use and the end result is beautiful, thick, creamy yoghurt every time. We’ve tried unsweetened Greek and strawberry flavour so far and both were delicious. Saving on $ and plastic so a win all round.

Purchased in June 2021 at Coles for $25.00.

Sandra5South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent way to get healthy greek yoghurt

Purchased in January 2010 for $20.00.

inmystudio
inmystudioSydney, NSW

This could not be easier to use or more delicious

I read reviews where people had problems and this gave me the false impression it was going to be complicated so I did some research before making mine. The research took me about 3 mins as there is nothing to it, I did read the longer you leave it the firmer it will set and the more tart it will taste, I leave mine around 12 hours and use cold water straight from the tap perfect every time!

Purchased in February 2020 at Coles for $24.00.

bill
billGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

purchased a thermometer

I had some disasters and found that the water pipes were on the outside wall in full sun. So my wife purchased a thermometer - no more guessing the temperature. No more failures. Purchased a second one on special and have 2 jars cheaper than buying a new jar. Easiyo good to deal with will listen to comments about product. Replacement jars are much better

Purchased in February 2018 at woollies on special for $14.00.

This product has problems

I feel that the milk powder in the sachets is of very poor quality. I have to add 100g of my own milk powder to a whole sachet to get a professional 5 star result !

Linda
Linda

Easy to use and makes delicious yoghurt!

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
J60913
J60913South East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use, great yoghurt and flavours

Purchased this unit lately to use while we are travelling around Oz, very simple to use, easy directions, many flavours available to purchase, including plain greek yoghurt, using live cultures.

Purchased in June 2019 for $5.00.

IreneG
IreneGGippsland, VIC

Mixed results, but convenient

I have recently started making my own yoghurt again using Easiyo. I purchased the new version of the 1 kilo jar which is a better shape, its much easier to get all of the yoghurt out of the bottom. I've had mixed results of the yoghurt, some has been perfect but some have been a bit runny, maybe its the cold weather, will try again with the water being a bit warmer. It really is not much cheaper to make your own but it is really convenient to be able to have fresh yoghurt made at home with all the health benefits to it. The flavours I have tried have been very nice.

Marg
MargVictoria

Love it!

I have been using Easi yo for over ten years now and love it. I buy the low fat Greek variety and like the fact that it contains a lot less fat and sugar than supermarket varieties. Re not setting: I found the natural low fat was quite runny and the occasional batch of Greek can be a bit thin so I don't fill it quite to the top. However, I think colder water and room temperature in winter may affect setting. Re leaking containers: I don't shake the mixture but stir vigorously with a spoon.

Purchased in December 2007.

Chrissy
ChrissySouth East Queensland, QLD

Big waste of money & time! Disappointed. Not trying anymore when I can purchase premade at similar price!

Have followed the 3 step instructions to the letter - tried to make the Honey & Banana - both refused to set! I can purchase premade at similar price. It was a novelty.

Purchased in February 2019 at Woolworths for $18.00.

Hellkitty
HellkittyAdelaide

Deals with yogurt wastage, thumbs up!

We got an Easi yo half way through last year, we buy the sachets on sale and it works out to $3.50 a kg.

The vanilla flavour is fantastic and you can add frozen fruits as wanted.

We make it the day before we need more yogurt and try to have just enough for the week. For us we were only using 250g a week for school, so we can make what we need only and have no wastage now. It easily lasts 7-9 days so it is perfect for us.

Highly recommend, so easy to use and so cheap for good quality yogurt.

Purchased in June 2018 for $10.00.

Scruffy
Scruffy

Easiyo yoghurt maker value for money

I just buy the vanilla greek flavour and perfect every time. Just lately I have added instant coffee to it yum! I can't have sugar and this is great mix. I always have a mix on the go and that means I am never short of yoghurt one in fridge and one on the blend

Date PurchasedAug 2012
Kay WSydney Surrounds, NSW

Easy Peasy!!!

I've been making Easiyo yogurt for a decade or more now. First the white container. Then the red. Have bought 3 to give to other people as gifts. I only use the the Greek, or Natural sachets. I find it excellent with my curries, by itself, mixed with ground flax seeds, in between mouthfuls of pepitas, sunflower seeds and a bite of banana and occasionally on some fruit with nuts. Really like it! For that person who says the new red unit leaks when shaken.......this happened to me first time too, but when I made sure the lid was properly fastened there was no more leakage :) Love my Easiyo!!! :D

Date PurchasedSept 2011
Kay W

I notice some people say their yogurt is runny and therefore the product is no good. Try using less water to make it thicker. Maybe it's the water in your area? How come so many of us say it's fabulous? It's a mystery.

Perfect

I used the packet first time. Now i use freash milk few couple spoon of starter from the old batch and it makes perfect yougurt. So it will only cost you $1 for the 1 liter of milk. Makes sure you heat the milk to about 80 degree and then co it down to room temp before mixing your starter. Rest follow the same process. Cheap and best yougurt you will ever get.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Rosasked

I have a Fresh Plant yoghurt maker. I cannot open the lid so have not been able to use. Any suggestions please.

Tight initially, should open. Regards

Ros

I have tried everything to open it with a grip tool & cloth.

Cannot open !!!!

Julie F.
Julie F.asked

I have just purchased the EasiYo yoghurt maker and made my first batch of blueberry Greek yoghurt.
It came out thick which I expected but gloopy - not a pleasant texture.
Any comments?

Sandra5

Not sure why that happened. Did you make sure you filled about half the jar with water from tap then pour in the powdered mix, with lid on shake it..up and down a few times..about 4 times..then continue to fill with water to the top and then shake again. Then into the larger container containing boiled water to the top of the red ring seal with its lid then sit for 12 hours so if you start it at 5pm you remove it at 5am and put in the fridge to cool down. If you did all of that..then you might have a bad batch or the packet itself might have been stored incorrectly by the shop etc before placement on shelf. Have had one to three packets over a period of ten years that wasn't ok..contacted Easiyo and they were helpful ie they sent out a replacement packet. Hope this helps. Regards, Sandra

Sonal K.
Sonal K.asked

I accidentally used boiling water in the pot instead of room temperature water and boiling water in the jar… will it work?

For $17.95, the Easiyo Yoghurt Maker is a creamy steal, and its overall 4.1-star rating doesn’t hurt, either.

This yoghurt maker takes a lot of the unpredictable aspects out of making homemade yoghurt. You mix a EasiYo yoghurt starter with water in the provided jar, add boiling water, leave the yoghurt to set for 8-12 hours, then pop it in the fridge to cool.

What reviewers liked about the Easiyo Yoghurt Maker:

• It’s easy to use, which made the yoghurt-making process simple and enjoyable
  • A cost-effective alternative to store-bought yoghurts, as you only need 1 litre of milk and an Easiyo sachet, and these are cheap
  • Makes great sugar-free yoghurt, which is a good alternative to buying yoghurts containing sugar from the supermarket
  • One batch can last for about a week, which works well when packing school or work lunches

EasiYo hacks from reviewers:

• Purchasing a thermometer really takes the guesswork out of preparing the yoghurt
  • Leaving the yoghurt to set in the jar for a longer period of time (e.g. 12-18 hours) will make the yoghurt firmer, thicker and also more tart
  • You can add extras that make the yoghurt taste even better, such as frozen fruit, nuts or even instant coffee, according to one adventurous reviewer.
CategoryNovelty / Snack Makers