Breville Kitchen Wizz 15 Pro BFP800

• Product is used
  • Safety
Penelope C.

Penelope C.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

NEver had an issue it does what it's meant to

I've read a lot of bad reviews here and I have had nothing but good use out of this food processor. It's actually a mainstay of my kitchen bench as we cook a lot and we must have used it at least three times a week in the past .

tigs69

tigs69Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Burning smell after 5 uses!!! Cracked bowl!

Read the reviews!! I purchased this in 2018 and used this 5 times. Today it's given up the ghost! I got a bad burning smell from the unit and the base heated up. The unit then displayed "Overloaded" and it was only chopping 2 packets of Marie biscuits - something even a $15 food processor can do with ease!

I then noticed there is a hair line fracture in the bowl!!!! The bowl hasn't been dropped or damaged by myself! These bowls are NOT fit for purpose and should be covered under warranty.

Absolutely so angry about this!! Breville really does make crap quality.

Definitely DO NOT use this for dates or nut butters because you will burn out the motor!

Purchased in December 2018 at David Jones for $384.00.

DaveDarwin, NT

Powerful motor but weak plastic

Chosen for its powerful motor. Plastic bowl replaced after stress fracture cracking made old one unhygienic. Now pcb has blown. Approx 2 years old. Cleaning complicated and there are lots of books and crannies where food gets stuck. Very disappointed.
So called mediation a waste of time.
I guess we all just roll over and accept that every appliance we purchase will crap out just after the warranty expires. Funny I can recall my parents having the same appliances for decades.

Purchased in January 2019 for $450.00.

Food Processors

Find out how Breville Kitchen Wizz 15 Pro BFP800 compares to other Food Processors

Michael012

Michael012Melbourne

Powerful and efficient but expensive

Bought this in early 2018 but little use so far. Powerful motor with 25 year warranty. Very efficient but noisy operation. Most functions work really well. Has a heavy base and requires effort to clean all the components. Sharp blades with high risk of cutting fingers when removing or cleaning. Expensive.

Purchased in February 2018 at Harvey Norman for $435.00.

ChrisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Upgrade to a PRO worth every penny

Less than a year ago I purchased a smaller Breville food processor and it was OK, but limited certain options. With the extra cash from COVID, thought I'd support the retail sector and get the processor I'd hankered for. The BIG BREVILLE 2000watt Pro model. Been working it ever since. The large opening makes it so easy to work quickly through a cabbage, or slice a whole piece of fruit (rather than cutting it into pieces first.
The size of the motor allows you to kneed for longer at a time.
The small bowl is something I needed and wasn't in the other model.
I'll never need another machine. This is top of the range and only limited by the user's imagination.
I haven't used everything yet, but I'll get there.

Trudi

TrudiGreat Southern, WA

DO NOT BUY!

I had the previous model for about 15 years until the seal on the bowl no longer worked. As the model was no longer available I could not get a replacement bowl so bought a new BFP800. Initially I loved it until, you guessed it, the bowl cracked along the spindle. The machine is still under warranty but as Breville call the bowl a 'consumable' they don't cover it. A new bowl will cost $210 - very expensive for a consumable! I would argue that the bowl is a part rather than a consumable. I will be taking it up with Consumer Protection because I don't believe the product performs according to it's intended use.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman for $419.00.

sanshar2002

sanshar2002

Powerful, solid and versatile

Purchased in May 2014 at The Good Guys for $450.00.

Evan a.

Evan a.The Mallee, VIC

attachments get stuck and plastic bowl cracks

i have cracked 2 bowls. When attaching the grater or slicing blades they get stuck on the drive shaft. When removing it it cracks the bowl.
which isn't good at all.
its a shame because if it wasnt for this design flaw it would be a great machine.

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for $480.00.

SusanM

SusanMSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bowls crack, not covered in warranty.

The bowl cracks at the base. I have now gone through 2 bowls, each lasting about about 18 months and used on average once per week. The machine is expensive. The bowls are also expensive to repurchase and they are not covered by warranty. It clearly has a design fault with the motor just being too powerful for the bowl, causing it to fracture around the spindle. My advice, don’t go near them.

Purchased in October 2016.

Julie

JulieSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Excellent food processor

Ive had it for over 3 years, all the attachments do as stated, very happy with product. Slices, shreds, mixes, makes dough and more. Great for potato bake and cutting onions

Purchased in July 2017 at eBay for $280.00.

ForestGirl

ForestGirl

Great food processor!

Purchased in October 2017 at Myer for $450.00.

yvonne23

yvonne23Sydney, NSW

Stay away!! Blades get stuck in bowl every time!!

I have used this kitchen wizz to make pesto from scratch. When it comes to cleaning the bowl the blades get stuck in the bowl and my husband has to help me pull it apart. The blades are super sharp and I think dangerous. We've both cut our hands badly. Once we couldn't separate the bowl from the blades to clean it. It was so difficult even the people at the Breville repair place couldn't do it so they just gave us a brand new bowl and set of blades. That still didn't fix the problem. This unit cost almost $400 and we spent another $100 on a 3 year customer care plan so in all $500 for a useless machine. Would never buy another Breville kitchen wizz after this lousy experience. Really disappointing.

Purchased in March 2016 at Appliances Online for $500.00.

Bowl cracks repeatedly, save your money don't buy

The food processor is very powerful and works well, but the bowls crack at the base. This happened to two bowls after 12 months of not very frequent use. This is an expensive food processor and I didn't think that the bowls would not last, plus they expensive to buy. I am very disappointed with this purchase, waste of money.

Purchased at Myer Online Store.

Brad S.

Brad S.South East Queensland, QLD

Bowl Cracks Repeatedly, plastic fails

This processor works REALLY well, but the plastic bowl cracks around the base (this has happened to two bowls now) and now the large food pusher has cracked and fills with water when we wash it. And spare parts are way too expensive. Very disappointed as I bought a more expensive food processor because I thought it would last longer. Breville - you need to improve the quality of these expensive items.

Purchased in April 2018 at Myer for $439.00.

Victoria Killian

Victoria KillianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it............Love.......... it Love it.

I have had my Kitchen Wizz 15 Pro for about 2 years and loved it but when I bought the Peel and Dice attachment I realised it was not compatible with my model.. I rang them and the lady I spoke to coundt be more helpful. The result been she sent me the whole kit and caboodle at no charge and now everything works and I love it. I have read the potato peeler isnt up to scratch well I beg to differ. It works beautifully. Thank you Breville

Purchased at The Good Guys Physical store.

Kayzee

KayzeeBendigo

So far so good

Replaced our 30 year old Kitchen Whizz with this model. Have only used it a handful of times - need a licence to drive it - stand with the instruction book in one hand as not as straightforward as my old model! Seems to work well - have chopped and made dough - so far so good - just very noisy. Am careful not to put any components in the dishwasher but hand wash. Huge box of accessories which are all marked thank goodness. Only thing missing is that my old model had a lemon squeezer attachment which was super handy.

Purchased in May 2019.

Kim

KimSydney, NSW

Low quality polycarbonate bowl

Purchased in April 2016 at Catch Of The Day for $330.00.

Ili B.

Ili B.

I want my old National Food Processor back

Purchased in December 2017 at Myer Retail Stores.

Zdraco

ZdracoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It’s ok not the best to what I thought it would be

First time start using it and not even 2 minutes it overheated so had to stop the machine. It gave bad fumes since it overheat it didn’t want to restart.
There is no speed control so it was a bit difficult to judge how fine you want your food to be.
So far the blades seem to work fine but one of the blade looks like it’s about to bend or chipped. Had the machine for 2 years now and haven’t been able to use it as often as I like cause was afraid it might blow up.

Purchased in July 2017 at The Good Guys for $650.00.

Ok, but weak!

Everything works great, until the blade guide in the lid melts, and the main bowl cracks where the spindle is mounted. This has happened to two bowls and two lids. The second bowl spindle wasn't even tightened properly and we discovered it had 3mm of play up and down!!! No wonder it broke. We are now getting our third replacement from breville with no questions asked except how do you use it? Normally of course?! So we'll see how long we can keep this up. We have owned the machine for over 2 years so not at all what I would expect. Polycarbonate bowl and a sealed bearing in the lid and this machine could last for a very long time.

Date PurchasedJan 2017