Breville Kitchen Wizz 15 Pro BFP800

Breville Kitchen Wizz 15 Pro BFP800

BFP800 (Stainless Steel), BFP800CB (Cranberry) and BFP800SHB (Sherbet)

I want my old National Food Processor back

This seemed like a reasonable replacement for the AMAZING second hand processor we got from someone chucking it out at my husband's work. The lid kept getting stuck so we had to get rid of it. My father in law bought it for us so it didn't seem polite to complain, but having owned it for over a year now, the spatula (which you NEED to use to make sure all the food gets processed, otherwise it just gets stuck on the edges of the bowl) was ruined within 3 months, the warning not to put some parts in the dishwasher was hard to see so I put it in the dishwasher and we ended up with waterlogged food pusher (or whatever it's called) so my husband had to drill holes in it (probably voids any warranty), the lid is more fragile than expected, and I have just tried making raw balls in it, chopping up the dates beforehand (which I never had to do with the National; I have tried freezing them as per instructions, but this didn't work) and it just STIRRED the ingredients.

Purchased in December 2017 at Myer Retail Stores.

Product is used: Weekly
Used for: Dips & Condiments

It’s ok not the best to what I thought it would be

First time start using it and not even 2 minutes it overheated so had to stop the machine. It gave bad fumes since it overheat it didn’t want to restart.
There is no speed control so it was a bit difficult to judge how fine you want your food to be.
So far the blades seem to work fine but one of the blade looks like it’s about to bend or chipped. Had the machine for 2 years now and haven’t been able to use it as often as I like cause was afraid it might blow up.

Purchased in July 2017 at The Good Guys for $650.00.

Safety
Used for: Dips & Condiments, Dough, Ground Meat, Ground Nuts / Nut Butters and Soups

Ok, but weak!

Everything works great, until the blade guide in the lid melts, and the main bowl cracks where the spindle is mounted. This has happened to two bowls and two lids. The second bowl spindle wasn't even tightened properly and we discovered it had 3mm of play up and down!!! No wonder it broke. We are now getting our third replacement from breville with no questions asked except how do you use it? Normally of course?! So we'll see how long we can keep this up. We have owned the machine for over 2 years so not at all what I would expect. Polycarbonate bowl and a sealed bearing in the lid and this machine could last for a very long time.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Mixer Bowls keep cracking, no speed control, doesn't slice accurately, noisy, hard to remove blades

VERY disappointed with this. I've been through 8, yes 8 mixing bowls now over 2 years, which are expensive and now I'm done with this processor because the last one just cracked. They keep cracking at the base and all I'm doing is blending vegetables which I cut up first, and are not very hard like kale and broccoli, with the double blade. I've wasted so much money on this machine on buying replacement bowls because it was expensive to start with, so I kept investing in the bowls so I could keep using it. It's noisy and moves on the bench. It doesn't have any speed control, it just goes so fast, so you cant get it to slice food consistently, it slices food in all sorts of thicknesses and shapes, not like the pretty slices pictured on the box! Food gets stuck in the top blade when using the spindle. It's hard to remove the blade when you need to change it or wash up, I have cut myself on it. You have to constantly jiggle it, until it finally gives way and when it does, you have no control over it in your hand as it jolts upwards out of the bowl. You can't put it in the dishwasher, it just wrecks the plastic. The inner bowl for herbs is inefficient, it splats the herbs over the top and into the main bowl, so you have to wash up both bowls and again, there is only pulse, or full pelt speed, that's it, so you get an inconsistent cut, being partly mushed up herb, and some not cut up at all. You can't pour out food from the mixer bowl, it just blobs out messily, because the pouring spout is poorly designed. This is the worst food processor I've ever had and I'm not buying Breville again after too many other Breville products I've purchased that also don't live up to the quality they should be (coffee grinder and blender which I've also replaced seals and jug for, which leaks).

Purchased in December 2016 at The Good Guys Online store for $400.00.

Product is used: Weekly

Choose something else

I have had this machine for about 13months and am sad to say disappointed. I had a small Breville kitchen wizz previously that lasted more than 10 years. This one I had to replace after 1 month when the motor made a burning smell. Twelve months later and the motor has become very loud, and does not blend even simple things like hommus very well.

Pros:
Large size blending bowl
Large shute opening is convenient for grating large fruits or veg

Cons:
One speed is not powerful enough for blending a variety of things - motor gets hot quickly and has to be stopped to cool down regularly
Small things like garlic gets stuck under the blades and doesn't blend well - a walnut stuck to the end of one of the blades when making pesto and scored the inside of the smaller bowl - don't love the idea of ground plastic in my food
Struggles to chop nuts for bliss balls
Plastic bowl and lid is not very sturdy and cracks easily - had to replace bowl and lid already

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Fantastic and Quick Food Processor

I have owned this machine for about 18 months and still love it as much as the first time I used it. The reason I purchased this machine is because every 2 years I run a community Christmas day lunch for those who have noone to spend the day with or can not afford a Christmas lunch for their family. It requires alot of chopping and slicing for 100 people. With this machine I can whip up a crunchy noodle salad for 100 people in 5 minutes. This has saved the volunteers a-lot of time.

For at home I use this for slicing and grating mainly. It makes slicing things thinly for a recipe so easy like onion and cabbage. I also grate me own block of cheese for home, saving on the costs of grated cheese as well as the extras they add to stop it clumping. Also great if you do preserving as it does a even slice with its slicing attachment. I love it for doing bottled beetroot. Now my son is wheat free I use it to make my own breadcrumbs etc from GF bread which saves time trying to find one in the store and the cost they charge for wheat free.

All the attachments are very well made and everything has stayed as new even after constant use in nearly 2 years. I love the storage container that comes with it to store all the attachments so your not losing them in the bottom of your drawers.

I find its not very noisy and makes quick work of anything. Now I read someone uses it to mix cake mixes, I'm going to try that since my mix master died. I find this a great tool for the kitchen and can see myself using it for many years.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

good but very noisy

I find that when I'm operating the machine it makes a terrible noise which sounds like one of the parts is not connected correctly. I was wondering if this is normal or have I not got it in the right position.? Advice would be appreciated to ensure I am operating it correctly.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

So happy with this powerful food processor.

This is a powerful, strong appliance. I use it for making dips, chopping/slicing vegetables and mixing cakes. Love the little mini-bowl that fits inside for smaller portions. The bowl is easy to use and has a large capacity, which was one of the reasons I chose this model. I've had this for almost a year and I'm very happy with it so far!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Easily Good Enough for a Commercial Health Food Business

I operate The Bircher Bar and we've used this workhorse for over 3 years now in a commercial setting for all manner of dicing and slicing - hasn't missed a beat! All pieces are incredibly hardy and durable while the motor powers through everything including full hoppers of nut butter, fruit, vegetables and way more. Wouldn't recommend anything else!

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Awesome kitchen wizz.

Does so much and you can vary the thickness of what you are slicing! You can prepare so much food at once and the extra power stops things jambing up in it. You can use the little bowl, then remove it to use the larger bowl for some other food. Have even done my own chips with the julianne slicer.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Reliable and easy to use

Very happy with this processor after a year of owning it, all the attachments work perfectly and is a fantastic time saver in the kitchen. I love the attachment storage box as it helps keep everything neat and tidy, and the sharp blades are safely stored. The base unit is very heavy and this helps the unit stay stable which is fantastic. Would recommend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Lasted 2 months - has design flaw in bowl. Cracked in two months

Let me start by saying that I have many breville products and I am generally a very happy Breville customer and dont mind paying a high price for their products. From their $1400 coffee machine to their spice grinder. So I got this kitchen wizz pro thinking it would last. I was so wrong.
While in general the machine work and works great the fact that the centre spinning shaft is encased in the plastic bowl, in my opinion, is a serious design flaw. The large plastic bowl started cracking at exactly the base of the shaft after only two months of work chopping vegetables, onions etc...
After googling it seems that people have left similar reviews on Amazon with photos that look exactly like mine showing a cracked bowl at the shaft location
The metal Julien disk also started to bend when used with carrots which is what its designed for. Yes carrots are hard but its designed for it

In the end I wasnt willing to get another one so I returned to myers and walked out with a magimix. Breville needs to understand that for some customers its not about the price. We just want something that works.
Something like this with a design flaw should not be sold in Australia as it seriously damages the Breville name and public perception of their other products

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great Customer Service

I just wanted to give a big thumbs up to Breville (I am not affiliated in any way, just a happy customer) and thought others might enjoy. I wanted to buy a high end food processor for making seitan and various other vegan dishes. After much research, I purchased a Kitchen Wiz Pro at Christmas and was very happy. Unfortunately, 2 weeks ago, I managed to overheat it while making some hardcore date energy bars. Long story short, I phoned Breville customer support, who told me that large amounts of dates are the worse thing for a food processor and also for the large Breville quad blade. Since there is no service agent in my town, they gave me a reference number and told me to take it back to the store for instant replacement. While that is good, the really good bit, was in the mail this week, they sent me another dual blade for the unit, that is not available in the current model. This is meant to be bnetter for use with dates. They sent this without me asking and free of charge. Great customer service, which unfortunately, is not too common any more.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Excellent Product. Does everything amazingly quick.

I've had my processor for 18 months now and I've been totally happy with it's performance. I hate chopping vegies and I love how it dices, shreds or slices all my vegetables in seconds. It's great for cutting uniform slices with the variable slicer, for dehydrating things such as zucchini chips. I also use it regularly to make date balls and some biscuit mixes and the quad blade chops and blends everything perfectly in no time, I follow recipes a lot and I find it processes everything much more quickly than the recipe indicates. I used to whip cream in it before I got my stand mixer and I ended up making butter the first time as I didn't realise it would be that quick. Unlike my Breville mixer, the stainless steel finish still looks new and as I was advised by the Breville rep, never to put the parts in the dishwasher, if I wanted the unit to remain in good condition, the bowls are still in excellent condition. I did, however, crack the lid when it fell out of the dish rack onto the slate and the stupid thing was that I couldn't just buy a lid as it comes in a set with a small bowl and shredder disk. I occasionally use the small bowl for small quantities, but it's not as powerful and as I have Breville boss to go, I more often use that. I don't think I've ever blended hot liquids in it as my blender is perfect for that. I do have a lot of appliances so I've learnt which one to use for which job, so I don't have performance issues with any of them. Also what I really like is that it automatically adjusts the speed according to what is being processed. The accessories box does take up a lot of space but I do keep it next to the processor for convenience sake. The parts are generally easy to clean, though occasionally sticky mixes can be a bit harder to remove from the spindle in the bowl. The supplied brush helps with that. The only nuisance thing I've found is that sometimes water or muck will get into the handle on the bowl and it's hard to get out. Overall I'm very happy that I bought it.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Gets a lot of use.

very powerful motor. I purchased it secondhand and have owned it for almost 5 years now and it is still going strong. the blades aren't that sharp anymore but that hasn't been a major issue. It is a bit tedious to clean as only the blade can go in the dishwasher. The accessories I found just took up space. I never use the small bowl - its not nearly as effective as the large.

Date PurchasedSep 2013

Incredible motor, flimsy plastic bowls/blades, easily scratched finish

I purchased this throughHarvey Norman in early 2015. It was the beautiful blue colour. Within weeks, the finish scratched when being placed back into the cupboard. Breville were unhelpful.
Since then, I go through Love/hate phases with it. For some time it sat idle as I bought a thermomix. Now that I have sold that, it’s back on the bench and being used regularly.
We have had to replace the mini bowl, blades, chipping disc and the main bowl has crazed. The storage container plastic hinge also broke quickly.
Whilst it has lasted, I definitely had less issues with my Kitchenaid small processor.
I also could not part with my stick blender, as you cannot blend hot soups in the plastic bowl. If the contents are even slightly too warm, you can hear the bowl crackling.
PROS: big bowl capacity. Durable motor. Variable thickness slicing disc (love this!).
CONS: brittle plastic working components. Poor finish on paintwork now looks ghastly, despite care taken. Harder textures (like dates for protein balls) seem to stick on the ends of the S-blade and jam the machine without pre-chopping by hand first.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Centre of lid has melted twice!!

Lid has melted twice now, have taken it back to harvey norman hoping to get it rectified. Was making mayo in small bowel, takes a while and blade melted to lid and was no longer usable. Busy time of the year for making pasta sauces and such and now I don't have a machine - not impressed - bought because heard they were the best on the market. Am hoping to get a refund and will try the Kenwood version.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Good Food Processor

This is my first food processor so I can't compare it with other brands. So far it has worked very reliably. I use it a couple of times per week. I use it for pesto, humus, tabbouleh, dips, pizza dough, bean patties, fish cakes, slicing and chopping. So far I am very happy with it and make the effort to learn new recipes.
It is reasonably easy to clean (I hand wash only). But be careful, those blades are sharp. My son managed to shred a sponge cleaning it.
I like the scraper and the brush that is supplied with it. I also like the small bowl and use it often.
Things that could be improved: The openings in the chip blade is too small and so the chips are not much good.
I would like a variable speed. Sometimes I feel need for the blade to go slower. Some European models have variable speed.
The feed tube is a bit small, making it difficult to insert a medium size onion to make onion rings, or a whole tomato for slicing correctly.
It is heavy to lift on and off the bench, but I don't mind leaving it on the top of the bench.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Love It!!!!

Love love love my kitchen wizz. Makes life so much easier. The only down size is finding storage for it. But I can't fault it. Had it for 5 years, use it often and it still works like new!!!
My mum loved it so much she also got one and loves it just as much as I do.

Date PurchasedDec 2013

Brevilles poor customer service

Bought it brand new from Myer, had a damaged top lid, was told to contact BReville customer support for a new one. Did that in June 2017, still waiting,,,,, countless phone calls later to breville to be told its on order. have not been able to use my food processor. Have rang them today to be told they parts should have been sent out and no idea why they wernt. Poor customer service and waste of a expensive appliance that I have not been able to use.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
We just saw your post and want you to know we are here to help. If you would be willing to talk with me I can make sure we get things sorted. I will follow up with a separate message regarding contact details.