better than expected

I needed a small processor for those times when I only want to make small quantities or chop a half an onion. First I made a salad dressing which this unit did very fast and very well. Today I chopped and onion with mixed results. The first half pureed, because I wasnt watching close enough. The second half was much better, I pulsed very briefly and watched. It is quite powerful with 250watts. The expensive brand I was considering is 240 watts. It feels very solid for its compact size. The bowl and lid remove easy and a breeze to wash. The only thing I dont like is the clip which locks the lid, I feel it would be easy to break if not handled carefuly. Overall though, at $59 it does what it was designed to do and does it well.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Gets the job done!

Now I can mince onions without crying! :) This small machine grinds ingredients easily without issues. I used to have a bigger food processor and it was disappointing as that one has bigger blades and space that it cannot properly cut vegetables like bell pepper and onions into tiny pieces. A friend recommended to get the mini wizz instead and I'm very happy that I did - homemade sausages and spring rolls with minced ingredients done in minutes!

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Awful. Average Life Expectancy of Only Two Weeks

I purchased this mini food processor for chopping up herbs, large quantities of garlic, making small quantities of pastes etc and I chose this brand because we'd had a large Breville food processor that served us well for 10 years. After only a month the motor conked out completely. I then took it back, with receipt, and replaced it with another one. One this one, the motor didn't even work on the first try. What's more, a Breville spice grinder I had stopped working after a month too. I used to think highly of this brand but no more. These days I tend to look for other brands with a better reputation (e.g. Cuisinart, or better yet something made in Europe or Japan) and get that instead if I can.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Buyer beware

I have had this Mini Wizz for well over a week, All I asked ito do was to cut up leafy Kale, fresh Mint and Red cabbage. It did.
Twice.
Now it has refused to go further,
Do not buy this product.
Fortunately I still have the receipt
Les Griffiths
Cairns.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Little Pocket Rocket

What a Whizz..!..This little Dynamo is robust enuff to chop through beetroot pieces to Ice to a fine grind!..
Compact in size and very easy to use..Just make sure you cut your veges etc into smaller pieces..Its perfect for just little jobs.
+ Super fast-3 different settings
- Safety release button can get sticky

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

It does what it says it does

It works O.K. It does what it says it does. Yes, it’s small but that’s what it supposed to do. Not doing a big job. I hope it lasts long though. It’s hard to find things that last forever nowadays. But I don’t over use it so I think it should be O.K.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Hard to connect and all 3 settings do similar jobs

We bought this for every day use but it seems like more work than less. Hard to sit on the pin and doesn't fit itself easily to get ready to chop grind or grate. Blades are not sharp either so it takes effort to chop an onion let alone anything hard. Won't recommend it for any price.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Stopped Working After Minimal Use

I have had this since the beginning of the year - not used a lot. But today...it won't run. At all. Now I look at the reviews and this is a common problem. I thought that I had not gotten it locked in correctly but I have checked all of that and still - silence. It will not run. Very disappointing. I do have the receipt.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

I dont have very much experience at using WIzzs but on the few occasions I have used the Breville I

and delighted that it is so easy to use. I don't use all the attachments, just the very basics. Although I am used to using the Kenwood Chef - the large mixer - I am getting a little bit more confident in using the Breville Mini Wizz, and ! will continue using it a little more!

Fantastic little machine

Have had this wonderful little machine for 6 months now and use it so often. Lately it has been of great assistance in preparing vegetables for winter soup creations...I love how you can just set it to go and before you know it you have all your ingredients ready for cooking...couldn't live without it!

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Disappointed

I asked for this as a Xmas present and regret it. I mainly use it to blend garlic and chilli for my chilli paste. It is a dismal job of chopping the products even if I add a bit of water to help it wizz better. The motor starts to smell burned after a few seconds that I have to turn it off with most of my product on the sides of the machine or on the lid in big chunks.

Imposible to clean

I loved the idea of a small machine I could stick on the bench-top and do small irritating jobs like chopping mint. Trouble is it is so, so hard to clean that it drove me nuts every time I did even the smallest job. Eventually, the motor just up and died so I'm back to my trusty blender and hand mixer.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Very disappointed

I bought one of these Breville BFP100 and used it once on soft chic peas and it stopped working. Sounds like it stripped a gear inside. I was going to take it back but I could not fined my invoice for proof of purchase. My advice is don't buy this model Breville.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Terrible.

Bought this appliance a few weeks ago. Doesn't work. Doesn't come anywhere near to the quality of my Moulinex mini chopper that I had for over 16 years. Tried to chop onions and tomatoes on the Breville mini and it would not go. I've searched high and low for the receipt and warranty and can't find them. Waste of money!!!!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

No good

I purchased this item earlier in the year, but used it for the first time at Christmas. I chopped first batch of almonds, then tried the second batch and it just would not go. Unfortunatley, having purchased it so long ago, I had mislaid the receipt.. Just chucked it in the rubbish. Buy at you own risk

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Planetary pinions weak link in design!!!!

Following just months of use the Planetary Pinions made of Plastic material deteriorated sufficient to render the Wizz an refuse item.
Being the Horder/come, try and fix it before disposal, that I am the unfit for use unit layed around my work bench for some time until I came across an Item on Ebay 10pcs Plastic Accessories Of DIY Model Toy Motor Shaft Gear HOT. Measuring up the original Gear size in the Unit I was able to order an compatible gear available from Hong Kong,10 gears for $1.50, opened/drilled out the bore to suit the pin size, re assembled and Bobs your uncle. the Wizz is working again. I guess as with the original, life expectancy is limited. Nevertheless as temporary as this might prove to be its a cheap fix. It wouldn't surprise me if the original manufactured items were made this way using toy components.

Date PurchasedApr 2011

Poor quality!!!

I'm not happy with this product, just wasted $59. I put some onions into the chopper and came out like soup it was finely chopped and watery as well. The chopper is really loud and really hard to use when your rotating the mixing container. I want to get a refund :(

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Ces, if you still have the receipt please return to place of purchase or call 1300139798 for assistance. Thanks, the Breville team

Really useless..

Was given this as a gift. Have used it 2 times and persevered, but tried yesterday and it's a dud. It has no ability to chop anything & no matter which button you press it struggles to move & sounds the same. Dissapointingly I had to resort to a rolling pin & chopping board to crush my biscuits. I have numerous excellent Breville branded appliances, but this one doesn't live up to their usual standards!

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Poor quality gearbox - Yep !!

"As others have reported, the small plastic-geared gearbox is poorly designed and inadequate for the job. My mini wizz failed after two years and thus out of warranty. On disassembly it was clear the gearbox internals had disintegrated. The remainder of the unit appears of reasonable build quality but because of the gearbox purchase is not recommended."

I agree with the above - Even if the small plastic gears (or the gear assembly) were available, that would help..

Our Mini Wizz BFP100 worked well for a while (my favourite blitzer) but the gears broke way too easily...

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Hi Stevo45 - the design team receives these notifications and appreciates feedback. Thanks, the Breville team

Wont work and something is wrong

I purchased this item from bing lee, it worked for the first time and now I am trying to chop and it does not make contact. It is as if something is missing on the lid. I put the container and then the balde and then lock in lid and guess what??? nothing, dead.

Hi Diana - please contact customer service for advice 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Breville team

Hi there I bought this in January and only just attempted to use it - it won’t even turn on? I am certain I am assembling it correctly as I know it won’t work unless it is but not sure if there is something else I can try? The only part of assembly I am unsure of is clipping the release tab down - it shows in the pic the person pressing the button to lock it but I’ve found I need to press it down manually and the button simply unlatches it - other than that everything is done by the book. Any help is appreciated.

Can i make almond meal out of this food processor? I wanted to make a macarons

I have just purchased the Breville Mini Wizz BFP100. I found the chop function is not working, (am suing the correct blade). The whisk and grind functions are working. Please advise?
Sorry to hear this, please contact Breville Support directly for replacement options at 1 300 139 798. We can also be reached online via: https://www.breville.com.au

CategoryFood Processors