Breville Mini Wizz BFP100

• Product is used
  • Safety
trud

trudAU

Do not buy, smells like it is about to blow up!

I have tried using this a number of times on different items - garlic, bread to make bread crumb, parsley etc and the first press of any of the wizz function, there is a smell of burning or over working the unit. It scares me and I am worred it will blow up.

Noise Level
Product is used Rarely
Deb G

Deb GBrisbane

Bought as an after thought thinking I wouldn't use much but now easily my most used and favorite kitchen tool!

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Safety
Product is used Several times a week
Used for Dips & Condiments and Ground Nuts / Nut Butters

Worst machine ever

Very difficult to put top on correctly & turn. It’s a constant battle to get it to click into position. Either turns food to mush or leaves large chunks. Easier to chop by hand than use this.

Purchased in March 2019 at Myer for A$79.00.

Product is used Rarely
Used for Soups

annazianna

annaziannaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Two non functional whizzies

First one stopped working after a month. Got a replacement under warranty and that one didn't even work the first time I turned it on. Got a similar product from Cuisinart which has been much better and I still use years later.

Purchased in February 2017.

Sue

SueMurray Region, NSW

better than expected

I needed a small processor for those times when I only want to make small quantities or chop a half an onion. First I made a salad dressing which this unit did very fast and very well. Today I chopped and onion with mixed results. The first half pureed, because I wasnt watching close enough. The second half was much better, I pulsed very briefly and watched. It is quite powerful with 250watts. The expensive brand I was considering is 240 watts. It feels very solid for its compact size. The bowl and lid remove easy and a breeze to wash. The only thing I dont like is the clip which locks the lid, I feel it would be easy to break if not handled carefuly. Overall though, at $59 it does what it was designed to do and does it well.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Angelie

AngelieSydney, NSW

Gets the job done!

Now I can mince onions without crying! :) This small machine grinds ingredients easily without issues. I used to have a bigger food processor and it was disappointing as that one has bigger blades and space that it cannot properly cut vegetables like bell pepper and onions into tiny pieces. A friend recommended to get the mini wizz instead and I'm very happy that I did - homemade sausages and spring rolls with minced ingredients done in minutes!

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Anna

AnnaMelbourne

Awful. Average Life Expectancy of Only Two Weeks

I purchased this mini food processor for chopping up herbs, large quantities of garlic, making small quantities of pastes etc and I chose this brand because we'd had a large Breville food processor that served us well for 10 years. After only a month the motor conked out completely. I then took it back, with receipt, and replaced it with another one. One this one, the motor didn't even work on the first try. What's more, a Breville spice grinder I had stopped working after a month too. I used to think highly of this brand but no more. These days I tend to look for other brands with a better reputation (e.g. Cuisinart, or better yet something made in Europe or Japan) and get that instead if I can.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Buyer beware

I have had this Mini Wizz for well over a week, All I asked ito do was to cut up leafy Kale, fresh Mint and Red cabbage. It did.
Twice.
Now it has refused to go further,
Do not buy this product.
Fortunately I still have the receipt
Les Griffiths
Cairns.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Luforge

LuforgeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Little Pocket Rocket

What a Whizz..!..This little Dynamo is robust enuff to chop through beetroot pieces to Ice to a fine grind!..
Compact in size and very easy to use..Just make sure you cut your veges etc into smaller pieces..Its perfect for just little jobs.
+ Super fast-3 different settings
- Safety release button can get sticky

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

USB

USBBrisbane

It does what it says it does

It works O.K. It does what it says it does. Yes, it’s small but that’s what it supposed to do. Not doing a big job. I hope it lasts long though. It’s hard to find things that last forever nowadays. But I don’t over use it so I think it should be O.K.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Rups

RupsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hard to connect and all 3 settings do similar jobs

We bought this for every day use but it seems like more work than less. Hard to sit on the pin and doesn't fit itself easily to get ready to chop grind or grate. Blades are not sharp either so it takes effort to chop an onion let alone anything hard. Won't recommend it for any price.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
saleena

saleenaBrisbane

Stopped Working After Minimal Use

I have had this since the beginning of the year - not used a lot. But today...it won't run. At all. Now I look at the reviews and this is a common problem. I thought that I had not gotten it locked in correctly but I have checked all of that and still - silence. It will not run. Very disappointing. I do have the receipt.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Bigmac

BigmacAuckland

I dont have very much experience at using WIzzs but on the few occasions I have used the Breville I

and delighted that it is so easy to use. I don't use all the attachments, just the very basics. Although I am used to using the Kenwood Chef - the large mixer - I am getting a little bit more confident in using the Breville Mini Wizz, and ! will continue using it a little more!

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Patti

PattiMandurah

Fantastic little machine

Have had this wonderful little machine for 6 months now and use it so often. Lately it has been of great assistance in preparing vegetables for winter soup creations...I love how you can just set it to go and before you know it you have all your ingredients ready for cooking...couldn't live without it!

Date PurchasedSep 2016
qestra

qestra

Imposible to clean

I loved the idea of a small machine I could stick on the bench-top and do small irritating jobs like chopping mint. Trouble is it is so, so hard to clean that it drove me nuts every time I did even the smallest job. Eventually, the motor just up and died so I'm back to my trusty blender and hand mixer.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Very disappointed

I bought one of these Breville BFP100 and used it once on soft chic peas and it stopped working. Sounds like it stripped a gear inside. I was going to take it back but I could not fined my invoice for proof of purchase. My advice is don't buy this model Breville.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Terrible.

Bought this appliance a few weeks ago. Doesn't work. Doesn't come anywhere near to the quality of my Moulinex mini chopper that I had for over 16 years. Tried to chop onions and tomatoes on the Breville mini and it would not go. I've searched high and low for the receipt and warranty and can't find them. Waste of money!!!!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

No good

I purchased this item earlier in the year, but used it for the first time at Christmas. I chopped first batch of almonds, then tried the second batch and it just would not go. Unfortunatley, having purchased it so long ago, I had mislaid the receipt.. Just chucked it in the rubbish. Buy at you own risk

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Bob

BobSt.Albans

Planetary pinions weak link in design!!!!

Date PurchasedApr 2011
Ces

CesBrisbane

Poor quality!!!

I'm not happy with this product, just wasted $59. I put some onions into the chopper and came out like soup it was finely chopped and watery as well. The chopper is really loud and really hard to use when your rotating the mixing container. I want to get a refund :(

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Breville
BrevilleBreville

Hi Ces, if you still have the receipt please return to place of purchase or call 1300139798 for assistance. Thanks, the Breville team