VerifiedMPNs:BMO625 and BMO625BSS

Noise Level

ADB
ADBSydney, NSW3 posts

THE BEST I'VE EVER USED

I work in offices all around town and get to try a LOT of different microwaves.
I dislike most of them, with their annoying interfaces, plastic panels and flimsy pressure pad buttons.

This Breville is the only microwave that I enjoy using regularly. Its terrific on-the-fly dial, sturdy buttons and easy display are just brilliant - as is the durable, industrial stainless steel chassis - No crappy plastic here!
It cooks, defrosts and reheats beautifully, as you'd expect.
We've spoken to a few microwave technicians around town that all sing its praises, too.
Oh, and Breville is an Aussie company!
VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Show details

Jose
JoseSydney Surrounds, NSW5 posts

Not sure if the main dial is faulty but it wiggles and doesn't feel sturdy

Not sure if it is a Design issue or a faulty unit but the main dial (the one you can press and change the time) wiggles a lot and feels a bit lose and not as sturdy as the smaller dial, I'll be returning either way as it feels cheap.

Gladys G
Gladys GSydney4 posts

Easy to use with useful pre-programmed functions

Microwave seem sturdy and well-built. Nice look and well design, with an LED screen that show all the settings. Love its easy-to-use knobs, 30 second instant start button and pre-programmed functions eg melt chocolate, defrost meat with shortcut buttons on the inside door. It's on the louder side, doesn't bother me though.

Tony J
Tony JSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

Richard F
Richard FPerth, WA10 posts

Very good Microwave

Very good one . Can heat food very fast. Not big enough for big plate. Has so many functions but haven't used. It works fine without any issue. It is sturdy and well-built. It is quilt. I only use it to reheat food. So don't know about any other functions.

Joseph S
Joseph SElizabeth South5 posts

Awesome value for a quality Breville product

Hard to go wrong with Breville, and this microwave is no exception. It's very well built (although quite large for a 'compact') as you'd expect from Breville. I really like the knob to select heating times. Has a plethora of quick heat settings but I don't use those. Does everything you can ask of it well and I'm sure will last a really long time. Really well priced too but keep an eye out for sales. Looks great on my kitchen counter!

Lee
Lee

Huge unit

Be warned. This so-called 'compact' microwave is huge. Calling it a compact is downright misleading. If it doesn't work as expected I will give it away and consign Breville to the appliance garbage bin. Honestly, I have only seen a bigger microwave than this compact machine in a commercial setting.

pebble
pebbleWA, 653099 posts

lopezmar
lopezmartoronto2 posts

Breville Microwave ( just ok)

I read lot of reviews, look at prices and decided to go with Breville. I don’t think it worth the price. The front part

( door and handle) is all plastic. Looks really cheap. I have other things Breville and looks solid. It says is better to reheat the food, but it takes forever. I don’t know. I bought it at discount price, so it was the same price as the cheaper once. But for real price, I don’t recommend it.

Saf. A
Saf. ASydney6 posts

Heats up good fast and isn't that pricy

Bought this from Kmart before we moved in, was a bit skeptical as it did cost $110, it had space and can even fit a casserole dish when heating up. Doesn't take that long to heat up food and comes with warranty. It is also easy to use unlike some other microwaves

Holly
HollyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC72 posts
May
MayPerth, WA4 posts

Breville
Breville   DM

Hi May - the design and customer service teams receive these notifications and we appreciate your feedback. Thanks, the Breville team

TerryC
TerryC2 posts

Too fiddly to use

It was a gift so I can't return it. The timer is overly sensitive. It is very loud. The weight of the food I want to cook doesn't match with the suggested weight. Need to use the instructions every time. It is a waste of space. Hope it breaks soon.

Breville
Breville   DM

Hi TerryC - if you would like assistance please call customer service (1300139798) or visit the Breville Australia YouTube channel to watch videos on the Quick Touch microwaves. Thanks, the Breville team

Maureen
MaureenSydney, NSW13 posts

Timer dial drives crazy

I've had this microwave a month and found from the outset that if I want to set the timer somewhere above, say, two minutes the timer always jumps to around six to eight minutes. Then I have to reduce the time back down to what I wanted. I spoke to Breville's customer service and they said to advance the time slowly. I've tried that, even one click and a pause at a time but still it jumps. So I guess that I'll just have to live with this annoying glitch. Apart from that, the microwave works as expected, it's not noisy - but I did find that my baked beans exploded when I used the special setting and, as you're told not to cover them, yes, there was a mess to clean up!

MattMelbourne2 posts

Faulty Quick Touch Dial?

Just purchased a brand new Breville microwave and looks like I will be returning it the same week. The primary fault I have is the Quick Touch Dial randomly skips up to 5-10 minutes after turning it only a few clicks. Occasionally I can make it to just over 1 minute before it skips, but most times it will skip after only 3-4 clicks.

I can not make comment on how well it cooks or loudness as it is infuriating to use. I can see from reviews this has been a complaint from other customers.